PDA

View Full Version : PvE Boosting (among other things)

raw
02-14-2015, 08:35 PM
So the reason for this post is to bring up two points.

1. PvE Boosting and the prevalence of it (as well as the prevalence of botting around AL)
2. The excessive censorship on the forums (which is highly ironic because there is literally none in game)

PvE boosting per Leoakre's now deleted thread, 'Easy PvE Boosting up the LB...No Gold Needed.' has been a huge issue for Arcane Legends for quite some time now. I'm bringing this issue back up because I can feel the frustration from so many players (who I know legitimately work hard to get on the PvE and Overall leaderboards). The reason for Leo's post is primarily because there is a player who has been botting non-stop and has gotten over 500K kills in the past few weeks and has taken her rightfully earned spot.

As a person who once got pushed off the leaderboard for CTF kills in s4 because of people who were exploiting macros to farm thousands of pvp kills, I can really relate to this. I cannot imagine how hard it is to farm ONE MILLION kills. Good lord that's dedication. But to know that after all of those hours, potions, mind-numbing wt4/kt4, that someone who simply programmed a macro can take over your spot while they sleep is extremely unjust. It irks me so much that if I were them I would've quit the game a long time ago.

The point being... why has this issue not been addressed when it's been blatantly in our faces for years now. Also, why was Leoakre's post deleted? When there are fundamental aspects of the game that are being exploited, why does it take such a long time to get fixed? I realize that these things aren't that easy, but if STG wants to continue to have a successful Mobile MMORPG, then they need to prioritize these things. Plat farming is a prime example of this. NativeX pays STG per app download, which is why they give us platinum. Here is a quote from NativeX's website:

"The average revenue per download (ARPD) of the top 250 apps released since January 2012 is $0.99 in the U.S"

Knowing this, and knowing that some players downloaded the same app thousands of times (via plat farming), STG was probably making quite a fortune. There is absolutely no way that they didn't realize this was happening, and if they actually didn't... then that begs the following questions:

Why is there such a huge gap between STG and it's players, and why do they depend on the Forums to get the information they need?
Is it because they are more focused on bringing revenue driving updates instead of fixing issues that won't bring them any more money? Do they need to have a group of players who test content (like how Madnex does), or are they just understaffed and overwhelmed?

I'm assuming that this thread is going to be deleted, and that I'm going to get either banned, or receive some sort of warning. But I value transparency and standing up for what I believe in, as many of you who have met me in game have probably experienced. Just FYI, the last two threads which I have been a part of (Leoakre's PvE Boosting thread, and Conradev's Avshovv vs Avshow thread) were both deleted by moderators.

I hope this hasn't come off as a "cry thread." I frankly am just really frustrated that these issues haven't been resolved, and that these hard working players are getting knocked down by botters who literally don't have any fear of being banned. Moving forward from this, what is your take on this information I've presented, and do you think that there are things that STG can do at this point to improve some of the fundamental issues in the game? Why do you think these issues have been ignored? PLEASE KEEP THIS CONSTRUCTIVE, BASED ON FACTS, AND DO NOT NAME DROP.

Thanks for your time.

p.s. I'm posting this because I care about Arcane Legends, and I want these issues to be clarified by a moderator, and hopefully resolved. If this gets deleted that I'll know for sure that my assumptions were correct and that my time with this game will be coming to an end sooner than I anticipated.

cami
02-14-2015, 08:41 PM
I'm without words :O

obee
02-14-2015, 08:41 PM
First, STS should ban the hackers, and I think that's pretty easy to find out. I think STS has ignored this, since it didn't really affect the game as much as something like platinum farming did. But they should seriously look at this, it's been happening for quite a while. Honestly, maybe even revamping the leaderboard could be a solution.

cami
02-14-2015, 08:42 PM
oh oh "Rx" :/

regizakirs.rs
02-14-2015, 08:47 PM
Raw
I 100% agree with you. Cause I work hard also and when you have people who simply use macros isn't cool. I wish they would ban them also. Please STG look into this and take care of it. Thanks

cami
02-14-2015, 08:58 PM
The rare is that STS always talks in cap words when all comunity know something important. Example: STS jumped when all world said about the plat farming. How sts no detected in their system what many players were using plat farming?

xclyklcx
02-14-2015, 09:20 PM
The rare is that STS always talks in cap words when all comunity know something important. Example: STS jumped when all world said about the plat farming. How sts no detected in their system what many players were using plat farming?
Because STS wont get/lose plat out of it so why should they care...

cami
02-14-2015, 09:20 PM
Because STS wont get/lose plat out of it

OHHH O.o

ClumsyCactus
02-14-2015, 09:34 PM
I'm assuming that this thread is going to be deleted, and that I'm going to get either banned, or receive some sort of warning. But I value transparency and standing up for what I believe in, as many of you who have met me in game have probably experienced.

I frankly am just really frustrated that these issues haven't been resolved, and that these hard working players are getting knocked down by botters who literally don't have any fear of being banned.

And to those 2 things i say a big AMEN.

Visiting
02-14-2015, 09:50 PM
Honestly, the only leaderboard I put any trust in are the Timed Run Leader boards, because, I know that people on those tried hard AF for their spot on them, with the other leaderboards, who can tell whether the person did it legit or was just another botter/glitcher/exploiter...

BaronB
02-14-2015, 09:57 PM
Why isnt this thread a sticky ?

Hercules
02-14-2015, 10:28 PM
This thread OPEN eyes!

[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

GuardianTwo
02-15-2015, 12:57 AM
When all the plat farming thread and discussions started, I was thinking the same that why would they care they are getting the bucks...

Serancha
02-15-2015, 02:14 AM
When all the plat farming thread and discussions started, I was thinking the same that why would they care they are getting the bucks...
And for pve farming, I had done KT4 completely legit on mage, I was playing it myself and could get around 80-100 kills I think. And complete the run in almost a min.
So 80*59= 4720kills/hr say 1 min wasted here and there
4720*10=47,200kills/day say did only for 10hrs
So apparently one can reach around 300k kills in a week so 500k kill possibility in few week is ok. Even if we consider more min to complete the run, still possible I think.

To run kraag 4 solo - full runs, playing manually (no botting) It takes approximately:
2.5 minutes for a mythic mage
3.5 minutes for a mythic rogue
3 minutes for a legendary warrior on a tomb spec

You also have to add the time to go in and out of the map. I need to check my records, which are not with me at the moment, but I believe it is 140 mobs per run in Kraag 4.

So adding 30 seconds turnaround time, we'll say 4 minutes per run for a rogue with 140 mobs per run.

That means 15 runs / 2100 kills per hour.
10 hours per day would be 21k kills.
At this rate it would take 23 days to get 500k kills.

I don't believe it is possuble to get this kind of yield by macroing, since I understand it takes about twice as long as actually running the maps does. If it was, the average numbers on the pve board would be much higher than they are. These numbers are not even realistic for manually playing, since people need to eat, answer pm's, empty their inventories multiple times a day, take phone calls, use the washroom etc.

So yes, I agree with Conrad that it is impossible for a rogue to bot 500k kills in a few weeks, and extremely unrealistic to even do it manually. (and for the record my times are accurate since the level 41 cap and are farming times, not speed runner times)

Soundlesskill
02-15-2015, 04:35 AM
Honestly, the only leaderboard I put any trust in are the Timed Run Leader boards, because, I know that people on those tried hard AF for their spot on them, with the other leaderboards, who can tell whether the person did it legit or was just another botter/glitcher/exploiter...

Hard.. Well, I don't know if competing only against the 0.1% of the AL population with the best gear can be considered.. Hard. I mean sure sure competing against that 0,1% IS hard. But the other 99,9% of AL has abosloutely no chance of getting on the LB lol.

Just the difference of running with one fully geared rouge with singe and a DMG buff was enough to kill bosses before enrage. However running with 3 mythic bow rouges and 1 warrior wasn't enough to kill the boss before the countdown from 10.

leoakre
02-15-2015, 07:45 AM
To run kraag 4 solo - full runs, playing manually (no botting) It takes approximately:
2.5 minutes for a mythic mage
3.5 minutes for a mythic rogue
3 minutes for a legendary warrior on a tomb spec

You also have to add the time to go in and out of the map. I need to check my records, which are not with me at the moment, but I believe it is 140 mobs per run in Kraag 4.

So adding 30 seconds turnaround time, we'll say 4 minutes per run for a rogue with 140 mobs per run.

That means 15 runs / 2100 kills per hour.
10 hours per day would be 21k kills.
At this rate it would take 23 days to get 500k kills.

I don't believe it is possuble to get this kind of yield by macroing, since I understand it takes about twice as long as actually running the maps does. If it was, the average numbers on the pve board would be much higher than they are. These numbers are not even realistic for manually playing, since people need to eat, answer pm's, empty their inventories multiple times a day, take phone calls, use the washroom etc.

So yes, I agree with Conrad that it is impossible for a rogue to bot 500k kills in a few weeks, and extremely unrealistic to even do it manually. (and for the record my times are accurate since the level 41 cap and are farming times, not speed runner times)

Lol Sera...go check Numbeddebmun's pves for the last 2 weeks :)

Maybe he is just an arcane ring rogue who knows a bigger boosting secret than anyone else before him...who knows? But he hit 1 million kills and now has past Casperox going on to 1.5 million kills since I began speaking with moderators. Maybe if the new moderators actually spent some time online in the game amongst the endgame community instead of popping in for a 10 minute cameo appearance once in a blue moon they might gain a better understanding of what the legitimate players consider acceptable and appropriate behavior. What I do know is Delphina would've yanked his butt off the leader boards by now just like she did with that player who cheated to be at the top of the flag board a few seasons ago. She even messaged me to go check the leader boards to see if anything had changed yet. Then again, Delphy was extremely visable to the whole AL community and took the time to get to know different players by visiting guilds, keeping different toons in guilds, running maps with players, making parties and hitting the PvP maps, and just casually hanging out with anyone who cared to share a few laughs. It takes so much more than just technical know-how to manage our in game community ... The personal touch is a big plus and it let's us all know that we haven't been ignored by the devs. This is an opinion, not a fact so please refrain from personal attacks.

I can honestly say that the disillusionment I felt was overwhelming when I was informed that the top rogue in the best multiplayer mobile app game is actually playing the DAILY (let's not forget the definition of DAILY) quest The Skeleton Medley 'as designed though not as intended' as he is using (abusing) it for an entirely different purpose. Hmm... How in the world can a DAILY quest be played as designed if the boss is never killed and the quest is never turned in for the DAILY token reward?!? Score one for the devs and moderators supporting the hard working players!! Pft

Just saying...

Meh

obee
02-15-2015, 03:04 PM
What annoys me is that it takes months just to get responses from these guys, and the fact that there are so many loopholes in this guy. I know plenty of people that have been banned, but they just make a new account on a new device and they go troll and scam people. I just wish STS was more "aware", of the situation. For the millionth time, they understand the problem much better if they log on just like anyone else did.

raw
02-15-2015, 03:11 PM
Hard.. Well, I don't know if competing only against the 0.1% of the AL population with the best gear can be considered.. Hard. I mean sure sure competing against that 0,1% IS hard. But the other 99,9% of AL has abosloutely no chance of getting on the LB lol.

Truth. Which is why with the review of the leaderboard system there needs to be some sort of way if incorporating more players. When I played Runescape (way back) the leaderboard evolved from the top 25 (I think don't quote me) to the top 100 and finally to include all players above a minimum level. This singlehandedly motivated me SO much and gave me a context to where I stood against other players. The website had a section for the leaderboards where you could search for any name. This made me feel like I was not just a nobody who wasn't in the elite .01%.

The board system in this game is extremely underdeveloped. The pvp and pve boards are stagnant and won't change unless someone spends hundreds of extra hours a month or macros. I mean let's be honest who is gonna get 6m pve kills in the next two years?

The last time I checked these are seasonal leaderboards so as such they should reflect the players who were the best in this seasons. (Given that potential glitch abuses. Macros etc. are fixed)

And Serancha, it's been identified that the map being abused is not kt4 ... but I never stated which map that were exploiting. I just stated that legitimate players use wt4/kt4 to farm pve kills. Your times are probably accurate and I just guessed a few weeks since that's the last time I saw the LB and the person we are talking about had less than 1m kills. So my mistake for making that assumption.

There are many other glitches and abuses that happen on a daily basis and if a moderator would speak up I'll gladly shed light on many of these things via pm.

I just hope that this thread actually turns into something positive, and triggers some sort of change in the STG - Player relationship instead of relying on forums (which represents a disproportionate subset of players)

Also please refrain from name dropping.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nevercan
02-15-2015, 03:34 PM
I mean let's be honest who is gonna get 6m pve kills in the next two years?

I dont think there wil be 2 more years for al anymore .-.

Serancha
02-15-2015, 03:52 PM
There actually was one rouge who did so. They are banned now. It was when Camp Boulder upped your PvE count.

They took kills out of boulder over a year ago. We're talking about what's possible now....or not, as the case may be.

Soundlesskill
02-15-2015, 04:05 PM
Truth. Which is why with the review of the leaderboard system there needs to be some sort of way if incorporating more players. When I played Runescape (way back) the leaderboard evolved from the top 25 (I think don't quote me) to the top 100 and finally to include all players above a minimum level. This singlehandedly motivated me SO much and gave me a context to where I stood against other players. The website had a section for the leaderboards where you could search for any name. This made me feel like I was not just a nobody who wasn't in the elite .01%.

The board system in this game is extremely underdeveloped. The pvp and pve boards are stagnant and won't change unless someone spends hundreds of extra hours a month or macros. I mean let's be honest who is gonna get 6m pve kills in the next two years?

The last time I checked these are seasonal leaderboards so as such they should reflect the players who were the best in this seasons. (Given that potential glitch abuses. Macros etc. are fixed)

And Serancha, it's been identified that the map being abused is not kt4 ... but I never stated which map that were exploiting. I just stated that legitimate players use wt4/kt4 to farm pve kills. Your times are probably accurate and I just guessed a few weeks since that's the last time I saw the LB and the person we are talking about had less than 1m kills. So my mistake for making that assumption.

There are many other glitches and abuses that happen on a daily basis and if a moderator would speak up I'll gladly shed light on many of these things via pm.

I just hope that this thread actually turns into something positive, and triggers some sort of change in the STG - Player relationship instead of relying on forums (which represents a disproportionate subset of players)

Also please refrain from name dropping.

Thanks!

At least you acknowledge the fact that timed run LB is also not just for anyone now.

They took kills out of boulder over a year ago. We're talking about what's possible now....or not, as the case may be.

I know, thags why I said "When Camp Boulder upped your PvE count". Did I say we were talking about anything besides that? No. I don't see the constructivness of this post.

Serancha
02-15-2015, 04:23 PM
At least you acknowledge the fact that timed run LB is also not just for anyone now.

I know, thags why I said "When Camp Boulder upped your PvE count". Did I say we were talking about anything besides that? No. I don't see the constructivness of this post.

Actually the discussion was about a certain player's kills in the past few weeks. So I didn't see the relevance of the reference to camp boulder farming, that is all. This whole thread is kind of non-constructive, since botting should be a matter for support. Giving people ideas on how to cheat is not helpful at all for the community and game.

Titanfall
02-15-2015, 04:30 PM
since botting should be a matter for support. Giving people ideas on how to cheat is not helpful at all for the community and game.
You should try emailing support then. Because I know for certain me and everyone else who tried got ignored with a copy and paste message saying 'Thanks for the report' and then logged on a week later to see the same person doing the same thing. And telling everyone how to cheat might make STS actually do something?

Energizeric
02-15-2015, 04:33 PM
There is a very simple solution to fix this, but it may become an annoyance if implemented. We have all been to many sites on the web where they have some sort of bot protection:

How about one like this each time you enter a map, but just have it be 2 or 3 letters instead of a long word as typing is somewhat of an annoyance on mobile devices. This would solve this issue, but is it something we all want?

As for making the leaderboard more interesting, in Battle Command (another STS game) when you look at the leaderboard it shows you the top 100 players in each category, but then at the bottom it shows you what your rank is. So if you are not in the top 100, you can then see that you are actually ranked 1355 (or whatever your rank is). That gives you an idea of where you are in relation to everyone else, and would probably be a good thing.

Additionally, it would be nice if more factors were taken into consideration in ranking the "Top Player" leaderboard. For the guild rankings, they take all sorts of categories into consideration, but for Top Player it is just APs and PvE Kills. How about having CTF Kills, Flags and TDM Kills entering the equation. I do understand that APs are the top consideration for Top Player, but some points should be allocated for these other areas as well instead of just having PvE kills be a tiebreaker. At a minimum these other factors should be considered in the tie breaker formula.

Titanfall
02-15-2015, 04:35 PM
I didnt know STS get paid by NativeX. Maybe thats why they dont do anything about plat farming? And the PvE kill issue, its already too late. Unless the botters get wiped off the LB.

Ardbeg
02-15-2015, 04:51 PM
imho the whole ap/lb system needs to be renewed as badly as the skill system. in fact if you take a closer look, a lot (not all) of the perceived class imbalances are just the result of the combination of team pvp modes with single player ap/lb awards.
that being said, if there are lb awards, stg ows all players to monitor a fair competition, or we re better off without them.

raw
02-15-2015, 05:24 PM
I agree, Ard! Why award individuals for team pvp matches? The board system needs to be revamped.

Energizeric, that's a genius idea... Adding the rank of the player on the leaderboard is probably extremely simple, especially if it's already been implemented in another game owned by STG.

And Sera I disagree and think that emailing support wouldn't do a thing for the simple fact that this isn't a high priority item. It's been 2 years and yes bolder was fixed, but well after the damage was done. Fixing this will take a lot of effort, and will not bring about a commensurate amount of revenue for STG, so from a monetary stand point I understand that, but from a business stand point I really don't. How can a company continue to focus on events and expansions, when the foundation of the game clearly isn't sufficient to continue to sustain any more growth?

I posted this to bring to light an issue that has been swept under the rug countless times. I'd rather hit the nail on the head by pointing out the issues in a public forum rather than begging and pleading behind the scenes while we all pretend that everything on the surface is all peachy. Hopefully this will bring about some sort of change before more players quit. So overall, I believe that posting this here for all to see will have a net positive impact on the community (assuming that STG responds to this instead of deleting it)

I know it's the weekend, but a mod response to all of this would be greatly appreciated! And thanks to everyone for keeping this constructive!

leoakre
02-15-2015, 05:40 PM
I have better things to do with my time than monitor kill counts of someone who was in my guild for 2 weeks once last fall. I can tell you that I boot people who play dirty, and he wasn't booted. Whether that changed, it is not for me to say, but it is totally uncool to be naming on forums.

Warriors can gain pve kills faster than rogues due to skills like skyward smash, chest splitter and windmill, which all hit multiple targets. Tomb mobs are weak and die easily. The warrior you're referring to with your oh-so-subtle hint has spent over 2 years working on his kills. 80% of those kills were gained in the 2 season pve war between him and Boss before Boulder was de-killed. It is not possible to gain kills as fast these days.
Thank you Sera, but by this point I don't mind being 'totally uncool'!! It is not what I am concerned with :)

leoakre
02-15-2015, 05:50 PM
Actually the discussion was about a certain player's kills in the past few weeks. So I didn't see the relevance of the reference to camp boulder farming, that is all. This whole thread is kind of non-constructive, since botting should be a matter for support. Giving people ideas on how to cheat is not helpful at all for the community and game.

I think giving EVERYBODY ideas is very constructive because that is the only way Sts will actually notice the problem and try to correct it before all of AL stops needing potions to pve because when players stop spending gold they pay more attention. Plus, maybe others can boost their way up the LB and finally receive a meaningless banner!

Soundlesskill
02-15-2015, 06:05 PM
I think giving EVERYBODY ideas is very constructive because that is the only way Sts will actually notice the problem and try to correct it before all of AL stops needing potions to pve because when players stop spending gold they pay more attention. Plus, maybe others can boost their way up the LB and finally receive a meaningless banner!

I agree, without this much commotion STS will never take notice.

+1 Energierz

obee
02-15-2015, 06:32 PM
This thread is pretty constructive to me. Everyone is putting their ideas, and if camp Boulder doesn't work anymore, it's not giving people ideas lol. Anyway, I think STS should first ban all the botters, then revamp the leaderboard to eliminate potential cheating. Then, try to make a macro dectector (I guess if that's possible).

cami
02-15-2015, 06:33 PM
This thread is pretty constructive to me. Everyone is putting their ideas, and if camp Boulder doesn't work anymore, it's not giving people ideas lol. Anyway, I think STS should first ban all the botters, then revamp the leaderboard to eliminate potential cheating. Then, try to make a macro dectector (I guess if that's possible).

This idea is awesome Obee :)

Rx8
02-16-2015, 01:20 AM

Personally, My friends recently made up a macro detector. And almost all games have in-built macro's due to an overpopulation of SKILLS. (just saying<<). And yes, detecting a macro is very, VERY simple. I can assure you about that. In Hopping from map to map, the location changes. Let's say u go to pier and the locations is (X: 29; Y: 30) and then when i teleport to pier again your location changes (X: 32; Y:35), and also macro's dont have the intelligence to detect if they are on the same spot, like when i go to pier )the 2nd time location) and u try to go the auc (using the macro) ultimately ur location was actually in line with the stash. And boom, your caught!

The problem here is ^ that bard quests, your location remains the same, your start position does not change no matter how many time you just re-map and hop-in again. By this i mean that it might be a difficult task to identify who is using a macro (but PC moves are awkward) but since every key stroke and release has the timing STG/S can detect the movements easily. Also, i dont see any profit using them, just ruins the game experience, nothing like those slogans "download macro and let the game be at your fingers!' or "Macroing: The new art of enhancing your gameplay!". No, its all crap. This enhancing your gameplay and crap stuff can only mean danger, And as i have said earlier in Leo's thread that these file types of macro's are very dangerous and believe it or not...they wont hide anything in their stomach! So this enhancing can be ur doom. I cant say anything, because i havent tried any of the macro softwares ( and i do not want, makes me sick!) but these are really dangerous, they'd leak out everything to the owner of the software. IMO, just play with your friends and chill-out that would be way better than "Enhancing your gameplay" and crap stuff like that!

BaronB
02-16-2015, 01:21 AM
To help prevent or cure a type of problem, it helps to be as educated on the subject at hand as possible.

Which is why threads like these in my personal opinion shouldn't deleted, but maintained and kept clean (tho I might not agree with the entire post word for word, the idea of sheding light onto taboo subjects shouldnt be something people are afraid of)

Now after reading through many of different posts over the times here it, it does seem there is still plenty of work to be done but so far ill take my hat off too the STS/STG team as I have been enjoying myself more and more as I have been playing.

Now my hats off is for the fantastic platform thats been put together with still so much potential if done right...

The standing ovation however goes to the mind blowing community of people I have discovered here and the efforts some people have put into the game and in their posts for others to be informed more about the game is incredible!

When I first started I spent countless hours browsing through page after page looking for tips and advice on how to do maps and how to build up my character in this new little world I came across.

EVERYTHING when it came to guide related stuff was all contributed by the players of the actual game. There is alot the community will contribute and deleting/silencing threads that shed light to new information isnt the right way to go.

Now some glitchs or bugs per say IMO is what should be more gray rather then clear black or white / right or wrong... A cool example is the haunlet pool which lets you respawn for multiple coins, Ive seen mentioned enough times on forums but lets be honest its not really doing anyone much harm and its left to its own devices (maybe until it gets completely out of control but it might not either gotta have some faith ^.^).

Then there was the mt boulder case for example with the AFK farming. Now when it comes to levelling up your pets or even essence farming I would say why the hell not? even for looting gears.. its essentially a way of doing a level auto run which is provided by many games.

Where its not right is when those actions is when there is a leader board involved which people are supposed to work their backsides for as a point of recognition for the rest of the community to see -"yes this players worked hard achieved this and is the dogs bol***ks!".

Now going by the original topic of this thread about the PVE leader boards... It seems some great solutions have been thrown onto the table and this would be a great opportunity to get the support from the staff over at SpaceTime Studios in implementing the necessary changed to this game needed to keep it its burning soul going.

This has been done before with topics such as paragems, plannr tombs, nekro, DC issues, arena gems in the recent times that ive been here. Where staff and the community are in converse for achieving the same goals of bettering this fantastic game we all love and wish to support.

So why not work out a new systems for parts of the leader board or revamp it as its been suggested all together in a way that would prevent peoples efforts to achieve that ranking for all to see go to waste.

A possible solution for PVE leader board perhaps only the kills that are gained in particular areas of the game (such as top end elite maps) count towards your leader board rankings?

Who knows....

Ill be honest its hard for me to put to much of a input as I dont understand technical side of things to much, but i am always keen and willing to learn and without threads like this with different peoples perspectives and opinions thrown in it would be impossible to do so.

1 <3

PS...

As for making the leaderboard more interesting, in Battle Command (another STS game) when you look at the leaderboard it shows you the top 100 players in each category, but then at the bottom it shows you what your rank is. So if you are not in the top 100, you can then see that you are actually ranked 1355 (or whatever your rank is). That gives you an idea of where you are in relation to everyone else, and would probably be a good thing.

Additionally, it would be nice if more factors were taken into consideration in ranking the "Top Player" leaderboard. For the guild rankings, they take all sorts of categories into consideration, but for Top Player it is just APs and PvE Kills. How about having CTF Kills, Flags and TDM Kills entering the equation. I do understand that APs are the top consideration for Top Player, but some points should be allocated for these other areas as well instead of just having PvE kills be a tiebreaker. At a minimum these other factors should be considered in the tie breaker formula.

^WHY THE HELL HASNT THIS ALREADY BEEN IMPLEMENTED?!?!

Nheedles
02-16-2015, 01:23 AM
The leader boards have no value. GG Spacetime!

Now youre saying that because your not 1st anymore.

carmine_blade
02-16-2015, 01:39 AM
and the response from STS is ... *crickets*....

Serancha
02-16-2015, 01:53 AM
You should try emailing support then. Because I know for certain me and everyone else who tried got ignored with a copy and paste message saying 'Thanks for the report' and then logged on a week later to see the same person doing the same thing. And telling everyone how to cheat might make STS actually do something?

If you will notice, I said botting should be a matter for support. STS does not often take action against people who break the terms of service, which is the root of the problem.

So, instead of using a thread to call out pve kill boosters and naming one specific player as a cheater, why are we not calling on STS to crack down on ALL bots, kill farmers, and dummy farmers? The problem is not limited to pve kills.

If bosses like Jarl and the Goldmine guys no longer dropped crates on a regular basis, I would bet all my gold that the value of them would more than double after the first crate event weekend (prices would not rise substantially until the inventories were mostly cleared), as would the value of their contents.

However, the more crates that drop, the more there are to open, so (just like with plat farming for over a year) STS ignores their own rules when those breaking them keep the money rolling. And if the rule breaking doesn't adversely affect their income, they ignore that too, like kill farming and dummy farming.

Until the developers decide the integrity of the game is more important than the immediate bottom line and take their own ToS seriously, nothing is going to change.

leoakre
02-16-2015, 02:19 AM
Now youre saying that because your not 1st anymore.

If you say so....but many much better players than myself have been passed on the leader boards by such shameless boosting players. Since when does an arcane ring rogue need to bot farm low level mobs to gain an edge over other hard working honest players?! Its been a problem for awhile, and yes...it affects me in a big way now so I decided to speak out. So what?! I tried the emails to support along with sending nice long letters to moderators. What I received was an automated impersonal reply the first time from a certain support tech, then a very condescending reply when I emailed him again which only reinforced the feeling that the players (i.e. customers) and our concerns are insignificant to Sts on a whole. What really set me off was being told by a moderator that the exploited quest in question here was being 'played as designed but not as intended.' Wording the explanation this way then reinforced my already growing sense of insignificance because any moderator who spends any time at all actually playing the game we all love and enjoy would realize the absurdity of their explanation of that daily quest being abused. Technically, that moderator could be right although common sense dictates otherwise!!

I still suggest putting a time limit on how long a player may keep a daily quest. Say, if the quest has not been turned in to the Minstrel within 4 to 6 hours of taking the quest then it expires and that player loses the quest and his reward until the next daily Bard quest becomes available.

Not so hard to fathom.

P.s. you're so smart *snickers*

leoakre
02-16-2015, 02:21 AM
If you will notice, I said botting should be a matter for support. STS does not often take action against people who break the terms of service, which is the root of the problem.

So, instead of using a thread to call out pve kill boosters and naming one specific player as a cheater, why are we not calling on STS to crack down on ALL bots, kill farmers, and dummy farmers? The problem is not limited to pve kills.

If bosses like Jarl and the Goldmine guys no longer dropped crates on a regular basis, I would bet all my gold that the value of them would more than double after the first crate event weekend (prices would not rise substantially until the inventories were mostly cleared), as would the value of their contents.

However, the more crates that drop, the more there are to open, so (just like with plat farming for over a year) STS ignores their own rules when those breaking them keep the money rolling. And if the rule breaking doesn't adversely affect their income, they ignore that too, like kill farming and dummy farming.

Until the developers decide the integrity of the game is more important than the immediate bottom line and take their own ToS seriously, nothing is going to change.

Totally agree!!

Titanfall
02-16-2015, 03:19 AM

We did call sts ... they ignore us. :/ not surr if you were there but I made a thread on it and poof, deleted

Castellann
02-16-2015, 04:19 AM
I know that Leoakre worked hard to get her PVE kills. She uses her own hands for it.
Moderators should to check all lb players (PVE and PVP), coz its weird if player get 50k PVE kills per day.
Same bout PVP dummy farmers. When STS finally will pay attention on that kind of cheap players??? I will not use any names, but i know many ppl, who farms their own alts for getiing LB banner. Just look at their kdr. How player can get 40k kills and 38 deaths?? Pffs its outrageously.

Bellaelda
02-16-2015, 04:50 AM
Totally agree... The cheaters need to be removed from boards, the whole board system need to be revamped, and somebody needs to start listening and acknowledging our complaints on these problems. We've been asking them to fix these issues since game launched! I remember there was a player season one that had a million kills already because he played the beta and how many people complained that this was unfair advantage, but really my only point is that we've asked multiple times for seasonal lbs and macros being fixed and nada. Really just sucks!

xxjellybeanxx
02-16-2015, 05:37 AM
bla

Origin
02-16-2015, 06:25 AM
For what it's worth, before this comes down :

The probs have been around for a long time. imo they didn't get fixed bcs players never seemed interested in it on the level of principle, only interested in their own image and getting satisfaction from seeing individual players fall. It can be seen from the way people back down as soon as the player is "removed".

In a game like this, it might be hard to enforce certain things without compromising gaming experience and possibly destablising devices..for eg rootkit types of anti-cheating guards. That's me from an uneducated pov, since I'm not technically trained.

There're other ways to easily resolve this, such as by applying clear rules - this is different from TOS, and is the same as Seonatrek coming out to say "macros are bannable" like in one thread. And from there on, all that requires is skillful moderation. No giving out of free items needs to be involved, to get involved with players.

Most lb-ers are reasonable and care about the game. All it would take is a "xxx, could we have a chat?" and 5 mins. If the player repeatedly rebukes attempts to take them aside, or deliberately stalls, that's insubordination ("you're fired"). And if mods can enter a map without affecting scaling, the player could easily prove their technique and mod cld decide on the spot if that's gonna be legit or not. If not, they could tell the player to stop and update the rules. For real transgressions U cld have funny penalties, like having them "wake up" in a tomb as a level 1 with knocked back kills, confine them to a tdm room nude with bent sword (no kill gain), and rename their arcane pets to "Be_a_man", / "nevercheatagn", "banbaitbeware", whatever. Next one on is a ban. Simple as that. U cld even bring in their closest peers to mediate in a group, task them to look after the player, check back at ur convenience.. it's gd peer pressure, builds trust. There are few hotly contested places on the lb, all considering. So it's not that time-consuming to implement. And mods need to play the game enough to be able to make sound judgements.

Raw u asked me once how I did whatever I did. Well, I still can't tell you, only that I've seen several famous endgame players use the same technique (I see they're still up on lb..) and it isn't macros, so even a rootkit guard wouldn't help. It rewards those that use it slyly and point fingers to someone else. And tbh I feel free to talk abt it since I have absolutely nothing to lose, I'm not playing anymore and never will. It was done to bring attention to a problem that had needed fixing for a long time and was never fixed. I didn't need to do it, since it was the day before season 4 end and my place on lb was already secure. There was no way I could be knocked off, legit numbers alone.

Honestly I had only theories on how it was done up to that point, but never put it to the test - when I did, I was disgusted at how easy it was. Complaints on forum were being summarily ignored. So I went all the way and later wrote a (very long) letter to sts that look, this is what I managed to do, I want rules to be clearly made, to have them clearly state "_____ IS a bannable offence", u can name and shame me on forum, I will go on it to say yes it was done. I didn't care how I might be judged, I just wanted things to get done and for them to stop ignoring the complaints, I wanted the focus to be on the issue itself so u'll notice I fell quiet after a couple of posts.

Delphina helped me through that time, and they deliberated over my case for a while before disappointingly deciding no rules would be implemented, all was final, nothing wld be said on forum, stop getting ur friends to write in or else <suggestive words>. However I kept my end of the promise despite what was decided, and pretty much never stepped into PVP again (since what was asked of me can't be verified....), easy enough since I'd lost faith in that part of the game.

So if something different happens this time, whether on the issue of PVE kills or elsewhere, good. If not, well at least u tried so good on u, but pls don't stop pushing for change after one player is punished, keep at it. :)

p.s. timed run boards do have some glitches, but they are fun ones that all us old timers know about, and I think should stay.

nevercan
02-16-2015, 06:39 AM
Those treads are actually the same as talking to an wal they never lisen and if they do and dont like it they delete/lock the tread up.

Serancha
02-16-2015, 01:20 PM
They have announced the end of content / updates / special weekends etc. for the other legends games, so at the moment, it is supposedly just AL and the MOBA or whatever it is that's in development that are the focus

I totally agree with your post and believe you are right in your reasoning, which again leads to the question - why is there no in-game moderation / game-master presence? Is it just greed? They are making all this profit and don't care to share with more staff? It's not like the company isn't making money hand over fist, so why can they not hire a proper staff to run the game?

In over 2 years of playing daily, I saw Delphina a handful of times, Seoratrek twice in towns, and twice saw unknown random devs sitting afk somewhere or other. That is the entire extent of my sightings of STS staff outside organized tournament contact. So even granting a few missed days here and there, 10 sightings in 700+ days of playing is pretty bizarre. Arlor is not that big.

obee
02-16-2015, 03:13 PM
Yea. There is a reason why companies strive for feedback and go for the user expirence. They want to make their product better. I don't think it hurts to log on as a normal player and actually look at AL the way we do. This thread is an example, I haven't seen a developer or moderator on threads, except for remiem. When you do see them, it's a clean up, or they delete your thread. I hate how the censorship here doesn't apply in game, everyone goes around cursing up a storm, bullying others, but STS never seems to care about that. Chat filters don't work, they make it worse. Ignore lists work somewhat, but some people always work around it. It's just frustrating.

Bellaelda
02-16-2015, 05:37 PM
Yup... I've seen a total of three people (other than delphina) online a total of one time each... and I've been playing daily since game launched! Those three were getting their picture taken and announced throughout arlor to everyone just out of shock of seeing one of them online!
Most people had no idea what the colored names were even for... And I myself even forgot which color was supposed to mean what, lol!

Candylicks
02-17-2015, 08:18 AM
For what it's worth, before this comes down :

The probs have been around for a long time. imo they didn't get fixed bcs players never seemed interested in it on the level of principle, only interested in their own image and getting satisfaction from seeing individual players fall. It can be seen from the way people back down as soon as the player is "removed".

In a game like this, it might be hard to enforce certain things without compromising gaming experience and possibly destablising devices..for eg rootkit types of anti-cheating guards. That's me from an uneducated pov, since I'm not technically trained.

There're other ways to easily resolve this, such as by applying clear rules - this is different from TOS, and is the same as Seonatrek coming out to say "macros are bannable" like in one thread. And from there on, all that requires is skillful moderation. No giving out of free items needs to be involved, to get involved with players.

Most lb-ers are reasonable and care about the game. All it would take is a "xxx, could we have a chat?" and 5 mins. If the player repeatedly rebukes attempts to take them aside, or deliberately stalls, that's insubordination ("you're fired"). And if mods can enter a map without affecting scaling, the player could easily prove their technique and mod cld decide on the spot if that's gonna be legit or not. If not, they could tell the player to stop and update the rules. For real transgressions U cld have funny penalties, like having them "wake up" in a tomb as a level 1 with knocked back kills, confine them to a tdm room nude with bent sword (no kill gain), and rename their arcane pets to "Be_a_man", / "nevercheatagn", "banbaitbeware", whatever. Next one on is a ban. Simple as that. U cld even bring in their closest peers to mediate in a group, task them to look after the player, check back at ur convenience.. it's gd peer pressure, builds trust. There are few hotly contested places on the lb, all considering. So it's not that time-consuming to implement. And mods need to play the game enough to be able to make sound judgements.

Raw u asked me once how I did whatever I did. Well, I still can't tell you, only that I've seen several famous endgame players use the same technique (I see they're still up on lb..) and it isn't macros, so even a rootkit guard wouldn't help. It rewards those that use it slyly and point fingers to someone else. And tbh I feel free to talk abt it since I have absolutely nothing to lose, I'm not playing anymore and never will. It was done to bring attention to a problem that had needed fixing for a long time and was never fixed. I didn't need to do it, since it was the day before season 4 end and my place on lb was already secure. There was no way I could be knocked off, legit numbers alone.

Honestly I had only theories on how it was done up to that point, but never put it to the test - when I did, I was disgusted at how easy it was. Complaints on forum were being summarily ignored. So I went all the way and later wrote a (very long) letter to sts that look, this is what I managed to do, I want rules to be clearly made, to have them clearly state "_____ IS a bannable offence", u can name and shame me on forum, I will go on it to say yes it was done. I didn't care how I might be judged, I just wanted things to get done and for them to stop ignoring the complaints, I wanted the focus to be on the issue itself so u'll notice I fell quiet after a couple of posts.

Delphina helped me through that time, and they deliberated over my case for a while before disappointingly deciding no rules would be implemented, all was final, nothing wld be said on forum, stop getting ur friends to write in or else <suggestive words>. However I kept my end of the promise despite what was decided, and pretty much never stepped into PVP again (since what was asked of me can't be verified....), easy enough since I'd lost faith in that part of the game.

So if something different happens this time, whether on the issue of PVE kills or elsewhere, good. If not, well at least u tried so good on u, but pls don't stop pushing for change after one player is punished, keep at it. :)

p.s. timed run boards do have some glitches, but they are fun ones that all us old timers know about, and I think should stay.

And here we have a player who admits to being on the LB from cheating, SMH. This here is the EXACT reason why the leader boards are ridiculous and need revamp.

Nheedles
02-17-2015, 08:24 AM
And here we have a player who admits to being on the LB from cheating, SMH. This here is the EXACT reason why the leader boards are ridiculous and need revamp.

If you were in the influence of such knowledge, I bet you would do it.

Candylicks
02-17-2015, 08:27 AM
If you were in the influence of such knowledge, I bet you would do it.

Here is where you are incorrect. I was one of the first people privy of the cheating going on during the Ursoth event and brought StS in on the issue immediately. I game as I operate IRL, and that is with integrity and you won't find me engaging in cheating/exploiting/sharing accounts/ purchasing items for cash/botting/ plat farming... or taking place in ANY of the rule breaking offenses in the game.

I am an apple licker through and through.

But thanks!

Anehazaz
02-17-2015, 10:28 AM
I never cease to be amazed at the things ppl get up too. I have heard through my time on here about bot farming,kill farming etc but as I'm not playing al for a lb position I fall into the category of thinking 'hmm...lol...sad ppl'. However I understand the frustrations raised here by ppl trying to achieve or maintain a lb position the 'honest' way. Sad to say I never even knew kills registered in story token tasks...I checked this yesterday and yeah they do and yes can be run time and time again. Just surprised really when other maps that aren't as easy don't register kills...I don't understand the logic here. Then again I only run wt4 for essences when bored or to LVL my character or pets ,not to boost pve kills...my main pve kills are from farming maps for loot,fun etc. I actually feel sorry that some friends of mine have to spend hours in tombs to keep up with lb cheaters and thankful that I have no necessity to follow that path. Leaderboard means a lot to some ppl but losing respect along the way surely defeats the objective. Same goes for those ppl farming pvp ....sometimes the end result doesn't justify the means. Respect is important to me, some good friends of mine have lb positions and my utmost respect goes to them, I know how they play and also how they bring other things of a positive nature into the game, other ppl on the lb...well better left unsaid. As regards sts they aren't at fault because some ppl continually look at ways to flaunt/cheat the system. Keep the blame where it should be and by all means expose these cheats. Hopefully sts will find a way to deal with some of these incidents. Finding a solution to long term abuse of the system can't be done overnight but by raising the concerns constructively as some ppl have done here alerts others to the issues. I for one do not stand in 'awe' gazing at the lb I have never been that naive to how some positions have been obtained.

Sorcerie
02-17-2015, 12:15 PM
Honestly, no leader board is safe, even the event leader boards can be manipulated freely if you know how.

For new players it's something so far out of reach that they could play this game for the next three years and never see any progress, especially at end game.

The only hope that anyone has to even get on there fairly is to run timed, and that aspect of the game is monopolized by the people who have the tools and knowledge to run timed as fast as possible.

So GG for any new players who has pipe dreams of getting on there.

It's one of the many reasons why I abhor the entire thing all together, such a farce.

Gorecaster
02-17-2015, 12:23 PM
So much thought, time, effort in everyone's posts here and yet I see nothing even resembling a notion that sts is even interested in fixing any of these issues being discussed. They are very lucky to have a concerned community always reaching for ways to improve the dynamics of this game. Been seeing same things posted for months ...

Seoratrek
02-17-2015, 12:41 PM
Hi there!

I'd like to start off by saying that I have forwarded this issue to the devs so that they can do some more investigation regarding the leaderboard (and see if they can come up with a solution). In the meantime, please be sure to keep your posts constructive and report any suspicious activity (such as "botting") in game to our Support Team by emailing them at support@spacetimestudios.com. Be sure your reports have details since vague/empty reports aren't very helpful when we take review them.

Gorecaster
02-17-2015, 12:48 PM
It's not fair to anyone to assume that individual players can determine who is guilty of disregarding the TOS and reporting others.

obee
02-17-2015, 01:19 PM
Once again, a thread gets "cleaned up".

Candylicks
02-17-2015, 01:24 PM
Sera had posted in another thread about making the lb for elite kills only. I love that idea!!!

raw
02-17-2015, 02:14 PM
Hi there!

I'd like to start off by saying that I have forwarded this issue to the devs so that they can do some more investigation regarding the leaderboard (and see if they can come up with a solution). In the meantime, please be sure to keep your posts constructive and report any suspicious activity (such as "botting") in game to our Support Team by emailing them at support@spacetimestudios.com. Be sure your reports have details since vague/empty reports aren't very helpful when we take review them.

I'm sorry but 'forwarding this issue' is simply avoiding any of the dozens of questions, concerns,and amazing suggestions listed here. I appreciate that you have not deleted this thread, but you cannot go around deleting multiple posts (over 10 were deleted). By deleting a post that follows ToS, you're simply confirming what I have stated to be true. Below is the deleted post.
Here it is:

Serancha:

On the forums you can get a moderator pming you about inappropriateness if you mention drinking or make a joke they consider to have innuendos in it, no matter how subtle. Yet in game people are running around swearing at each other, talking trash and cheating all over the place.

STS put in chat censorship instead of actually moderating the game, and all this does is make people change the spellings accordingly.

On the forums moderators will announce that macros are bannable, but notice that they do not say that anyone macroing will be banned - because the game is not actually moderated by STS staff.

It seems the forums are far more highly policed than any aspect of the actual game itself. Question is, why is that?

Raw:

Well it comes down to two things. First, the public facing portion of the game is the forums. When people google search Arcane Legends, they will find this. As such, STG probably wants to keep forums immaculate in case any potential investors, customers, etc. happen to stumble upon here. This makes sense, but by doing this they're creating a facade between the realities and actualities of the game, which clearly is upsetting some of its more active players.

Second, is that they just don't have enough staff dedicated to Arcane Legends. This could be because they are understaffed, or because they are focusing their attention on creating new games, or because they have too many games. I really think that STG has a gold mine here and should focus their attention on Arcane Legends (no offense PL/SL/DL players).

Let me give you an example of how potentially lucrative this game is ...

When I played Runescape I paid $5 a month in membership fees and the amount of content, updates, moderation was insanely amazing. In AL, one 90 dollar plat purchase is equivalent to the amount of money I'd spend on Runescape in 18 months. Given that I've spend at least $500 on this game, as I'm sure MANY players have spend that and way more, I really don't understand why this game is stagnating... The revenue is there, but it seems like they're taking the money from AL and using it to develop a new game, much like they did when they used the revenue from PL to develop AL.

I have made a decision to not spend any more of my money until I can see a plan from moderators to fix these fundamental issues which includes some sort of timeline. I don't consider us players as much as I consider us stakeholders. We spend a lot of money, and we deserve transparency.

I do want to note that Remiem and the other mods are doing a great job with the resources they are given so thank you for your hard work! (with the exception of the thread deletion fad).

Also please note that I'm making assumptions with my logic here. If I am wrong please correct me.

I've summarize the recommendations from this thread. If I've missed anything please let me know.

Low Hanging Fruit:
- Changing the daily quest to be an actual daily quest. Once you leave and try to return, the same mobs will already be dead
- Modify the location that a player spawns on a map as to confuse a programmed macro.
- Increase in game moderation, and have a facetime with spacetime
- Update your roadmap for the game. We've heard what you plan on doing through Remiem, but what are you actually planning on implementing.
- Include a "where do you stand" ranking on leaderboards like you already have in other STG games
- Reduce the amount of censorship on forums

Tougher but necessary things:
- Give multiple PvE kills for killing a mob in an Elite map
- Create actual SEASONAL leaderboards (kills/flags are tracked for only those gained during that season)
- Implement a macro/botting detection system

All in all we care about transparency, and just want some answers. I guarantee you that fixing the LB system to include a large portion of AL will increase your revenue significantly.

obee
02-17-2015, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry but 'forwarding this issue' is simply avoiding any of the dozens of questions, concerns,and amazing suggestions listed here. I appreciate that you have not deleted this thread, but you cannot go around deleting multiple posts (over 10 were deleted). By deleting a post that follows ToS, you're simply confirming what I have stated to be true. Below is the deleted post.
Here it is:

I've summarize the recommendations from this thread. If I've missed anything please let me know.

Low Hanging Fruit:
- Changing the daily quest to be an actual daily quest. Once you leave and try to return, the same mobs will already be dead
- Modify the location that a player spawns on a map as to confuse a programmed macro.
- Increase in game moderation, and have a facetime with spacetime
- Update your roadmap for the game. We've heard what you plan on doing through Remiem, but what are you actually planning on implementing.
- Include a "where do you stand" ranking on leaderboards like you already have in other STG games
- Reduce the amount of censorship on forums

Tougher but necessary things:
- Give multiple PvE kills for killing a mob in an Elite map
- Create actual SEASONAL leaderboards (kills/flags are tracked for only those gained during that season)
- Implement a macro/botting detection system

All in all we care about transparency, and just want some answers. I guarantee you that fixing the LB system to include a large portion of AL will increase your revenue significantly.
Also, I think they should increase the support staff. I know they don't have a ton of money, but people won't get pissed at STS Everytime they copy and paste reply. I'm out of thanks, but nice post.

Imsofancy
02-17-2015, 03:02 PM
Im a robot. thus I should be on LB. I dont need to poop. I never respond to ppl. and I dont get hungry. I also beat up nazi's and evil dinosaurs on my off time.

Origin
02-18-2015, 08:07 AM

Read again Candy. Try to be a little more objective and impartial, you do seem to carry a lot of preconceived notions here and in some of ur posts; they come out quite strongly. :) if they're ur opinions or from gossip it's fine, as long as u don't use them as facts.

For one I clearly stated I was high on lb for top kills day before season 4 end, without having "farmed". This is a fact. It was 12th or 17th place. Ure familiar w lb so I don't have to explain more there. Then I did the technique, opened a case with sts stating so, demanding change and detailing possible penalties (for myself). Also facts. But like I said, issues would have been resolved if players had kept the higher purpose in mind and pushed on. And that's what my post was about.

I'm sure u'll agree it's the issue that deserves the attention not u or I. If u have some carried-over personal grievances that would cause u to inaccurately sum up my post, let's talk in PM; I'm happy to clarify anything - privately - within my old promise to devs and I'm honest. If ur intentions are pure enough, I'm sure u would have no problem seeing the fairness and logic of it..

Candylicks
02-18-2015, 08:47 AM
Then I did the technique,=.

Exactly. TYVM for clearing that up.

Origin
02-18-2015, 08:54 AM
Exactly. TYVM for clearing that up.

That's very good sweetie. And what was done afterwards? :) and what might one infer from that.

Candylicks
02-18-2015, 09:01 AM
That's very good sweetie. And what was done afterwards? :) and what might one infer from that.

I have zero interest in engaging you here. I really have nothing against you - I am with the current PvE runners who are aware of past exploits on the LB and we want them revamped.

The point of this thread and the many like it are that the current players want a shot to fairly get on the LB. We are tired if it being clogged up by people who have (1) retired (2) cheated to get on it.

Many suggestions were made and I feel that StS has seen enough of these threads to realize this is a priority item in the game.

Origin
02-18-2015, 09:27 AM
I have zero interest in engaging you here. I really have nothing against you - I am with the current PvE runners who are aware of past exploits on the LB and we want them revamped.

The point of this thread and the many like it are that the current players want a shot to fairly get on the LB. We are tired if it being clogged up by people who have (1) retired (2) cheated to get on it.

Many suggestions were made and I feel that StS has seen enough of these threads to realize this is a priority item in the game.

Well engage the topic, whoever said anything about engaging me at a personal level :) for that there's pm. U're entitled to ur own opinions of course, just don't pass it off as fact quoting me, people might just think it was meant for me lol

I'll leave it to our discerning readers to find the funny side of 'ghosts' competing for lb :p Anyhoo. The things that were mentioned in my original post are current. Meaning, they are still being used by players on the lb and were not fixed, nor were rules against it implemented. It's related to what raw brought up, people don't give thanks to a post for nothing I think. This time round it would do good to find solutions once and for all. A decision for pve will start a good precedence and hopefully improve things across all categories.

Peace n press on x

Candylicks
02-18-2015, 09:28 AM
This is my suggestion:

Remove the pve kills lb entirely. The people who have locked their spots there have had enough banners. This is also where the majority of the cheating happens.

Add to the timed runs the people who got the most elite pve kills in each elite zone. So you have timed winners and also the ones who killed the most in each map.

Thoughts?

I can't fairly comment on pvp lb as I am not pvp player.

Candylicks
02-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Also you could do top pve killer in each class based on the individual lb kills for the elite maps.

Candylicks
02-18-2015, 09:36 AM
Also you could do top pve killer in each class based on the individual lb kills for the elite maps.
Last , it's about time they shut off the pve kills in kraag and watcher's tombs. We are so overgeared now, it's time for people to pick new spots to farm mindless kills.

Origin
02-18-2015, 09:55 AM
Awesome. Keep going, U all deserve as fantastic an outcome as u can imagine for urselves. ^^ wish all current players nothing but the best.

leoakre
02-18-2015, 10:04 AM
Im a robot. thus I should be on LB. I dont need to poop. I never respond to ppl. and I dont get hungry. I also beat up nazi's and evil dinosaurs on my off time.

This made me laugh out loud!!

Nheedles
02-18-2015, 10:18 AM

I have zero interest in engaging you here. I really have nothing against you

...right...

Serancha
This is my suggestion:

Remove the pve kills lb entirely. The people who have locked their spots there have had enough banners. This is also where the majority of the cheating happens.

Add to the timed runs the people who got the most elite pve kills in each elite zone. So you have timed winners and also the ones who killed the most in each map.

Thoughts?

If the PvE lb is not based on elite kills, it is just too exploitable. However, turning off kills in tombs is not the answer. Implementing in-game moderation and rule enforcement is.

They already make it so you can only get kills in the latest map zones. People need to be able to run something other than tinderin or nordr. if you take kills out of tombs, then everyone would just be farming jarl because they get no kills anywhere else crates drop. so might as well do the easiest thing possible. That will just lead to more issues, and make leveling ridiculously time-consuming also.

the pvp boards are full of dummy farmers and those who pay others to die for them. Yet the only legitimate leaderboards, the timed ones, had a pile of their maps turned off at Halloween and STS doesn't seem to understand that they need to be put back up.

If you read Remi's weekly thing from last week it says something like "we hear your concern and want you to talk more about pros and cons." Well when you refuse to enforce game rules and then take away a large part of something that is for legit playwrs only, it sends a very bad message to the player base.

This just shows they don't give a hoot about leaderboards, if the lack of action against dummy farming wasn't clue enough. If you want to get rid of the PvE lb, then you also need to remove the pvp and flagging boards.

leoakre
This is my suggestion:

Thoughts?

Lol, no Candy...removing pve lb entirely would tell me all my honest pve runs since November 23, 2012 would mean nothing. Many of us who have callouses on our fingers deserve to see the culmination of our efforts and time and I like my banners! If the pve lb is simply erased it would be like all my work has been for nothing at all and is meaningless. Just because I have been playing longer than others does not mean my efforts should be penalized. The idea of a separate seasonal lb to distinguish all the stars of each season sounds perfect but let's keep the overall lb for those of us who have honestly worked hard for it.

I certainly don't mind having a magnifying glass taken to the current lb since I appreciate the TOS of the game and would like to see those who feel the need to cheat at a game punished.

After all, why bother to play a game at all if one must cheat to win!

P.S. why do moderators delete the posts that criticize them instead of properly addressing our issues and concerns? (Js)

Nheedles
02-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Lol, no Candy...removing pve lb entirely would tell me all my honest pve runs since November 23, 2012 would mean nothing. Many of us who have callouses on our fingers deserve to see the culmination of our efforts and time and I like my banners! If the pve lb is simply erased it would be like all my work has been for nothing at all and is meaningless. Just because I have been playing longer than others does not mean my efforts should be penalized. The idea of a separate seasonal lb to distinguish all the stars of each season sounds perfect but let's keep the overall lb for those of us who have honestly worked hard for it.

I certainly don't mind having a magnifying glass taken to the current lb since I appreciate the TOS of the game and would like to see those who feel the need to cheat at a game punished.

It would be fun if every season all PvE goes 0 and start a no life fest.

Candylicks
02-18-2015, 10:32 AM

How about this:

'Retire' the currrent PvE kills LB. This would be the last season the numbers are added to it. Your name would be immortalized but the following seasons would reflect the revamped LB. I understand that you have worked hard to be on it, but it's growing increasingly tough for newer players. A player who started a year ago has zip chance of getting on it anymore, not to mention the exploits (not you, Leo we all know you are golden!!!). They could even create a magnificent final banner to the people who are immortalized on the PvE kills LB.

Then go ahead and push the new LB for PvE, and that SHOULD be something that is cleared every season like the timed runs. Again, my suggestion is to have the PvE LB be based on elite kills per map in addition to the timed runs.

If the PvE lb is not based on elite kills, it is just too exploitable. However, turning off kills in tombs is not the answer. Implementing in-game moderation and rule enforcement is.

They already make it so you can only get kills in the latest map zones. People need to be able to run something other than tinderin or nordr. if you take kills out of tombs, then everyone would just be farming jarl because they get no kills anywhere else crates drop. so might as well do the easiest thing possible. That will just lead to more issues, and make leveling ridiculously time-consuming also.

the pvp boards are full of dummy farmers and those who pay others to die for them. Yet the only legitimate leaderboards, the timed ones, had a pile of their maps turned off at Halloween and STS doesn't seem to understand that they need to be put back up.

If you read Remi's weekly thing from last week it says something like "we hear your concern and want you to talk more about pros and cons." Well when you refuse to enforce game rules and then take away a large part of something that is for legit playwrs only, it sends a very bad message to the player base.

This just shows they don't give a hoot about leaderboards, if the lack of action against dummy farming wasn't clue enough. If you want to get rid of the PvE lb, then you also need to remove the pvp and flagging boards.

I think they do care about the leaderboards, but it's really hard to create something that is fair for everyone. There will always be someone or group of people against it. I still love the idea you have about the Elite PvE kills for the new LB, but I wonder if it's even possible for them to track that? I mean, would the code be really hard to differentiate between a regular or elite mob?

obee
02-18-2015, 10:33 AM
Instead of removing the PvE kills leaderboard, and the PVP captures and kills, why don't we just start with banning the hackers. They should be pretty easy to point out, and even if they restart a character, they probably won't make it back. Then, for people botting for captures, just remove to captures leaderboard, and replace it with a capture the flag team win loss ratio. More people will actually play CTF the way it's supposed to be played, and there will be less hackers since the flaggers will die. Last, I've seen this many times, but a macro detector needs to be installed. In FIFA 15 ultimate team, EA has detectors that notify if people are illegally buying coins, or using bots to mess up the market. In Minecraft, lots of servers have mods or hack dectectors to prevent people from hacking on servers. I could name many games that have macro detectors, I think STS can implement it to. Also, I agree with candy on the elite kills thing.

Candylicks
02-18-2015, 10:35 AM
Instead of removing the PvE kills leaderboard, and the PVP captures and kills, why don't we just start with banning the hackers. They should be pretty easy to point out, and even if they restart a character, they probably won't make it back. Then, for people botting for captures, just remove to captures leaderboard, and replace it with a capture the flag team win loss ratio. More people will actually play CTF the way it's supposed to be played, and there will be less hackers since the flaggers will die. Last, I've seen this many times, but a macro detector needs to be installed. In FIFA 15 ultimate team, EA has detectors that notify if people are illegally buying coins, or using bots to mess up the market. In Minecraft, lots of servers have mods or hack dectectors to prevent people from hacking on servers. I could name many games that have macro detectors, I think STS can implement it to. Also, I agree with candy on the elite kills thing.

The problem is the PvE kill leaderboard has names of people who exploited and retired. There is no current way to determine who up there is/isn't authentic.

obee
02-18-2015, 10:38 AM
For PVP dummy farmers, I think STS needs to make the PVP leaderboard more "teamish". For TDM, maybe add the fastest troll kill, or something like that. CTF is kinda self-explanatory considering rules of the game.

leoakre
02-18-2015, 10:40 AM
It would be fun if every season all PvE goes 0 and start a no life fest.

Do you have a point or do you just need to be rude for attention?

Keep it constructive please and refrain from trolling for attention seeking.

Thanks

Nheedles
02-18-2015, 10:42 AM
Do you have a point or do you just need to be rude for attention?

Keep it constructive please and refrain from trolling for attention seeking.

Thanks

I'm just stating the truth hunty. And whats wrong with that.

obee
02-18-2015, 10:43 AM
How about, clear everyone off of the leaderboard that hasn't logged in for at least 6 months. Then, start eliminating the active botters. And guys keep it constructive please, we don't want this gone.

Candylicks
02-18-2015, 10:44 AM
For PVP dummy farmers, I think STS needs to make the PVP leaderboard more "teamish". For TDM, maybe add the fastest troll kill, or something like that. CTF is kinda self-explanatory considering rules of the game.

It's mind boggling to me the PvP stuff!!!!!! Now when I go in there and I get owned I'm like, dude must be using a macro. LOL!!!

Maybe we need to make a fresh thread in the suggestions section for the LB Revamp and get the ideas all on the table?

Another thing is, the cheating happens on Chrome only so it's pretty easy to zero in on the chrome users.

raw
Interesting points. True, thanks for coming back out of retirement to post on here. I think it takes a lot of courage to own up to doing what you did, and nobody is judging you (at least I'm not). I used to hold a grudge against you for what you did, but now that I can see things from a bigger perspective, I realize that these weren't your fault. They were the fault of a game whose creators lacked true insight into the bugs and glitches of their own game, and - as you've stated - still lack this insight.

I agree with both Sera and Candy that there needs to be some sort of PvE kill boost for elite maps simply because I shouldn't be rewarded the same amount of PvE kills for killing a mob in kt4 (which takes me one aimed shot), versus a mob in elite shuyal (which would generally take me like 5+ full combos).

A large problem with PvE "kills" is terminology. If we want to go the route of changing the kill system, then we can't reward multiple kills for a single mob, even if that is an elite level mob. Rather, the terminology would have to be something like PvE Points/Score etc. This way a player can keep track of their current score and subsequently their rank among all players (re: Energerizic's post).

I'd suggest the following point system:
KT/WT - 1 point/kill
Brackenridge (elite) maps - .25 points/kill
Ydra (elite )maps - .5 points/kill
Dead City (elite) maps - .75 points/kill
Kraken (elite) maps - 1 point/kill
^^ these are nice to haves and not truly necessary

Nordr (elite) maps - 3 points/kill
Shuyal (elite) maps - 4 points/kill
Tindirin (elite) maps - 5 points/kill
Planar Tombs maps - 5 points/kill

Accordingly, the XP gained from each one of these mobs should scale according to the points.

Sera, I agree that by getting rid of the PvE kills from tombs would make capping extremely strenuous... but lets think about this. In what other MMORPG, or just say any video game can you reach the maximum level in a few hours? I think the whole point of running maps should be to level up. As you do so you get to use better and better gear. I would be all for removing the xp from tomb maps, and forcing players to actually run real maps to gain xp. If it took me a week to cap (in an expansion that'll probably last 6 months), that's really just a drop in the bucket. Tombs make leveling TOO easy.

Leo, while I hear what you're saying about keeping the overall LB for PvE kills etc, wouldn't that just keep the same players who have already abused glitches, macro-ed on top? There is really no way of catching them (assuming they will stop) even though it's blatantly obvious, so why continue to reward them? I think that it'll be best to renew the PvE kills at the start of the season, and those players - like yourself - who are truly dedicated will reign supreme.

Nheedles
How about, clear everyone off of the leaderboard that hasn't logged in for at least 6 months. Then, start eliminating the active botters. And guys keep it constructive please, we don't want this gone.

nope, 6 months is too soon.

cami
02-18-2015, 10:45 AM
Interesting points. True, thanks for coming back out of retirement to post on here. I think it takes a lot of courage to own up to doing what you did, and nobody is judging you (at least I'm not). I used to hold a grudge against you for what you did, but now that I can see things from a bigger perspective, I realize that these weren't your fault. They were the fault of a game whose creators lacked true insight into the bugs and glitches of their own game, and - as you've stated - still lack this insight.

I agree with both Sera and Candy that there needs to be some sort of PvE kill boost for elite maps simply because I shouldn't be rewarded the same amount of PvE kills for killing a mob in kt4 (which takes me one aimed shot), versus a mob in elite shuyal (which would generally take me like 5+ full combos).

A large problem with PvE "kills" is terminology. If we want to go the route of changing the kill system, then we can't reward multiple kills for a single mob, even if that is an elite level mob. Rather, the terminology would have to be something like PvE Points/Score etc. This way a player can keep track of their current score and subsequently their rank among all players (re: Energerizic's post).

KT/WT - 1 point/kill

Accordingly, the XP gained from each one of these mobs should scale according to the points.

Sera, I agree that by getting rid of the PvE kills from tombs would make capping extremely strenuous... but lets think about this. In what other MMORPG, or just say any video game can you reach the maximum level in a few hours? I think the whole point of running maps should be to level up. As you do so you get to use better and better gear. I would be all for removing the xp from tomb maps, and forcing players to actually run real maps to gain xp. If it took me a week to cap (in an expansion that'll probably last 6 months), that's really just a drop in the bucket. Tombs make leveling TOO easy.

Leo, while I hear what you're saying about keeping the overall LB for PvE kills etc, wouldn't that just keep the same players who have already abused glitches, macro-ed on top? There is really no way of catching them (assuming they will stop) even though it's blatantly obvious, so why continue to reward them? I think that it'll be best to renew the PvE kills at the start of the season, and those players - like yourself - who are truly dedicated will reign supreme.

The god of writing much lol

Candylicks
02-18-2015, 10:47 AM
Yes Raw, this is the only game where you can fly out a capped toon so quick with zero skill or actual play time in the game. It actually hurts the PvE community as a whole because when someone tries a different class and only levels in Kraag/Watcher their skill level is low. I really think it's about time they ended the PvE kills in these zones, would solve a lot of problems going on here.

leoakre
02-18-2015, 10:52 AM
I'm just stating the truth hunty. And whats wrong with that.

Sighs...please let us keep this constructive and not personal. We are trying to accomplish something here that has been swept under the carpet for far too long.

PvP threads are nice to troll...go go!

P.s. please don't refer to me as 'hunty'

Candylicks
02-18-2015, 10:56 AM
I really love what you have posted Raw, implementing a point based system on kills depending on the difficulty of the map. I would LOVE if we could have cara/null_void come and read some of these suggestions to let us know if they are even possible to code into the game or if this is/isn't even on their radar for game improvements.

obee
02-18-2015, 11:01 AM

KT/WT - 1 point/kill

I love this. I played order and chaos, and leveling took quite a while. STS just needs more content, more maps, I think they just need more. And if you look at most MMOS, people aren't bored since there is so much content to be explored.

leoakre
02-18-2015, 11:01 AM

KT/WT - 1 point/kill

Thank you for your valid and very wonderful points, Raw. Awesome suggestions but if my pves from 2 and a half years of hard work were removed I would just quit because, sorry, but pves do mean a lot to me. Having seasonal pve lbs just makes more sense so all players, new and old, can shoot for something realistic while not making many honest pvers feel like the last 6 seasons didn't happen. That would be cruel and unusual punishment for innocent players who spent the time to accumulate their impressive pves.

Yes, I agree new players should have a chance at banners and recognition but we should not penalize the old players in the process also. I am positive a happy medium can be found.

Titanfall
02-18-2015, 11:08 AM

KT/WT - 1 point/kill

I like this idea Raw and I see your point, but them other MMORPGs such as OaC have much much more content. Games like them you dont need to try to level up, because as long as you are completing the quests and exploring you level up without even realising. AL just doesnt have enough content for a levelling system like that. We need a place to grind xp. Running the same map over and over looting the same junk would make new players lose interest. Where as games like OaC, exploring, questing (having fun) levels you up without you realising and never once in the game until I reach high high levels did I feel like I had to go somewhere to grind XP.

obee
02-18-2015, 11:13 AM
I like this idea Raw and I see your point, but them other MMORPGs such as OaC have much much more content. Games like them you dont need to try to level up, because as long as you are completing the quests and exploring you level up without even realising. AL just doesnt have enough content for a levelling system like that. We need a place to grind xp. Running the same map over and over looting the same junk would make new players lose interest. Where as games like OaC, exploring, questing (having fun) levels you up without you realising and never once in the game until I reach high high levels did I feel like I had to go somewhere to grind XP.
That's the problem with AL. There is pretty much barely any content. If I want to level up, my choices are so limited, and I have to focus on leveling up, not doing an epic quest while leveling up. I mean, AL has never had that "epicness" to an MMO. Like, a lot of these games have an "epic" boss battle. I don't really get that feeling here in AL. The mythic armor quest was smashing barrels...not epic. I just wish AL was more fun. Skill trees in MMO's are supposed to be like huge! AL has a limited variety of skills! It's just not enough here. In the 41 expansion, most people leveled up in the tombs instead of doing quests. Why? Because there were barely any quests, and the quests weren't key to any character progression or a game progression. In OAC, if you don't complete any quests, you don't go anywhere.

Candylicks
02-18-2015, 12:14 PM
The point of wiping or not wiping the current PvE LB is really a small issue. The bigger picture is creating a new seasonal PvE LB that everyone has a shot at. Again, if the devs can converse with us on this to see what is and isn't possible for them to implement it would give us a baseline to springboard off of with our ideas.

And again, by nixing the PvE kills gained in Kraag/Watcher's tombs would solve a lot of the problems moving forward.

Titanfall
02-18-2015, 12:38 PM
That's the problem with AL. There is pretty much barely any content. If I want to level up, my choices are so limited, and I have to focus on leveling up, not doing an epic quest while leveling up. I mean, AL has never had that "epicness" to an MMO. Like, a lot of these games have an "epic" boss battle. I don't really get that feeling here in AL. The mythic armor quest was smashing barrels...not epic. I just wish AL was more fun. Skill trees in MMO's are supposed to be like huge! AL has a limited variety of skills! It's just not enough here. In the 41 expansion, most people leveled up in the tombs instead of doing quests. Why? Because there were barely any quests, and the quests weren't key to any character progression or a game progression. In OAC, if you don't complete any quests, you don't go anywhere.
Exactly my point

Imsofancy
02-18-2015, 01:07 PM
This made me laugh out loud!!

You would love atomic robo then brah :p 124561

GoodSyntax
02-18-2015, 01:11 PM
My feelings on all of this as a never-made-it-to-LB player:

I understand the frustration of everyone here that is legitimately chasing leaderboard status, but the reality is, at the end of the day, I am not friends with these botters, exploiters, cheats, etc. I have run with enough "Top Players" to realize that the banner is meaningless because I am far more effective and knowledgeable than some of them. In fact, I am confident that I would still be the better player in elite, even if I ran with lv36 gear and they had their maxed out rings, pendants, weapons, etc.

As I have said in the past about both the PvP AND PvE leaderboards, you know the pro's when you see them.

Shortly after the mass-banning from the platfarming debacle, I realized that I could be a "Top Player" if I left my guild and bought a charter, then got about 200 more CTF flags, but in the end, it just didn't mean anything to me. Certainly not enough that I felt compelled to engage in my least enjoyable activity in the game (flagging).

Yes, wearing the banners are cool if you have them, but nothing enrages me more than a Timed Runner or Top Player banner nubbing it up in an elite map where I spend half the run asking "WTF are you doing?"

I don't need to look to the LB to figure out who the best players are. We all know many of the top 100 players without ever referring to the LB. The vanity behind some of these LB'ers is mind boggling....the hacks they try to find, the cheating they are willing to do, the endless grinding in solo, non-challenging maps, the never ending kill/flag farming. Is it really so important as to take all the fun out of the game?

I don't know....perhaps it's because I never got there, but then again, I don't have any trouble finding elite parties and I still enjoy the game tremendously, so, for me, that's what it is all about....not a silly banner which doesn't represent the entirety of my experience in this game.

Soundlesskill
02-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Well said GoodSyn.

Ladysophie
02-18-2015, 03:08 PM
And again, by nixing the PvE kills gained in Kraag/Watcher's tombs would solve a lot of the problems moving forward.
IMHO making things difficult for everyone cause of few is counterproductive. :)

obee
02-18-2015, 03:41 PM
I still think STS should focus in adding content to the point where people are more concerned about doing quests, then doing the same map over and over again to level up.

Candylicks
02-18-2015, 04:09 PM
IMHO making things difficult for everyone cause of few is counterproductive. :)

We should not be using the kraag/WT to level anymore, we should go the long and intended route and level our toons by playing the game! Yes it would make capping longer, but it's time we moved on from these zones. We are so strong now at level 41, and soon to be level 46 they are dated areas that simply serve to farm kills now. Not to mention that is the same area where the kill farming exploits are happening.

Serancha
02-18-2015, 04:33 PM
If you take away every part of the game that people exploit, there will soon be no game left. Taking out people's ability to gain kills in tombs is not the answer. Boulder needed to be done, yes, but not the only remaining pve kill maps with any mob density at all.

All shutting down certain maps does is lock the leaderboards even tighter and make it next to impossible for anyone who is not from "the old days" to have a shot. There would also need to be another option introduced to get kills if you want to take out tombs, and anything other than elite kills would have the same problem we have now.

The answer is in-game moderation and monitoring by STS staff. The ToS should not be dependent on the /report feature and player-initiated witch hunts, like it seems to be now. The way to stop cheating is not by taking away the ability to progress or making things difficult and overly time-consuming for legitimate players. If you take kills from the tombs, the problem will just move to tinderin. Did everyone forget about the big outcry regarding teeth farmers a year ago?

And yes, seasonal leaderboards really do need to be implemented. The devs said at the end of last season that they would be looking into implementing that next season change. Hopefully that was true and not just forgotten about.

siddhant
02-18-2015, 05:02 PM
We should not be using the kraag/WT to level anymore, we should go the long and intended route and level our toons by playing the game! Yes it would make capping longer, but it's time we moved on from these zones. We are so strong now at level 41, and soon to be level 46 they are dated areas that simply serve to farm kills now. Not to mention that is the same area where the kill farming exploits are happening.
Kill farming is even happening at the story token thingy even remove that?there are dummy farmers in pvp remove pvp?"we are so strong"there are still mages who run with normal legendary gear(including me)so i wont personally like running elites cauz i just farm deaths there and the best place for "me" to gain exp is wt4 so removing kills from there is actually not a very good idea just my opinion ty.

Kingofninjas
02-18-2015, 05:38 PM
Personally, I would like to see seasonal leaderboards implemented. Let's face it, a player who joins the game tomorrow has no chance of making it on the PvE kills, Flags or even PvP kills leaderboard. What I want is a leaderboard that resets every season so that everyone has a fair shot at getting onto the leaderboard. I know that many veterans who are already on lb won't like this very much, so this could be added to the current cumulative lb.

Raw's suggestion about the pve kills points system was spot on. As a player who has gotten majority of my kills from elites, I would certainly like to see it reflect on my pathetic kdr. It would also encourage more people to run elites rather than farm wt4/kt4. There are a bunch of players I know who are farming those tombs for easy pve kills for hours everyday simply to get that banner. Perhaps if sts made the tombs more rewarding from a pve kills perspective, they could farm kills and make some money at the same time.

obee
02-18-2015, 05:54 PM
I still think there should be more content in this game. Then, we won't have to worry about removing maps and stuff.

Visiting
02-18-2015, 06:52 PM
While this is slightly off-topic, I'd like to suggest that Elite Zones have a tremendous amount of xp gain compared to their normal counterparts. This will - Encourage people to run elites instead of KT4/WT4, people will learn how to efficiently run elites even before they hit the level cap, will give some variety as to where people level, and it'll be good for PVE guilds, seeing as older/more experienced members can run elites with new people and teach them the ropes (if you're into that kind of thing :))

regizakirs.rs
02-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Why not limit the number of kills that people can get on a certain map such as wt4/kragg per day and implement Raw's idea of a point system for each monster and what Rachior stated make the XP gain greater in elite zones. And seasonal leaderboards sounds great.

Visiting
02-18-2015, 07:09 PM
Why not limit the number of kills that people can get on a certain map such as wt4/kragg per day and implement Raw's idea of a point system for each monster and what Rachior stated make the XP gain greater in elite zones. And seasonal leaderboards sounds great.

Ralchior* ;)
Tons of great ideas flowing around on this thread, just hope at the least, one of the good ones gets implemented!

regizakirs.rs
02-18-2015, 07:11 PM
Ralchior* ;)
Tons of great ideas flowing around on this thread, just hope at the least, one of the good ones gets implemented!
All we can do is pray for the best and hope for the worst.

obee
02-18-2015, 07:23 PM
Also, I think adding more maps and quests will distract people from KT4 and WT4, since they will be busy questing. I think STS a really needs to make the expansion quests much longer and more time consuming. People shouldn't be done with all the maps in hours, let alone weeks.

Gorecaster
02-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Elite maps are intended to be farmed for loot not kills. When I enter an elite map I'm bypassing as many mobs as possible to get to the reason I'm there...The boss and the loot. These adjustments to elite mobs and talk of doing away with wt/kt by no means will even begin to control "botting" or foul play. There's plenty of other things on the table still yet to be addressed.

Kingofninjas
02-18-2015, 08:06 PM
While this is slightly off-topic, I'd like to suggest that Elite Zones have a tremendous amount of xp gain compared to their normal counterparts. This will - Encourage people to run elites instead of KT4/WT4, people will learn how to efficiently run elites even before they hit the level cap, will give some variety as to where people level, and it'll be good for PVE guilds, seeing as older/more experienced members can run elites with new people and teach them the ropes (if you're into that kind of thing :))

Honestly, I would rather this not happen as elite zones are currently only accessible to lvl 41 and 41 players. If they provide a huge xp bonus, this will encourage level 40 plaers to level up in elites, where they are often simply not wanted.

Blizzard
02-18-2015, 08:22 PM
This is a great Thread. Thanks Raw , I never thought this post would ever be made :) I finally am relieved! And thanks to all that agree that botting is ruining other's fun.

UndeadJudge
02-18-2015, 08:47 PM
I'm actually very surprised that AL doesn't have any sort of system to detect botting...it's probably one of the most simple things to spot. You would think it would be obvious when someone is using exactly the same skills, moving exactly the same direction, and exactly the same run time. Wouldn't it even be easy to detect botting by adding an internal timer into the PvE maps? If someone gets the exact same time several times in a row, then they get reviewed. Simple.

Almost all games I play have a system to detect AFK'ers (I play MOBA games). It's a similar concept, and even games that are way less developed than AL have it.

I'm honestly annoyed how different developers come on the forum and ask for feedback threads, and nothing gets done about them. The class balance feedback thread? The new skill system feedback? Every time, a moderator says that "it is being worked on", and yet we have absolutely no updates on what is actually happening. Plus MANY MANY bugs that are listed haven't been fixed (*COUGH flawed debuff system makes 95% of the pets and passives I want to use useless).

The leaderboard system in this game is incredibly biased, as we all know. It discourages new players from ever being able to participate, especially those who spend no money on the game.

leoakre
02-18-2015, 09:59 PM

O.o '...teaching ... The ropes...'

I could get into that!!
:playful::fox:

(I feel an infraction coming on...sorry Arpy)

obee
02-18-2015, 10:07 PM
O.o '...teaching ... The ropes...'

I could get into that!!
:playful::fox:

(I feel an infraction coming on...sorry Arpy)
o.o me likey

gumball3000
02-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Dude, the tombs scale to level. I have no idea what you are talking about. The teason other maps take longer to level is caue the mobs are more scattered and also i think they have a higher difficulty. I think its better to levelup in a map where mobs are scaled for your level than in a map where mobs are higher level than you like doing tindirin at level 36 and where mobs are more scattered.

Its not players fault everyone levels in wt4, its just better to level there.

Regarding all this pve kills thing, its not players fault sts allows this kind of thing to go on. All we can do is demand a change, if a change is not delivered then all we can do is move on or find another game.

People are frustrated, i see that every day in game, sts must act on these issues if they don't want these issues to hurt their pockets more.

obee
02-19-2015, 09:52 AM
Dude, the tombs scale to level. I have no idea what you are talking about. The teason other maps take longer to level is caue the mobs are more scattered and also i think they have a higher difficulty. I think its better to levelup in a map where mobs are scaled for your level than in a map where mobs are higher level than you like doing tindirin at level 36 and where mobs are more scattered.

Its not players fault everyone levels in wt4, its just better to level there.

Regarding all this pve kills thing, its not players fault sts allows this kind of thing to go on. All we can do is demand a change, if a change is not delivered then all we can do is move on or find another game.

People are frustrated, i see that every day in game, sts must act on these issues if they don't want these issues to hurt their pockets more.
People should be more concerned doing quests, not going to WT4 or KT4 each time. This is why STS needs to release more maps, and they need to base the game more on quests.

Rx8
02-19-2015, 09:56 AM
People should be more concerned doing quests, not going to WT4 each time. This is why STS needs to release more maps, and they need to base the game more on quests.

Phew i am so proud i lvled up @KT4... dont shut them off....my rogue still needs to lv up xD

Tatman
02-19-2015, 10:10 AM
People should be more concerned doing quests, not going to WT4 or KT4 each time. This is why STS needs to release more maps, and they need to base the game more on quests.
That ship has sailed. Game is what it is. And it definitely isn't one of those games with huge worlds and immersive storylines. That's why people want to level up fast. You can't take wt/kt kills away. That's an absolute no-no.

obee
02-19-2015, 10:41 AM
That ship has sailed. Game is what it is. And it definitely isn't one of those games with huge worlds and immersive storylines. That's why people want to level up fast. You can't take wt/kt kills away. That's an absolute no-no.
The kills shouldn't be taken away, but I think STS can still change the game where quests matter more.

raw
02-19-2015, 11:20 AM
I want to thank you all for your great ideas and posts. This thread has exceeded my expectations by far with the amount of useful and constructive posts, and has shown me that the STG community is one of the most resilient gaming communities out there. We are a dedicated group of players who are speaking up because we clearly care about the direction of this game that we play. Given that, I am rather confused as to why after over 100 posts, 4k views, the only support interaction involved the deletion of a few key posts (which is ironic because part of this post was about the excessive censorship on forums), and the statement that this PvE boosting issue (which is like 1/5th what the thread is about) has been "forwarded to developers" whatever that means. I'm going to give you my opinion on STG, and the game as a whole so bear with me as I zoom out a little...

In the professional world, since we are STG's clients, they should be taking our wants and needs (since they do not have this insight into what we actually desire), and analyzing them to determine which of these would require the least effort and provide the most value to the community and ultimately increase their plat sales. I realize that STG is a small business and I admire them for doing all that they've done, and growing into quite a successful company through their impressive mobile games. However, as companies grow, they must evolve. The companies that succeed in the mobile application sector do so because their single app goes viral. Quality over quantity is the key to becoming profitable. Look at Clash of Clans, Candy Crush, Angry Birds. Etc. I honestly think that STG has a gold mine here, and that their lack of focus on this game has lead to what is today.

Runescape was a rudimentary game when it first came out. The graphics were SO bad. It was 2D, and the ground was made up of squares... it literally looked like MineCraft. But, as they saw it become profitable, it grew and grew and (I haven't been on in years) became one of the most profitable internet games of the 2000s. Arcane Legends literally has the potential to do just this, and it's really sad to see that they are instead focusing on creating other games (which has yet to be confirmed, but based on their history it is probably the case). What STG doesn't realize is that by fixing these fundamental issues they will improve the game on a grander scale which will set them up for growth in the future. Rather they are just adding layers onto an already tipping game which will ultimately end in a large portion of the player base quitting. Maybe that is their goal to have everyone migrate to a new game. I can go on and on as you can probably tell, but my opinions come down to this. I love this game, and I've had A LOT of fun in PvP, and recently in PvE and would love to continue playing if there is more content. However, the fact that we as a community have to ask, beg, and plead for fundamental issues of the game to be fixed is laughable. If we don't speak up, nothing is fixed. I can cite dozens of examples of things that were ruining the game, that took months to get fixed but I wont because that will cause another thread.

As far as this specific thread goes, I really hope that these things actually get taken seriously. So many amazingly simple but impactful suggestions have been announced. They should be thanking us for helping them with a game that we do not profit from. We are volunteering our time to speak up and help them make more money off of us, yet there is no acknowledgement of that. Maybe our expectations are too high... who knows.

I apologize for the long and disorganized post but this will be my last one of this thread until a moderator addresses something.

Thanks and remember to keep this constructive (although my post wasn't =P)

ueveotadeo
02-19-2015, 11:31 AM
I want to thank you all for your great ideas and posts. This thread has exceeded my expectations by far with the amount of useful and constructive posts, and has shown me that the STG community is one of the most resilient gaming communities out there. We are a dedicated group of players who are speaking up because we clearly care about the direction of this game that we play. Given that, I am rather confused as to why after over 100 posts, 4k views, the only support interaction involved the deletion of a few key posts (which is ironic because part of this post was about the excessive censorship on forums), and the statement that this PvE boosting issue (which is like 1/5th what the thread is about) has been "forwarded to developers" whatever that means. I'm going to give you my opinion on STG, and the game as a whole so bear with me as I zoom out a little...

In the professional world, since we are STG's clients, they should be taking our wants and needs (since they do not have this insight into what we actually desire), and analyzing them to determine which of these would require the least effort and provide the most value to the community and ultimately increase their plat sales. I realize that STG is a small business and I admire them for doing all that they've done, and growing into quite a successful company through their impressive mobile games. However, as companies grow, they must evolve. The companies that succeed in the mobile application sector do so because their single app goes viral. Quality over quantity is the key to becoming profitable. Look at Clash of Clans, Candy Crush, Angry Birds. Etc. I honestly think that STG has a gold mine here, and that their lack of focus on this game has lead to what is today.

Runescape was a rudimentary game when it first came out. The graphics were SO bad. It was 2D, and the ground was made up of squares... it literally looked like MineCraft. But, as they saw it become profitable, it grew and grew and (I haven't been on in years) became one of the most profitable internet games of the 2000s. Arcane Legends literally has the potential to do just this, and it's really sad to see that they are instead focusing on creating other games (which has yet to be confirmed, but based on their history it is probably the case). What STG doesn't realize is that by fixing these fundamental issues they will improve the game on a grander scale which will set them up for growth in the future. Rather they are just adding layers onto an already tipping game which will ultimately end in a large portion of the player base quitting. I can go on and on as you can probably tell, but my opinions come down to this. I love this game, and I've had A LOT of fun in PvP, and recently in PvE and would love to continue playing if there is more great content. However, the fact that we as a community have to ask, beg, and plead for fundamental issues of the game to be fixed is laughable. As far as this thread goes, I really hope that these things actually get taken seriously. Rather, all we can see - from Remiem's weekly post - is that STG is focused on fixing little glitches like boss red zones, and releasing a Valentine's even a week after Valentine's day. TBH how difficult is it to revamp the skill system? Simply add a 5th upgrade to skills. For warriors add debuffs to make them useful in PvE. For mages add upgrades that add armor and health so they're not so squishy in PvP. For rogues add dodge buffs to the team idk. It's really not that hard.

I apologize for the long and disorganized post but this will be my last one of this thread until a moderator addresses something.

Actualy is not disorganized at all and you mentioned a key aspect on making your business grow: customer loyalty.

Lets be real here, with way things are in AL right now, how Devs/Mods wont give an objective answer on things like class balance, skill system revamp, LB changes, would you play (and pay) another of their games?
I know I wouldnt.

I already stated in some other post that all this "this year we want to be close to the community" is bs. I dont realy care that the event is delayed, but I care WHY its delayed. What fixes takes so long to be implemented? Be more transparent on your communications. Remiem does a huge weekly post that says nothing, is always "Its a big change and we gonna take our time in it".

zzzz...I'm sorry to make a non constructive post, but as a customer (paying one on my case) it's sad to see the lack of effort put on this game.

obee
02-19-2015, 12:48 PM

Runescape was a rudimentary game when it first came out. The graphics were SO bad. It was 2D, and the ground was made up of squares... it literally looked like MineCraft. But, as they saw it become profitable, it grew and grew and (I haven't been on in years) became one of the most profitable internet games of the 2000s. Arcane Legends literally has the potential to do just this, and it's really sad to see that they are instead focusing on creating other games (which has yet to be confirmed, but based on their history it is probably the case). What STG doesn't realize is that by fixing these fundamental issues they will improve the game on a grander scale which will set them up for growth in the future. Rather they are just adding layers onto an already tipping game which will ultimately end in a large portion of the player base quitting. Maybe that is their goal to have everyone migrate to a new game. I can go on and on as you can probably tell, but my opinions come down to this. I love this game, and I've had A LOT of fun in PvP, and recently in PvE and would love to continue playing if there is more content. However, the fact that we as a community have to ask, beg, and plead for fundamental issues of the game to be fixed is laughable. If we don't speak up, nothing is fixed. I can cite dozens of examples of things that were ruining the game, that took months to get fixed but I wont because that will cause another thread.

As far as this specific thread goes, I really hope that these things actually get taken seriously. So many amazingly simple but impactful suggestions have been announced. They should be thanking us for helping them with a game that we do not profit from. We are volunteering our time to speak up and help them make more money off of us, yet there is no acknowledgement of that. Maybe our expectations are too high... who knows.

Thanks and remember to keep this constructive (although my post wasn't =P)
Well said.

Gorecaster
02-19-2015, 01:30 PM
As far as keeping everything constructive,I personally know this gets harder and harder as time passes with nothing but more misinformation being processed and it just gets harder and harder to simply enjoy yourself. It's quite difficult to make money now and the game has shifted focus from farming to derping events for pets and vanities. Ffs the Tour Of Arlor was implemented as "something for the community to do" in between events and expansion... even this now has ppl crying because they chose not to participate until they found there a vanity. I used to buy and spend plat, used to make far more money than I would spend. Now it's the polar opposite. I was so proud of myself for making it through that ridiculously long plat sale without popping...
Constructive comments only get you so far and these forums have proven to be a place where common sense goes to die.

Remiem
02-19-2015, 05:20 PM
First, I want to thank you, raw, for creating this post. And to everyone who responded for being civil and constructive in this thread. It's almost 130 replies deep and full of really valuable information and suggestions. I understand that the primary frustration here is that it sometimes takes quite a while for us to change or fix large scale issues in Arcane Legends. This is completely understandable. From a player perspective, "What are you guys twiddling your thumbs on over there?" Right?

Thanks to your feedback, we understood that there were some holes in how we were communicating with our community and determining the core issues that you all care about most. This is where myself and Productor have put our heads together to 1) Communicate more clearly about where our time and attention is going here in the studio and 2) Better identifying key community concerns and doing our best to help resolve them.

Admittedly, in the past, new content, events, etc. often took precedence over game fixes. This year, we’ve changed our focus to better balance our attention to bug fixes and new content! Now, part of our team is focused on bug fixes and resolving existing issues and the other part is focused on new content and updates, both of which are required to keep a game alive. Now, the important thing to understand is that our team is still very small. I know we mention that a lot, but it is important in understanding our timelines. What this means is that sometimes big fixes can take a lot of time. Often it's not just an issue of "There's a problem. Fix it. Done." It required research: "What do we need to do that will solve this problem?" Code: "How do we develop what needs to go into the game to resolve this issue." Design: "How will this impact the game over all? How does it ripple out to effect other game aspects?" QA: "Does it work? Is there anything that doesn't work as intended?"

As the community manager I think, "This is a HUGE deal in the community! It should be fixed today!" When, in reality, the responsible way for us to handle it is to give it the time it needs to get done and get done right. That does mean that sometimes the weekly updates will only be able to say "We are working on it..." and not "It's done." That is not a brush off, it's the honest truth. Sometimes we will say we are working on it for months...because it takes months. Especially in tackling these things that effect the game at its very core, such as leaderboards, skill system, etc. The choices that we make everyday effect thousands and thousands of players. We cannot and should not take them lightly.

Another post mentioned us relying heavily on the forums to communicate with our players. The forums are where discussions happen freely and easily, and are the best way to get a broad pulse on community thoughts and opinions. I visit the game and play frequently in my spare time, but I can only collect so many opinions in a 25-player zone and only experience a small part of the player experience when playing on my alt. The things I experience in the game won't be the same as someone with a different class, a different focus (I like farming, but not merching, running for LB's and PvP), or a different guild. That's where the forums come in. Everyone can speak their mind and give varying perspectives all in one place. The forums aren’t simply convenient – they’re the best way to have these important and sometimes too-lengthy-for-in-game conversations!

I hope that you will all continue to keep the conversation going. I will always be working to communicate better both with you and with the team to get your most pressing issues resolved. As raw said, "the STG community is one of the most resilient gaming communities out there. We are a dedicated group of players who are speaking up because we clearly care about the direction of this game that we play. It's true and it's why I want to do my very best to make that voice heard within the company. One of the great benefits of being a small company is that we have the opportunity to keep a very close relationship with our players, and we certainly plan on working to be better at that every single day.

octavos
02-19-2015, 06:07 PM
I love STS games, I really do. But I can't invest more money because on other games (not STG's) i'm able to gain more stuff in little time (in 2 months i've capped with little money on other games). It took over 2 1/2 years to muster up the will power to open a locked chest and for a chance at the best items..i'm sorry but no. I love to earn my items, and thats how I feel about these games. As for botting and other issues I can see why its done....you spend so much time on a game and it feels like you are going nowhere. I've spent more money on Mythic pets than I have on other aspects of AL...and now even those are outdated never to be upgraded to how AL is running today.

Lovely thread Raw, much blessings to you my friend :) hopefully sometime soon I can play again like I did long ago.

Candylicks
02-19-2015, 06:13 PM
Again, ask Cara what can/can't be done with the LB.

1. Is it possible to lay in a point-based system attached to each player based on the difficulty of the mobs they are killing?
2. Are seasonal leader boards going to happen?
3. Can you lay in any sort of botting-tracker so it's not up to the players to witch hunt each other?

Burstnuke
02-19-2015, 06:56 PM
First, I want to thank you, raw, for creating this post. And to everyone who responded for being civil and constructive in this thread. It's almost 130 replies deep and full of really valuable information and suggestions. I understand that the primary frustration here is that it sometimes takes quite a while for us to change or fix large scale issues in Arcane Legends. This is completely understandable. From a player perspective, "What are you guys twiddling your thumbs on over there?" Right?

Thanks to your feedback, we understood that there were some holes in how we were communicating with our community and determining the core issues that you all care about most. This is where myself and Productor have put our heads together to 1) Communicate more clearly about where our time and attention is going here in the studio and 2) Better identifying key community concerns and doing our best to help resolve them.

Admittedly, in the past, new content, events, etc. often took precedence over game fixes. This year, we’ve changed our focus to better balance our attention to bug fixes and new content! Now, part of our team is focused on bug fixes and resolving existing issues and the other part is focused on new content and updates, both of which are required to keep a game alive. Now, the important thing to understand is that our team is still very small. I know we mention that a lot, but it is important in understanding our timelines. What this means is that sometimes big fixes can take a lot of time. Often it's not just an issue of "There's a problem. Fix it. Done." It required research: "What do we need to do that will solve this problem?" Code: "How do we develop what needs to go into the game to resolve this issue." Design: "How will this impact the game over all? How does it ripple out to effect other game aspects?" QA: "Does it work? Is there anything that doesn't work as intended?"

As the community manager I think, "This is a HUGE deal in the community! It should be fixed today!" When, in reality, the responsible way for us to handle it is to give it the time it needs to get done and get done right. That does mean that sometimes the weekly updates will only be able to say "We are working on it..." and not "It's done." That is not a brush off, it's the honest truth. Sometimes we will say we are working on it for months...because it takes months. Especially in tackling these things that effect the game at its very core, such as leaderboards, skill system, etc. The choices that we make everyday effect thousands and thousands of players. We cannot and should not take them lightly.

Another post mentioned us relying heavily on the forums to communicate with our players. The forums are where discussions happen freely and easily, and are the best way to get a broad pulse on community thoughts and opinions. I visit the game and play frequently in my spare time, but I can only collect so many opinions in a 25-player zone and only experience a small part of the player experience when playing on my alt. The things I experience in the game won't be the same as someone with a different class, a different focus (I like farming, but not merching, running for LB's and PvP), or a different guild. That's where the forums come in. Everyone can speak their mind and give varying perspectives all in one place. The forums aren’t simply convenient – they’re the best way to have these important and sometimes too-lengthy-for-in-game conversations!

I hope that you will all continue to keep the conversation going. I will always be working to communicate better both with you and with the team to get your most pressing issues resolved. As raw said, "the STG community is one of the most resilient gaming communities out there. We are a dedicated group of players who are speaking up because we clearly care about the direction of this game that we play. It's true and it's why I want to do my very best to make that voice heard within the company. One of the great benefits of being a small company is that we have the opportunity to keep a very close relationship with our players, and we certainly plan on working to be better at that every single day.

Remiem, i have a question. Why isn't paying for platinum worth it? When i buy currency in a game i expect something good out of it....You would expect this because of all the locked crate threads saying i wasted 100 dollars for nothing. That's excatly how i feel, it should be worth to pay money for platinum in this game, not paying for a chance to waste my money on nothing in game. Why i say this? Locked crates are currently the only thing worth using plat for, if you buy 1000 platinum or 2000, you can get like 5m gold from ankhs. Compare 5m gold to the gear needed for endgame PVE and PVP. The platinum has to be worth paying for, i was watching this other companys stream. They said *we dont want to make you feel like you regretted spending your money on this game*. The luck is just too much in this game, the only way to compete at endgame with the best gear (over 100m) you need to open locked crates and when you do open them you have a chance at getting nothing. Please try and fix this, i want it be worth to buy platinum now a days, that explains the threads saying *oh i wasted 100 dollars and got nothing*.

Edit: Sorry for not being on topic, i just wanted to ask remiem something with information.

Gorecaster
02-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Remiem, i have a question. Why isn't paying for platinum worth it? When i buy currency in a game i expect something good out of it....You would expect this because of all the locked crate threads saying i wasted 100 dollars for nothing. That's excatly how i feel, it should be worth to pay money for platinum in this game, not paying for a chance to waste my money on nothing in game. Why i say this? Locked crates are currently the only thing worth using plat for, if you buy 1000 platinum or 2000, you can get like 5m gold from ankhs. Compare 5m gold to the gear needed for endgame PVE and PVP. The platinum has to be worth paying for, i was watching this other companys stream. They said *we dont want to make you feel like you regretted spending your money on this game*. The luck is just too much in this game, the only way to compete at endgame with the best gear (over 100m) you need to open locked crates and when you do open them you have a chance at getting nothing. Please try and fix this, i want it be worth to buy platinum now a days, that explains the threads saying *oh i wasted 100 dollars and got nothing*.

Edit: Sorry for not being on topic, i just wanted to ask remiem something with information.

This is a very good question. The gambling aspect is all too frustrating. I don't gamble IRL and I never should have tried here. I don't think I've spent much at all considering what I've heard some of my friends have invested but let's face it, using an IG currency that's only good for gambling is only widening the gap frustrating more players and furthering the decline of the economy.

Serancha
02-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Again, ask Cara what can/can't be done with the LB.

1. Is it possible to lay in a point-based system attached to each player based on the difficulty of the mobs they are killing?
3. Can you lay in any sort of botting-tracker so it's not up to the players to witch hunt each other?

We already get 0 kills for most maps. It would be nice to get rewarded for the efforts elites take. I still think the pve board should be for elite kills, or else an elite kill board should be added, and have that one be used for top player board calculations.

Seasonal leaderboards would be a massive improvement to the game and community both.

Any automated scanning process can be worked around by the tech-savvy. If STS wants to clean up the problems discussed in this thread, it is going to take actual staff monitoring gameplay and enforcing the ToS.

ueveotadeo
02-20-2015, 06:00 AM
Personaly, for me to be more optimistic with game changes/rebalances/fixes I would just need a small thing from you guys: COMMITMENT.

As a customer, it makes a huge diference reading: "This is in development process and will be fixed" or even something more towards "We've finished a roadmap on how to fix this issue, we will be starting to develop now".

I agree with Candy on the calendar thing, would show to the community how commited you guys are and for us would be good to have more transparent communication and goals.

Delays happen, as I already told, I have some experience on the subject, but lets face it, it's way easier to have the customer by your side if you set a date and have a clear reason on why you failed than if you dont set a date and all we get is "an unforseen problem".

So, I will ask again, as so many people already ask:

4. Can we expect a Skill Revamp or it will be like waiting for 30 of february?

Save the movement logs in a different DB (so that you wont bring server down, like happens with test server ;) ) and have some process making reports on how similar they are. Not so hard imho to detect macro boting.

obee
02-22-2015, 09:03 AM
Well...after what all I've read...this is interesting. Some things I didn't know...Anyway, I think we need to start over. Clear the kills LB. This is getting annoying, and this is getting nowhere. You want to be a on LB again, just get more kills. This LB is destroying us all, making us do bad things. There isn't even a prize, just a dumb banner, so I think we need to stop crying over it. Let's just have a macro detector and restart the kills LB. Problem solved.

Annazane
02-22-2015, 09:44 AM
I was told Auto-Touch can be used for this kind of cheat. it's like a script and the number of kills multiplies when u offline. my kills r legit tho. dont wanna get banned coz this is the only game im concentrating in. :-)

Lol Sera...go check Numbeddebmun's pves for the last 2 weeks :)

Maybe he is just an arcane ring rogue who knows a bigger boosting secret than anyone else before him...who knows? But he hit 1 million kills and now has past Casperox going on to 1.5 million kills since I began speaking with moderators. Maybe if the new moderators actually spent some time online in the game amongst the endgame community instead of popping in for a 10 minute cameo appearance once in a blue moon they might gain a better understanding of what the legitimate players consider acceptable and appropriate behavior. What I do know is Delphina would've yanked his butt off the leader boards by now just like she did with that player who cheated to be at the top of the flag board a few seasons ago. She even messaged me to go check the leader boards to see if anything had changed yet. Then again, Delphy was extremely visable to the whole AL community and took the time to get to know different players by visiting guilds, keeping different toons in guilds, running maps with players, making parties and hitting the PvP maps, and just casually hanging out with anyone who cared to share a few laughs. It takes so much more than just technical know-how to manage our in game community ... The personal touch is a big plus and it let's us all know that we haven't been ignored by the devs. This is an opinion, not a fact so please refrain from personal attacks.

I can honestly say that the disillusionment I felt was overwhelming when I was informed that the top rogue in the best multiplayer mobile app game is actually playing the DAILY (let's not forget the definition of DAILY) quest The Skeleton Medley 'as designed though not as intended' as he is using (abusing) it for an entirely different purpose. Hmm... How in the world can a DAILY quest be played as designed if the boss is never killed and the quest is never turned in for the DAILY token reward?!? Score one for the devs and moderators supporting the hard working players!! Pft

Just saying...

Meh

conradev
02-22-2015, 09:47 AM
Botting pve kills and ctf flags isnt grinding imho. You guys worry too much about these best of the best banner, which was accidently granted to several players last season end anyways.

I had the rare pleasure to meet and get to know Ravager as a close friend in this game. He is the silent giant of AL and deserves more than anyone to stand on top of the Overall Leaderboard. He is incredibly kind and fascinating, and has absolutelt earned everything he has achieved in this game. And the fact he has always remained neutral with Pheonix and never given in to warring guilds like even I have just adds to his good character IMO.

conradev
02-22-2015, 09:52 AM
I was told Auto-Touch can be used for this kind of cheat. it's like a script and the number of kills multiplies when u offline. my kills r legit tho. dont wanna get banned coz this is the only game im concentrating in. :-)

There is no such program that is going to keep you efficiently farming kills while AFK, especially not with these server conditions. I have tested all of them released through 2014 as I was required to do so by a job I had.

leoakre
02-22-2015, 12:09 PM
I apologize to all the 'thinking caps' here who have been tossing out so many positive ideas here for the recent direction this largely constructive thread has been forced towards due to whatever imagined personal grievances a player may have with me. Hopefully today will find everyone in a better state of mind so that we may get back to discussing the various proposed plans of attacking the issues at hand for a brighter future.

Long live Arcane Legends and the friendships we have forged here!!

Thank you :)

Demonkinghero
02-22-2015, 12:14 PM
I wonder if these same problems happened in pocket legends [emoji6]

Origin
02-22-2015, 01:19 PM

Oo don't get me wrong - I don't consider it owning up to anything. From the get go, I was very clear about my purpose and didn't lie, so my conscience is clear. I was told to stop talking about it and I guess they were getting enough mail to tell me to stop friends writing in in support. People knew what I was doing. Just coz a few didn't accept the reality of it doesn't change things. Seems easy enough a logic to follow. I'm just here to push along a related cause, not to seek sympathy or acceptance. Maybe we just belong in different worlds - we all naturally go back to the one we're tailored for. ;) At any rate it was good to experience how people I wouldn't normally meet are, warts and all, when they're not putting pressure on themselves to be nice face to face. :) Ty for everything, I appreciate the good and bad, and hope good comes out of ur endeavours.

Soundlesskill
02-22-2015, 02:32 PM
Trash the leaderboards. It's worth nothing lol.

leoakre
02-22-2015, 02:40 PM
Trash the leaderboards. It's worth nothing lol.

EM!!

If the leader boards cannot be salvaged in a way that shows respect for those who have worked hard and affords opportunities to new players, then I agree...trash them!!

Seoratrek
02-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Hello again!

Like Remiem has said in her last post, sometimes we will say we are working on something for months. The reality of that it does take months. The choices that the devs make effect thousands of players. These decisions have to be carefully considered. As you all know, the devs have noted the PvE boosting issue and they will get back to you all as soon as they can. We also do appreciate feedback but when it comes to insulting other people because you think their ideas are dumb, this is something we do not allow. Please remember to keep your posts friendly and constructive.

Thanks! :)