PDA

View Full Version : Give us a Reason to Craft

Sigkill
03-08-2011, 07:58 PM
As we all know, Crafting isn't really the best investment. Right now there is no incentive for any class to actually craft their weapons. the "Bonuses" actually rig the gear and make it worse. Lets look at 3 examples.

1.) Mega Mage to Enchanted- compromises what mages need the most (mana regen) to something that isn't really practical on a mage (health regen). Mages can heal, they don't need health regen. MY suggestion would be to take away the 10 damage and turn it into 5 crit/5hs

2.) Fury Fighter to Fortified- The absolute worst of all, decides to take away 6ms/6dodge and add 8 damage and 2hs. Is this a joke?, Bears need to tank so they need that extra dodge, and that added ms isnt really necessary but its nice to have. MY suggestion here would to take away the ms completely converting it to hit % causing the gear to have 6hs/6 hit/ 6 dodge

3.) Raid Roach to Custom- Probably the choice that doesn't totally damn your gear and make your character total junk. Still taking away Damage from a PURE DPS class and converting it to something archers don't need (HS). HS doesn't save you in PVP when you have 80-90 armor and only 500 health. MY suggestion would be to turn the 6 damage into 6 dodge.

So thats why I think crafting is totally not worth it, and the fact that the bonus from crafted sets is like 1hs more, the crafted gear totally blows and there is no incentive for doing it

Phoenixking
03-08-2011, 08:00 PM
As we all know, Crafting isn't really the best investment. Right now there is no incentive for any class to actually craft their weapons. the "Bonuses" actually rig the gear and make it worse. Lets look at 3 examples.

1.) Mega Mage to Enchanted- compromises what mages need the most (mana regen) to something that isn't really practical on a mage (health regen). Mages can heal, they don't need health regen. MY suggestion would be to take away the 10 damage and turn it into 5 crit/5hs

2.) Fury Fighter to Fortified- The absolute worst of all, decides to take away 6ms/6dodge and add 8 damage and 2hs. Is this a joke?, Bears need to tank so they need that extra dodge, and that added ms isnt really necessary but its nice to have. MY suggestion here would to take away the ms completely converting it to hit % causing the gear to have 6hs/6 hit/ 6 dodge

3.) Raid Roach to Custom- Probably the choice that doesn't totally damn your gear and make your character total junk. Still taking away Damage from a PURE DPS class and converting it to something archers don't need (HS). HS doesn't save you in PVP when you have 80-90 armor and only 500 health. MY suggestion would be to turn the 6 damage into 6 dodge.

So thats why I think crafting is totally not worth it, and the fact that the bonus from crafted sets is like 1hs more, the crafted gear totally blows and there is no incentive for doing it

Its true......i really agree

Echelong
03-08-2011, 08:01 PM
I agree with you Str and Mage gear need to me re-thought. Tanks need dodge and armor and Mages need Mana regen. I'm ok with the damage but not H/S.

Sigkill
03-08-2011, 08:13 PM
I truly am disappointed that crafting actually rigs your gear, and doesn't actually make it better :(

Snakespeare
03-08-2011, 08:19 PM
For what it is worth, crafting only changes the item. Whether the change is an improvement is a matter of taste.

The devs gave us crafting because so many people begged for it. What they begged for was different from what we got. They wanted to add attributes that they wanted. For instance, to add additional Crit % to a weapon.

I opined that this concept didn't fit the handheld MMO concept because it would require sending customized data with every attack. Figure that as 10000 players sending two extra bytes per second and you will see what I mean. It would cause even more lag than we already have!

So instead they made some items that are still represented by simple integers (probably) as objects in tables on the server side.

It can still work out, but like so many things in this game, the first iteration is buggy and eventually they work it into something that works great.

So let's keep giving feedback in the form of "this is what I want", and trust that it will work out eventually.

And remember, just because it is crafted does not mean it is better. It only means it is changed.

And they don't need to give us reasons to do things like craft. We are the ones who asked them for crafting so presumably we had a reason already in our minds.

I thought I would like crafting. I spent most of my gaming time the first two weeks it came out trying to get components, and failed. But I never really wanted to craft in the first place, and now I don't know why I tried. It wasn't really a good idea to start with, in my opinion. I think it is just something to do when you are done doing everything else.

krazii
03-08-2011, 08:27 PM
It would be nice if there were different recipes to craft your item into different items, that way you could select what makes it better for you.

RedRyder
03-08-2011, 08:30 PM
itd make more sense if crafting weapons/gear from existing items should change the appearance as well. and btw, thanks sig for looking out for my little brother(blackryder). i appreciate it greatly

Sigkill
03-08-2011, 08:38 PM
For what it is worth, crafting only changes the item. Whether the change is an improvement is a matter of taste.

The devs gave us crafting because so many people begged for it. What they begged for was different from what we got. They wanted to add attributes that they wanted. For instance, to add additional Crit % to a weapon.

I opined that this concept didn't fit the handheld MMO concept because it would require sending customized data with every attack. Figure that as 10000 players sending two extra bytes per second and you will see what I mean. It would cause even more lag than we already have!

So instead they made some items that are still represented by simple integers (probably) as objects in tables on the server side.

It can still work out, but like so many things in this game, the first iteration is buggy and eventually they work it into something that works great.

So let's keep giving feedback in the form of "this is what I want", and trust that it will work out eventually.

And remember, just because it is crafted does not mean it is better. It only means it is changed.

And they don't need to give us reasons to do things like craft. We are the ones who asked them for crafting so presumably we had a reason already in our minds.

I thought I would like crafting. I spent most of my gaming time the first two weeks it came out trying to get components, and failed. But I never really wanted to craft in the first place, and now I don't know why I tried. It wasn't really a good idea to start with, in my opinion. I think it is just something to do when you are done doing everything else.

I've played many mmo's, and in all of them crafting made the gear better not worse. Taking away usability and turning the gear in useless junk is technically "changing" but as all of us know the change should be for the better not for the worse..

Sigkill
03-08-2011, 08:39 PM
itd make more sense if crafting weapons/gear from existing items should change the appearance as well. and btw, thanks sig for looking out for my little brother(blackryder). i appreciate it greatly

haha hes a cool kid, if he ever needs any help tell him to ask me

Lesrider
03-08-2011, 08:59 PM
I think most of us would consider crafting to involve some sort of work like mining/shearing/fishing/whatnot to get the materials. The crafting in this game just seems like farming for multiple items to make up one, instead of just farming for the one item. I haven't really tried it myself because I don't find it all that appealing. I want to either farm an item or create it through some other type of work -- not have to farm for ingredients to make it. Seems overly tedious.

BlackRyder
03-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Remember when crafting first came out? I love how we're all dissapointed about it.

BlackRyder
03-08-2011, 09:17 PM
haha hes a cool kid, if he ever needs any help tell him to ask me

thanks sigkill

RedRyder
03-08-2011, 09:20 PM
thanks sigkill

i forgot to tell you about double posting lol. keep everything you have to say to one post. if you forgot to, just edit your last post. dont do two back to back posts

BlackRyder
03-08-2011, 09:25 PM
i forgot to tell you about double posting lol. keep everything you have to say to one post. if you forgot to, just edit your last post. dont do two back to back posts

okay, sorry bout that

Luchta
03-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Sometimes I also wish there was a road map everyone can see. What new maps will come out? What is the last level? What else would be added to crafting? Will these items have new set bonuses? Some of the biggest questions that baffles everyone in the game very often to the point of quitting. It's really a make or break waiting for some people. But if you look on the bright side, it's a thrill to wait and be surprised. It has its ups and downs but that's what the game is all about. You can't get everything you want or maybe not just yet or maybe you never will.