Yeah, it's stuck on an error log screen right now and saying "Service Req'd"

It's okay, I'll be back on PL in about an 2-3 hours. I can unbrick. :D

Conradin
03-08-2011, 09:36 PM
is it jailbroke?

Junside
03-08-2011, 09:40 PM
is it jailbroke?

I have a Motorola Droid 2. And well, yes it was rooted(hacked) like jailbreaking. I was in the process of unrooting and I forgot I had to remove my SD card or else it'll be wiped(My pictures, app backups, etc).

SO... I took the risk. But My phone didn't get damaged or corrupt. I can just download a stock flash recovery(which I'm doing now) and apply it. The whole thing is like 500MB so I gotta wait a while. :P

Kossi
03-08-2011, 09:43 PM
STS said a long time ago they may be considering not supporting jailbroken devices,,,,

Conradin
03-08-2011, 09:44 PM
and they lose half their android device

KingFu
03-08-2011, 09:45 PM
STS said a long time ago they may be considering not supporting jailbroken devices,,,,

I think that just makes them look good for Apple, I think they'd lose a big audience if they did, so they dropped that idea.

Kossi
03-08-2011, 09:45 PM
and they lose half their android device

yea, they pro took it back tho....it was like 3 months ago on facebook

Kossi
03-08-2011, 09:46 PM
remember when PL hit 5.5k players online?

what happened?? the number like dropped to half within 2 days

a second realm? new-fnord?

Conradin
03-08-2011, 09:52 PM
theres usually about 3k players online now. wonder why not 5k..

Junside
03-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Rooting an Android phone gives you complete control over the phone. Consumers like me(not a programmer) won't mess around with the phone's coding so there isn't much different than the appearance, running speed, and version, from a stock device. And this basically tells Motorola, "I'm taking control of my phone." and Motorola says "This is a warranty breech. You're on your own now."

I don't know if jailbreaking an iphone changes any of its mechanics dramatically. I have nothing to worry about when rooting my phone. My old Droid was rooted, and I sent it to Motorola for a replacement. It's only been like, 4 months since I had it. And guess what happened? They sent me a free upgrade to a Droid 2. So, I don't know how harsh Apple is, but I love my phone. :D There seems to be a solution for everything.

KingFu
03-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Apple won't usually touch your device if it is jailbroken. By simply restoring the phone, they won't know it is has been jailbroken or not (since restoring returns it to factory settings) I am gonna get an iPad 2 for free the same way you got a free Droid 2, just I am gonna do it purposely, hehe.

Frenzyn
03-08-2011, 09:58 PM

once that happens they lose 90% of their members. xD

romgar1
03-08-2011, 10:08 PM
They may have considered not supporting it back when there was controversy over the legality of it all. Now its clearly not illegal in the U.S. to "hack", (root or jailbreak), your phone.

Echelong
03-08-2011, 10:33 PM

There is no way of them knowing which ones are jailbroken and it doesn't affect them at all. Its not like you have to pay to download the game. I can't live without my jailbreak apps. I have true multitasking plus lots of other very kool stuff.

Baked-Potato
03-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Rooting an Android phone gives you complete control over the phone. Consumers like me(not a programmer) won't mess around with the phone's coding so there isn't much different than the appearance, running speed, and version, from a stock device. And this basically tells Motorola, "I'm taking control of my phone." and Motorola says "This is a warranty breech. You're on your own now."

I don't know if jailbreaking an iphone changes any of its mechanics dramatically. I have nothing to worry about when rooting my phone. My old Droid was rooted, and I sent it to Motorola for a replacement. It's only been like, 4 months since I had it. And guess what happened? They sent me a free upgrade to a Droid 2. So, I don't know how harsh Apple is, but I love my phone. :D There seems to be a solution for everything.

Droid 2 FTW

I'd die if I didn't have my rooted Droid 2.

Junside
03-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Success! My phone looks like it did when I pulled it out of the box! Now I need to re-install PL. :D