PDA

View Full Version : The FASTEST Hideout Run!

Zeus
03-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Thanks to Physiologic, Moogerfooger, Mitsuisun, and Royce! The videos are still uploading so it haven't processes HD quality yet. HD viewing should be up within 15 minutes!

First video is with damage pots! Actual run time was 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZydmHsyO8k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZydmHsyO8k

Here is the Second Video, with NO ELIXERS! Run Time was 3:27 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELi2F5eSG2M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELi2F5eSG2M

giayuan
03-09-2011, 12:14 AM
I like how you just ignored captnamerica ;)

EDIT: just noticed you guys killed gold fever like.. a plain mob LOL

Kingofhurtz
03-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Yeah I remember mooger, mitsiusun and two mages and I flew threw it.

Zeus
03-09-2011, 12:19 AM

Had too unfortunately :(. Typing would slow us down and ruin our timing. As soon as I log back on in game, I'll answer his question if needed :p.

Beanmachine
03-09-2011, 12:19 AM

lol sorry didnt know u were recording:)
Is it possible to answer my question now plz?;)

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
03-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Lmfao you guys play like n00bs :)

adwin
03-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Hmm, I recognise a certain skill setup. ;]

I see you're going up->down by columns, but IMO, repulse shot should be last. If you repulse the enemy outside of your range, you won't hit him with the last shot.
Furthermore, shatterscream should be somewhere closer to blast shot. Does your combo chain each time?

giayuan
03-09-2011, 12:25 AM

I see you're going up->down by columns, but IMO, repulse shot should be last. If you repulse the enemy outside of your range, you won't hit him with the last shot.
Furthermore, shatterscream should be somewhere closer to blast shot. Does your combo chain each time?

I do that too! cept my column on the right for the 4 attacks are break armor, blast shot, stun thing, then repulse as adwin pointed out :D

Zeus
03-09-2011, 12:27 AM

I have my reasons for all of the following :p. Which I can't disclose :(. Sorry!

EDIT: It was a bit hard to follow through with it since it was an Ipad and I had to reach around my makeshift tripod and attempt to play. Thus hindering my performance.

Kingofhurtz
03-09-2011, 12:28 AM
I have my reasons for all of the following :p. Which I can't disclose :(. Sorry!

His uber secret(no longer secret) pvp strategy!

giayuan
03-09-2011, 12:29 AM

Right!!! I bet hes regretting posting this video now... LOL

Zeus
03-09-2011, 12:29 AM

Actually, it's not that :p. That is my PVE map, but if I told him the reason why I ordered it like that, it would also hint my PvP strategy.

Inching
03-09-2011, 12:31 AM
ive done it while damage pot was still not expired... it expired around when goldfever died so i guess 5 mins or so... oh and no damage pots

giayuan
03-09-2011, 12:32 AM
you mean xp pot?

Zeus
03-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Stupid me! I uploaded in standard quality! I was wondering why HD didn't show up yet. Got to reupload that one then I guess. Fastest Hideout Run without Elixirs coming up next!

Moogerfooger
03-09-2011, 12:33 AM
We also did a 3:27 run with no pots at all :p which could have been a few seconds faster....

Zeus
03-09-2011, 12:34 AM
We also did a 3:27 run with no pots at all :p which could have been a few seconds faster....

Dang Physiologic had to be the noob and die :(. Nah jk Physio. We love ya :).

Inching
03-09-2011, 12:34 AM
you mean xp pot?

ya ya i mean XP pot hahaha thanks

Ayrilana
03-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Dang Physiologic had to be the noob and die :(. Nah jk Physio. We love ya :).

He usually does when I play with him. :p I take it was from the fire traps?

Beanmachine
03-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Had too unfortunately :(. Typing would slow us down and ruin our timing. As soon as I log back on in game, I'll answer his question if needed :p.

Im offline now but still waiting for an answer plz..

Zeus
03-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Im offline now but still waiting for an answer plz..

I pmed you it :p.

Zeus
03-09-2011, 12:37 AM
He usually does when I play with him. :p I take it was from the fire traps?

Barreled actually.

Beanmachine
03-09-2011, 12:37 AM
I pmed you it :p.

oh ty i think ill just post in market:p

KaotiicxDream
03-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Goldfever and Catspaw got OWNED!!!!!

Zeus
03-09-2011, 12:44 AM
Goldfever and Catspaw got OWNED!!!!!

Yeah, looks like I made a mistake though and hit Standard Quality when I uploaded the first video. I'll remove that one and post the HD version. Then you can watch them get owned in HD!

Physiologic
03-09-2011, 01:26 AM
Hahaha I ran into the barrel the very first run we recorded. Epicprosauce :D

MITSUISUN
03-09-2011, 01:38 AM
warm up laps p

I still think we need a 2 min run just for the sake of it. i am sure if u guys ditched me and replace with Elar or some better birds it will be close to 2mins hehe.

mad fun as always, death trains ftw~

Necrobane
03-09-2011, 01:38 AM
I reckon one bird for a mage woulda been better.

Moogerfooger
03-09-2011, 01:40 AM
We had 4 birds, 1 mage. Going all bird actually slows it down a bit, as Royce is an epic mage and his combos/buffs/debuffs speed things up considerably :D

superglut2
03-09-2011, 01:40 AM
Very nice run

Necrobane
03-09-2011, 01:41 AM
Sorry I expressed myself poorly, I meant to switch a bird for a mage = 3 mages 2 birds

Moogerfooger
03-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Gotcha...yeah, we have done that before, with pretty similar results :D 3:37, but with a slightly diff crew.

Necrobane
03-09-2011, 01:45 AM
:) when your doing that much damage, theres no need for a tank. Maybe a warbird would be nice for the mobs.

Ayrilana
03-09-2011, 01:46 AM
Gotcha...yeah, we have done that before, with pretty similar results :D 3:37, but with a slightly diff crew.

I like doing the groups with you guys.

:) when your doing that much damage, theres no need for a tank. Maybe a warbird would be nice for the mobs.

Unfortunately there's really no need for a tank in BS since you can kite the boss or share aggro.

Zeus
03-09-2011, 01:47 AM
I like doing the groups with you guys.

So... Up next? Goblin King? Kill him before the totem heals him? Maybe king and queen too?

Necrobane
03-09-2011, 01:47 AM
I like doing the groups with you guys.lol same
/10

Ayrilana
03-09-2011, 01:50 AM
So... Up next? Goblin King? Kill him before the totem heals him? Maybe king and queen too?

Yeah. Just have to make sure people don't call you non-stop like they did over the weekend. I was in a group in Stronghold a few days ago where a bear would run far a head and pull a huge swarm of enemies back for us to nuke. Those were some pretty quick runs.

MITSUISUN
03-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Sorry I expressed myself poorly, I meant to switch a bird for a mage = 3 mages 2 birds

Typically it's usually 4 birds 1 mage / 4 birds 1 bear for me ( we birds united while we were all lv55 heh ) or 5 birds (dont die is the theme)

I somehow felt it was smoother and faster with 1 bear, and more exciting when all of us trying to keep each other stay alive, help with repulse shot etc; that was one of best experience while griding, meeting top-notch birds, bears and of course mages.

Doubletime
03-09-2011, 08:16 AM

Running with Echelong last night we were able to do this with a mixed group bear/2 birds/2 mages. 3 birds/2 mages should blast through him long before the totem lights up. I know that I was running a damage pot. Don't think the rest were.

So Parth you need a bigger challenge. I say try soloing the queen with a dagger and cloth armor.

Echelong
03-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Nice vid it makes the runs we did last weekend seem slow. We did a 3:07 with damage pot (never tried speed pot) and 3:44 i think without pots. Same configuration. I would like to try a potted run with speed pots with Elly and see if he can speed up the run. But yeah 3 birds and a mage owns. I would like to see Royce's vid just to see his perspective and learn hehe. Great runs guys.

Running with Echelong last night we were able to do this with a mixed group bear/2 birds/2 mages. 3 birds/2 mages should blast through him long before the totem lights up. I know that I was running a damage pot. Don't think the rest were.

So Parth you need a bigger challenge. I say try soloing the queen with a dagger and cloth armor.

hehe don't remind me about last night it as just as much fun as it was painful.

IamBored
03-09-2011, 10:23 AM
This just show that bears are not needed. They should make normal mob like the Sniper in AO3.

Moogerfooger
03-09-2011, 10:26 AM
This just show that bears are not needed. They should make normal mob like the Sniper in AO3.

Bears can speed things up and make for a smoother run with smart usage of Taunt, Beckon and Stomp. Some of the smoothest runs I have had, and fastest, have been with solid bears like Ellyidol or Warhammerben.

Echelong
03-09-2011, 10:31 AM

If you played with a good bear like Ellyidol, persistant and a few others you would think otherwise.

aluxuryhoggy
03-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Wowow! Can we get to together and do some runs today? What time zone you in?
Well done!

Physiologic
03-09-2011, 11:01 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXpwubCFFa8

Ellyidol et al. at Catacombs. Run finished in 3 mins, 50 seconds.

Ayrilana
03-09-2011, 11:04 AM

They're very helpful in pulling mobs together.

IamBored
03-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Remove one archer from the group and add in a warrior see if it's much faster or equal in time. Boss should one shot archer and mage so warrior would truly be needed.

Moogerfooger
03-09-2011, 11:51 AM
If a 1 bear/2 archer/2 mage setup, and if all were skilled, would still not make a huge difference other than possibly boss takedown time.....the flip side of that is that mob-clearing up to the boss may be a little faster if the bear knows how to beckon into tight groups.

Snakespeare
03-09-2011, 12:11 PM
A bear can pull mobs away from traps. This party didn't need a bear because of the elixirs, which made them all bears at heart. Also, they are all very skilled players most of whom have bears they play often. Most parties do benefit from someone beckoning the mobs away from the firetraps.

kopi
03-09-2011, 12:38 PM
bears are useful in Bs if u know how to do it, especially in stronghold. Those that been playing with Olliwalli, u will know i mean. he's a str mage, got two of us bear in stronghold.

Two bears and he split up, each going diff direction, we run and lure the mobs to mages and bird waiting at a corner and blasted them away, always on screen there's say 15-20 plus mobs which slows down my phone frame. we kill super fast. I had no record of timing and it's the fastest among all games i joined before. this brings me back the memories of AO3 rushing.

i do not know how to take video on iphone, but those whoever joined agreed it's very fun. I run this method with my friends and they love it too, though my side still yet to perfect it with many deaths.

MITSUISUN
03-09-2011, 01:14 PM

It's really not that bears are not needed. Players and team work is all there is to it, and combination of good classes.

dex and tank bear works together is deadly, at same time you can argue birds are not needed because good mage's aoe is even more damage

kopi
03-09-2011, 01:39 PM
If u got a group of 3 class together, all knows how to play their char, and with practice : bear move in, pull, mage weakness and nightmare, bear hellscream, bird root, mage lightning follow by icestorm and firestorm, same time bird shattering scream and blastshot. U can pretty much clear any maps fast

IamBored
03-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Bear job is tank, pull and debuff. Mage job is to heal, debuff, and aoe damage. Archer job is to do damage and debuff. As you can see in the video, no tanking is needed because everything drop like flies even the boss. You guys kill so fast that a bear pull would not do much different. I can't really see but nobody in the group was in dangerous of dying. You can't say that about mage and archer because mage is best at aoe while archer is best at single target damage (boss).

Echelong
03-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Bear job is tank, pull and debuff. Mage job is to heal, debuff, and aoe damage. Archer job is to do damage and debuff. As you can see in the video, no tanking is needed because everything drop like flies even the boss. You guys kill so fast that a bear pull would not do much different. I can't really see but nobody in the group was in dangerous of dying. You can't say that about mage and archer because mage is best at aoe while archer is best at single target damage (boss).

Have you seen Elly in action? He would pull and group mobs into a wall or corner and keep running and the group would kill them then he would keep grouping mobs and doing that till the boss when he would change into his dps gear and kill the boss without anyone or hardly anyone get hit by him. You can do fast runs with any group configuration as long as they know what to do.

We should do farming with damage and speed pots and see how it goes.

KingFu
03-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Lmfao you guys play like n00bs :)

And you are......?

Ayrilana
03-09-2011, 03:38 PM

Bears run up ahead and pull the mobs back to the group. It works very well in stronghold

Moogerfooger
03-09-2011, 04:10 PM
You guys kill so fast that a bear pull would not do much different. I can't really see but nobody in the group was in dangerous of dying.

Wrong, and wrong. Bear pulls, with a bear in front grouping together mobs makes things much easier and speeds things up...it is not mandatory, but it does help a lot for the bear to take aggro from the archers.

And you have no clue about anyone's screens other than the ones in the video on a couple of runs, and in one of those videos we have tank pots to not worry about damage as much. Do you not see how often Physiologic uses health pots in his videos to stay that aggressive and do that much damage quickly???? With no bear taunting/beckoning/stunning, we are constantly hammering health pots in certain parts of the runs. To play this aggressively with archer, you are constantly in danger of dying, and use a lot of healths pots compared to hanging back and not using as many. Period.

You must never have played with a bear that knew what he was doing.

Physiologic
03-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Bears that know how to Beckon and debuff when they're supposed to increases run speed and improves survivability. I'm saying this from experience, all based on countless runs with Ellyidol.

And hideout/stronghold is actually the easiest BS* map to run in. When you get to the slime monsters and face 10 mobs doing AoE fire damage on your party and you are bear-less, you'll think "damn I wish there were a tank here" right before the YOU HAVE DIED screen pops up.

IamBored
03-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Check the second video again. The mage and archer Moogerfooger health dip to 50% once each so I think a mage heal would do for the other time being. I can't tell for Phys because his name is covered. I looked at Phys video and he used about 13 or 15 health potions in which he grouped with 2 random players and he was the only one leading the way in that video. Try a video with the best warrior and see how much thing speed up and also try 4 people instead of 5. Please post a video with a warrior pulling and see how it goes, you guys kill so fast that he will have to skip a group of mob because beckon doesn't reset fast enough.

Zerious
03-09-2011, 05:12 PM
see this is why i need my archer and bear up and running >.<

Moogerfooger
03-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Check the second video again. The mage and archer Moogerfooger health dip to 50% once each so I think a mage heal would do for the other time being. I can't tell for Phys because his name is covered. I looked at Phys video and he used about 13 or 15 health potions in which he grouped with 2 random players and he was the only one leading the way in that video. Try a video with the best warrior and see how much thing speed up and also try 4 people instead of 5. Please post a video with a warrior pulling and see how it goes, you guys kill so fast that he will have to skip a group of mob because beckon doesn't reset fast enough.

Do you know why my health rarely gets below 50%?? Not only is Royce a hell of a mage and does a great job healing/buffing....wait for it....

BECAUSE I AM CONSTANTLY HAMMERING HEALTH POTS ON A LOT OF THE MAP CLEANING UP THE WOUNDED/BYPASSED BY PHYSIOLOGIC, AND IN THE INTEREST OF NOT DYING AND SLOWING DOWN THE SPEED RUN, AND I HAVE 26 H/S.

And as Physiologic said, Hideout is one of the easiest BS levels to play aggressively. Trying to play like this, without a bear to take some of the heat off, in Catacombs would be stupid hard.

And once I again, you must never have played with a bear liked Ellyidol. Period. He has his Beckons timed perfectly and often runs ahead of the group (and we never have to wait for a Beckon to cool down). Oh wait, I am repeating myself to you AGAIN.

Buh-bye.

Ellyidol
03-09-2011, 05:43 PM
We just did a run. +10 sec without elixirs and blanky spawn, Phys should have the video later. :)

Physiologic
03-09-2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gohIAGpJ0ps

Runners: 4 birds, 1 bear [Physiologic, Apollo, Ellyidol, Doubletime, Yanis]
Time of run: 3 minutes, 42 second
Run spawned Blankey, added +7 seconds (other Hideout run did not have Blankey).

Time of run revised: 3 minutes 35 seconds.

Ellyidol
03-09-2011, 06:25 PM
I swear we should film every run. We seem to drop a pink every time! Lol.

Edit:

Name of your vid is wrong, Hideout not cata :P

Physiologic
03-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Whoops, fixed it.

And rofl, I recorded only 4 runs, 2 of which pinks dropped...

Ellyidol
03-09-2011, 06:33 PM
The drop rate for recorded runs is 50%. Hahaha.

Thank you btw, for recording.

Doubletime
03-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Based on the drop rate for recorded runs, and that was my first pink in a couple days, I think we should do recorded speed runs all day. :P

Good run guys.

Echelong
03-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Based on the drop rate for recorded runs, and that was my first pink in a couple days, I think we should do recorded speed runs all day. :P

Good run guys.

Haha DT I know how you feel. I just hope the bad luck I have been carrying these past few days is off and the group can get more pinks.

MITSUISUN
03-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Echelong,
I ran with couple different crews in past 2 days (thnx to Elly/Phy/Badtee that introduced me to new awesome players)

and I have to say... ITS REALLY YOU!!

We all got pinks and had mad fun dying / chatting / taking afk so others can join.

Perhaps we should not see each other anymore :p

Doubletime
03-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Echelong,
I ran with couple different crews in past 2 days (thnx to Elly/Phy/Badtee that introduced me to new awesome players)

and I have to say... ITS REALLY YOU!!

We all got pinks and had mad fun dying / chatting / taking afk so others can join.

Perhaps we should not see each other anymore :p

I think Mitsu is on to something Echelong. I have racked up pinks lately when running with other groups. :)

Maybe you should sign on long enough that we can change your luck.

Ayrilana
03-14-2011, 02:21 PM
You should try stronghold. It can be cleared in about 4 min and has better drops. Just get Elly to make those death trains.

Sun
03-14-2011, 02:38 PM
I think your runs could go a lot faster if you split up. If your aiming to all get exp and drops this would be a bad idea but if your going for only run speed then sending only 1 - 2 people to the first right turn instead of all 5 would be a lot faster. and also at the spots where you branch off left and right

Moogerfooger
03-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Has been tried and is not feasible without speed/damage pots and probably tank pots. Splitting up when we (in the videos) all use skills and combos heavily also detracts from overall effectiveness (think 'strength in numbers'), and takes longer to kill small groups of baddies. Staying roughly together = massive killing power. Not to mention, meeting back up before the boss(es) also adds time.

One other option is to have two bears. At the same intersection have the group pause, except one bear go right to Blanky's room, and another left and down the hall a bit. Each kite the mobs back to the archers/mages waiting in the middle for monster combos/AoE. I don't know if this is any faster, but it worth a look.

MITSUISUN
03-14-2011, 03:14 PM
man Moog... we got new challenges need to beat lol i better improve my game more :p

team work coordination is a wonderful thing to practice. if later on, there's a big map that allows 2-3 teams to enter from different direction and jointly to fight a master boss, that'd be cool.

very agree on strength in numbers, nothing is more satisfying when everyone's skill went out same time and mobs die before they even have a chance to touch us.

I started to use raid+autobow set more these past 2 days as i been stashing pots and improve my potting finger. I liked how we birds had auto-bow party back when lv55, range + pick different targets in sight, and finished jointly with blast shot etc.

Moogerfooger
03-14-2011, 03:20 PM
I liked how we birds had auto-bow party back when lv55, range + pick different targets in sight, and finished jointly with blast shot etc.

I don't know about you, but I have never used a sissy Autobow with Mooger :p lol. Give me damage over range, any day....just my personal style.

This split approach might work a little on Stronghold (some break left at the big area by the beginning and loop around though the 'up' hall, the other group go right and loop to the 'right' hall, and meet), but I don't think it would be faster on Hideout. Too much running to re-meet, I think.

MITSUISUN
03-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Yes, you were the odd bird out with loaned scarb bow when Elar/Kujen/Kanital and I were all rocking different auto-bow hehe.

I 100% agree with you on damage driven; auto-bow is very good use in some maps but I need to get myself a raid recurve heh

Moogerfooger
03-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Ironically, six hours before I was going to give Drew his Scarab back, I got one on a drop :D

I don't care about the Autobows, they have their advantages; I just like teasing Autobow-ers :p

Ayrilana
03-14-2011, 05:47 PM
No need to split up on stronghold. You just need the bear to speed pot and then run around training the enemies back to the group. This is done about 6 times and then you're at the bandit king/queen.

Physiologic
03-14-2011, 05:54 PM
I think your runs could go a lot faster if you split up. If your aiming to all get exp and drops this would be a bad idea but if your going for only run speed then sending only 1 - 2 people to the first right turn instead of all 5 would be a lot faster. and also at the spots where you branch off left and right

This won't work. Everyone runs at the same speed, so even if everyone did mini-split ups, you'd all have to eventually come together for Gold Fever, who goes down the fastest when everyone is grouped together. If you split up, the people who took the dead-end roads would have to eventually walk back to the main group.

The Real Jira
03-14-2011, 06:37 PM
if later on, there's a big map that allows 2-3 teams to enter from different direction and jointly to fight a master boss, that'd be cool.

Mits, this is brilliant.