PDA

View Full Version : GUIDE: Alien Oasis Quests

Ayrilana
03-09-2011, 01:03 AM
This guide is out-of-date and is thus removed. A more current one is included in my comprehensive guide. Please refer to that one instead.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?21190-A-Pocket-Legends-Quest-Guide

Physiologic
03-09-2011, 01:31 AM
Awesomeness. Are you guys still compiling to make a comprehensive quest guide?

giayuan
03-09-2011, 01:31 AM
Nice! I saw this beforehand and realized my rought draft of my quest compendium is trash, therefore I have quit that thread. Though ill be glad to help if you need it ariyalana :D

Ayrilana
03-09-2011, 01:35 AM
No idea. Only the first three campaigns still need to be completed.

giayuan
03-09-2011, 01:36 AM
No idea. Only the first three campaigns still need to be completed.

I have like 5 quests from that LOL

Ayrilana
03-09-2011, 01:40 AM
I have like 5 quests from that LOL

Yeah I was just going to do them tomorrow and Thursday. I'll create the compilation thread tomorrow morning or evening.

EDIT: Until then, people can just go HERE (http://becomeelite.forumotion.com/f6-game-guides) to view the others ones that I've done.

Keohike
03-09-2011, 01:59 AM
nice post thanks

NeoCrimson
03-09-2011, 03:06 AM
I think one of the quest is not counted in the quest count. Mine still 42/43 after finishing ALL quest including the one with plat. Checked every map did every daily, it still refer me to Ellie. lols

Ayrilana
03-09-2011, 03:15 AM
There are 44 listed and Ellie's (5th cyber quest) does not count towards total. I have 43/43 quests completed so you're missing something. Unfortunately we don't have access to a completed quest history.

Corpser
03-09-2011, 03:22 AM
great post but u should put up the rewads as well

Ayrilana
03-09-2011, 03:36 AM
great post but u should put up the rewads as well

I thought about it but realized that the majority of quests give a minuscule amount of gold and including it would be clutter. I just wanted to keep things simple so people could figure out what quest they still needed to do and/or how to do it.

Corpser
03-09-2011, 04:13 AM
I thought about it but realized that the majority of quests give a minuscule amount of gold and including it would be clutter. I just wanted to keep things simple so people could figure out what quest they still needed to do and/or how to do it.

agreed but maybe just the ones that give u good items not the ones that give you gold and bad crafting stuff

EDIT: never mind be to big lol nvm

Tamino
03-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Great guide, but I am stuck anyway.

It seems that I completed all quests except the last three "AO3 Bosses" - T'Paxx, Gurgox and OL; when I talk to Kahotep in Captive Audience I got a presentation of T'Paxx but not the quest button, only a generic "Let Me at Him" :confused: Strange, uh?

Ayrilana
03-09-2011, 10:51 AM
What level are you? My other lv50 mage has the quest available and has only 4 quests done. Either there's a glitch that only affects a few people or they're just not the correct level.

I can't remember exactly what ones I did on her but I'm assuming they're:

“The Brothers Othozz”
“Finders Keepers”
“Everyone Was Kung Fu Fighting”
"Ghost in the Museum"

The first three were done before the new town was released. If you're level 50, you're likely missing one of the quests before T'Paxx

FluffNStuff
03-09-2011, 10:56 AM
The weapon quest costs plat? Is this the only quest that cost plat?

Physiologic
03-09-2011, 10:58 AM
The weapon quest costs plat? Is this the only quest that cost plat?

Yes it costs 5 Plat to begin the quest series. If you don't pay up, you'll have 4 quests missing from AO.

Yanis
03-09-2011, 12:33 PM
I am at 42/43 with one quest unfinished ("DAILY: Scrappin’ with the D’Jinn"). Can someone confirm that dailies give credit?

Moogerfooger
03-09-2011, 12:35 PM
I am at 42/43 with one quest unfinished ("DAILY: Scrappin’ with the D’Jinn"). Can someone confirm that dailies give credit?

I was in the same boat. Was at 42/43, was running around (with the Daily in my log) looking for another 'real' quest, finished the Daily on a whim and ended up at 43. Don't know if this is a glitch or not.

Ayrilana
03-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Daily quests are part of the total. This is also the case in sewers as well.

superss
03-09-2011, 12:45 PM
nice guide! oh and what did you mean by i found one from the clocked normal guys in vicious visitors? ps it was the quest ancient codex

Moogerfooger
03-09-2011, 12:47 PM

Too bad doing them repeatedly in BS doesn't change it to 30/30 :p

Goodest
03-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Yes it costs 5 Plat to begin the quest series. If you don't pay up, you'll have 4 quests missing from AO.

only the birds quest is worth the plat

i just got the bears and it sucks

Yanis
03-09-2011, 01:54 PM

Wait, you have more than 26/30 in the Sewers?

skavenger216
03-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Wait, you have more than 26/30 in the Sewers?

If I'm remembering right, the last few quests require you to be level 56

Yanis
03-09-2011, 02:15 PM

I am lvl56 and still stuck at 26/30.

Physiologic
03-09-2011, 02:19 PM

The Fallen Prince's quest don't count towards the remaining 4 quests

Ayrilana
03-09-2011, 03:15 PM
@Yanis: No I have 26. Those daily quests are part of the total the FIRST time you do them.

@Superss: Those are the regular guys you see on the map. I was just saying that they drop them too so people don't just farm the lesser D'Jinn only and get frustrated.

Lanceuppercut40
03-10-2011, 01:16 AM
For all those people stuck on 42/43 quests. I can tell you for sure that there is a glitch or bug for some people because I'm stuck there as well. I saved all my daily quests as the last ones I would do, so I was at 40/43 quests before I started them. I DEFINITELY did not get the "chain-gang" quest counted. I know this for a fact.

Ayrilana
03-10-2011, 02:04 AM
Do it again. Someone managed to redo it and get credit.

Tamino
03-10-2011, 05:26 AM
I completed DAILY quests, that are most of those I missed (probably I finished the Alien bosses quests just when AO city was established, and I forgot). Now I am 42/43 and puzzled about the missing one. I have the Mystery Ancients Helm, Armor and Bow, and the two Cyber Sets, so these quests can be excluded. I ran to all people in the quest list (Amenken, Wakhasem, Mariah, Ebeth and so on), but none has the Exclamation Point. It seems like I never will do all quests :(

Ayrilana
03-10-2011, 10:32 AM
I suggest everyone who is experiencing problems redo the daily quests just in case and talk to EVERY npc even if they don't have an exclamation mark above their head. Don't forget the ones on the maps as well. Go through the list and check off each quest when you talk to that specific npc that gives it. Remember that Kahotep appears in town (asking you to talk to Sizoo) and in AO3.

Also, for those who are having issues with the last quest, what device are you using?

Ayrilana
03-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Glitch found! It is indeed the "DAILY: Chain Gang" quest from Annah. I completed that quest before the the "Sometimes Less is More" quest given by Annah. Perhaps the glitch is turning it in before the other? I think I got credit on my other character because I did the armor quest first. Anyone want to try to duplicate it by turning in the daily quest first and then someone turn in the armor quest first? Also, does it not give credit if you do it a second time?

Frenzyn
03-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Would love that idea.

Ayrilana
03-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Would love that idea.

I'm working on the remaining campaigns now. I'm still trying to figure out a good way to present it all. One thought was to do it like Physiologic's and have people use the "find" command. I was tempted to create multiple posts for each campaign and then link them to the first post.

Lanceuppercut40
03-10-2011, 10:16 PM
I tried doing the chain gang quest a second time and it still didn't count it :/. Annoying.

Kingofhurtz
03-10-2011, 10:19 PM

Yes. If it's my thread you're referring to on Wraps site that is...

Fyrce
03-11-2011, 12:24 AM
I like your format. My only suggestion would be make for each section, have like a one line intro. Such as Ao1: quests start w/ Amendken, go left from respawn. by Desert Road sign. Ao2 is Ancient Pyramid. Ao3 is Alien Pyramid. Cyber quests can only be started by level 50s, etc.

My own notes include the level on where to do quest, if there are particular levels. It helps w/ finding/joining games, so like Zankura is Ao2:2, Sobek is Ao2:3, etc. Don't know if other people identify levels that way, but if they do, then it'd be useful information in the guide. If there seems to be a level that's faster or easier to do something, I note that as well, but that might be too much information for a guide.

Anyways, great guide and great work!

skavenger216
03-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Just wanted to point out that the shadow prisoner quest requires 25 to complete, not 15 :D

Ayrilana
03-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Just wanted to point out that the shadow prisoner quest requires 25 to complete, not 15 :D

Thanks. I corrected it in my notes but never made it on here.

skavenger216
03-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Thanks. I corrected it in my notes but never made it on here.

Np!
//10 chars

skavenger216
03-12-2011, 06:55 AM
Sorry about the double post

it appears I've been hit by the 42/43 glitch too :(

only reason I'm posting is I know 100% for sure that I did the armor quest before any of the dailies (before I even picked up the dailies, for that matter).

EDIT: I just did all of the dailies again and checked every AO3 quest giver...... nothing. I've never done the ellie quest but you guys say that was a quest that I can't do now, and it supposedly doesn't count anyways. I'm lost, kinda sucks though, I'm kinda obsessive when it comes to being a completionist, so that 42/43 is gonna bug the crap out of me lol. Devs please fix!

Coltona
03-28-2011, 03:26 PM
One thing you should add for those who don't know. On the first two Cyber quests, the totems and shards, it's only the Keeper in Victory Lap and it's about 9 times out of 10 that he gives two otherwise he gives none or just one, he also seems to give two less often on the shards than he does on the totems. I've had a few people in teams that for a little while actually got 4 per Keeper kill, but they only lasted a few runs then had a fairly long dry spell of none.

Ayrilana
03-28-2011, 10:01 PM
One thing you should add for those who don't know. On the first two Cyber quests, the totems and shards, it's only the Keeper in Victory Lap and it's about 9 times out of 10 that he gives two otherwise he gives none or just one, he also seems to give two less often on the shards than he does on the totems. I've had a few people in teams that for a little while actually got 4 per Keeper kill, but they only lasted a few runs then had a fairly long dry spell of none.

This guide isn't up-to-date since I compiled it into a guide of all the quests and only update that one. ALL of the bosses do drop totems and shards; not just the keeper. People just do the Keeper since it's quick and mostly idiot-proof. I've gotten two from OL once as well. I don't remember ever getting four but I have heard random people say they've gotten three but it's incredibly rare.