PDA

View Full Version : Android produces more revenue for STS so iPhone gets Ad free, is this fair? ...

PLaCiD
03-09-2011, 04:47 AM
... discuss

http://blogs.computerworld.com/17941/android_ios_app_profit

Ellyidol
03-09-2011, 04:49 AM
Why not? Androids and iOS players play in one server anyway, so it shouldn't matter where they're playing from.

PLaCiD
03-09-2011, 04:56 AM
iPhone users have an Ad free version of PL and android users have an Ad included version of PL ... if the article is valid that is.

Ellyidol
03-09-2011, 05:08 AM
iPhone users have an Ad free version of PL and android users have an Ad included version of PL ... if the article is valid that is.

Oh, didn't get that from the article.

Where in the Android UI are there ads?

Keohike
03-09-2011, 05:10 AM
There is no such thing as fair in the business world only $ and i will have to agree with STS ceo decision, you don't go into business by making things fair. You go into business using logic and decisive decisions and if the Android market is making more money then why not put more money or all money in the Android market as long as they can keep ios market revenue stable and not fall too much.

PLaCiD
03-09-2011, 05:56 AM
Oh, didn't get that from the article.

Where in the Android UI are there ads?

I was thinking the same myself ... maybe the article is wrong. Or maybe its something in the pipeline

Junside
03-09-2011, 07:03 AM
It's stupid unless they're referring to TapJoy. No one is going to click those dumb ads.

Lesrider
03-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Hard to tell whether they mean ads that lead to pocket legends, or ads in pocket legends that lead to other products.

thugimmortal
03-09-2011, 07:31 AM
I think they must mean tapjoy there are no other adds in game. the reason that us android users click the tapjoy adds is that its hard to get plat. for some of us its the only way to get plat without a credit card we dont have the luxury of itunes cards. i am slowly losing faith that there is ever going to be an easy way to get plat without a credit card so i will just keep clicking the tapjow wall hoping there is some new adds to get plat.

Lesrider
03-09-2011, 07:34 AM
I thought android doesn't get as many tapjoy offers as iOS does?
Or has that changed?

Here's the quote:

Pocket Legends also utilizes advertising to generate revenue, and Spacetime has seen the same effect there: Android users click ads about three times as much as iOS users, according to Spacetime's measurements. What's more, they end up making purchases as a result of ad clickthroughs twice as often as iOS users.
"This led us to stop advertising on Apple and throw all of our marketing dollars onto Android," Gattis says. "It really just makes sense from a financial point of view."

I thought STS has no control over the tapjoy wall offers? So what marketing dollars would they be talking about here? Sounds like they might just mean ads on websites. I dunno. I've just never seen actual ads on PL, so it's confusing.

PLaCiD
03-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Some of the people in the comments of that article are so full it crap it's unbelievable lol

thugimmortal
03-09-2011, 07:52 AM
I thought android doesn't get as many tapjoy offers as iOS does?
Or has that changed?

Here's the quote:

Pocket Legends also utilizes advertising to generate revenue, and Spacetime has seen the same effect there: Android users click ads about three times as much as iOS users, according to Spacetime's measurements. What's more, they end up making purchases as a result of ad clickthroughs twice as often as iOS users.
"This led us to stop advertising on Apple and throw all of our marketing dollars onto Android," Gattis says. "It really just makes sense from a financial point of view."

I thought STS has no control over the tapjoy wall offers? So what marketing dollars would they be talking about here? Sounds like they might just mean ads on websites. I dunno. I've just never seen actual ads on PL, so it's confusing.

Yeah just read that again it cant be tapjoy they are talking about it sounds more like website adds.
and tapjoy on android does not have as many apps as ios