PDA

View Full Version : Pvp leaderboards

Mikeylito
03-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Okay so im a new player to PL (Hi all) and i love pvp. I looked at the leaderboards the other day and noticed it will take a whole bunch of catching up to make it on that list. Totally not fair to the new players coming into PVP and want some recognition. This also discourages new people from joining in because they see no point to pvp. So i have a few suggestions.

1. Make the pvp leaderboard section seasonal where after a certain amount of time everyones total kills resets. So at the end of the season the number 1 player will maybe be put in the hall-of-fame(If you want a hall-of-fame). The best pvp at that certain era will be recognized and feared whuahahahahaha.
2. Or you can take the current pvp Leaderboards now and reset it, and do this every new level cap(or whenever you feel fit.)

Doing this encourages new players into the pvp world and at the same time, if they are doing really good, be recognized for there work. It would also encourage old players to start off fresh and once again prove their worth. Kinda like sports, every year you start off fresh and The defending champ must hold on to their title!

This opens up all kinds of ideas. Like maybe having a section in leaderboards of all the previous winners in the pvp seasons. You can still keep the overall kill rankings or do away with it. This will bring out the competition of all old and new pvp players. Please see this through Devs!!!

What do you guys think?
Does anybody else like this idea?

Christina
03-11-2011, 04:38 AM
-10 to ur feedback..

Fatpigwarrior
03-11-2011, 04:53 AM
this idea is one of the worst ive heard i wouldnt bother even arguing this

Royce
03-11-2011, 08:52 AM
I think many would oppose eliminating the overall leaders, but adding a new category for current monthly leaders or something would be okay.

skimmey
03-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Yap just delete leader every 3 months but let ppl keep their kills

BeardedBear
03-11-2011, 09:56 AM
I could care less either way, but what about those people who PVP nonstop and have 8+ months of kills racked up to stay on the leaderboards?

Beanmachine
03-12-2011, 12:48 AM
i have learnt that older players get advantage by playing longer and before new people so -1

Frenzyn
03-12-2011, 08:54 AM
This could honestly the worst suggestion i've heard.
Why would they reset the leaderboards just because you joined pl and u want a chance?
What about the next person who joins? will they have to do it to them, also?
If they did reset it, you'd probably get beat up in the parking lot by everyone who was on those leaderboards.

Jespo
03-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Umm no need to flame him.. But I don't think anyone really cares much for being on leaderboards anymore. And if the Devs were to take some idea into consideration it should be something like since it is a 5lvl range above and below you to join the pvp games then the leaderboards could have leaders for different levels. Right? Again I don't care I'm just swingin ideas out there :p

Physiologic
03-12-2011, 02:17 PM
To top PvPers, the leaderboards are their lives. If you take it away from them, they will die like snowmen approaching springtime.

Pharcyde
03-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Hmmm... I would say -1 to this idea because it distorts the point of a leaderboard in the first place.

I think your suggestion would be more widely accepted if you suggest like a seasonal contest. Like once a month for two weeks, a special PvP server opened up, only the first 500 applicants get into it that round, and at the end of two weeks, there would be rewards for the top ranked players that round. Then the next round would start next month and last for two weeks again.

That suggestion allows a "seasonal best" feel and leaves the leaderboards untouched as they are right now. Not a bad idea actually, sparks competition amongst players and a opportunity for the devs to run more contests with prizes.

Spygun
03-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Lol,I like this post

Spygun
03-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Yah I like this post :PPP

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 08:03 PM
To top PvPers, the leaderboards are their lives. If you take it away from them, they will die like snowmen approaching springtime.

Hey -.-... not true...

Physiologic
03-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Hey -.-... not true...

Hey if I were on the leaderboards, I'd get pissed off :p

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Hey if I were on the leaderboards, I'd get pissed off :p

Yeah, but it's not my life... I nearly retired Ladylove in pvp... Tired off all the OP birds kicking my butt and I can't afford MM wand and bracer.

Physiologic
03-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Yeah, but it's not my life... I nearly retired Ladylove in pvp... Tired off all the OP birds kicking my butt and I can't afford MM wand and bracer.

Fine, then everyone on the PL leaderboards minus LadyLove :D

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Fine, then everyone on the PL leaderboards minus LadyLove :D

Hehe I'm special.

hawkei
03-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Hehe I'm special.

Yes you are ;)

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Yes you are ;)

Thanks!!!!

hawkei
03-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks!!!!

Np:) Bad special

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Np:) Bad special

I am not a bad kind of special!!

hawkei
03-16-2011, 09:47 PM
I am not a bad kind of special!!

Jk your the good kind of special :D Just tell her what she wants to here hawkeyi or she might kick me^^ in my baby making spot D:

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Jk your the good kind of special :D Just tell her what she wants to here hawkeyi or she might kick me^^ in my baby making spot D:

-Kicks Hamman in the baby maker-

hawkei
03-16-2011, 10:05 PM
I was wearing a cup, but....... OMFG OOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 10:07 PM
I was wearing a cup, but....... OMFG OOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like it wasn't on all the way :/

hawkei
03-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Looks like it wasn't on all the way :/

I feel guilt in that post :D

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 10:10 PM
I feel guilt in that post :D

Lolll. Love you, HAMMAN.

hawkei
03-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Lolll. Love you, HAMMAN.

Pfft who doesn't? :p

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Pfft who doesn't? :p

Well... ;)

HAMMAN, I feel like you and I manage to hijack every thread we post on...

hawkei
03-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Well... ;)

HAMMAN, I feel like you and I manage to hijack every thread we post on...
Lol seems true dont it :D

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Lol seems true dont it :D

'Tis very true.

hawkei
03-16-2011, 10:15 PM
'Tis very true.

Every time I go to a thread I ignore the title and talk to you lol
People beware of the hijacking duo.....

Ladylove
03-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Every time I go to a thread I ignore the title and talk to you lol
People beware of the hijacking duo.....

OMG ikr lol. I totally forget the name of the thread. I just skip to the end.

giayuan
03-17-2011, 12:01 AM
You two lovers completely trashed this thread. *points to dark corner*

Ladylove
03-17-2011, 08:50 PM
You two lovers completely trashed this thread. *points to dark corner*

Pfft lovers. We're like BFF teehee

Mikeylito
03-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Back to the topic
Putting up a seasonal pvp leaderboard will change things up for the best. Everyone keeps talking about how pvp is dying off, yet nobody is doing anything about it. You dont have to get rid of the old leaderboards people so stop flaming me about that. I suggest just making a seasonal PVP leaderboard IN ADDITION to the old leaderboards. This way you'll see alot more enthusiasm from new players, too get on that new seasonal list. Therefore increasing the population of players for pvp.

I dont see any way how my idea can hurt PL. Its plain and simple. But hey nobody wants to listen, they just whine how dead pvp is and no rewards blah blah blah. How about coming up with ideas yourself instead of whining, and flaming other peoples post. Seeing how my idea can cause no harm WHAT-SO-EVER, i feel I have contributed. Take it as you will -12 -100 +200 I dont care. Hopefully a dev will see this and say " Hey that lito person has a good idea, this won't cause any harm so why not try adding a seasonal leaderboard." Then see where it goes from there. ~Peace n Love~