PDA

View Full Version : Character Change

DanielRH
03-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi all :)

I think the ability to character change should be added...

My main is a lvl 51 (currently) Mage, I would actualy much rather have a bird...

So maybe (like the name change) the devs could add a character change? I'd happily pay 50 plat or more to do this...

And don't flame me for this thread, I'm lazy lol :)

Anyone else think this would be nice?

Echelong
03-09-2011, 01:43 PM
A lot of games do this WoW from what I've been told after I left did the same thing. Nice suggestion. I don't think I will every level another character though lol.

hawkei
03-09-2011, 02:01 PM
These would be used as frequently as respects

Echelong
03-09-2011, 02:03 PM
These would be used as frequently as respects

No if they apply that they would have to make it high price and restricted somehow by time or times you could do it. But yeah it would be a good source of revenue to STS lol

Doubletime
03-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Make it cost a few hundred plat and I doubt it will get abused. I'm like Echelong. I'm a little nutty right now from trying to level my 55 bird to 56and I doubt I will ever make another new character to take all the way to the max. I just make twinks now. And I don't even want to think about leveling my other two 50s right now. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

And if it was available, I would probably use it at least once or twice.

superglut2
03-09-2011, 02:24 PM
I would like it for like 100 plat

MoarPewPew
03-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Wow changes the gender/race not the class.

I don't like this idea. :(

If we could change our toons class then how would we beable to develop any type of skill/experience by learning how the class plays through leveling.

Leveling up a toon teaches you how to properly play it over time.

DanielRH
03-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Yes, but I'm an old player, I have played all the characters multiple times (many different chars) and I know how to play each one.

I would love to be able to change class.

Cmandial
03-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Wow changes the gender/race not the class.

I don't like this idea. :(

If we could change our toons class then how would we beable to develop any type of skill/experience by learning how the class plays through leveling.

Leveling up a toon teaches you how to properly play it over time.

What he said

IamBored
03-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Imagine one day when you log into PL and all you see are BIRDS.

Kossi
03-10-2011, 04:18 PM
i actually dont like this idea, and the fact of it costing plat.

rocket
03-10-2011, 07:39 PM
imagine one day when you log into pl and all you see are birds.

l o l

DanielRH
03-11-2011, 12:11 AM
IamBored - rofl :) then I'd stay a Mage! The one and only awesome Msgr in PL! If a I saw where birds, I would be in such high demand as a Mage that people would pay ME to play! Lol :)

Kossi - would u like if it was free? Anyways... This would be a GREAT money maker for STS!

Pharcyde
03-11-2011, 02:06 AM
Sorry, but I disagree with this idea.

Real life comparison - If everyone had a fairy that they could pay "Fairy money" to change themselves into the perfect and most attractive human being, everyone would. So you would see like hundreds of thousands of Leonardo Decaprio's running around and he would not be so unique anymore. Everyone would just imitate the perfect in that moment and change to the next perfect that comes along.

PL verson - Bird dominates PvP - Everyone goes bird.
Warrior gets a huge bonus and dominates both PvE and PvP - Everyone goes bear.
Mage suddenly gets a insane range and armor increase, and is now the new "Queen" of PvP - Everyone goes mage.

The only reason why this game has a still slightly large diversity in the characters is that people don't like to change once they have done all the work. Because changing requires doing all the work again. So someone will stay with the less dominant class just because it means not having to do the work all over again.

Thedexeagle
03-11-2011, 03:04 AM
I don't like this idea as well. The whole point of this game is trying out each character and making then each max lvl. IamBored, why 1 day all birds not like mages or warriors or something like that.