PDA

View Full Version : How to make a constructive post on forums.

obee
02-15-2015, 10:07 PM
So lately, STS has been removing a bunch of threads and they have been labeling them as "non-constructive". While this is very annoying, we might as well work our way around it. Here are some tips to keep your post from getting you an infraction.

Don't use profanity, insults, or anything that is considered harmful. Not only are these things against the rules, it can get you an infraction or a ban. Here's an example.

The wrong way to post: "I am very pissed that this jerk face doesn't agree with me, and that he sucks at this game." This person has clearly broken the rules with insults and profanity.
The right way to post: I see that we disagree, but you should put more points in this build." This is not harmful, and the person is listening to what the other has to say.

Stay on topic. A lot of times we tend to fall off the subject, and talk about something totally different from the OP.

The wrong way to post: (The OP talks about the economy failing) "I want to buy an arcane ring, can someone lend me 30 million?" While this has a little bit to do with the economy, this is just person begging, and this has no insight on the economy's issues.
The right way to post: "I agree, the economy just has simply too many items. Mythic items are being released to soon, and not enough gold is circulating." This post is on topic, and it provides insight to the issue.

Report the bad posts, and ignore them. A lot of times, a troll can hijack a thread, easily getting it locked up. Don't feed the troll, and just report and ignore. If you argue with them, you satisfy their purpose, and you create a senseless arguement which is off topic.
Don't mention other people's names. A lot of scammer threads or hacking threads involve lots of accusations and name calling. If you do this, STS is likely to lock your thread, since it is against the rules. Save the pictures and the accusations for support, and your thread will stay on forums.

The wrong way to post: "Obee is a scammer, look at our conversation!." This person clearly calls out a name, and provides pictures that are not for the public.
The right way to post: "**** scammed me. I'm going to email support!" The name is censored, so you don't know who it is, and the pictures are saved for STS to deal with.

If you follow these tips, you can avoid getting your posts removed on forums!
Obee, the fun-loving mage.

cami
02-15-2015, 10:32 PM
Yes, this guy says some similar too http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?153068-Read-Before-Posting

ClumsyCactus
02-15-2015, 10:35 PM
OR you can just avoid to post threads that STS see as people being rebellic and will shut down with no reply or explanation anyway.
But I'm pretty sure the POINT of the forums was to express yourselves to STS, so why the censorships??
(Think that this qualifies as a post i will get atleast a warning for)

obee
02-16-2015, 07:06 AM

Haligali
02-16-2015, 08:03 AM
lmfao

obee
02-16-2015, 08:09 AM
Pretty ironic XD

Hail
02-16-2015, 08:09 AM
ram ram

#ramram

Starkinea
02-16-2015, 08:21 AM
:eagerness:

obee
02-16-2015, 02:02 PM
Thanks whoever cleared the thread lol

cami
02-16-2015, 02:25 PM
Bprufffhahahhaa XD This thread make me laugh a lot :livid:

Leambow
02-16-2015, 02:27 PM
Good thread obee, this should be a player guide

obee
02-16-2015, 02:52 PM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/baseball-bat-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)
This made me die

Trenton
02-16-2015, 04:22 PM
This made me die
Yet you still posted :(