PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Change to Skills: Global Cool-Down

Pages : 1 [2]

Lesrider
03-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Also a lot more "Rez please" from people who don't realize that they have to wait because of the cooldowns.

Hullukko
03-16-2011, 10:32 AM
If mages have to choose between healing and nuking, I predict there will be a lot more dying in this game :P

On top of that since this is a change made in this way, this will also be an excuse not to heal like before.
I can imagine "heal plz" messages being replied with "email support@sts". :)

StompArtist
03-16-2011, 10:33 AM
On top of that since this is a change made in this way, this will also be an excuse not to heal like before.
I can imagine "heal plz" messages being replied with "email support@sts". :)

Dunno people will have to move in slower a bit and think things through a bit more before rushing in. This could add to the strategic aspect of the game which is real deficient right now... Could be a really good thing after all.

Kindread
03-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Also a lot more "Rez please" from people who don't realize that they have to wait because of the cooldowns.

0.5 seconds.

Riccits
03-16-2011, 10:38 AM
0.5 seconds.

i often have to wait more than that lol, rev is the last problem, more problem is when i want to vaporize a crowd before the vaporize me...

Lesrider
03-16-2011, 11:30 AM
My point is, people will have to choose between attacking, healing, and reviving in those .5 seconds. What do you think they'll choose?

Echelong
03-16-2011, 12:11 PM
My point is, people will have to choose between attacking, healing, and reviving in those .5 seconds. What do you think they'll choose?

Well most will most likely keep nuking and die eventually, I have been a healer in all MMOs I have played so I will probably do the same I do now rev, wait for the player to comeback to live and then heal him.

But sadly it will be as you predict for a lot of mages. Some don't even have a rev skill O.o

lilbyrdie
03-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Most of the discussions still seems to revolve around one assumption:

That the developers aren't going to balance PvE for this change.

Has there been any indication that they won't balance PvE? The only indication that I saw (from the 3/10 update by Cinco) was that they are considering at least one change to balance the increased challenge.

I just hope they keep it balanced towards fast, distracted mobile play. e.g. Playing on a 5 minute coffee break, not in a dedicated multi-hour gaming session.

Yoshura
03-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Another idea, make it an option when you create a game you can choose to have it on or off just like the level limit. If not I think it would ruin bears and then there would be no tanks. We'll see a major increase in these mages that call themselves "paladins" but can't even heal their team.

giayuan
03-16-2011, 11:25 PM
Another idea, make it an option when you create a game you can choose to have it on or off just like the level limit. If not I think it would ruin bears and then there would be no tanks. We'll see a major increase in these mages that call themselves "paladins" but can't even heal their team.

yeah.. I myself am a pally and after EVERYTHING, EVERY combo, i spam a heal, which is at lvl6, so fast cooldown. but even with this heal spam, i can already imagine myself feeling like theres lag when its just the cooldown..

BuLLitz
03-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Diplomacy aside....

I got an idea...

Lets add crafting that makes gear worse than what we started with. Forget about how much effort can go into crafting a complete set.
Lets add levels that are impossible to achieve (unless you started out with a lot of gold from farming caves during the lucrative era and can xp pot all day long or can spend 8 hours a day farming). I certainly can't afford the elixers AND buy gear. Heck... I can't do either. 80,000 XP? RLY? 900,000 for a shield? RLY?
Speaking of gear, lets limit the drops so that a complete set of armor and weapons costs about 2 million in gold (which is equivalant to more than $700 if you were to buy Platinum to by that Gold).
Lets make it so that a player can go from level 53 to 56 (no simple task) and not get a single pink item.
Lets create a bunch of new quests in the lower levels so that 50+ players flood CS with sub 50 gear further damaging the economy.
Lets get rid of XP in the most difficult map(s) in the game (caves).

Lets make being a bear or bird basically worthless. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY MAGE! A group of mages can clear a map pretty quick... can a group of bears? Doesn't that put bears at a disadvantage in gold and drops? I am quite certain it does. Who wants a party of bears? There's always room for another mage...

And finally, lets make it even more time consuming to gain XP by slowing game play and removing the one feature that gives bears its strength. Lets remove the bears ability to evade/taunt/beckon/stomp. We are only lowly bears... who cares?

I am fortunate in that I have received more than my share of pinks (qty wise) in the sewers compared to other players but has it been enough for me to acquire the gear I want or need? Not even close.
I've had 3 or 4 drops and have been doing sewers since it came out. Is that a lot of drops? Yeah..., it is, if you talk to the many people who have had NONE.

Are you making the game better or worse for the new people trying to get to the top or are you focused on slowing the top down? Your changes are having adverse effects on the game despite your best intentions. How is it affecting the new players?
I would NOT want to be a new player in this game... and in fact, am questioning whether I want to continue playing it at all.
Do I want to spend months trying to acquire a shield for my bear that costs 900,000 in gold?

Do I think any of this will get changed any time soon?
No... not rly.

What's next, 120,000xp levels and even less drops? An even more immasculated bear?
Ooooh... can't wait.

If you aren't going to fix any of that, how about you fix some of the bugs instead?
"Recuve" Bow... rly? You haven't noticed that? How long is it going to say that?

There is a lot you can be doing with UI... how about working on that too.

Kindread
03-17-2011, 11:52 AM
I don't get the argument regarding pink prices. I they're expensive, it means you get to sell your pinks for more when they drop for you. It's all relative. Doesn't change the game one bit what the prices are unless you plan to purchase pink solely based on the gold you farm from mobs. Am I the only one that realizes this?

Echelong
03-17-2011, 12:02 PM
OMG where do I start....

Diplomacy aside....

I got an idea...

Lets add crafting that makes gear worse than what we started with. Forget about how much effort can go into crafting a complete set. I agree with you on this one for most sets
Lets add levels that are impossible to achieve (unless you started out with a lot of gold from farming caves during the lucrative era and can xp pot all day long or can spend 8 hours a day farming). I certainly can't afford the elixers AND buy gear. Heck... I can't do either. 80,000 XP? RLY? 900,000 for a shield? RLY? You could make a lot of money by watching the CS carefully and buying low selling high this is how I have made most of my money since my luck with pinks is hardly good
Speaking of gear, lets limit the drops so that a complete set of armor and weapons costs about 2 million in gold (which is equivalant to more than $700 if you were to buy Platinum to by that Gold). Gld exchange is ridiculous but read my previous statment
Lets make it so that a player can go from level 53 to 56 (no simple task) and not get a single pink item. Can be hard but a good group can clear a whole map in less than 5 minutes a great group in less than 4 including bosses if you kill enough you will get a pink or two
Lets create a bunch of new quests in the lower levels so that 50+ players flood CS with sub 50 gear further damaging the economy. This will always happen in MMOs they are just trying to giving the new players a better experience
Lets get rid of XP in the most difficult map(s) in the game (caves). meh I guess I'm neutral on this one

Lets make being a bear or bird basically worthless. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY MAGE! A group of mages can clear a map pretty quick... can a group of bears? Doesn't that put bears at a disadvantage in gold and drops? I am quite certain it does. Who wants a party of bears? There's always room for another mage...Hardly my guess is you have never played with a bear like Elly, persistent, Moog and many others bears that know what they are doing help speed up the runs by a lot and archers useless? you must be joking they are the best at pvp in the right hands (not mine) and they can make the fastest run even without a mage

And finally, lets make it even more time consuming to gain XP by slowing game play and removing the one feature that gives bears its strength. Lets remove the bears ability to evade/taunt/beckon/stomp. We are only lowly bears... who cares? The GCD is still in the works we have to wait and see and then test it to see how will it affect the changes

I am fortunate in that I have received more than my share of pinks (qty wise) in the sewers compared to other players but has it been enough for me to acquire the gear I want or need? Not even close.
I've had 3 or 4 drops and have been doing sewers since it came out. Is that a lot of drops? Yeah..., it is, if you talk to the many people who have had NONE. I do have bad luck with pinks from 21 pinks that I have seen drop I only got one and it was a mega mage cowl which is almost worthless

Are you making the game better or worse for the new people trying to get to the top or are you focused on slowing the top down? Your changes are having adverse effects on the game despite your best intentions. How is it affecting the new players?
I would NOT want to be a new player in this game... and in fact, am questioning whether I want to continue playing it at all.
Do I want to spend months trying to acquire a shield for my bear that costs 900,000 in gold?

Do I think any of this will get changed any time soon?
No... not rly.

What's next, 120,000xp levels and even less drops? An even more immasculated bear? The next level will be about 8,600 exp and the lvl 56 cap will be reduced to 8,300 it is now an elite cap that has 10 times the experienced requiered after the next expansion it will change to 1/10
Ooooh... can't wait.

If you aren't going to fix any of that, how about you fix some of the bugs instead?
"Recuve" Bow... rly? You haven't noticed that? How long is it going to say that? LOL never saw that good eye

There is a lot you can be doing with UI... how about working on that too.

Hayabusaz
03-17-2011, 12:03 PM
This ain't cool , you've already slowed down our shooting rate , and now potion and skill rate ? We are gonna die too easier in PvE ... !

But for PvP .. Maybe it's good ;)

Devs don't for PvE ... NO !

Echelong
03-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Guys please read the 3/10 update Cinco posted they are trying to balance things out.

- Cinco

Testing Update (3.10.2011) - played (PVE only) with global cool-down times at ~0.50 seconds quite a bit this morning. Overall the combat requires significantly more skill and more strategy. As far as I'm concerned that's a really, really good thing! Right now I'm considering increases to player damage (all classes)... but it's not certain. We still have a lot more multiplayer testing to do (to discern how much damage a well-geared group can do now that we have GCD).

BuLLitz
03-17-2011, 12:06 PM
1) Not everyone gets pink drops to sell. Thats the point.
2) You cannot trade up sub-50 pinks (worthless) for 50+ pinks (over-priced)
3) Ever increasing price differences between sub-50, 50, and 50+ pinks.

StompArtist
03-17-2011, 12:07 PM

And this relates to global cool down... how?

BuLLitz
03-17-2011, 12:18 PM
And this relates to global cool down... how?

It was a response to Morawk...

karmakali
03-17-2011, 12:27 PM
@buLLitz- I think you put diplomacy too far aside...
Emasculated bear rant aside.... I have been paying more attention to my in game play and a 0.5 cool down is not that far off from what I am doing now. I do think it will bring a challenge to teams to time skills and work together more. I think the devs are right in finding ways to make the game more challenging.
Also....some of the best players I know are bears and birds!
Like Physiologic said....its not about the best gear its about how you play in the gear you have.

Luchta
03-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Tap 4 skills, imagine they will finish casting in 2 seconds. Now, be honest to yourself, count how many of your skills/combo attempts miss in a dungeon raid in a full party. The way I see it, there's more skills missed than there's actually used. The mobs and dungeons are kids play. I see a lot of people complaining when devs plan to mature/upgrade the gameplay. I guess we'll never be able to move on if we can't adapt to whatever change but surely, there's a lot of new phone owners everyday leveling their way to the top of the food chain. My 2 cents.

StompArtist
03-17-2011, 12:35 PM
I think there is a lot of overreacting here... I do not see how any of you folks can spam skills within 0.5 seconds and actually plan anything. This is a good thing else they might as well just make one big button that does all the skills in one go...

Echelong
03-17-2011, 12:38 PM
I think there is a lot of overreacting here... I do not see how any of you folks can spam skills within 0.5 seconds and actually plan anything. This is a good thing else they might as well just make one big button that does all the skills in one go...

I like it lol...

/jk just in case

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Tap 4 skills, imagine they will finish casting in 2 seconds. Now, be honest to yourself, count how many of your skills/combo attempts miss in a dungeon raid in a full party. The way I see it, there's more skills missed than there's actually used. The mobs and dungeons are kids play. I see a lot of people complaining when devs plan to mature/upgrade the gameplay. I guess we'll never be able to move on if we can't adapt to whatever change but surely, there's a lot of new phone owners everyday leveling their way to the top of the food chain. My 2 cents.

I don't see how your argument is FOR GDC. If skills/combos are unsuccessful when they can all be executed one after another, what makes you think that there'd be a higher chance of success when people have to wait to fire off their skills? Like, if you see someone use the first half of a combo, but you need to heal or Rez, or whatnot, you won't be able to finish that combo before the first half of it has dissipated.
If anything, I'd imagine more unsuccessful combos this way.

Raevynne
03-17-2011, 12:40 PM
I totally agree with this! For those who don't know me, my main character Raevynne is a lvl 55 str/dex pally mage and my lvl 50 bear alt is Raevynnbear. I am one of the unfortunate ones who have YET to get a pink in the sewers. WTF. It's not like I'm lazy by any means and it is frustrating when others get 5 pinks in a row while I'm struggling to get pots for lvlg. Like Bullitz said, the bears are no longer given right to be effective tanks. hence why my poor bear is still alvl 55. I love my warrior mage but it's sad when I become a tank for a group. Bears are here for a reason. I use my mage to kick butt, spam heal my teams (especially the bears and the poor birds since their armor is practically non existent and to have fun with making the screen turn pretty colors with my spells. Exactly how is the cool down supposed to help anything? improve on the things that matter, not the lil things. Making a game fun and challenging is not the same and making the impossible. Make it worth the time we put into it.

Kindread
03-17-2011, 12:41 PM

Farm til you get one. It's the same for everybody.

serulean
03-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Cinco, great idea and glad to hear you are going to implement GCD. would love to help you test things out if you need an extra helping hand :)

Luchta
03-17-2011, 02:15 PM
I don't see how your argument is FOR GDC. If skills/combos are unsuccessful when they can all be executed one after another, what makes you think that there'd be a higher chance of success when people have to wait to fire off their skills? Like, if you see someone use the first half of a combo, but you need to heal or Rez, or whatnot, you won't be able to finish that combo before the first half of it has dissipated.
If anything, I'd imagine more unsuccessful combos this way.

You do know everyone can fire or use their skills/combo all the at same time right? Same game play, just adding a few miliseconds between your skills?

The way I see it, adding a few miliseconds between each individual player's skill is no big deal.

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 02:46 PM
You do know everyone can fire or use their skills/combo all the at same time right? Same game play, just adding a few miliseconds between your skills?

The way I see it, adding a few miliseconds between each individual player's skill is no big deal.

Like I said, mages will have to choose between healing, reving and completing a combo (not to mention buffs/debuffs). Right now, they can do all of them without having to sacrifice one over the other. Having to wait half a second between each casting is not quite the same as being able to fire off lightning, heal, and rev in a row, and so on...

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 02:48 PM

Like I said, mages will have to choose between healing, reving and completing a combo (not to mention buffs/debuffs). Right now, they can do all of them without having to sacrifice one over the other. Having to wait half a second between each casting is not quite the same as being able to fire off lightning, heal, and rev in a row, and so on...

Lesrider
03-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Sorry for the double post... Why can't I delete one of them? Has that option been removed?

StompArtist
03-17-2011, 02:53 PM
test delete post

Echelong
03-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Sorry for the double post... Why can't I delete one of them? Has that option been removed?

well triple since you made this one...

don't think you can delete posts made on threads started by devs. Dunno why.

StompArtist
03-17-2011, 02:54 PM
test delete post

Confirm no delete post option.

noneo
03-17-2011, 02:56 PM
This thread is so long and off topic. Perhaps we should wait until it is released and then offer constructive criticism?

FluffNStuff
03-17-2011, 03:03 PM
This thread is so long and off topic. Perhaps we should wait until it is released and then offer constructive criticism?

Or perhaps when Cinco updates, instead of updating this one, he could start a new thread and lock this. That way the information stays fresh and there is less speculating on stuff already stated.

Luchta
03-18-2011, 05:18 AM

Although I've been in this scenario before, I'd take that you would be playing with level 30's in the sewers for this to happen each time? I make sure I raid/farm with people who deserve my presence.

I don't understand why there's so much pressure on everyone when there's no de-leveling penalty in PvE and you can choose the people you raid with. There's still more instances to go around.

Like what others mentioned, it will take more than multi skill tapping techniques when a GCD is implemented. PvE will be interesting and I hope others would discourage leeching at the same time. I always try to make sure I'm not the only one who knows how to play the game when I farm or level.

Pharcyde
03-18-2011, 11:54 PM
I stopped even posting in this one, because it got soo off topic and confuzzling.

Maybe we should take this to a new player made thread with all data stated?

Luchta
03-19-2011, 05:06 AM
Pharcyde: Agree!

Djinn80
03-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Have you ever pvped while lagging? A few miliseconds between skills is what happens - thats totally cool. If thats the case, all for it.

Beez
03-21-2011, 06:14 AM
This has been up for close to two weeks now and sorry but I didnt read every page (29 pages is a little obnoxious) Anyways this needs to happen. I have noticed the button spamming happens often. All a group of mages need to do is wait for their cooldowns to be up and blast 2-3 groups of mobs and repeat. Its kinda sad that you can run the new dungeons in less than 5 minutes. Granted the gear is better but even from release they have been super weak and stupid because of the fire traps.

Also... a cooldown pot timer needs to be added. To think that i can set my mage up for 43% crit and 17m/s and survive and never go OOM is a little sad. So I have a full fury set (which is kinda pointless) and then a full rooter set for bosses. Im never OOM, and if something happens I can use 5-10 pots by just spamming. I was under the impression that pots should be support not the primary tool. It really is sad that the game is geared towards gimping the players when you cant really tell the great players from the ones who read a guide online.

It will lead to more and more people quitting until we are left with the idiots who do not know how to really play. I can already tell by the lack of bears in BS that it is starting. Also the fact that when you are in a roach group and the noobs kill the barrels when they respawn... It is all pointing towards the end.

please MAKE THIS GAME CHALLENGING!

HorizonSon
03-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Confession: I only read the first few pages before I couldn't take reading it anymore, LOLz...

Yes; a majority of mmo's have some sort of "GCD"; many (post triggered skill cool downs) are built into the individual skill being cast (better imho, than a generic gcd, but more complicated)... Assuming the GCD is just long enough, and only long enough, to stop multi-skill spamming; I'm 100% behind it, regardless of the purposed reasons... people; you seem to be missing that this GCD will have very very little effect; 99.44% of the time, for "skilled players" as opposed to the "played skillers" (button mashers)...
As an enchantress as my primarily played character, I do not anticipate any problems. If I don't time my skills right, and just spam, of be doing less damage and more putting; period. I time attacks to maximize my combo opportunities via my skills alone and with my party member's skill casts... The only "spamming" that will be legitimately effected will be our buffs and debuffs. Not being able to BOOM with all buffs or debuffs will kinda suck (like a Hoover). But, I can handle it. Again; it's only 0.25~0.50 seconds, LOLz...

Furthermore; I'm sick and tired of accidently using 2~3 pots at once, on accident, because of a spot of lag or because my finger hovered too close, lol. If there was just like a one second CD for pots, it would make the game more challenging, fun, and less fustrating (for me).

Junside
03-21-2011, 05:55 PM
After some more thought put into this, I am in support of this idea. It should allow for people to actually use some more strategy into their choice of order their skills will be used.

Kossi
03-21-2011, 06:02 PM
so...when is this cooldown?

Plasticuproject
03-21-2011, 06:07 PM
This worries me. My 3g connection is usually poor on my Android and I suffer from chronic lag, so my skill timing is sometimes a bit off. Will my cool-down lag as well? With a. 5 sec cool-down I'm afraid it will take me 3 seconds to cast a spell.

Ballsssssss
03-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Good idea the game is already amazing and I didn't know there was any way to make it better but this takes the cake

hoola
03-27-2011, 01:43 PM
I am ready for this to be added NOW. I think a ( tiny) cooldown will make for better more involved gameplay. using combo actually made me (learn) my own cooldown anyways. we should have a. SUPER COMBO queue ability button so we could hit the combo queue button then the abilities in question (in order) . the buttons would grey out until cooldown and ability is released. that would be coooooool for solo or boss runs. the longer the SUPER COMBO is the longer tike until combo is activated. it would be great because if you don't (learn) how to set the combo up u could waste a 3 ability combo on already dead animal's. hehe I want want want it. give me credit for SUPER COMBOS! lol

p.s. I really do love the game. alot

HOOLASKULL

SundayForever
03-28-2011, 02:30 AM
Why not apply this to pvp only and leave pve as it is right now? This could make runs a lot longer than they are now and therefore less enjoyable. I just had a flashback when Blizzard put a global cooldown on Shaman shock spells. It wasn't fun.

Necrobane
03-28-2011, 03:54 AM
Shammy shocks used to be insane lol, although in PvP ridiculously OP.

Echelong
03-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Why not apply this to pvp only and leave pve as it is right now? This could make runs a lot longer than they are now and therefore less enjoyable. I just had a flashback when Blizzard put a global cooldown on Shaman shock spells. It wasn't fun.

haha I agree I hated that moment, it made fire shock useless. But someone posted and made me remember that blizz has a short GCD for all classes that prevented them from using two spells at the same time, not to mention that there was the casting time for a lot of spells that prevented you form moving. In PL all skills are instant and can't be interrupted so I think the GCD will do more good than harm in the long way.

Ellyidol
03-28-2011, 07:20 AM
I can't wait to try this and see how things change :)

Off-topic :

But isn't that illegal? Advertising those sites.

braluk
03-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Shadow caves will need to be made easier or character damage made more powerful. Sure its a challenge to begin with, and its an elite cave so no fluff. But even with a skilled group of players, it is ridiculously expensive from all the pot burning, time consuming and just overall a map thats fun but with very little reward. Slowing down the rate at which spells are fired is going to make the map even more barren than it is today.

lilbyrdie
03-29-2011, 01:42 PM
I did some calculations. At least for a mage, a 0.5 second cool down would technically not change the overall possible skill rate. Basically, the 0.5 second cool down means you can do 2 skills per second. When you look at the per skill cool down rates and figure out how many skills per second that means*, you end up with about 1.85 per second maximum -- less than the two allowed under the GCD.

However, being so close to the peak rate does mean scheduling them properly is much more difficult. And when actually look at how they end up laying out (in time), this ends up creating some occasional gaps. That said, this is assuming all skills are being used. If you pick your favorite 10 or fewer, it gets easier. For example, I don't yet use Magic Shield and I don't spam resurrect as fast as possible. (It's side effect is said to be around 60 seconds long, and I need the revive available more than I need the side effect.)

(* For instance, heal can be done once every 3 seconds, so it eats up 0.33 "skills per second.")

Moogerfooger
03-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Dead horsie...this has been thoroughly kicked for 31 pages with dozens of scenarios discussed...it is coming, and we will see how it really is, instead all of our collective WAGs and predictions of doom and gloom, or how superawesometastic it will be.

Titang
03-30-2011, 11:01 PM
I have a suggestion that might work. How about give every player a chance to select two skills that won't be affected by this global cool down period. I mean this will make each character more unique in a way that each has their specialized skills that they are really good at. An attack mage may choose the ice and fire to be their skill of choice while a healing/defense mage may choose healing and reviving as the two skill that are not affected. This way each character could still have two skills to spam. Its like a win win situation. The developers get what they want, and we get our two spamming skills to use.
After all, a skilled character should be able to multi-task two of their best skills. Just a thought.

PhreEkGarden
03-31-2011, 10:42 AM
^^^ Seems like a decent idea.

nightwish5
04-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Well I totally agree with this modification on the skills but there's just one little issue what about the heal skill of mages I mean it's going to be kinda hard to heal party and not do any dmg would be a way to change the Mage class from being an independent class to a support class in the pve in-game experience well that my opinion hope it helps

Laviticus
04-01-2011, 11:39 PM
This is the only thing about gcd that worries me. Missing crucial heals. Some ppl would say multiple mages would cure this problem. But if they all heal at the same time it fixes nothing. I still think cool down's benefits far out weigh the bad ;)

Rusalio
04-02-2011, 12:02 AM
After the reads, I don't like the idea of this effecting pve...... It was bad enough when the change timings in 45 to 50 period just to have the changes undone. Played my bird because of that. Now I play my mage and bear. I don't care about pvp anymore, so have at it. Just don't make us casual longtime players go somewhere else because game play may slow down.

Hayabusaz
04-02-2011, 09:48 AM
this is going to rock ! :D

Pandamoni
04-02-2011, 11:21 AM
I read some of the comments but I have a short attention span so just jumped over here after page 9 or so. Sorry if I'm repeating what's been said. I have learned to play my mage by coming here and reading a ton. I'm afraid I'm going to have to relearn to play all over again. That is kind of sucky for someone who hasn't played any video games since Super Mario Brothers. I don't have experience from other MMO's to draw upon. I am going to give it a chance but I do hope it's not going to kill me a ton or cause me to have to relearn a new play style. I thought I'd give the opinion of a casual, non-gaming player. This game turned a non-gamer into someone who loves playing this game! I'm hoping the change isn't going to make it less enjoyable. Time will tell!

Tiliana
04-03-2011, 12:00 AM
It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable. I was making runs today and paying more attention to my skill timing and it wont affect my playing style in the least. There's no need to worry, the devs are not interested in losing players. It's what pays the bills. They have tested the timing and it will be just fine. It will be noticed the most in PVP and it will be a good thing there.

I think now would be a good time for everyone to have a "Who Moved My Cheese" reading party! Yay!

PhreEkGarden
04-07-2011, 04:53 AM
After the reads, I don't like the idea of this effecting pve...... It was bad enough when the change timings in 45 to 50 period just to have the changes undone. Played my bird because of that. Now I play my mage and bear. I don't care about pvp anymore, so have at it. Just don't make us casual longtime players go somewhere else because game play may slow down.

Lol a casual player with three level 55's already and a 50?? :)

F1zzzzp0p
04-09-2011, 11:04 PM
If there is global cooldown for pve the maps will get longer
So than the elixers will have less use cuz u kill less.
This is a suggestion but you could change the elixer
Time limit to 6- 8 min. Another thing u guys can
do is change the amount of monsters in some maps because
Ppl wanna farm and it takes too long. Overall I'm very excited
About it;)

F1zzzzp0p
04-09-2011, 11:10 PM
If there is global cooldown for pve the maps will get longer
So than the elixers will have less use cuz u kill less.
This is a suggestion but you could change the elixer
Time limit to 6- 8 min. Another thing u guys can
do is change the amount of monsters in some maps because
Ppl wanna farm and it takes too long. Overall I'm very excited
About it;)

XghostzX
04-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Perhaps provide a video? STS be aware that the first five minutes this update is here, there will be many flaws coming from other people. A video could really show us and then people definitely could give opinions THAT HELP US ALL. I'm sure by now, the update will be coming so a video seems kind of impossible to just throw out there for players to see. I think this could help however.

The Real Jira
04-12-2011, 10:22 PM
It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.

I beg to differ.

Blayzn
04-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Just updated and tried a keeper run in vl....wow...are you serious? It took forever! And this was an experienced group. Most def. Thumbs down!!! I only PvE...farming runs = gone, item prices will rise...no fun, how long to get to lvl 56? If this was done because ppl complained about PvP, then fix it there...not in PvE....it has destroyed my enjoyment of pocket legends. I can only say fix it by putting it back the way it was...no "new" coke...just coke "classic"...there will be unintended consequences for this that will affect the entire game.

Maynard
04-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Not a fan of GCD even a little bit. We play for fun and entertainment. GCD makes the game slow and mechanical.Please dump it or make it PVP only.

Blayzn
04-12-2011, 10:56 PM
I beg to differ.

Totally agree...not noticeable!? Seriously?! It oblitetated my playing style. Elixers time post by fizz just confirms my point...unintended consequences....it wasn't broke...don't fix it.

Draiinbamage
04-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Perhaps instead of a .5 GCD it should be something less? idk the rate.. i was trying to do runs and it was awful..
mages can't seem to cure fast enough, the game is rather slow and annoying now..
I agree this GCD should be PvP.. not PvE...
You can't go from a Ferrari to a shopping car overnight... It just doesn't make sense!

Zeus
04-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Perhaps instead of a .5 GCD it should be something less? idk the rate.. i was trying to do runs and it was awful..
mages can't seem to cure fast enough, the game is rather slow and annoying now..
I agree this GCD should be PvP.. not PvE...
You can't go from a Ferrari to a shopping car overnight... It just doesn't make sense!

I agree :D. Hopefully, they halve the GCD time.

j251413
04-13-2011, 12:33 AM
GCD makes game slow and boring. +1

piplet
04-13-2011, 06:11 AM
the facts - I'm finding the cool down is longer than .5 seconds, more like 3-5 seconds and I'm picking up more damage.

the good news - people have to play vs. being hacks (yes I used to throw everything I could as well)

Suggestion - I support the extension of time on pots, and would also like to have the debuffs not part of the GCD... just a thought as I got whipped (without pots) on AO, when I could solo previously.

Justg
04-13-2011, 06:47 AM
We've been listening, and still are. New iteration to come. We are still consolidating feedback in this thread please: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23320-Client-Update-1.7.1-is-Live!