PDA

View Full Version : Pink Drop rates

Echelong
03-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Does anyone (maybe Physio) have any clue on pink drop rates? I am asking this mostly because I have spent a great amount of time farming BS and have only gotten 3 pinks in 6 days of farming and about 18 hours of farming. Which on plasma would have given me about 1mill.

I have heard from various players receiving 3 pinks in 4 hours of farming and 1 pink about every 25 runs. The players that have farmed with me know that our runs are fast with an average time of 4 min or less on catacombs, hideout and roach, maybe a bit longer on Stronghold and less on goblin king.

Who knows maybe its because of the time I am farming which on average is after 9pm eastern time and there are a lot of players or just plain bad luck. For example I spent two hours farming last night and the group didn't get a single pink and this was non-stop farming.

What about you guys how many pinks do you receive per hour on average of farming on BS? Mine I would have to say its 16.67% of what I have received but drop rate seem higher.

Edit: Don't misunderstand I am not complaining about drop rates just making an observation and asking about the percentage that Royce cleared (1%) Sorry if its misleading but English is not my first language but as always I do try to get better.

Royce
03-10-2011, 08:26 AM
I think the BS boss drop rate for pinks seems to he about 1% or so, with some bosses like GF seeming to drop pinks s little more often than others like the king and queen. It would take an enormous volume of data to get an accurate number when it is as low as that, but around 1% is my guess.

Acyer
03-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Tbh I have seen 2 pinks drop while leveling 2 characters from 50-55. Either it's bad luck or horrible drop rates that's up to you to decide i just like to see greens drop from trash mobs so i can afford or atleast break even on the pots.

Echelong
03-10-2011, 08:34 AM
I think the BS boss drop rate for pinks seems to he about 1% or so, with some bosses like GF seeming to drop pinks s little more often than others like the king and queen. It would take an enormous volume of data to get an accurate number when it is as low as that, but around 1% is my guess.

Seems about right if the average run is 4 min that means 15 runs per hour and on 18 hours that would do 270 runs and getting 3 pinks on 270 would net a 1.11% drop rate. hope calculations are right or Physio would cruel blast me.

Like always Royce you seem to be right hehe. You need to make a vid like Physio so I can keep on learning about enchantresses. You had a very good run on that vid and I always try to get better with every run.

Riccits
03-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Does anyone (maybe Physio) have any clue on pink drop rates? I am asking this mostly because I have spent a great amount of time farming BS and have only gotten 3 pinks in 6 days of farming and about 18 hours of farming. Which on plasma would have given me about 1mill.

I have heard from various players receiving 3 pinks in 4 hours of farming and 1 pink about every 25 runs. The players that have farmed with me know that our runs are fast with an average time of 4 min or less on catacombs, hideout and roach, maybe a bit longer on Stronghold and less on goblin king.

Who knows maybe its because of the time I am farming which on average is after 9pm eastern time and there are a lot of players or just plain bad luck. For example I spent two hours farming last night and the group didn't get a single pink and this was non-stop farming.

What about you guys how many pinks do you receive per hour on average of farming on BS? Mine I would have to say its 16.67% of what I have received but drop rate seem higher.

OMG! u got 3 pinks in a week?? i get in average 1 pink every 25h-30h of playing. Badtee told me he got no pinks since 12 days and hes playing all the time... so ur VERY LUCKY!

ya the personal drop rate is about 1%. every 100 games 1 pink is ~true. 2% means 1 pink in 50 games, thats defintely no the case of most ppl.

Echelong
03-10-2011, 08:39 AM
OMG! u got 3 pinks in a week?? i get in average 1 pink every 25h-30h of playing. Badtee told me he got no pinks since 12 days and hes playing all the time... so ur VERY LUCKY!

ya the personal drop rate is about 1%. every 100 games 1 pink is ~true. 2% means 1 pink in 50 games, thats defintely no the case of most ppl.

yeah I was playing with Tee too. To bad there aren't any mods to record drop rates like WoW had but maybe thats a good thing.

Doubletime
03-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Echelong I am seeing on average one or two pink drops a day. I got a Mega Mage Robe last night (first in three days) on a run with Physio, Apollo, Ellyidol, and Yanis. Recipe drops are a little more rare than that it seems, with one dropping every two days or so. I have been steady running about 25-30 runs in Hideout and Catacombs a day.

I actually thought the drops may have increased a little since the last patch, but I could just be with some parties that are getting lucky.

Echelong
03-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Echelong I am seeing on average one or two pink drops a day. I got a Mega Mage Robe last night (first in three days) on a run with Physio, Apollo, Ellyidol, and Yanis. Recipe drops are a little more rare than that it seems, with one dropping every two days or so. I have been steady running about 25-30 runs in Hideout and Catacombs a day.

I actually thought the drops may have increased a little since the last patch, but I could just be with some parties that are getting lucky.

Maybe its the hours I play; with more players farming means less chance to get one and if only a couple are farming would mean a better chance to get the pinks. I just want to farm and have the team get pinks (not just me) I like for everyone to be glad they farmed that day with the group. I am not a greedy person and farming with you guys is 100 times more fun than farming solo in plasma. It also takes my mind of a few things which is very helpful.

PLaCiD
03-10-2011, 08:55 AM
My guess is that there will be Pink items added to the loot table in future ... whether or not this will effect the drop rate I do not know.

Echelong
03-10-2011, 08:57 AM
My guess is that there will be Pink items added to the loot table in future ... whether or not this will effect the drop rate I do not know.

Don't think so you will get more variety but not a higher percentage. Maybe Royce will correct me >.>

Lesrider
03-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Maybe its the hours I play; with more players farming means less chance to get one and if only a couple are farming would mean a better chance to get the pinks. I just want to farm and have the team get pinks (not just me) I like for everyone to be glad they farmed that day with the group. I am not a greedy person and farming with you guys is 100 times more fun than farming solo in plasma. It also takes my mind of a few things which is very helpful.

Huh? How would the number of people farming effect the drop rate? That's not how it works. If one person gets a pink, that doesn't diminish your chances.

Echelong
03-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Huh? How would the number of people farming effect the drop rate? That's not how it works. If one person gets a pink, that doesn't diminish your chances.

Yes good point. From what I think (or thought when I wrote that) is that if there is more people farming there is more of a chance others might get it but now that I think about it I was wrong. Maybe the more people makes my luck worse who knows hehe.

IamBored
03-10-2011, 09:42 AM
I am wondering how to drop rate work. Does 1% based off 100 kills or just all randomness and luckiness? if GF is killed 100 times, does that mean one pink will drop?

Physiologic
03-10-2011, 10:17 AM
I am wondering how to drop rate work. Does 1% based off 100 kills or just all randomness and luckiness? if GF is killed 100 times, does that mean one pink will drop?

A boss has a loot table and each item is assigned a value, in which case I believe royce when he says its about 0.01 for pinks (and number differs between pink items too - for example a raid Roach cap drops more often than a sewer king scarab from gold fever). But lately I've had days in which 20 to 30 runs yielded 6 pinks for the group. I even had a day in which 10 runs yielded 3 pinks. Gold fever and goblin king seem to have some pinks that drop at slightly higher rates.

Doubletime
03-10-2011, 12:02 PM
A boss has a loot table and each item is assigned a value, in which case I believe royce when he says its about 0.01 for pinks (and number differs between pink items too - for example a raid Roach cap drops more often than a sewer king scarab from gold fever). But lately I've had days in which 20 to 30 runs yielded 6 pinks for the group. I even had a day in which 10 runs yielded 3 pinks. Gold fever and goblin king seem to have some pinks that drop at slightly higher rates.

Yeah, I am seeing more pink drops from Gold Fever it seems than others. But maybe I am just there more. Ten Hideout runs this morning, Sewer King Scarab and Raid Roach Cap dropped. None for me, though. It almost seems that the loot table for gold fever has more pinks as possibilities. But that is just a guess. I'll leave that to the experts.

Adapts
03-10-2011, 12:03 PM
You should have seen last night on Phys's runs, the stars were aligned and the moon was in lunar eclipse or something because hunzzz got the same recipe drop (gem blast staff) in back to back games. Whats the chance of that??? I thought it was deja vu, like seriously in the matrix or soemthing

Echelong
03-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Glad you got some pinks Adapts...

MITSUISUN
03-10-2011, 12:05 PM

I am with you Echelong, and I am always looking to improve my game, potting speed and enjoy the runs with you! Pink is just a bonus at this point for me, it will certainly come in a matter of time, just gotta have faith and persistence.

I like to die, and call it out during runs to increase my chances. That's how I been collecting pinks ^_^

You should have seen last night on Phys's runs, the stars were aligned and the moon was in lunar eclipse or something because hunzzz got the same recipe drop (gem blast staff) in back to back games. Whats the chance of that??? I thought it was deja vu, like seriously in the matrix or soemthing

It was because we birds died for him and I said I smell a pink~

Tsarra
03-10-2011, 12:06 PM

Whenever I'm about to answer a thread, I always look to see if Royce has posted on it first. Saves me a lot of time if so. ;)

Echelong
03-10-2011, 12:08 PM
I am with you Echelong, and I am always looking to improve my game, potting speed and enjoy the runs with you! Pink is just a bonus at this point for me, it will certainly come in a matter of time, just gotta have faith and persistence.

I like to die, and call it out during runs to increase my chances. That's how I been collecting pinks ^_^

haha yeah some funny deaths sometimes... Only deaths I don't find funny is when I am the only mage and we are about to confront the boss ><

Adapts
03-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Glad you got some pinks Adapts...

No it wasn't me, it was someone named Hunzzz, i just witnessed it lol, some wierdness for sure.
Like you, im just glad to be able to run with pros and not pugs and just having fun, pinks will come in time.
But i will say when you do a few runs just seeing a pink flash across your screen, makes the heart skip a beat :) and well worth the wait.

Cmandial
03-10-2011, 12:18 PM
I have farmed at least an hour or two a day in bs for over a month without a single pink drop for me, so don't get all sad for only 3 pinks in 6 days.

Echelong
03-10-2011, 12:24 PM
No it wasn't me, it was someone named Hunzzz, i just witnessed it lol, some wierdness for sure.
Like you, im just glad to be able to run with pros and not pugs and just having fun, pinks will come in time.
But i will say when you do a few runs just seeing a pink flash across your screen, makes the heart skip a beat :) and well worth the wait.

Got to tell you that I am afraid to run on pugs after getting spoiled by all the great players I have played lately. I gotta say that all the best players I have played come from the forums so there might be a connection. If I don't find anyone to run with I will just do plasma runs till I find a good group.

I have farmed at least an hour or two a day in bs for over a month without a single pink drop for me, so don't get all sad for only 3 pinks in 6 days.

You misunderstood me. I am not sad for not getting more pinks I love the runs and farming with the group. I am more of a PVE player in this game than I was in WoW although I did a heck of a lot of raids. I am just trying to get the numbers and Royce did answer me and with some numbers I used his about right.

Doubletime
03-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Just saw another pick drop on Gold Fever. That makes three today on less than 20 runs (four pinks if you count the one I got last night on the next to last run). Hope the quick update doesn't nerf his drop rates. I am feeling lucky today.

Probably won't see another pink for days. :)

Yvonnel
03-10-2011, 02:25 PM
haha yeah some funny deaths sometimes... Only deaths I don't find funny is when I am the only mage and we are about to confront the boss ><

Yep. It stinks when that happens. I've had whole parties call me a bad mage and leave. Even after I have had to revive them all.

Back on topic. I don't put the effort into BS like some of you, but I have yet to see a pink drop in there.

KaotiicxDream
03-10-2011, 02:44 PM
I havent got a BS pink yet ... But ive seen 7 times party members getting recipes, helms and plates :( But okay its a game...

Doubletime
03-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Well, I am feeling lucky today. Maybe the Mega Mage armor drop I got last night was a good sign. Add two more recipes and two more pinks I have seen Gold Fever drop today. I was lucky enough to get a Fury Armor. So that brings today's totals for parties I have run to 5 pinks and 2 recipes in 28 Hideout runs. Not too bad for farming and xp grinding.

I see more pink drops from Gold Fever than any other boss in the sewers.

Moogerfooger
03-10-2011, 04:40 PM

At the rate you eat it on runs I am with you on, you should be able to open your own Pink Warehouse by now theoretically :D :D :D

You do die more creatively than anyone I know. And your suicide bombing of Elar that one run was classic!!!!

Ech...I feel you. I have been playing PUGs with my bear while crawling to 55, and it just flat sucks. Once in a while though I come across some cool new people, or someone from the forums I had never played with, like Nightarcher, Doubletime, Corvus (aka Neko) here on the forum that I all found in random PUGs at one time or another.

Echelong
03-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Yes Moog almost player I know from the forums is really good. That is one of the many things that keep me wanting to get better and better everyday.

MITSUISUN
03-10-2011, 05:11 PM
At the rate you eat it on runs I am with you on, you should be able to open your own Pink Warehouse by now theoretically :D :D :D

You do die more creatively than anyone I know. And your suicide bombing of Elar that one run was classic!!!!

I hate catacombs with a vengence :p

Well, the problem is I need other birds to die with me, usually I prefer 3 birds death in 1 run to get things going, but also it depends on what the previous #of color drops. IE: it takes some time to build up from all yellow to few greens, and mixtures of greens / purple. Need to slowly upgrade the color from full yellow to get a pink... and of course need to "feel" / "smell" it with fire birds death, and call it at the right time.

That, and since 56, I've added 400+ deaths because while 53-56 we were all exp potting / avoid death and play with such intensity/focus; now I like to play loosely unless we time runs, especially when with all 56 and good mages like Echelong/Attackelf and many others. I just feel bad for they have to press extra button to res me :p

Or, if most members are 55, I try not to die as much to save some face because i always get laughed at / down time etc. But then again, I am always spoiled by good mages around me.

When level cap raise again, I will be normal/mature, but my 100% effort is still only like 30% of what you and Phy at heh.

I hope see Elar online again so we can have some more sabotage fun and fire pit competition...

Moogerfooger
03-10-2011, 05:15 PM
I saw Elar on the other night...he is missing out on Pink Fever.

I remember once on Swill Pitz in the beginning where you have to run past 4 or 5 fire grates in a row, I had just cleared past the last one and you blew up behind me and your crispy body launched at about 100mph right past me against a wall. Awesome.

Hmm, there was a patch this afternoon...wonder it was for...can't see the Patch Notes sub-forum from work.

Echelong
03-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Mitsu don't feel bad because we have to tap an extra skill feel bad when you get blown across the whole area lol.

Fyrce
03-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I haven't farmed that much BS (maybe total 25 hours to today. too many other things going on).

My impression is pink drop rates were initially good. I got my 1st one pretty quick (L55 mage cowl) and saw several pinks and recipes drop, to where I almost thought pinks were going to be common. Even saw double pink once (I think it was just once). Got one recipe and I think an L53 str armor (some lower level pink anyways).

Then when they did the miniboss nerf (no more recipes from them), during that period I saw only 1 pink drop, a recipe I believe. It was very cold otherwise.

Then they did something again (the new sewer stuff?) and pinks seemed to be dropping again. I started seeing double pinks again. Pink drop rates seem pretty good in BS right now. If it only takes 1 day to 1 week of farming to drop what you want, I'd call that easy.

And no, I don't run hideout that much. It's probably my last choice for playing. The other levels are just way more fun. I'm a Catacombs/Swill/Roach chick. There's something about stomping on that Roach! Ewww! Cockroach Power!

aluxuryhoggy
03-10-2011, 07:06 PM
do some bosses drop rates a little more frequently then others? i see major drops in the swillz everyday but barely any in lets say gold fever or especially king and queen? or maybe ive just been playing the swillz to much... lol.... has PL ever announced the drop rates or nah?

Caire-boo
03-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Ok well I am starting to feel a little bit sad . I am pretty addicted to this game having managed to peel myself away from WoW I seem to have transferred my addiction. As a result I run BS for about 5 hours minimum a day either on my 55 (and a half) Mage or 54 bird. I run hideout and stronghold the most but get bored easy so like to rotate all BS instances.

Today I got my very first pink. A mega Mage shield. Very nice too and I am thrilled. Up until today I have had almost exclusively oranges. I have had two greens and one purple. This is across both toons. So great was my desire for a drop that I have spent a small fortune on luck pots. I have renamed these costa lotta for notta lotta pots .

Am I right to feel unlucky? Reading your posts I think yes. Who knows, maybe my luck is about to change. I shall remain positive. Maybe I should do what I seem to see a lot, look for groups who are near the boss but are not full, and join just for the boss but somehow that seems like cheating. Not casting aspertions on others, just not my way of playing.

Hopefully I will be updating my post in a couple of days reporting a turn in luck, and listing the masses of awesome drops I have received. One can but hope 

Moogerfooger
03-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Well, if you just looted a MM Bracer, it is one of the rarest and more expensive drops in the entire game right now :p they go for 800K+ in the CS as of now. Congrats!!

I have had huge long stretches of no-pink luck. On the run from 55 to 56, a loooong way, I got only two crummy pink recipes (not good ones) in ~300 Hideout runs. I switched to 51 bear, and on my very first two Sewer runs I got pinks. It is totally random, as far as anyone knows. Some days luck is good, others notsomuch :D

Good luck hunting!

Physiologic
03-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Today I got my very first pink. A mega Mage shield.

Your mega mage shield is worth more than my last 6-7 pink drops from Sewers combined. Congrats!

Artemis
03-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Im level 54 and never recieved a pink. Ive only seen one pink drop in BS ever.

Slush
03-10-2011, 09:33 PM
pro tip-host your games for higher drop rate

Genes
03-11-2011, 12:24 AM
I thought the pink drops were a plenty when I got some within afew days but have not received any or seen much for the past 6 days. So I don't think pink drops are more after the patch.

But I guess that's what make us addicted to PL everyday! The hope for a pink drop... If drop were so easy, there isint much to look forward to isint it?

Physiologic
03-11-2011, 12:25 AM
pro tip-host your games for higher drop rate

^ This is completely untrue.

Doubletime
03-11-2011, 08:13 AM
^ This is completely untrue.

^ This is absolutely correct. :)

Hosting games doesn't affect drop rate in any way I have seen.

On a side note, yesterday was perhaps my luckiest day ever in quality high dollar pink farming. Three Mega Mage Robes (two of these drops came within three runs) drops and a Fury Armor. Plus I saw another 5 drop, crazy stuff. By the way, the host only recieved one of the pinks I saw drop yesterday.

I think it is just random blind luck. Yesterday was just a good day. I probably won't see another pink for a week.

Slush
03-11-2011, 05:56 PM
85% of my pinks dropped while i was host. Trueplayer got drops like crazy when he was histing his vl runs ans bs runs

Physiologic
03-11-2011, 06:02 PM
85% of my pinks dropped while i was host. Trueplayer got drops like crazy when he was histing his vl runs ans bs runs

Quoted from dev:

The fairest solution is the one we have, drops are random.

-ALS

Riccits
03-12-2011, 07:31 AM
LOL!!
hoping for more funny therories! :)

Echelong
03-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Pink drop ratio seems really wierd. I have farmed for long hours and last night I only farmed for maybe two hours and the group got 3 pinks and today I log on Elly invites me and on the first run someone got another one thats 4 pink drop on less than 3 hours lol. I didn't get them but it was nice for the group keep the spirits up.

Maybe we are seeing more and more pinks because of the increase loot table but dunno Physio and Royce are far better at that than me.

LOL!!
hoping for more funny therories! :)

Lol I heard one really good, that if you don't destroy the chests on king and queen you get better pinks.

krazii
03-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Pink drop ratio seems really wierd. I have farmed for long hours and last night I only farmed for maybe two hours and the group got 3 pinks and today I log on Elly invites me and on the first run someone got another one thats 4 pink drop on less than 3 hours lol. I didn't get them but it was nice for the group keep the spirits up.

Yes, there was a stealth increase in loot tables, pink drop rates are up.

Riccits
03-15-2011, 07:59 AM
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/808/img0170.png (http://img801.imageshack.us/i/img0170.png/)

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7613/img0176mz.png (http://img718.imageshack.us/i/img0176mz.png/)

2nd is amazing...

Doubletime
03-15-2011, 08:26 AM
^^^ Wow. We had someone pick up a pink and a recipe in back to back runs last night. But those drops are amazing.

Echelong
03-15-2011, 08:36 AM
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/808/img0170.png (http://img801.imageshack.us/i/img0170.png/)

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7613/img0176mz.png (http://img718.imageshack.us/i/img0176mz.png/)

2nd is amazing...

Wow two great drops on one run.

We had two pinks also on last nights run a lucky archer got both. He joined us and got the 2 drops on his first run lol.

neko
03-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Wow two great drops on one run.

We had two pinks also on last nights run a lucky archer got both. He joined us and got the 2 drops on his first run lol.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6751/doublepink.png

I didn't know about the second pink until afterwards. At the time I was just fixated on the scarab and thought, "Wow!"

Just a few games prior, I was telling someone how "I only dream in pinks but they never come true..." I will shut up now.

Echelong
03-15-2011, 09:45 AM
http://img822.imageshack.us/i/doublepink.png/

I didn't know about the second pink until afterwards. At the time I was just fixated on the scarab and thought, "Wow!"

Just a few games prior, I was telling someone how "I only dream in pinks but they never come true..." I will shut up now.

Yeah we should get you on the team more often. At least you where one of the few people that got an item they really need.

MITSUISUN
03-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Great job Cor! It’s a first for me in person to see 2 pinks drops to same person, you da bird~~~

It was an awesome night, I think luck has turned into our side and Ech is starting to redeem himself for series of dryness :p Or maybe I was good host, and I have found another bird that likes to die as much as me, and he works doubletime~~~

2 robes 1 bow 1 receipe and something else... cant remember, hard to keep score as I am not even sure what time zone I am in anymore with all these playing...

I for one, believes in goal/static farming to better friends, because we are only strong when a party is strong.
By this I mean, if a bird needs bow, we farm trash/fever; mage need bracer, we farm queen, all night long. (which has yet to dropped for us heh) and we share loot, if a bracer drops for me while Ech in the group, it defaults to him regardless. Share item sell to gold and distribute them equally among 5, let party member buy off with huge discount price etc.

Good karma is always good karma, because if you help 1 person today, you will get 2x or more in return tomorrow. It’s just how I think and play any MMORPG.

It’s good to have an agenda set out for the night, each member list 1 thing they need or simply help out 1 person to achieve goal per day, like a daily quest lol. But then of course, it limits the chance to meet new players or becomes a “job” that you have fulfill. And it sucks when you cant play with other friends, even if you are already with 4 friends heh.

Although I can see how this become stale, boring, not fun even if we rotate map, not everyone has same amount of time to play, life interrupts and becomes a commitment. But for me, it’s a perfect time to get to know each other, die together, chat, build skills/relationships and learn how to play with one another’s style. But it might not be the best way to play a quick/pickup game mobile MMORPG, it’s not for everyone.

I know drop is random and everybody puts in the same equal amount of time just like everyone. No one should feel obligated to give away something just because someone else needs, multiple characters/twinks etc complicated things too. But all in all, we are all trying to have a great experience, grinding exp, grinding gold or grinding pinks. Why not just go a little extra mile to make it more fun?

Then again, pink set is not the answer. Tons of birds can wipe the floor in oranges/cyber gears (not this bird :p) and performs 200% better (than this bird :p) than some bird in full pink (this bird :p). I for one likes to wear pink/set because it’s easier to lidiquate inventory, stash and looks.

I haven’t bought a thing since lv50 shadow set in CS and I like to earn stuff by drop. I believe luck and loot will reward everyone at the end, no matter how dry it is or how daunting, persistence always prevail.

/massive rambling off and back to work

Echelong
03-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Haha mitsu I gotta tell you you are far better than you give credit for. Dieing just means either the tank didn't tank so well, mage (raises hand) didn't heal you fast enough (can't blame the mage for 1 shot deaths) or simply because you thought you could be faster than the fire trap and you where not.

I agree with you its not the gear its the player and farming with you, DT, Elly, moog and the rest of the group have been the most fun I've had in PL since I started. Sure we had our moments of complete noobness but most of the time we are able to clear a run in 4 min or less and we hadn't get past 5 min runs in a while. Don't worry I will try to redeem myself with healing normally I am watching the players health and if they get hit once I will heal as fast as I can but sometimes I get out of range when you birds fly off the other side of the map by fire traps.

I love changing maps and yes we share our loot well I haven't shared any pinks because my luck is for the party to receive them :-) not for me. As for gear I think I'm giving up on mega mage gear I will just stick to the overpriced sewer set(bought part of the set the first day to complete it yes about 1 mill for two pieces) loot I have. Mega mage would be only to be sparkly red like you guys but I am fine with green.

Hawkyboy
03-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Maybe devs should raise drop rate a bit...i dropped 2 pinks in 400+ hideout runs :(

BeardedBear
03-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Last night Cowboyjim got back to back drops in 2 runs. Sewer hammer and fury battlesword.

Doubletime
03-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Great job Cor! It’s a first for me in person to see 2 pinks drops to same person, you da bird~~~

It was an awesome night, I think luck has turned into our side and Ech is starting to redeem himself for series of dryness :p Or maybe I was good host, and I have found another bird that likes to die as much as me, and he works doubletime~~~

2 robes 1 bow 1 receipe and something else... cant remember, hard to keep score as I am not even sure what time zone I am in anymore with all these playing...

I for one, believes in goal/static farming to better friends, because we are only strong when a party is strong.
By this I mean, if a bird needs bow, we farm trash/fever; mage need bracer, we farm queen, all night long. (which has yet to dropped for us heh) and we share loot, if a bracer drops for me while Ech in the group, it defaults to him regardless. Share item sell to gold and distribute them equally among 5, let party member buy off with huge discount price etc.

Good karma is always good karma, because if you help 1 person today, you will get 2x or more in return tomorrow. It’s just how I think and play any MMORPG.

It’s good to have an agenda set out for the night, each member list 1 thing they need or simply help out 1 person to achieve goal per day, like a daily quest lol. But then of course, it limits the chance to meet new players or becomes a “job” that you have fulfill. And it sucks when you cant play with other friends, even if you are already with 4 friends heh.

Although I can see how this become stale, boring, not fun even if we rotate map, not everyone has same amount of time to play, life interrupts and becomes a commitment. But for me, it’s a perfect time to get to know each other, die together, chat, build skills/relationships and learn how to play with one another’s style. But it might not be the best way to play a quick/pickup game mobile MMORPG, it’s not for everyone.

I know drop is random and everybody puts in the same equal amount of time just like everyone. No one should feel obligated to give away something just because someone else needs, multiple characters/twinks etc complicated things too. But all in all, we are all trying to have a great experience, grinding exp, grinding gold or grinding pinks. Why not just go a little extra mile to make it more fun?

Then again, pink set is not the answer. Tons of birds can wipe the floor in oranges/cyber gears (not this bird :p) and performs 200% better (than this bird :p) than some bird in full pink (this bird :p). I for one likes to wear pink/set because it’s easier to lidiquate inventory, stash and looks.

I haven’t bought a thing since lv50 shadow set in CS and I like to earn stuff by drop. I believe luck and loot will reward everyone at the end, no matter how dry it is or how daunting, persistence always prevail.

/massive rambling off and back to work

Wow. Mitsu you just took procrastinating at work to a whole different level. :) You are practically up there with me now. hehe.

And I agree. I don't mind giving away pinks to buddies in the party. Tried to give Ech that Sewer Robe last night that dropped for me since he hasn't even smelled a pink in so long. He wouldn't take it. I need to find a way to sneaky gift things to him I guess. I gave Conradin a shield recipe for his b-day. Heck I play this game for fun, as I hope we all do. And its fun playing with you guys.

So if you all want to farm a particular item for someone, I'm in. If it drops to me, it goes to the person looking. Besides, I still need about 850 deaths to reach 2000 before the next cap increase. Oh, and if you want to farm a sewer leather for me, I wouldn't turn it down.

Echelong
03-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Wow. Mitsu you just took procrastinating at work to a whole different level. :) You are practically up there with me now. hehe.

And I agree. I don't mind giving away pinks to buddies in the party. Tried to give Ech that Sewer Robe last night that dropped for me since he hasn't even smelled a pink in so long. He wouldn't take it. I need to find a way to sneaky gift things to him I guess. I gave Conradin a shield recipe for his b-day. Heck I play this game for fun, as I hope we all do. And its fun playing with you guys.

So if you all want to farm a particular item for someone, I'm in. If it drops to me, it goes to the person looking. Besides, I still need about 850 deaths to reach 2000 before the next cap increase. Oh, and if you want to farm a sewer leather for me, I wouldn't turn it down.

well I do appreciate the gesture but I wont take it if I don't need it, I am not a greedy person or player for that matter. I am at the point where I don't really care of a pink drops or not. I just want to make some more cash to save for the next expansion and we will hopefully get a sewer set bonus.

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Just for the record....my tanking had nothing to do with Mits dying on those runs last night...he has a knack of dying even if Elly and I are both there tanking. The boy is drawn to firetraps like a fat kid to cupcakes.

Funny...I typed "Mitsuisun fire grate" into Google and got this...

http://images.sciencedaily.com/2009/04/090421154327-large.jpg

Echelong
03-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Just for the record....my tanking had nothing to do with Mits dying on those runs last night...he has a knack of dying even if Elly and I are both there tanking. The boy is drawn to firetraps like a fat kid to cupcakes.

Funny...I typed "Mitsuisun fire grate" into Google and got this...

http://images.sciencedaily.com/2009/04/090421154327-large.jpg

LMAO.... No man your tanking is great I would even dare to say at par with Elly and that's not a small thing to say. On birds you are awesome too unlike me (my bird skills at at 0 atm).

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 01:35 PM
LMAO.... No man your tanking is great I would even dare to say at par with Elly and that's not a small thing to say. On birds you are awesome too unlike me (my bird skills at at 0 atm).

I am nowhere good as Mr Idol....I just try and emulate his tanking. He has given me a lot of advice, and his dual-spec guide has a lot to do with my current setup/ability.

But I am really a bird at heart. One who can avoid firetraps for the most part.

I wonder what kind of BBQ sauce Mitsui prefers to be slathered in, in prep for a run on a level with any grates. I am thinking he is a Hickory Smoke kind of guy.

Yeah, was happy to see Corrvus get a pink drop, and a double one at that. rare, but I've seen it before. Now he can retire his Shotgun and roll in style :p

Echelong
03-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Yeah we grouped after with him and he was using his bow owning the mobs on BS very good player. It was an older player run I think the youngest was a 30 year old roasted bird.

Doubletime
03-15-2011, 01:57 PM
I am nowhere good as Mr Idol....I just try and emulate his tanking. He has given me a lot of advice, and his dual-spec guide has a lot to do with my current setup/ability.

I wonder what kind of BBQ sauce Mitsui prefers to be slathered in, in prep for a run on a level with any grates. I am thinking he is a Hickory Smoke kind of guy.

Yeah, was happy to see Corrvus get a pink drop, and a double one at that. rare, but I've seen it before. Now he can retire his Shotgun and roll in style :p

LMAO. I'll have to remember to pick up a bottle of Hickory Smoke BBQ sauce tonight on the way home. Mits and I can slather our phones in it before we play. I think I have a good 300-400 deaths on fire traps in the sewers by now.

MITSUISUN
03-15-2011, 02:03 PM
@Echelong
Thanks E. Nah it’s really not you guys at all. It’s the suicidal birdness in me that hangs around/afk in fire, I think it’s because I always gather by fire in town heh. Besides, it would really help if i stop pressing map instead of pot. maybe i really need to ditch pad and use phone to improve my game. close to 1500 death now :p but i gotta admit, i been playing very loosely since 56 and grouping with people i know doesnt help, because i always ended up typing while fire pitting and being slime fired~~

@DT
I am sure we can come up with a system/goal of some sort, farm to sell to buy, farm for item, trade each other pinks etc and keep scores. I like everyone to have a set just for the sparkleness, regardless we actually use the pinks in runs or not. Of course, it should not become a REQUIREMENT or LOGIN NOW YOUR TIME IS MINE. Everyone has their own stuff to do, people to see, places to be. Everything’s gotta be mutual, and fun =)

@Moog
Ummm I searched too and… it’s really NSFW lol
I think, I die because I have faith in my group when I know you guys have my back =). And it’s a challenge, to see how many mages and bears needed to keep me alive… (grouped with 4 mages last night but still got burned like a bird :p)

I like... Honey BBQ with spice lv7 instant hotness.

Hickory smoked is not fast enough for my style of dying. I am instant burned with crate+2 fire pits kinda bird.

Doubletime
03-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Pinks seem to have been dropping like crazy yesterday. Maybe the Devs bumped the drop rate for St. Patty's day. I think everyone was feeling lucky. Well except for Ech. :P

Echelong
03-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Pinks seem to have been dropping like crazy yesterday. Maybe the Devs bumped the drop rate for St. Patty's day. I think everyone was feeling lucky. Well except for Ech. :P

Well I did get a your feeling lucky message lol.

neko
03-16-2011, 09:30 AM

Style points is what this bird just doesn't seem to have. :(

Funny - when I saw that pic of grilled chicken, I was thinking, "Mmm...that's ME with a side order of fries and an ice cold beer"

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-13-2011, 09:01 PM
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6751/doublepink.png

nice man grats.. and thats pree sick

Slush
04-22-2011, 01:49 AM
Some guy got a Sewer Queen Staff, AND a Custom Leather recipe from one boss.

neko
04-22-2011, 02:12 AM
some guy got a sewer queen staff, and a custom leather recipe from one boss.

+1 Nice!!!

DOAPSaint
04-22-2011, 02:26 AM
Whatever the rates are they are really low... haven't got a pink in a week

Torath
04-22-2011, 02:32 AM
Wow would not believe it if u did not have a pic

xBearSpiritx
04-22-2011, 04:50 AM
Wow would not believe it if u did not have a pic

Yeah ikr, pretty unbelievable, even with the pic!

Never ever seen two drops occur simultaneously to the same player.

Yvonnel
04-22-2011, 05:05 AM
It happens only on bosses that drop recipes (Sewer Bosses, I've never seen it happen for low level recipes). The recipe drops are a seperate drop roll so yeah someone can get 2 drops at a time.

Bagwaan
04-22-2011, 06:13 AM
Hello all,
Great thread. I beleve that the drop rate is somewhat cyclic. You can go through a long dry period where all you see is the lowest drops. Later on a green or two will drop. Finally a purple. Then a double purple drop. Finally it will happen and a pink, or rarely two will drop. Have gotten two in a row three times, but never a double. Have been through a long dry spell where it was 10 days between drops, and yet have gotten 6 in one day(14+ hours of play)
Like the idea of asking everyone what they are after, and doing a rotation based on the answers. Other than pull/roundup #3 of 4 in stronghold, I am quite happy in every zone in the sewers. Although I am still after a fury sword, so my choice will always be cats till I get one.
Am still a work in progress. I've cut down on both over pursuing, and scatter stomps.
Get a bit frustrated sometimes when I pin the boss to the wall, and then lose the pin. Great times in the sewers, will miss then once the next expansion comes out.
Cheers

Doubletime
04-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Hello all,
Great thread. I beleve that the drop rate is somewhat cyclic. You can go through a long dry period where all you see is the lowest drops. Later on a green or two will drop. Finally a purple. Then a double purple drop. Finally it will happen and a pink, or rarely two will drop. Have gotten two in a row three times, but never a double. Have been through a long dry spell where it was 10 days between drops, and yet have gotten 6 in one day(14+ hours of play)
Like the idea of asking everyone what they are after, and doing a rotation based on the answers. Other than pull/roundup #3 of 4 in stronghold, I am quite happy in every zone in the sewers. Although I am still after a fury sword, so my choice will always be cats till I get one.
Am still a work in progress. I've cut down on both over pursuing, and scatter stomps.
Get a bit frustrated sometimes when I pin the boss to the wall, and then lose the pin. Great times in the sewers, will miss then once the next expansion comes out.
Cheers

I agree Bagwaan about the pink drops being cyclical and just random, regardless of devs nerfs and such. I had a stretch recently where I would get a pink or three every day. It went on for weeks. More recently, it has been over 10 days since my last pink drop in the sewers (this excludes the Vyx helm farming the shadow caves during the Birthday celebration) and I have played a lot in that time period. But during that time I have seen a ton of pinks drop including double pink drops to the party. It just so happens my particular luck during this time has been bad. My luck will change eventually, I just have to keep farming in the mean time -- err once the severs get back on line. :)

JaytB
04-22-2011, 08:47 AM
I agree Bagwaan about the pink drops being cyclical and just random, regardless of devs nerfs and such. I had a stretch recently where I would get a pink or three every day. It went on for weeks. More recently, it has been over 10 days since my last pink drop in the sewers (this excludes the Vyx helm farming the shadow caves during the Birthday celebration) and I have played a lot in that time period. But during that time I have seen a ton of pinks drop including double pink drops to the party. It just so happens my particular luck during this time has been bad. My luck will change eventually, I just have to keep farming in the mean time -- err once the severs get back on line. :)

X2 I'm on a dry spell for the last 2 weeks (except for 2 Vyx helmets), where before I could get 5-10 pinks during a weekend. And although it can get frustrating at times, all you can do is just keep farming. Luck will hit you eventually.

Goodest
04-22-2011, 10:20 AM
ya about 1%
out of the hundreds or sewers runs i never got a pink and then one day three dropped one after the other two from gold finger and one from goby king and since that nothing. so i agree on 1%:confused:

Mennddoza
04-22-2011, 10:32 AM
I believe there is no drop rate and this is just the matter of luck...

JaytB
04-22-2011, 10:34 AM
I believe there is no drop rate and this is just the matter of luck...

There is no spoon :)

LelouchX
07-25-2011, 11:46 AM
may have been a fluke, but this weekend i played friday night from 8pm to about 3am saturday and then again from 6am to 12pm, doing catacombs runs for xp. in that time, 6 raid roach recurves dropped (i didn't get any of them unfortunately) and many other pinks. i got 2 mega mage gem star wands and a raid roach auto-crossbow along with a recipe. Others in the groups got other pinks as well. This is much higher than I have ever seen pinks drops. are there certain says and times when drops are more frequent? I know that all in the groupswere 54-56, and trash heaps threat was grey every time we faced him. anyone else have some freak occurance like this happen?

edit: 7/28 - I got my rr recurve yesterday!!!!!!!