PDA

View Full Version : Nightly forum database glitch

Serancha
02-17-2015, 11:29 AM
Every night at 12:01am Pacific time, this forum serves up a database connection error for 8-10 minutes. It has been happening for the last month or two, and I keep forgetting to report it. It's not a major problem but it is consistent and kind of annoying.

Just thought someone should be made aware, thanks.

Schnitzel
02-17-2015, 08:46 PM
oh no! the apocalypse has started O.o
Everyone, RUNNNNNNNN!!!!!

on a more topic related note,

does this database connection error mean that it says the server is down for maintenance?

Seoratrek
02-17-2015, 08:49 PM
We do daily backup of the forums around that time, thus resulting in the database error. Are there any other times when this is occurring?

Serancha
02-18-2015, 03:24 AM
oh no! the apocalypse has started O.o
Everyone, RUNNNNNNNN!!!!!

on a more topic related note,

does this database connection error mean that it says the server is down for maintenance?

No, it means it says there is a database error and it cannot connect.

We do daily backup of the forums around that time, thus resulting in the database error. Are there any other times when this is occurring?

Hmm interesting that a backup process would do that, but it does make sense since the time is always the same. I have not noticed it at any other time of day. Thanks Seo.

Zeus
02-18-2015, 03:29 PM
No, it means it says there is a database error and it cannot connect.

Hmm interesting that a backup process would do that, but it does make sense since the time is always the same. I have not noticed it at any other time of day. Thanks Seo.

Seo's right. It's been this way for the past 3-4 years after Amazon Cloud Servers clash. The forums goes down during this backup process. It is what it is. :/

Blizzard
02-18-2015, 08:44 PM
I subbed. :P