PDA

View Full Version : New Game

Faq
02-17-2015, 03:49 PM
Has spacetime released any more news about the Moba they plan on bringing out? I remember hearing that teasers would come mid to late February.

Sheugokin
02-17-2015, 05:06 PM
Has spacetime released any more news about the Moba they plan on bringing out? I remember hearing that teasers would come mid to late February.

Who did you hear from that teasers are coming from mid to late February?

synfullmagic_23110
02-17-2015, 06:18 PM
Wait sheu didnt question that fact that he said it was a moba is it really ganna be a moba :O?!?!

Ssneakykills
02-17-2015, 07:08 PM
Wait sheu didnt question that fact that he said it was a moba is it really ganna be a moba :O?!?!

Yup I believe it was said in the announcement thread of no updates for legends games

synfullmagic_23110
02-17-2015, 07:11 PM
Yup I believe it was said in the announcement thread of no updates for legends games
Yus

MercherofPL
02-17-2015, 09:52 PM
That was the indication that I got from the post about no more updates on PL/SL/DL. Dont get me wrong I can see why they are trying to go into MOBA, if its a mobile game which will most likely it will be, it will be very tough for it to be successfull, and if it is, it wont be as much,

Reasons:

1)MOBA Game titles already excist,there is the very popular game called Heroes of Order and Chaos, which has a outstanding tight community already, although I dislike gameloft,they really nailed this one. There is also a new MOBA game gainning popularity called The Witcher Battle Arena, which is also starting to get a growing community, for being new, the forums are get loaded.

2)If STS does release a new mobile game, This is just me speaking personally, I would not invest any money into it, due to what happened with PL/DL/SL, dont get me wrong here, I understand why they did it and im ok with it, but I have also have lost trust in STS.

3)I dont want to give the wrong impression, Im not saying that the new released game will be a total failure, but what I am saying is that there is some competetion on the MOBA Genre already, I also know that it isn't the first time STS jumps into a new genre, I dont know anything about like Arcane Battleground, so I cant speak on this regard, Only reason I never tried it, is because I play Clash of Clans with people I know IRL. Maybe someone will give some insight info on this =].

So I am here wondering why would I stop playing both Heroes O & C and The Witcher, me personally loving the MOBA, it is one my favorite type of games. All I can do is give suggestions and what it would take for it to be success, But in order to understand, the information you need to know (Which I will explain soon) is crucial into understanding.

1)Heroes of Order and Chaos: A very remarkable game,I would recommend this game to anyone, it has its few flaws here and there, but it's being constantly updated and amazing forum community. It has the classic 3v3 or 5v5 hero vs hero game with Main base,towers,mobs, neutral creeps, and bosses to kill for buff. Also has a unique 5v5 game map also involving a train which needs to be killed or else it does high damage and late in the game destroys your tower, making it very unique.

2)The Witcher Battle Arena : I have not played this as much as HOC (Heores of order and chaos), but I did for a bit, This game is a hero vs hero game and just that,there no mobs neutral creatures or even towers involved. This game is still kinda new, but was specifically made for mobile, 5-6min matches 3v3 hero vs hero game mode,which is ok, I will not go onto deep details on this, but what I want the reader to know, is that it's strictly hero vs hero.

So why am I telling you this? What is the point? In my opinion for STS MOBA game to be successfull:

1)It has to give me something different than HOC or The Witcher. Why would I stop playing either of these games to play a game exactly the same?

Suggestion:

1)If they make this game avaliable in chrome website like pocket legends,that would be a A+ because there is no MOBA game that does this.

2)Give us reason to trust that STS will continue to update their new upcoming game, sure there will be new players that don't know anything about STS, but for those of us who do, you better believe that we will probraly be the first to download and try this new game.

There is more on top of my head, but I dont feel like going into complete details, wasn't even expecting this post to be so long lol :/,
Please Note : This is just my opinion, I would love to hear others opinion also,Im glad this was posted into general discussion :angel:

HarryBear
02-18-2015, 04:44 AM
League of Legends is one of the biggest games out there for the pc and its a moba.. That's where Gameloft got the idea of Heroes of Order&Chaos. Just like they based their game Order&Chaos off of Blizzard's World of Warcraft. Lol

Faq
02-18-2015, 08:33 AM
We'll announce in mid-late Feb.
Hopefully this is soon.

Bazinga!
02-18-2015, 11:40 AM
I don't understand why STS had to stop updating other games. Other companies make other games and continue updating their old games. They don't just leave it after 4 or 5 years. This is what I understood:
1) Pocket Legends isn't bringing enough money from updates
2) AL is bringing money and they decided to focus on AL and leave PL
3) They totally discarded legacy games because they weren't getting enough money from special events
4) They're trying to make a new game which may or may not be successful due to already existing type of games.

IMO the flaws in this:
1) STS sees things like the game is successful if it brings money otherwise not. Which is what they do as a business but its a wrong way to look at it. STS needs to make content that people enjoy then the money will come in. Ancient Caverns was a HUGE disappointment to me. I've only gone in there 4 times and I've only entered the town thrice since it came out. And recycled halloween / winter events? Really? They even removed SBL and Halloween weps / shields from drops. And they thought that it would totally bring them more money. I understand you are a small company but you can only get more people if you get more money, if you give better content.
2) I'm not against AL, but I don't like it that much either. It's popular and let it be, but doesn't mean stop your other sources of income.
3) Again they shouldn't be complaining about the money part because they are not giving us good content.
4) Hopefully this game is successful, but they are competing with some very good games out there already.

Deusabug
02-18-2015, 01:01 PM
X.x

bearuang
02-19-2015, 04:55 PM
are you sure? how if its a MORPG like dark avengers or kritika.