PDA

View Full Version : Leveling questions

Fallen Caccavari
03-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Well I've heard it's fairly easy to level so I've been putting it off until I got Platnium to buy the dungeons so I wouldn't have to just stop leveling all of a sudden for days.

I was looking for some advice on leveling, I'm making a brand new level 1 Mage;

Should I find a partner because when I was trying to decide on a class I was gonna play, it seemed difficult to complete whole dungeons and it'd take a while for people to show up. Unless I was doing something wrong, which is possible since I'm still new and don't know everything.

Should I use experience potions to make leveling a little faster at the beginning or wait until I get a bit higher of a level? I have enough Platnium to last me a good while and I can buy more if needed.

I notice a lot of higher leveled people offering to help lower leveled people level up, should I accept this help so I can get a good start? I wouldn't mind it, the beginning of a game is where I usually get discouraged most of the time.

StompArtist
03-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Well I've heard it's fairly easy to level so I've been putting it off until I got Platnium to buy the dungeons so I wouldn't have to just stop leveling all of a sudden for days.

I was looking for some advice on leveling, I'm making a brand new level 1 Mage;

Should I find a partner because when I was trying to decide on a class I was gonna play, it seemed difficult to complete whole dungeons and it'd take a while for people to show up. Unless I was doing something wrong, which is possible since I'm still new and don't know everything.

Should I use experience potions to make leveling a little faster at the beginning or wait until I get a bit higher of a level? I have enough Platnium to last me a good while and I can buy more if needed.

I notice a lot of higher leveled people offering to help lower leveled people level up, should I accept this help so I can get a good start? I wouldn't mind it, the beginning of a game is where I usually get discouraged most of the time.

Do not spend plat on elixirs, not worth it. You can join existing games or just use portals and you'll see the first 20 levels fly by really fast. Also it will give you the opportunity to friend players you enjoy playing with and be able to level with them. The game is just much more enjoyable this way. I advice against powerlevelling unless you have already a lot of experience with the game else you end up playing like a new player on a character everyone expects to be played with experience which will make the game frustrating for you and others... Good luck!

Snakespeare
03-10-2011, 12:43 PM
I found it was more fun to level slowly, doing all the quests along the way. People who want only to BE at the level cap, and who don't enjoy the journey to the cap, will not enjoy the cap. So just play the game in the right levels.

One clue: look at the colored circle next to the life bar on the bad guys. It changes color depending on the relation between your level and the dungeon level. Red is double XP and is about three levels higher than you. Yellow is 1.5 times XP and is one or two levels higher than you. For instance, at level 1, you will see a red threat level bubble in Forest Haven IV. Some people think you can only get double XP by leeching off players in the highest maps, but that is very wrong. When you play in the map intended for your level, it gives you items you can use.

noneo
03-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Honestly I wouldn't spend any money (gold or Plat) on exp elixers. It is way better to fight through the game and learn how to play properly. By taking elixirs you are speeding up the time it takes to level by 2 - 3 times, and in turn learning 2 - 3 times less.

RedRyder
03-10-2011, 01:20 PM
up to you if you use elixers. you guys have it easy lol just do quests and youll find yourself leveling up fairly quickly. we didnt have that luxury :(

StompArtist
03-10-2011, 01:22 PM
up to you if you use elixers. you guys have it easy lol just do quests and youll find yourself leveling up fairly quickly. we didnt have that luxury :(

Elixirs make you weaker in the long run. Faster XP but less drops hence less good gear.

KingFu
03-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Elixirs make you weaker in the long run. Faster XP but less drops hence less good gear.

You're saying XP elixir gives you more XP but less loot? Can you confirm this?

StompArtist
03-10-2011, 01:31 PM
You're saying XP elixir gives you more XP but less loot? Can you confirm this?

You have to kill less mob for the same amount of XP therefore you get less gold and less drop opportunities.

What I am saying is that if you are on 2x XP elixir you get twice the XP for killing a single foe but only 1x the gold and drops. So you reach (for example) level 10 twice as fast but with half the gold and drop opportunities.

KingFu
03-10-2011, 01:36 PM
You have to kill less mob for the same amount of XP therefore you get less gold and less drop opportunities.

What I am saying is that if you are on 2x XP elixir you get twice the XP for killing a single foe but only 1x the gold and drops. So you reach (for example) level 10 twice as fast but with half the gold and drop opportunities.

Oh, sorry for my misunderstanding:)

Fallen Caccavari
03-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Do not spend plat on elixirs, not worth it. You can join existing games or just use portals and you'll see the first 20 levels fly by really fast. Also it will give you the opportunity to friend players you enjoy playing with and be able to level with them. The game is just much more enjoyable this way. I advice against powerlevelling unless you have already a lot of experience with the game else you end up playing like a new player on a character everyone expects to be played with experience which will make the game frustrating for you and others... Good luck!

How do I join an exsisting game?

StompArtist
03-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Go to the map and click the "join" button... The map is on the left side of the screen the picture of a world globe.