PDA

View Full Version : Auction slots

Leiver
03-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Quick question

If I buy more auction slots do I get them on one char or all chars?

StompArtist
03-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Quick question

If I buy more auction slots do I get them on one char or all chars?

Only on one character.

Leiver
03-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Thank you.

drewcapu
03-10-2011, 01:01 PM
I prefer to just get new characters.

RedRyder
03-10-2011, 01:18 PM
I prefer to just get new characters.

thats so inconvinient lol on red i have i think 6 or 7 bays, and 2 on my bird. your methods more logical though, those bays are really expensive....

Zerious
03-10-2011, 02:56 PM
thats so inconvinient lol on red i have i think 6 or 7 bays, and 2 on my bird. your methods more logical though, those bays are really expensive....

you get an auction slot and 50 inventory slots for half the price of one platinum store-bought bay on one character. The hassle of stashing and unstashing can be a problem

drewcapu
03-10-2011, 03:23 PM
I visit balefort so often with a bunch of my characters, so stashing isn't too big a deal.

At any given time, there's maybe at most 10 items that I have lined up that I want to sell. I keep those in stash and once one of my "seller" characters is ready for selling one, I just unstash and post. It also helps to make sure I don't accidentally liquidate since a lot of the items I like to sell aren't pinks or purples.

:)

Snakespeare
03-10-2011, 03:42 PM
I haven't bought auction slots, I have like 15 characters (lost count).

I have tried to use these multiple characters to list items, but it's a huge hassle. So, if I decide to buy auction slots (I have been thinking about it), then it will be to reduce the hassle of ... change character, run to CS, check sales, exit out, stash/unstash cash or items, list a new item, repeat ... With a designated merchant character most of those repeats will be eliminated.

Oh, sometimes I forget which character listed what, so then I have to go to CS with each darn character, which just makes me not want to even do it.

FluffNStuff
03-10-2011, 04:31 PM
I haven't bought auction slots, I have like 15 characters (lost count).

I have tried to use these multiple characters to list items, but it's a huge hassle. So, if I decide to buy auction slots (I have been thinking about it), then it will be to reduce the hassle of ... change character, run to CS, check sales, exit out, stash/unstash cash or items, list a new item, repeat ... With a designated merchant character most of those repeats will be eliminated.

Oh, sometimes I forget which character listed what, so then I have to go to CS with each darn character, which just makes me not want to even do it.

Do that all the time.
*Now which character listed something. Did it sell?*
What would be cool is to search by 'seller'. Could put in hunny and see all my listings ;)

Snakespeare
03-10-2011, 04:37 PM
I second that! I've wished for that many times. Let's see what Lone is selling today...

Zerious
03-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Do that all the time.
*Now which character listed something. Did it sell?*
What would be cool is to search by 'seller'. Could put in hunny and see all my listings ;)

+1 no peeking!

Fyrce
03-10-2011, 07:19 PM
I have a bunch of characters too and multiple accounts, so of course, I tried using all their free auction slots. For me personally, it did not work out. First was the multiple accounts :P 2nd I just confused myself :P 3rd, well see 1 and 2 :P

I ended up using just one seller, which worked well, until... the items inventory nerf. I couldn't clear inventory fast enough to be able to add stuff to my seller. Plus sometimes I'd forget, stash something and not be able to get it back to my seller. Told ya I just got confused :P So I ended up using a 2nd character as a temporary seller (only has 2 slots). 2 characters apparently isn't too much for me to remember.

And I only have as many auction slots as I can manage, which isn't that many. Otherwise I'd get confused :P

Snakespeare
03-11-2011, 09:14 AM
For what it is worth, I finally bought auction slots. Like Fyrce I decided to designate one character as a seller. I wonder what it is about memory and age, as I get older it is harder to remember stuff, but this should make it easier on me. Wow, that was a lot of plat, but sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.