PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Codex = Seriously annoying

KingGiant
03-10-2011, 02:01 PM
So I know that the Djinn they refer to for the codex drop are the normal desert turban guys in the AO campaign and I have soloed thru Sobek's Blade at least 15 times by now. Getting seriously annoyed that a codex hasn't dropped for me yet. I've tried hosting my own games and using the "goto" button in my quest log. Still no codex. I've heard of people having it drop on the first kill on like there second run. But I never get it and I really want to complete the mystery armor set for archers. Anyone else having trouble getting a codex thru massive farming of sobeks blade?

Kinda annoyed too that I payed plat to receive this quest yet I cannot progress thru it. This game is losing every aspect of its "casual play"

Moogerfooger
03-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Just go to any AO1/AO2 level...it is a random drop....you do not have to do Sobek's Blade level.

On my archer, got in first try on like the 10th random mob warrior I killed in under a minute; on my bear, I had to run through about 4 random levels to get it.

KingGiant
03-10-2011, 02:07 PM
I understand it is any ao level that has djinn mobs (not the lesser) but I just think 15 runs thru sobeks which has a good number of djinn mobs is just way to excessive.

Pharcyde
03-10-2011, 02:43 PM
It's all about luck, I got it second run.

It's better then Boss daily.... Had to kill gurgux 17 times to get his snack, then I spent three hours running sand storm trying to get 10 items for daily. (Need daily quests to get 43/43.)

skavenger216
03-10-2011, 04:58 PM
I was in the same boat, then in my 18rh run a codex finally dropped, just stick with it, you will get one.

Now I just wish the weapon didn't absolutely suck, waste of 5 plat imo. Love the mystery armor though! :D

KingGiant
03-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Yeah I love the look of the set with the big yellow sparkles so I really want. Plus I think the high regent may be handy in pvp when the new global skill delay goes active ;)

Falcoholic
03-10-2011, 05:38 PM
I was running though vicious visitors finding nanotubing and got the codex drop. i got annoyed at not getting the drop during around ten runs thru sobek's, so i went on to another quest and got the drop....

KingGiant
03-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Pretty sure you cannot have the nanotubing quest and the codex quest at the same time. Since the nanotube quest is a result from finishing the codex quest. And yeah I finally got my codex. On the nanotubing one now.

Fyrce
03-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Codex was a bit annoying. First time I thought it was easy as heck: first run through Ao1:2, drop. Next time, it took like maybe 10 runs or more through Sobek's, then a few runs through other levels, even Ao2, before I finally got it again in Ao1:2. Go figure. But yeah, just go on with other quests.

Thank goodness I only had to kill Gurg twice to get his diamond, because really, lagging is horrible in there. 2nd time I did him was perfect: Mage got orb every time. And diamond dropped. Phew!

Took me a bit to realize lots of bosses do not drop that emerald thing. I think best were Mynas and Keeper. Do them 3-4 times and you'll probably have your 10, since most times there were multiple drops. Might have tried Overlord more, but too many people still think you have to glitch him. I have no patience :) Only killed him twice; no emerald offa him. Hell, no nada offa him.

I have no idea if you need the Ellie quest for the 43/43. I already had the previous 10 AO quests from Ao3 Sizoo + cyber + Ellie. However, someone said the quest guide has 44 quests on it, so sounds like you don't need Ellie to get 43/43. I'll find out on my bear if I ever decide to finish cyber with him. He's stuck on shards and BS came along, so he never finished cyber. However, I've got 2 mystery sets; now I need the 3rd one! Must finish quests.... must finish quests...

:)

Ayrilana
03-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Yeah it has 44 quests but Ellie's doesn't count. We were 9/9 before the update. I'm going through the quests right now on my other character trying to find out where the glitch is. So far the AO1, AO2, and majority of AO3 campaign quests are fine. Still have two more for AO3. I'm not looking forward to the the drop rates of the items but I was pretty lucky the first time through.

mcyto
03-10-2011, 07:17 PM
I got mine just this morning in either 1st or 4th level of, i think, AO2. It just unexpectedly dropped when I was doing another quest. when I was actually doing codex quest, I got nothing.
I say do another quest and you will eventually get the codex when you least expect it.

BlueMagma
03-10-2011, 08:41 PM
It's obvious that these crafted sets aren't as good as Rift, Void and Cosmos let alone the Elite Shadow sets. If you are going for this set, i would rather recommend you to do the cyber quest instead or invest in the mentioned sets. The one thing i love about these sets though is that they are very attractive, i can't help but wear it when i'm in balefort, just for show :P. Other than that, i wouldn't really use it.

Moogerfooger
03-10-2011, 08:45 PM
They are not as good as the Cyber sets...but a whole lot easier to get :p

And they do look wicked. +1

Sigkill
03-10-2011, 09:14 PM
i got the shiz in less then 20 secs

Fyrce
03-11-2011, 12:12 AM
It occurs to me if you are currently leveling a character and reach Alien Oasis, you would go into town and start the quests at maybe level 35 or 40. You'd go along and level and do the Ao1 quests, then Ao2, and then Ao3 and at some point also get going on the Mysterious set, which will give you an armor set for level 50.

Then you can farm Ao3 for the cyber set, which you cannot start until you ave level 50. You can probably finish cyber before you level to 51. With cyber, you will then maybe spend a few levels in Shadow Caves and try to gear up some more and/or play in BS at the same time.

I think Elite campaigns are supposed to be outside the normal leveling progression anyways, with items that are better than anything else of that level and a few levels beyond that.

Pharcyde
03-11-2011, 01:35 AM
For mage, the armor and helm actually goes really good with the keeper staff. Keeper set is just slightly better in its damage abilities.

I call the Keeper Set Old-Faithful. As for it is better for mob clearing then mega mage. But Mega has insane armor and medium-high regen. Also I think there are some invisible factors for Keeper Set, the staff obviously has higher splash damage then gem blast. When I use gem blast, I'm sitting there going "umm this is a aoe staff right?". Then the keeper set seems to have a farther range for spell damage. I don't really have proof, but all the plasma test runs I do with the sets are way easier with keeper, as in I am not having to run back to blast a enemy like I do with mega.

Ellyidol
03-11-2011, 01:39 AM
For the Gurgox quest, you get an orb right before he dies. So your "purple" to get the quest item.

Thats how I understood it, and it's worked for me twice on one run.