PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever work in Security?

Junside
03-10-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm wondering how that's like. I know we think the mall security guards are lame but I was suggested a position in corporate and events security.

hawkei
03-10-2011, 03:12 PM
I guarded a bag of potato chips once

Survivorfan
03-10-2011, 03:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ze1B6XCakk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ze1B6XCakk
Peanut Blart and Jelly!

Junside
03-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Paul Blart is an exception. He is a badass

Tengotengo
03-10-2011, 03:58 PM
it's a humongous amount of standing or sitting around. Mainly it's assumed that your presence alone is a factor in reducing crime. Truthfully, you have pretty much no ability to actually do much in a situation, as there's a lot of laws against manhandling dem perps. You don't carry weapons, you aren't allowed to fight or grab, you aren't allowed to do pretty much everything you're expecting to do in a security setup. You act more as a set of legal eyes for loss prevention.

KingFu
03-10-2011, 05:00 PM
it's a humongous amount of standing or sitting around. Mainly it's assumed that your presence alone is a factor in reducing crime. Truthfully, you have pretty much no ability to actually do much in a situation, as there's a lot of laws against manhandling dem perps. You don't carry weapons, you aren't allowed to fight or grab, you aren't allowed to do pretty much everything you're expecting to do in a security setup. You act more as a set of legal eyes for loss prevention.

So you get paid just to sit there? Dang....that's awesome! Can you play pl while you stand?;)

Survivorfan
03-10-2011, 06:02 PM
So you get paid just to sit there? Dang....that's awesome! Can you play pl while you stand?;)
-crosses fingers- please please please

Junside
03-10-2011, 06:13 PM
I don't think so. But also, I don't see how anyone would be watching you. But you'd leave yourself very vulnerable to trouble.

But maybe those security jobs where you work at the front desk would be safer to do so.

Tengotengo
03-10-2011, 06:15 PM
I had one set of friends who were hired to watch a high school at night. They played DnD all night. If you get night duty, I guarantee you'll be able to slip some in. Day shift usually means you have to be at least semi-aware and professional hehe

DanielRH
03-11-2011, 01:28 AM
*plays PL all night :)*

Lol where I an right now (in Israel) its like going through airport security every time you want to go into a mall lol...

Pharcyde
03-11-2011, 01:53 AM
Some security gaurds are just there for the scare factor and looks. So yeah you can play PL all day and get payed for it ;)