PDA

View Full Version : FACT : We dont own anything in this game

Kimpling
02-18-2015, 05:10 AM
Brandon replied:
We investigate every player that is reported to us, no one is treated differently. Our Terms of Service specifically state that we own your account and may close it any time, for any reason.

Regards,

Brandon

So u think your acc is yours? NO. You think spending real money to buy plat, have an arcane pet, arcane ring, and being an OP char, that char is yours? NO.
The fact is we have nothing in this game, that ToS is irrefutable.

STS own your account, they may close it any time for any reason
You break the rules in ToS ---> Banned
You did something bad / still debating issues but not against ToS ----> Back to number 1, sts can close any account for any reason because they own all account in AL.
You think isnt fair because theres lot of ppl do the same thing like you but only your account closed? ---> Back to number 1, remember that sts own all account in AL. They free to choose which account will closed.

So, dont be so serious in game. All u have here is FUN, if u cant having fun here thats the sign for u to quit this game.

epicrrr
02-18-2015, 05:21 AM
I played this gaming knowing this, so i can be comfortable with my gameplay. The sooner you accept this thing about fine print and account and item ownership the more fun you can have. I also accept that i am a costumer/player renting a platform for my entertainment consumption. So i dont overspend and only dedicate my free time in playing.

Fyrce
02-18-2015, 05:54 AM
You do know this is true of all online/mobile games, right? Try violating some other games' TOS and see what happens.

Litheus
02-18-2015, 07:12 AM
what is a tos

Kimpling
02-18-2015, 07:29 AM
You do know this is true of all online/mobile games, right? Try violating some other games' TOS and see what happens.

100% agree with that, but what about something that not written in ToS ?

what is a tos

Terms of Service
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?385-Terms-of-Service

Magegrimm
02-18-2015, 07:42 AM
This is the reason why I quit spending my real life money in STS games

Enviado do meu SM-G350 através de Tapatalk

Soundlesskill
02-18-2015, 07:52 AM
It's not a problem unless they abuse the power. If they did abuse it, no one would play the game and they wouldn't get paid. So they won't get anything out of banning randomly.

obee
02-18-2015, 08:57 AM
It's simple. If you break a rule, you get banned for a period of time, or for forever. If STS didn't do this, AL would be in chaos mode.

ClumsyCactus
02-18-2015, 09:21 AM
What do you EXPECT?
ALL the things we "own" are pixels and codes stored on THEIR servers, ofcourse we dont own it.

Commander.
02-18-2015, 10:22 AM
i disagree with you , you literally own your account and you can do whatever changes in the account but when you break their rules then they ganna own your account .

Nheedles
02-18-2015, 10:29 AM
So u think your acc is yours? NO. You think spending real money to buy plat, have an arcane pet, arcane ring, and being an OP char, that char is yours? NO.
The fact is we have nothing in this game, that ToS is irrefutable.

STS own your account, they may close it any time for any reason
You break the rules in ToS ---> Banned
You did something bad / still debating issues but not against ToS ----> Back to number 1, sts can close any account for any reason because they own all account in AL.
You think isnt fair because theres lot of ppl do the same thing like you but only your account closed? ---> Back to number 1, remember that sts own all account in AL. They free to choose which account will closed.

So, dont be so serious in game. All u have here is FUN, if u cant having fun here thats the sign for u to quit this game.

What the hell!?

ITS THEIR GAME! You are playing "there" game and its there rules.

Want to have you're OWN game and OWN rules?

http://unity3d.com/ , welcome.

Dragoonclaws
02-18-2015, 10:45 AM
What the hell!?

ITS THERE GAME! You are playing "there" game and its there rules.

their*

Brandon replied:
We investigate every player that is reported to us, no one is treated differently. Our Terms of Service specifically state that we own your account and may close it any time, for any reason.

Regards,

Brandon

and I think the fact isn't meant to be taken that way.

The account is yours, the games is their game. Want to play, then respect the ToS you accept by clicking >Play<.
If you're not respecting the rules, it's their right to stop you, by banning the account, or banning your IP adress.

Now what's meant in ''we own your acount''?

Your account information is stocked in their servers, in order to have control and restrictions over it, so you can' modify your account and give yourself a given level, or an item. Since the account is stocked in their server and they have the right to edit their server's infos, they also have the right to delete your account (close it) from their servers.

Play it right, play it cool, have fun, or don't. They won't touch your account if you do.

Kimpling
02-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Ikr about breaking the rules in tos and the risk lol, im not a newbie in online games.

The point is what if theres no rules about "something" in tos (maybe not yet), and when we do that sts make a punishment to us bcoz of that. When we ask them to please show me the rules in tos about that thing, they cant show it and only said "we own all acc in game and we can do anything for any reason"....

Question is is there any "unwritten rules" outside ToS? And only sts know that thing bcoz they r the boss? And they can do anything as they want bcoz this is their game?

No offense really, like i said this game for fun, if u cant find your fun feel free to quit n find other games.

Caabatric
02-18-2015, 12:06 PM
This is almost nothing compared to other games.
In LoL just for going afk you can be perma banned.
If you break a rule they ban your IP so you can never join the game again and they block your IP from other games they created and warn other major studios about your record.

Dragoonclaws
02-18-2015, 12:10 PM
Ikr about breaking the rules in tos and the risk lol, im not a newbie in online games.

The point is what if theres no rules about "something" in tos (maybe not yet), and when we do that sts make a punishment to us bcoz of that. When we ask them to please show me the rules in tos about that thing, they cant show it and only said "we own all acc in game and we can do anything for any reason"....

Question is is there any "unwritten rules" outside ToS? And only sts know that thing bcoz they r the boss? And they can do anything as they want bcoz this is their game?

No offense really, like i said this game for fun, if u cant find your fun feel free to quit n find other games.

No, they don't do this because it's their game. They can do it for that reason aswell. Remember that rules are very general, and are made in order to cover a lot of cases. No rule is specific to a specific case. The ''unwritten rules'' are meant in the general rules. I also think that they must be able to specify the broken rule.

Then, you're probably doing something that they consider wrong, and that is not explained in the actual rules. If more players try doing it, expect a modification in the TOS in order to cover that one wrong action.

obee
02-18-2015, 12:18 PM
This is almost nothing compared to other games.
In LoL just for going afk you can be perma banned.
If you break a rule they ban your IP so you can never join the game again and they block your IP from other games they created and warn other major studios about your record.
Ok first of all, why would STS tell other companies what you've done. It'd be nearly impossible for them to prove it was you. Second, you can't get banned for being away from keyboard. I don't see how you can be banned for that, but I can guarantee you it's not that.

CouchPass
02-18-2015, 12:36 PM
Ok first of all, why would STS tell other companies what you've done. It'd be nearly impossible for them to prove it was you. Second, you can't get banned for being away from keyboard. I don't see how you can be banned for that, but I can guarantee you it's not that.

Completely agree. They cannot ban you from other games or even remotely make other games bane you. Therefore the only way you cant get banned is if you do something bad in that game. StS is not a warlord over every other game. They have no control in other gaming platforms. So, even if you get banned from Arcane Legends or from all StS games (which I don't recommend), you can still play all other games that are not controlled by StS.

Have a Nice Day.

Caabatric
02-18-2015, 03:40 PM

LoL is a moba right so being afk hugely impacts your team. Also they have a ranking system which is why the punishment is so hard. Yesterday, my friend was banned for this exact reason. They can moniter you using the player report system that they have put in place.

Also i was wrong about the IP thing. It is only if you attempt to hack, change, modify, bot etc and you are only banned from games made by RIOT.

Dragoonclaws
02-18-2015, 03:42 PM
LoL is a moba right so being afk hugely impacts your team. Also they have a ranking system which is why the punishment is so hard. Yesterday, my friend was banned for this exact reason. They can moniter you using the player report system that they have put in place.

Also i was wrong about the IP thing. It is only if you attempt to hack, change, modify, bot etc and you are only banned from games made by RIOT.

Thank you for the correction, it enlights more about the subject.

obee
02-18-2015, 03:56 PM

This isn't a moba.

Caabatric
02-18-2015, 04:19 PM
This isn't a moba.

just showing that this game isnt the only one with a harsh punishment system or where you dont actually control your account

Remarked
02-18-2015, 04:47 PM
And the purpose of making this thread because?

Zeus
02-18-2015, 04:52 PM
As with most software, one doesn't own any of the software or the data held within but merely pays to lease the software's content.

It's nothing new so know your limitations and tread carefully when gambling with the enjoyment this game provides.

Fauksuras
02-18-2015, 06:35 PM
So, this is what happens when you mix kids and legal matters. Who would have thought?

Encase
02-18-2015, 06:38 PM
What the hell!?

Aw cmon ... NO use unreal engine 4

Trollish
02-19-2015, 01:01 AM
What the hell!?

its THEIR not THERE

Iliketolol
02-19-2015, 02:05 AM
its THEIR not THERE

Grammar nazi!

Kimpling
02-19-2015, 04:14 AM
And the purpose of making this thread because?

1. Because we play based on tos, and still got punishment bcos something that not exist in tos.
2. Because the punishment not given to all ppl who doin that thing, but only for some unlucky players.
3. Because this is pure business for sts, in fact they wont loose their loyal plat user so that unlucky players usually non plat user.
4. Because they said the power of this game is Community, but thats just a slogan for a better marketing strategy like CRM (Customer Relationship Management).

Axesam
02-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Because u r that unlucky player and jealous with the lucky players

obee
02-19-2015, 01:02 PM
1. Because we play based on tos, and still got punishment bcos something that not exist in tos.
2. Because the punishment not given to all ppl who doin that thing, but only for some unlucky players.
3. Because this is pure business for sts, in fact they wont loose their loyal plat user so that unlucky players usually non plat user.
4. Because they said the power of this game is Community, but thats just a slogan for a better marketing strategy like CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
1. Give me an example where you got banned for something not on TOS. Have you even read the TOS is the question?
2. Good point, there are lots of scammers, hackers, and cheaters out there.
3. This is business. How do they pay people?
4. The power of the game is community...lol if no one played, STS would not exist.

vawaid
02-19-2015, 01:18 PM
That's how world works.. always there be rules.

sent by a nab using tapasucks

Allocate
02-20-2015, 02:41 AM
Yep!

Now why would I pay for a game that don't physically own?

killarrow
02-20-2015, 04:28 AM
Because u r that unlucky player and jealous with the lucky players

Do you really know that the thing you call luck in this game is not really yours?

Putting your money in AL or any online games for that matter which don't pay you back IRL cash is worse than gambling. This is one of those games who don't even mind pocketing kids money without clearly informing them of the legal age for gambling.

Axesam
02-20-2015, 05:25 AM
Do you really know that the thing you call luck in this game is not really yours?

Putting your money in AL or any online games for that matter which don't pay you back IRL cash is worse than gambling. This is one of those games who don't even mind pocketing kids money without clearly informing them of the legal age for gambling.

Agree :)

But do u really know that theres lot of ppl in AL selling gold, item, pet, even an account via real money ? They did gambling by spending money on plat and try to make real money profit by selling arcane/gold irl.
Do you really know that sts close their eyes because ppl who against tos is their loyal plat user?
Do you really know the reason why ppl put a cheap item in auct with huge price is a trick for ppl who buying gold via real money?

Do you really know why they said kill farming is against tos but that dummy user still exist in leaderboard?

Money talk here, thats the point.

Nheedles
02-20-2015, 05:54 AM
their*

Grammar nazi -.-

Yumisa
02-23-2015, 04:46 PM
Your putting it in a mean way but i have never heard of a scenario where STS banned an account that did not deserve to be banned. Now please tell me the opposite.

tautari
02-23-2015, 05:14 PM
Wow making a big deal about nothing guys

Blissfulgod
02-24-2015, 11:27 AM
Did anyone else chuckle at the nihilistic undertones? XD

Serancha
02-24-2015, 12:00 PM
Did anyone else chuckle at the nihilistic undertones? XD

Kimp always makes me chuckle. He is not actually nihilistic though *smacks Bliss for making me google that*. He has a disturbingly strong belief that Eva is the love of his life...

obee
02-24-2015, 12:27 PM
Kimp always makes me chuckle. He is not actually nihilistic though *smacks Bliss for making me google that*. He has a disturbingly strong belief that Eva is the love of his life...
Eva is my BAE!

octavos
03-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Thats why when something I purchase a game ex: skyrim for a console...Do you really own it...heres some info :)
http://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/sep/03/do-you-own-your-digital-content

It used to be so easy: your photographs filled up boxes and albums; your CDs, books and films filled up shelves; your thoughts and ideas filled up notebooks and diaries, and when you died there were physical things to be distributed among your family and friends.

Technology has changed the way we keep and share our memories, and also the way many of us own our books and music. News that Bruce Willis is reportedly considering legal action against Apple to make sure he can leave his virtual record collection to his daughters will have surprised anyone who thought their online possessions were theirs to dispose of as they choose. So what rights do you have over the accounts and goods that exist only virtually?

"Across the world the law is in a state of flux – it hasn't evolved to keep up with innovation in digital content," says Jas Purewal, interactive entertainment and digital media lawyer at Osborne Clarke. "It is set up to deal with physical goods, and it is not clear therefore what the position is with social network accounts, iTunes accounts, your subscription to Netflix, and so on."

There are not yet statutory laws around ownership of virtual goods, nor is there case law. The EU is looking at consumer protection in this area, but nothing has yet been passed, so Purelaw says it is being left to the providers of content to decide what they will allow consumers to do with items they buy and share online. He says there are promising signs judges recognise that virtual content can be owned like physical content, citing the 2011 case of a man jailed for stealing online poker chips.

Music and films
You might be surprised to find that in most cases you are effectively leasing the content, not buying it. This is because you are generally being sold a licence to use the song or film, not the item itself. Where the music is downloaded on to a device you can leave that to someone, but you cannot leave instructions to share out the holdings in your iTunes account after you are gone.

When it comes to the account's contents, "from a legal perspective there is nothing to leave," Purewal says. He works with online entertainment companies and says: "I can't think of any digital content providers who freely and openly allow the passage of ownership from one person to another." Either the terms and conditions will explicitly rule out sharing downloads, or will use language which implicitly rules against it.

Workarounds are possible: you could share your password and other account details with your family or even the person who will execute your estate, but you will be taking a risk as the content provider could suspend the account. But if US courts do decide iTunes has to allow users to pass on licences, this whole area may be opened up.

Books
As with music and films, when you die your virtual library will die with you. Amazon tells Kindle users: "The purchase and download of digital content from Amazon.co.uk, including content from the Kindle Store, is associated with the Amazon.co.uk account used to make the original purchase. As a result, Kindle content cannot be shared like a physical book."

So you can't move a book from one device to another, and you won't be able to split up a collection of books between family and friends. You could leave the device holding your collection to someone else, but if they needed to access the account for any reason they could run in to difficulties. Again, you cannot leave it to someone else with complete certainty.

Social media
"Most social media account holders are bound by their terms of business, and it is common for executors to be unable to access a deceased's customers account," says Nick Rhodes, associate solicitor at Blacks Solicitors. "The service providers seem reluctant to allow access as the accounts contain personal data about the deceased and fear breaching privacy rights. There is no established legislation or cases dealing with the release of personal data to executors."

Facebook's terms and conditions include the line: "You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission", which effectively rules out handing over your account when you die. However, it will let your family turn your page into a memorial page, provided they provide proof of your death.

Twitter says that when you sign up it "gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software", which implies an account cannot be transferred. It seems unlikely it would pursue an individual for logging into a relative's account after their death, but there are inactivity rules. Your account will not stay around forever if nothing is happening with it.

Yahoo!, which owns the photo-sharing site Flickr as well as running a webmail service, also states that users are granted "personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and licence" to use its software. It also makes it clear in its terms and conditions that it reserves the right to shut down inactive accounts. This is worth bearing in mind if you want to pass on photos which you are storing online – the account holding them could be deleted one day.

Despite these rules some companies are trying to trade on the idea that people may want to leave their accounts to their families when they die. Loccit, for example, offers to pull together your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Foursquare accounts to create an online version of "the secret shoebox of photos and memories we used to keep as children".

iCloud
Apple is very clear about ownership of iCloud accounts. It states in its terms and conditions: "You agree that your Account is non-transferable and that any rights to your Apple ID or Content within your Account terminate upon your death. Upon receipt of a copy of a death certificate your Account may be terminated and all Content within your Account deleted."

Emails
English law states that the copyright of emails and other material stored online forms part of people's estates, and should therefore pass to executors. However, lawyers say internet service providers do not always allow access. There can also be jurisdictional issues where ISPs may be based in a different country to where the user lived.

Rhodes says anyone worried about their digital legacy should "have a will stating that chosen executors have the right to access social accounts and digital assets, and to direct the executors on how the accounts and assets shall be dealt with.

"If the executors still meet resistance from the online providers then they could apply to court for an order allowing them to deal with everything in accordance with the will."

However, he says it remains to be seen how a court would react.

Arpluvial
03-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Hey guys! :)

This thread has lived through its constructive cycle, so I'm going to go ahead and lock it down.