PDA

View Full Version : 5 updates during the last two days and no info about it nor heads up for us to pause.

grzena1982
02-18-2015, 10:38 AM
This is not only very annoying, but also unprofessional, especially when one is in the middle of something.

cami
02-18-2015, 10:40 AM
what?

grzena1982
02-18-2015, 10:41 AM
Correction 6 now. My game keeps updating. Dont tell me its just me?

cami
02-18-2015, 10:44 AM
e.e???????????????????

I don't have that problem

grzena1982
02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
It must be on my side then. :-\ Thanks for clarification cami.

Dragoonclaws
02-18-2015, 10:51 AM
Correction 6 now. My game keeps updating. Dont tell me its just me?

Can you show us a screenshot of that update?

Usually, updates are done really quickly. The modified pack takes half a second to load.

grzena1982
02-18-2015, 11:05 AM
Im on the road just now, using mobile Internet which frequently causes me to dc and my client to update for some reason. I thought that sts is behind it, but as it seems thstswnot the case. Thanks for your concern guys. I do appreciate it.

Dragoonclaws
02-18-2015, 11:49 AM
This interface is used when your device can't connect with STS servers: For updates, maintenance, errors, unavailable internet connections and more.

Ex:

Some schools don't allow game connections. When trying to play AL in those schools, the school's security system will block AL, and it will show you this interface.

The connection might either be really bad, or blocked by something else. Since you're using mobile internet, you should expect a bad connection. STS is not behind this.

Thoughts: I think that bad connection causes a bad synchro between you and the other players, increasing ping for everyone. In order to prevent such ping increase, the servers will not allow bad connections, ,but I am not sure about this mechanism.

Petrichor
02-18-2015, 11:51 AM
Im on the road just now, using mobile Internet which frequently causes me to dc and my client to update for some reason. I thought that sts is behind it, but as it seems thstswnot the case. Thanks for your concern guys. I do appreciate it.

This has been an issue since their games were first around. It can be due to a variety of reasons. Try restarting your device. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the game. If that doesn't work your provider might be blocking some of the ports needed to play AL. This tends to happen on public wifi networks too. I noticed you said that it frequently causes you to DC. With that being said, another factor could be that your connection is not stable enough to support the game. It has happened to me before as well.