PDA

View Full Version : How is XP & gold distributed solo vs party play?

setec
04-10-2010, 08:03 PM
I know there were a lot of posts about suggestions so not all things can be answered. However, in a post I made earlier in suggestions, I had a specific question. I was wondering if someone from Spacetime could answer it.

Thanks.

Not so much a suggestion as a question regarding XP & Gold. If I solo (by password protecting my game) will I get more gold from the chests and more XP from each kill then if I was splitting it with a party. This is a comparison from WoW as well. If this is the case, it would be good to know in a FAQ so that if you want to level up quickly, you could choose to solo or if you wanted more gold to yourself you could choose to solo. I personally hope it is the opposite of WoW, in that no matter if there is 1 player or 5 players then, the XP for a creature kill is the same for all chars and the gold is the same for all chars. So, if a creature gives you 20 XP and the treasure chest gives you 7G, then everyone gets 20 XP and 7G, rather then splitting it evenly among the party. I think this is key to encouraging game play with multiple persons. If I know that I am splitting the gold and XP with other people, I might choose to solo a lot so that I have the gold to purchase items, but I miss out on the party play which is really one of the best parts of this game.

asommers
04-11-2010, 02:13 AM
I won't go into the details of the numbers. XP, gold and loot are split among party members, but we want to encourage party play, so there are bonuses when you play in a party to make it worthwhile.

-ALS

setec
04-11-2010, 03:35 AM
Ok, that's all I wanted to know. In WoW, you get less XP for being in a party. So, sometimes it is worth it to Solo. However, I have noticed in PL that I level slower soloing and I don't mean because it takes longer to do the map. It just goes much quicker, especially in a party of 5.

Thanks!!

Revail
01-22-2015, 02:08 AM
Bruh.