PDA

View Full Version : Remiem's Weekly Community Update | February 18, 2015

Remiem
02-18-2015, 06:44 PM
The love just doesn't stop flowin'!

Greetings Legends, and welcome to your weekly community update!

In This Week's News

Love Crafting Event
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Public Test Server last week! This client is actually a big one for us, because it isn't just the Love Crafting event but includes a lot of behind-the-scenes code updates that will be the bones of some very cool new features, events and updates in the future. So, the test server helped us to dig up a lot of bugs and identify key issues before the event goes live.

That being said, we have taken our findings from the test server will need to do some additional fixes before the event goes live. We know, it's USUALLY not fun to wait, but we are addingyet another part to our Player Love series! Starting tomorrow, 2/19, you will notice that killing a boss yields a sweet new reward....Ankhs! That's right. This weekend only Ankhs (previously only available for platinum or on the consignment shop) are dropping off of bosses all over Arlor!

Check out this post from productor for more on what's next: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?211000-Producer-s-Note-On-Lovecrafting-and-Public-Testing [link]

In This Week's Update
In addition to the Great Arlor Ankh Drop we've also hammered out a few bug fixes that we think you'll like:

+ Taurus the Hammer in Planar Tombs 3 has had his damage range corrected for his large AOE radius attack.
+ Taurus the Hammer's now has a more appropriate indicator for his charge attack.
+ Guards in the Planar Tombs and Shuyal dungeons now have more appropriate warning zones for their abilities.

Coming Soon

As we mentioned last week, the following bug fixes will go in along with the Lovecrafting Event client, coming soon:
+ Pets will now teleport into the Planar Arena if they get stuck behind the sword wall of death.
+ Re-egging returns!
+ Ignoring a player will now apply the ignore to all characters on that player's account.
+ Double Damage display numbers and missing dodge/crit/miss markers are all fixed and displaying properly.
+ The consignment shop has been optimized for bandwidth.

In the same client, we have also reinstated Elite Map Timers. We received a number of suggestions around this, and ultimately decided that the best thing for the game would be to reinstate the timers. But, that being said, we will be reassessing the use of timers as we move forward into the next expansion and new elite content. More on that in the future!

We'll continue to focus our efforts on known bugs, found here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?158141-Complete-list-of-current-bugs into next week as we focus our tech resources on getting the Lovecrafting event out the door.

While some bugs will bigger and more urgent than others, it's all in the name of tying up those loose ends and polishing up each and every aspect of your Arcane Legends experience.

In Other News

We received some questions about things that were mentioned in past updates but have fallen off the radar lately, please let me know if I forget anything here. I'm happy to address any unanswered questions:

The Re-assessment of PvE Gold Payouts
A couple of weeks ago we discussed the possibility that PvE gold drops and quest payouts didn't quite match up to the current economic state of Arcane Legends. We did a deep dive into the numbers and the current gold distribution around Arlor and found that, as suspected, that is a rather large gap between new/lower level characters and the affluent end-gamers. However, the economy can also be very delicate. Just applying a blanket increase to quest gold payouts seems like a good idea at the top level, but upon further analysis we discovered that the ripple effect that would have on the economy would be too risky. We are exploring a few other ideas that will help to bridge this gap, but they will need to work out more of the specifics before revealing them to the public. We'll revisit this sometime in the future.

Smart Chat
This came up a couple of times in last week's update and it's a very fair question. Adding a toggle for smart chat sounds simple, but does actually require the whole team to make it a reality. Design/UI to create the button/switch, Tech to add in the code that will turn it off and on, Quality Assurance to catch any bugs, etc. At this point it is still in the planning phase and does not have an exact ETA. I do realize it is a priority for you all, so we will continue to keep you updated as the process progresses.

Teleport to Guild Hall
We're looking at the best ways to get you quicker access to your guild hall. This is still in planning and will arrive in a future update, but there is no ETA just yet.

Class Balance/Skill System
As we continue to dive into the idea of revamping the Arcane Legends skill system, the real scope of the project is becoming clearer and...it's HUGE. The skills in Arcane Legends are such a fundamental part of the game, with hundreds of thousands of players who have built their strategies around the skills that have been around since the beginning of time. Arlor time, that is. So, the reality of the situation is that the skill system update is something that we are going to have to take our time on. That amount of time is still undetermined, but as you can imagine, changing such a core game feature needs love--rush it, and the results could be catastrophic.

In the meantime, we do plan on actively pursuing a more balanced Arlor. As we continue development on new content, we will be better catering the content to class balance. This means things like: mechanics that require the skills of each class, not just balance. While your suggestions on stat tweaks are much appreciated and immensely helpful, making blanket changes to class stats could have unexpected and far-reaching effects on the game. Doing so would take extensive planning, testing and tweaking, much like the skill system. We will keep you updated on long terms plans on the balance front, but for now know that we will be taking the small steps necessary in the meantime to give every class an important role and purpose in our upcoming content.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's Next?

What do you want to see next, folks? Let us know in the comments what you would like to see us put our attention on next and share your most brilliant ideas. I'll see you in next week's update!

Hadec
02-18-2015, 06:49 PM
wooop

ketoh
02-18-2015, 06:53 PM
nice

Valkiirye
02-18-2015, 06:55 PM
Good

Problmatique
02-18-2015, 07:05 PM
If Jarl drops Ankhs....that's going to be an amazing way for poor/people who don't want to buy ankhs players to stock up :-)

BaronB
02-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Hmmm is guild message of the day coming with update ? Sorry if ive missed this if mentioned >.<

1 <3

Problmatique
02-18-2015, 07:28 PM
@BaronB It'll be released when they release the Love Crafting Client

ueveotadeo
02-18-2015, 07:47 PM
all i got from those beautifull words is a big "we wont be fixing end game balance neither revamping skill system this year"

justhell
02-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Yay... finally red zone fix :D ... how about unstable conection?

ketoh
02-18-2015, 07:59 PM
I propose to top guild 1-10 get the banner of sts given to the guild masters for a minimum of 10 officers guild banner but if they go down on his next week will be moved to the guild banner that replace his position. let the spirit of all increase the guild rank and compete only suggestion LOL

Remarked
02-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Mind taking off that useless skill "knock back" in mages arcane shield and adding somthing different?

bedmaster
02-18-2015, 08:39 PM
I found that ghul bellybottom, when his aura is on, can be damaged as much as when he is weakened. Id like a mythic version of maridos, a new mythic ring, a new guild hall, mage buff and new middle class gun for mage (bored of expedition rifles). Hope this helps

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Diggdugg
02-18-2015, 08:41 PM
Darn... All I read was squishy blue mages will still be squishy another year... Yea :-/

Caabatric
02-18-2015, 08:51 PM
jarl im coming for yaa

Bellaelda
02-18-2015, 08:56 PM
Yeah doesn't sound like tanks pve and mages pvp are getting help anytime soon, but ty for the red zone bug fixes and gh board.

Candylicks
02-18-2015, 09:37 PM
Genie fix?

Rx8
02-18-2015, 09:48 PM
jarl im coming for yaa

Wrong, i am coming for UUUU!!!

Caabatric
02-19-2015, 12:37 AM
Wrong, i am coming for UUUU!!!
OH NO i lost 0% of my health 0.0 runnnn!!!!

Rx8
02-19-2015, 04:26 AM
OH NO i lost 0% of my health 0.0 runnnn!!!!

*taps breezes AA w/ lightning*

BOOM....

Opry
02-19-2015, 06:31 AM
wuuut <3 <3

Maarkus
02-19-2015, 07:18 AM
[QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Remiem;2057342]

In Other News

As we continue to dive into the idea of revamping the Arcane Legends skill system, the real scope of the project is becoming clearer and...it's HUGE. The skills in Arcane Legends are such a fundamental part of the game, with hundreds of thousands of players who have built their strategies around the skills that have been around since the beginning of time. Arlor time, that is. So, the reality of the situation is that the skill system update is something that we are going to have to take our time on. That amount of time is still undetermined, but as you can imagine, changing such a core game feature needs love--rush it, and the results could be catastrophic.

In the meantime, we do plan on actively pursuing a more balanced Arlor. As we continue development on new content, we will be better catering the content to class balance. This means things like: mechanics that require the skills of each class, not just balance. While your suggestions on stat tweaks are much appreciated and immensely helpful, making blanket changes to class stats could have unexpected and far-reaching effects on the game. Doing so would take extensive planning, testing and tweaking, much like the skill system. We will keep you updated on long terms plans on the balance front, but for now know that we will be taking the small steps necessary in the meantime to give every class an important role and purpose in our [QUOTE]

Hi Remiem,
Thanks for the updates, much appreciated as usual :)

Thank you also for the transparency And honestly that sts is not sure when the skill will be fixed. I takws a lot to admit that one doesnt know but in mentioning that can certain things be dne that is withon the current skill system?

I only play the warrior class so im going to be warrior pve specific here.

The reason why i put this across is that as mentioned and quite known, the warrior class is the least efficient endgame pve farming class thus with that parties rarely need a warrior. The threath here is that as the new expan is comming and farming will be essential we may face another demographic being alienated from farming. I understand that you are looking into maps that will need a mix class combination to run but at the moment can you kind look at the warrior skills and review.

Chestsplitter has an upgrade called staggering blow; the cancell boss wind up was 'disabled' sometime in season 3, can this be enabled/activated again as this was and can be the saving grace of warriors in a party. The red zone fixes are being implemented this will just enable different classes to go range albut if a warrior can cancell the boss and mob windup then we can have a chance at being and integral cmponent in the farming party

Aside from this, armor reduction is another avenue where warrior can benefit a farming party. Which is also already i tegrated into our skills. Axe throw has this option (skill upgrade : Denting Blow) though it is only 10percent, and i assume its duration is 1sec can this be modified to atleast 30percent armor reduction and last atleast 2seconds?

I push and appeal for such changes as mentioned i other threads the warrior class efficientcy in PVE farming is near obsolete and the proposed skill solution... For chestsplitter its not even a buff , inonly suggest to bring back the upgrade as it is not active. For axe throw it is a buff but a much needed one.

I have seen enough fellow warriors change to rogues just to farm, and enough social alienation for warrior class thus i really hope you that my suggestions seriously.

Thanks for reading

Maarkus

Twix
02-19-2015, 07:18 AM
We really don't need a mage buff. They are difficult to take down as it is. Their 2 sec invulnerability lets them stun and kill you, and you cant even move. I suggest giving rogues our 10% damage back, or a % or few of it back.

Candylicks
02-19-2015, 09:12 AM
Please fix Maridos!!!!!!! We are only getting +10 to each stat, it was supposed to be +15

How about implementing a forum calendar where you list the upcoming events for the month? Would be nice to have a place to see what will pop on what day, instead of the guessing game that we have to do.

notfaded1
02-19-2015, 11:46 AM
One thing that can be done right away to reverse some of the economies lack of gold would be to put the 50k back in locked and maybe add a rare 100k!!! Also maybe WAR do need something for PvE only to help them compete.

notfaded1
02-19-2015, 11:47 AM
Please fix Maridos!!!!!!! We are only getting +10 to each stat, it was supposed to be +15

How about implementing a forum calendar where you list the upcoming events for the month? Would be nice to have a place to see what will pop on what day, instead of the guessing game that we have to do.

Yes please fix this NEW PET MARIDOS we aren't getting the +15 we are supposed to get and while carapace is at it how about it little more crit???

Soundlesskill
02-19-2015, 11:52 AM
Yes, yes, yes! Fatties got their redzone corrected!

Remiem
02-19-2015, 12:05 PM

Hey Candy, we definitely have the Maridos fix on our list. :) It didn't quite make it into this update but it is on our to-do's. I'll bring it up in next week's update.

As for a monthly calendar, it would be totally awesome but... In the game industry in general, unexpected things come up all the time that sometimes cause us to have to alter our plans to best serve the game and the community. That means, even if we hope to get something out one weekend (an event, a sale, etc.), it's always possible there will have to be a last minute switcheroo on our end. We would hate to lay out everything and then disappoint players if they were expecting something that they didn't end up getting.

You may have noticed in the past that even little info leaks can have pretty big ripples in the game, especially the game economy. So it's best to stay the course and announce things only when we are 100% sure that it's a done deal. Coded, tested, and approved.

ueveotadeo
02-19-2015, 12:06 PM

In Other News

In the meantime, we do plan on actively pursuing a more balanced Arlor. As we continue development on new content, we will be better catering the content to class balance. This means things like: mechanics that require the skills of each class, not just balance. While your suggestions on stat tweaks are much appreciated and immensely helpful, making blanket changes to class stats could have unexpected and far-reaching effects on the game. Doing so would take extensive planning, testing and tweaking, much like the skill system. We will keep you updated on long terms plans on the balance front, but for now know that we will be taking the small steps necessary in the meantime to give every class an important role and purpose in our upcoming content.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Remiem,

Thank you also for the transparency And honestly that sts is not sure when the skill will be fixed. I takws a lot to admit that one doesnt know but in mentioning that can certain things be dne that is withon the current skill system?

The reason why i put this across is that as mentioned and quite known, the warrior class is the least efficient endgame pve farming class thus with that parties rarely need a warrior. The threath here is that as the new expan is comming and farming will be essential we may face another demographic being alienated from farming. I understand that you are looking into maps that will need a mix class combination to run but at the moment can you kind look at the warrior skills and review.

Chestsplitter has an upgrade called staggering blow; the cancell boss wind up was 'disabled' sometime in season 3, can this be enabled/activated again as this was and can be the saving grace of warriors in a party. The red zone fixes are being implemented this will just enable different classes to go range albut if a warrior can cancell the boss and mob windup then we can have a chance at being and integral cmponent in the farming party

Aside from this, armor reduction is another avenue where warrior can benefit a farming party. Which is also already i tegrated into our skills. Axe throw has this option (skill upgrade : Denting Blow) though it is only 10percent, and i assume its duration is 1sec can this be modified to atleast 30percent armor reduction and last atleast 2seconds?

I push and appeal for such changes as mentioned i other threads the warrior class efficientcy in PVE farming is near obsolete and the proposed skill solution... For chestsplitter its not even a buff , inonly suggest to bring back the upgrade as it is not active. For axe throw it is a buff but a much needed one.

I have seen enough fellow warriors change to rogues just to farm, and enough social alienation for warrior class thus i really hope you that my suggestions seriously.

Thanks for reading

Maarkus

+12312435123413421 to this!

And another thing, FIX THE SCALING MOBS EXPLOIT ON TOMBS AND ELITE TINDIRIM!

We have been asking for this for months now and our requests just get ignored.

Earlingstad
02-19-2015, 12:55 PM
One thing that can be done right away to reverse some of the economies lack of gold would be to put the 50k back in locked and maybe add a rare 100k!!!

That will again pump in huge amounts of gold into game which we do not need. Gold sinks were created for a reason. Easy gold in the hands of some, means monopolizing by hoarding good CS items and releasing them at ridiculously high prices for the others which is unfair and unhealthy to most of the community. So I'd say no to locked-crate gold. The gold we need can be converted from platinum, a way that will keep the game-gold amount in check.

hozukreti
02-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Thanks for great work! can't wait for mage class to be fix for make it balance with other class.

Energizeric
02-19-2015, 02:56 PM
The Re-assessment of PvE Gold Payouts
A couple of weeks ago we discussed the possibility that PvE gold drops and quest payouts didn't quite match up to the current economic state of Arcane Legends. We did a deep dive into the numbers and the current gold distribution around Arlor and found that, as suspected, that is a rather large gap between new/lower level characters and the affluent end-gamers. However, the economy can also be very delicate. Just applying a blanket increase to quest gold payouts seems like a good idea at the top level, but upon further analysis we discovered that the ripple effect that would have on the economy would be too risky. We are exploring a few other ideas that will help to bridge this gap, but they will need to work out more of the specifics before revealing them to the public. We'll revisit this sometime in the future.

I agree that changes here could have far reaching effects on the economy. I think trying to pump gold into the hands of lower level players is like adding water to the shallow end of your pool... it's just going to flow down to the deep end. That is how a free market economy works. Unless we implement some form of socialism in this game (wealth redistribution), there is always going to be a big gap between the hard core end game players and new & lower level players.

In the end, I think just having good items that can be farmed for (like the Amulet recipe) gives any player the chance to become rich.

Candylicks
02-19-2015, 03:00 PM
Hey Candy, we definitely have the Maridos fix on our list. :) It didn't quite make it into this update but it is on our to-do's. I'll bring it up in next week's update.

As for a monthly calendar, it would be totally awesome but... In the game industry in general, unexpected things come up all the time that sometimes cause us to have to alter our plans to best serve the game and the community. That means, even if we hope to get something out one weekend (an event, a sale, etc.), it's always possible there will have to be a last minute switcheroo on our end. We would hate to lay out everything and then disappoint players if they were expecting something that they didn't end up getting.

You may have noticed in the past that even little info leaks can have pretty big ripples in the game, especially the game economy. So it's best to stay the course and announce things only when we are 100% sure that it's a done deal. Coded, tested, and approved.

Thanks for the heads up on Maridos fix, hope they can lay it in next week.

I disagree w/ the calendar I think it would hold devs more accountable with the time frame of events and the community would appreciate the communication. Logging onto the forums and 5-6 threads every day asking 'what is going on' and the chat box filled with the same is a turn-off to veterans and new forumers alike. Having a central calendar to click would help. As far as last minute switcheroo- 'dates subject to change' is all you need to include at the top. The players aren't unreasonable.

Also, there is a lot of traction happening on the LB thread in general. A lot of good ideas are suggested, any way we could get Cara to comment on some of them to see if our ideas are even within the realm of possibility from a technical standpoint? We might be tossing out what we think are golden ideas, when in reality are impossible.

There is mention of latent code in the next client, is this expansion content or are you already laying the groundwork for the skills changes?

Thank you for reading/listening it's appreciated!

Ardbeg
02-19-2015, 03:07 PM

Thanks for reading

Maarkus

i created a rogue and to be honest, while playing only with rogues in a party is shockingly effective (above some gear treshold) it s also pretty dang boring.
theres nothing more enjoyable then running with a full diverse party where everyone knows to play his role.
mechanisms built in the maps are a good quick fix, but warriors should be naturally desired for their skills in a party.
a simple chest splitter and axe throw buff in pve could help a lot to keep tanks in game while the big revamp is done.

Serancha
02-19-2015, 06:58 PM
In-game wealth doesn't actually have to do with level, it's really crate-poppers vs non-poppers. I know a lot of twinks with insane amounts of gold who don't even play end-game.

- Elite bosses dropping a few pennies is just silly when they take so much effort to reach and kill. Adding a chance of 50 or 100k to the higher elite bosses would be immensely helpful all around.

- For that matter, why is it only crate poppers who have a chance to earn plat? Most games allow you chances to actually earn some of the purchasable in-game currency as you play.

- Giving low level bosses tons of gold would just increase the bot issues we already see too much of.

- Adding more money to crates would further increase the wealth gap, rather than helping solve it. STS has thankfully been starting to move away from crates as the only way to make decent money. Let's not go backwards please.

Lightsynergy
02-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Hahaha this updates are very slow and moving slowly rather then entire update coming all at once , ty sts and keep up your good work

Littlegroot
02-19-2015, 08:56 PM
This is the second time your management fail to deliver the goods.
So as to say, it's a company and it's not a non profit organization.

So does the management also not pay their workers on time?
Are you guys under manpower ?

Don't give excuses.
Valentine Day is 14th Feb.
Can't do it, don't bother to mention it beforehand.
This will backfire the whole gaming platform towards your own CUSTOMERS
Customers = Revenues
Revenues = Outcome of your company

Now I did mention word of mouth is strong.
Never under estimate the power of social media, nobody recommends this game anymore.
Poor IT support, unable to keep up to date with the current and future "trends".
Failure to keep own promises to your customers.

Bye bye Arcane Legend.

Rx8
02-20-2015, 12:07 AM
i created a rogue and to be honest, while playing only with rogues in a party is shockingly effective (above some gear treshold) it s also pretty dang boring.
theres nothing more enjoyable then running with a full diverse party where everyone knows to play his role.
mechanisms built in the maps are a good quick fix, but warriors should be naturally desired for their skills in a party.
a simple chest splitter and axe throw buff in pve could help a lot to keep tanks in game while the big revamp is done.

Yesterday i saw Oneebac in pvp, today - i see oneebro...

Rx8
02-20-2015, 12:14 AM
In-game wealth doesn't actually have to do with level, it's really crate-poppers vs non-poppers. I know a lot of twinks with insane amounts of gold who don't even play end-game.

- Elite bosses dropping a few pennies is just silly when they take so much effort to reach and kill. Adding a chance of 50 or 100k to the higher elite bosses would be immensely helpful all around.

- For that matter, why is it only crate poppers who have a chance to earn plat? Most games allow you chances to actually earn some of the purchasable in-game currency as you play.

- Giving low level bosses tons of gold would just increase the bot issues we already see too much of.

- Adding more money to crates would further increase the wealth gap, rather than helping solve it. STS has thankfully been starting to move away from crates as the only way to make decent money. Let's not go backwards please.

Insane gold with twinks with 25k, Can anyone just imagine what would be the effect when 50k is introduced? I already quit opening locks since the day i recieved a sam n singe. Hopefully i just started to farm, but yeah the time isnt even right for me. I see T3 empty, guild busy. And the best part....farming seems to be dead already, a few days back i saw the elite golden drag chests worth 175k (-.-)" now i see them 74k...

IMHO, I feel like quitting the game now. But yeah, its a hang-in there situation. And, i guess adding more gold to the arena's was a pretty good deal. Why not add 2-3 ankhs to Taraus? He hits real hard too..

extrapayah
02-20-2015, 07:40 AM
i say, let's keep the dropping ankhs forever :D

cost of playing PvE is actually more of potions and ankhs rather than gold, so if you're all afraid to make people get rich too fast,
then giving easy access to both potions and ankhs (or in daily basis, in a proper number) will encourage people to keep playing (and farming), even though they are poor

let's say, make bosses to have chance to drop 5/10 potions or 1 ankh, and keep it permanently :D

Bmwmsix
02-20-2015, 03:28 PM
>>>>

CHEST SPLITTER GIVE US FULL FUNCTIONALITY!!! ++++ AXE SKILL BUFF

Doesn't need much codes to change it, it's only you want warrior to progress or not.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ravager
02-20-2015, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=Remiem;2057342]

In Other News

Hi Remiem,

Thanks for reading

Maarkus
I agree.

Having full functionality, at the least, would tide me over until the skill system is redone. Otherwise, warriors will have little to no luck finding parties for elites for another year? The skill system revamp was mentioned early last year. We don't want to rush a major overhaul but at the same time we want to be able to play, farm, etc for the time being. This is the only class that I find ridiculous to even consider solo-running an elite too.

SacredKnight
02-21-2015, 10:25 PM
So can I have a refund on Scorch now please?

Rx8
02-22-2015, 08:22 AM
So can I have a refund on Scorch now please?

It sort of needs a buff in stats.....aaannd...umm...yeah buff the DMG absorption? :D

Mehmet Tuncay
02-22-2015, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=arcanexmen]Yes please fix this PET GLACİAN we aren't getting the +12 damage need and armor need we are supposed to get and while carapace is at it how about it little more crit please help remiem

xxjellybeanxx
02-23-2015, 09:32 AM
i hope u all can make some rewards on daily logins , or we can buy a key to unlock locks for free and not with plat
- plus make some event for the poor ( that is even to every player but not for arcane and mythic only )
- i wanna ask that IS THE NEW PLANAR ARMOR ARCANE( i thought is legendary ) ? WHY IS IT BETTER THAN THE MYTHIC ARMOR WE HAVE NOW (maybe u should change it to arcane label ?)
- put some easier way or something weird for the poor player to be rich ( cuz poor player cant play PVP at LV41 , we are like useless and nothing to do once we get to lv 41 , farming is boring for me nowadys i farmed for locks for 1 and half year and im done with the low price )
TQ hope u make some improvements to make the game more even
- or make a daily spin for us ( put arcane , mythic or eggs inside so that we have the hope of getting rich )

geeman75
02-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Buff Scorch plz I paid good money for junk.

notfaded1
02-23-2015, 01:27 PM
That will again pump in huge amounts of gold into game which we do not need. Gold sinks were created for a reason. Easy gold in the hands of some, means monopolizing by hoarding good CS items and releasing them at ridiculously high prices for the others which is unfair and unhealthy to most of the community. So I'd say no to locked-crate gold. The gold we need can be converted from platinum, a way that will keep the game-gold amount in check.

Ah... NO!

You obviously haven't been around very long... have you seen what's happened to the economy. The problem wasn't gold in locked crates it was plat farming. Since the plat farming has stopped the economy has very little gold even in it any longer. This doesn't make things easier to buy... btw. What good is a 50M arcane ring versus and 120M one if you don't have any?

I can live with it either way because I'm going to have what I need... but without more liquid assets it's pretty hard to buy ANYTHING. I suppose you can try and trade for stuff... have fun with that. The CS doesn't take trades.

NEWSLASH! The gold didn't come from normal people opening crates. It came from plat farmers glut of gold left over from opening thousands of crates looking for shards and red pets. The gold was an after effect of that contrary to a once held belief that it was all those crates legitimate people were opening.

It doesn't take a genius to put together 2 and 2 and see what's happened after the big hole was plugged.

And if you think gold comes from converting plat into gold you really don't know what you're talking about... no one in their right mind after playing any amount of AL does that... js.

notfaded1
02-23-2015, 01:43 PM

This sounds good but answer this... how is STS supposed to make money then?
If not crates then what? More energy??? Energy on normal maps maybe?

marfibagheera
02-23-2015, 02:22 PM
What is re-egging? ;)

Ssneakykills
02-23-2015, 03:57 PM
Probably not at the top of your list but how about a plat sale some time soon

And re egging means I can re egg a pet in my stable and put it on another toon?

Enterradora
02-24-2015, 06:37 AM
What is re-egging? ;)

re-egging is u can convert a pet in egg, i would put and example.

U poop a lock and loot and arcane egg, that egg is added in ur inventory on top of list (chest section), for and error click the 1 action button and hatch the egg, but ur intention was to sell or use in other char.
Then u can contact whit STS and tell them to convert the miss-hatch pet to egg again.

NOTE: U can't use this pet, that means the pet should be lvl1

zauilet
02-24-2015, 07:12 AM
when will the real event start brooo...?

ueveotadeo
02-24-2015, 07:29 AM
This sounds good but answer this... how is STS supposed to make money then?
If not crates then what? More energy??? Energy on normal maps maybe?

I for one dont like the idea of 50k and 100k on lockeds. Remiem have stated previously that STS is trying to find a way to make the gap between poor and rich players smaller. By taking this action they would do the complete oposite.

I like Serancha's idea of having Elite bosses droping more than 100gold. But it should not be a way of making gold, just balancing the costs of the run (ankhs, pots).

And answering to your question, STS still have plenty of ways to make money, ppl still pop crates and lets not forget that with bosses killing you in 1 hit ANKH sale increased a lot.

I have read a lot of sugestions/comments about this topic and at the begining I was thinking economy was broken as well. But lets not forget we are about to get a new expansion, so everyone is saving their gold, that's one reason for prices to fall a bit. Even so, I dont realy think it is broken, prices are coming back to what they should've always been, inflaction was very high and it will take a time for ppl to adjust to this.

I do think that economy is a bit unbalanced since most of the times you cant cover the costs of farming with bsoses drops. But that is just a minimal adjustment on the gold they drop as Serancha suggested.

magenice
02-24-2015, 08:30 AM
Please nerf rogues for pvp, look at this rogue holy mother of jesus how can we have a chance against these supermens!She started pvp at season 5 now look at her. withouth elixir 822 damage, each time I go pvp i'm dead with one arrow. They have more armpr,health,damage,critical,dps than sorcerer. why?

debitmandiri
02-24-2015, 12:25 PM
Please nerf rogues for pvp, look at this rogue holy mother of jesus how can we have a chance against these supermens!She started pvp at season 5 now look at her. withouth elixir 822 damage, each time I go pvp i'm dead with one arrow. They have more armpr,health,damage,critical,dps than sorcerer. why?

Hahahahaaha....ur statement is funny

ShannKey
02-24-2015, 01:15 PM
Lookong foreward to the.class balance and skill system upgrade. I know its a long time away to make sure its done properly but I can wait lol. Ever since I firat started playing I felt it was lacking in that department. I do enjoy thwe current set up but a more balanced system will do wonders. I must admit Im more excited about the skill system upgrade than anything :)

Ssneakykills
02-24-2015, 04:00 PM
re-egging is u can convert a pet in egg, i would put and example.

U poop a lock and loot and arcane egg, that egg is added in ur inventory on top of list (chest section), for and error click the 1 action button and hatch the egg, but ur intention was to sell or use in other char.
Then u can contact whit STS and tell them to convert the miss-hatch pet to egg again.

NOTE: U can't use this pet, that means the pet should be lvl1

Thank you very much that makes a lot more sense to me now

Shackler
02-25-2015, 12:58 AM
Unsocketing gems would be awesome so people wont scam people by telling them that they are selling para gems. Also we can use those gems in new cap.

Remiem
02-26-2015, 11:05 AM
New post is up! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?212267-Remiem-s-Weekly-Community-Update-February-25-2015