PDA

View Full Version : STG, please change your moderator hours...or give trusted forumers theead deletion.

Zeus
02-16-2015, 11:57 PM
The spam bot is getting very annoying especially when I am trying to reference threads. So, may STG please change moderator hours or give trusted forum group thread deletion powers specifically to be used for spam bot?

We used to have this before and if the spam cannot be contained, this seems to be an appropriate solution. The spam bot seems to specifically post during moderator off hours.

Bellaelda
02-17-2015, 12:00 AM
Yup and yup and yup

KKIDIRA
02-17-2015, 12:01 AM
Yes please fix this it's much more annoying than our forum trolls :p

BaronB
02-17-2015, 12:15 AM
Or install a better captcha system or only allow forum posts by accounts that have been activated by email perhaps?

Trollish
02-17-2015, 12:33 AM
Yes please fix this it's much more annoying than our forum trolls :p

Hmm?

Trollish
02-17-2015, 12:45 AM

Fyrce
02-17-2015, 12:58 AM
Yes, very annoying.

Xeusx
02-17-2015, 01:59 AM
They won't do this. I PM'ed Remiem months ago about this and She can't do this solution.

Nheedles
02-17-2015, 07:47 AM
They have this website too, its very creepy.

Candylicks
02-17-2015, 09:45 AM
Yes they need moderator of Asian TZ who can remove the bot as it pops.

Soundlesskill
02-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Please don't give anyone the power to remove threads. Instead, as the post above suggests, get a mod from another timezone.

Deadroth
02-17-2015, 09:50 AM
Yes they need moderator of Asian TZ who can remove the bot as it pops.

European central zone is also much desired...

Suentous PO
02-17-2015, 10:17 AM
What would "trusted" mean, someone who has never been banned?

Castellann
02-17-2015, 10:23 AM
The spam bot is getting very annoying especially when I am trying to reference threads. So, may STG please change moderator hours or give trusted forum group thread deletion powers specifically to be used for spam bot?

We used to have this before and if the spam cannot be contained, this seems to be an appropriate solution. The spam bot seems to specifically post during moderator off hours.

Im sure its imposible :)

Zeus
02-17-2015, 10:30 AM
What would "trusted" mean, someone who has never been banned?

That could be a qualification, yes. STG could create a new permission group specifically for spam thread deletion and invite forum users to this permission group. Forum users in this group would only be instructed to use thread deletion powers for spam thread of the spam bot. Nothing more, nothing less. Deviate from that and one should be removed from the group in order to prevent power hungry people from abusing it.

I personally would recommend those who already help others for the sake of helping alone like: influential members of The Community Guild.

I'm not saying this out of self-gain either. I would personally prefer that I am not made one - would be far too annoying for me to have to handle. So, those who don't mind but are still trustworthy are suitable candidates.

Your opinion?

dudetus
02-17-2015, 10:34 AM
That could be a qualification, yes. STG could create a new permission group specifically for spam thread deletion and invite forum users to this permission group. Forum users in this group would only be instructed to use thread deletion powers for spam thread of the spam bot. Nothing more, nothing less. Deviate from that and one should be removed from the group in order to prevent power hungry people from abusing it.

I personally would recommend those who already help others for the sake of helping alone like: influential members of The Community Guild.

I'm not saying this out of self-gain either. I would personally prefer that I am not made one - would be far too annoying for me to have to handle. So, those who don't mind but are still trustworthy are suitable candidates.

Your opinion?

Because of minor inconvenience cuz of some spambot, STG should give post deletion rights to hand picked trustworthy members, give them precise guidelines and monitor their actions constantly.

More work than gain, and what if some powerdrunken "community mod" goes deletionspree and deletes stickies?

Soundlesskill
02-17-2015, 10:40 AM

Your opinion?

Either way, I don't think it's a good idea. It's like giving a special group in AL the premission to take another person's items freely if abused. That would just lead to scam and injustice.

Zeus
02-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Either way, I don't think it's a good idea. It's like giving a special group in AL the premission to take another person's items freely if abused. That would just lead to scam and injustice.

How would locking threads lead to a person being able to take another person's items? I'm not being sarcastic - I just don't see the connection, that's all!

Soundlesskill
02-17-2015, 10:43 AM
How would locking threads lead to a person being able to take another person's items? I'm not being sarcastic - I just don't see the connection, that's all!

Might be a bad example :). Just saying that if some of the so called "trust people" could lock threads for their own good. If I know STS right, they won't check what's getting locked anyway. I don't know about the AL community, but I don't trust anyone who doesn't get paid to run the game and forum.

Zeus
02-17-2015, 10:46 AM
Because of minor inconvenience cuz of some spambot, STG should give post deletion rights to hand picked trustworthy members, give them precise guidelines and monitor their actions constantly.

More work than gain, and what if some powerdrunken "community mod" goes deletionspree and deletes stickies?

It's not a minor inconvenience if the first thing a moderator does when he/she logs on is handle spam bot threads. Work efficiency goes down if all attention is turned to solely the spam produced. Additionally, the forums are extremely unpleasant and unusable place to visit with multitude of spam threads in every section. So, creating a captcha with improved efficiency could be one method as previously mentioned. Alternatively, this could be another.

STG does not have to monitor guidelines as forumers would be doing that themselves. It's not like someone could go on a rampage to delete other threads and it would not be noticed.

Alternatively, if you have a better solution, I'd love to hear it. It doesn't have to be the way I suggested - I just want to be able to use forums again without spam threads showing up in every search...

Zeus
02-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Might be a bad example :). Just saying that if some of the so called "trust people" could lock threads for their own good. If I know STS right, they won't check what's getting locked anyway. I don't know about the AL community, but I don't trust anyone who doesn't get paid to run the game and forum.

I see and I get your point. :)

dudetus
02-17-2015, 10:48 AM

What about someone whose ego craves for appreciation and being above regular people?

Soundlesskill
02-17-2015, 10:53 AM
What about someone whose ego craves for appreciation and being above regular people?

Lol, then they have a problem.

Soundlesskill
02-17-2015, 10:54 AM
I see and I get your point. :)

That's fabulous Zeusette! Now go back to palm tree land :D.

Zeus
02-17-2015, 10:58 AM
That's fabulous Zeusette! Now go back to palm tree land :D.

Will you be accompanying me, Velma? :rolleyes:

dudetus
02-17-2015, 11:11 AM
It's not a minor inconvenience if the first thing a moderator does when he/she logs on is handle spam bot threads. Work efficiency goes down if all attention is turned to solely the spam produced. Additionally, the forums are extremely unpleasant and unusable place to visit with multitude of spam threads in every section. So, creating a captcha with improved efficiency could be one method as previously mentioned. Alternatively, this could be another.

STG does not have to monitor guidelines as forumers would be doing that themselves. It's not like someone could go on a rampage to delete other threads and it would not be noticed.

Alternatively, if you have a better solution, I'd love to hear it. It doesn't have to be the way I suggested - I just want to be able to use forums again without spam threads showing up in every search...

Well to solve this issue a captcha would be effective way to make spambots go away but it's rly annoying to fill captchas whenever u post.

Maybe there would be STG Forums Gold Membership which costs 100 plats and let's u bypass the captcha! STG would love it and make me a honorary gold membership member.

Serancha
02-17-2015, 11:21 AM
All it takes is a simple question / answer added to the registration form.

I manage over 14 forums and not one has ever had a single bot problem. It can be as simple as "What is the colour of grass?" make it a mandatory field and you can change the question every 3-6 months to be proactive (or if some bot figures it out, which is highly unlikely). I don't even change mine normally. It has worked on all my boards for 8 years, and takes about 3 minutes to implement.

Bots can read a lot of captchas now, or else they just keep guessing. But a text field is next to impossible for them. They can input captcha combos all day long and will never get in.

GoodSyntax
02-17-2015, 11:21 AM
Better yet, how about the Report Post function actually doing something useful, like after xxx (10?) reports, the account is no longer able to start or post on threads for 6 or 12 hours.

Soundlesskill
02-17-2015, 12:03 PM
Will you be accompanying me, Velma? :rolleyes:

I prefer to stay alive :P.

Ardbeg
02-17-2015, 12:05 PM
Better yet, how about the Report Post function actually doing something useful, like after xxx (10?) reports, the account is no longer able to start or post on threads for 6 or 12 hours.

yikes! trolls could create fake accounts to stop legitimate forum members with false reports. this would be a little too tempting :)

Imsofancy
02-17-2015, 12:37 PM
I agree with soundless... giving a group of people that have a stake in the game this kind of power is a wrong move. what if they start locking threads posted by members of a guild they are at war at? what if they go on a deleting spree? what if their acct gets hacked? what if they can not tell a spam bot from a new member posting many threads, but all with good ideas? and what kind of requirements would there be for you to become a "mini-mod". how many new mods would there be? would there be a maximum amount?

Candylicks
02-17-2015, 12:42 PM
I agree with soundless... giving a group of people that have a stake in the game this kind of power is a wrong move. what if they start locking threads posted by members of a guild they are at war at? what if they go on a deleting spree? what if their acct gets hacked? what if they can not tell a spam bot from a new member posting many threads, but all with good ideas? and what kind of requirements would there be for you to become a "mini-mod". how many new mods would there be? would there be a maximum amount?

It's more a matter of what Sera suggested and implementing a question, adding a captcha, or improving the report post button. I'm sure they are on it- We all know how annoying it is to come here and find pages and pages of love garbage from that bot.

No way would they hand over any control of the forum to the customers. LOL!

Imsofancy
02-17-2015, 12:45 PM
It's more a matter of what Sera suggested and implementing a question, adding a captcha, or improving the report post button. I'm sure they are on it- We all know how annoying it is to come here and find pages and pages of love garbage from that bot.

No way would they hand over any control of the forum to the customers. LOL!

they better hurry. I have already bought enough love potions and black magic too last me a year.

Ssneakykills
02-17-2015, 01:44 PM
I don't think 'trusted' people should have the rights to delete threads just leave it up to the mods to do there job or just do a cool down after making one thread like you do for sending private messages

Remiem
02-17-2015, 03:03 PM
Just to fill you guys in, I added some additional anti-spam measures this morning that should help immensely. We will continue to monitor the situation going forward and definitely consider your suggestions if things don't improve. We really appreciate your feedback.

Item
02-17-2015, 06:01 PM
Then what happens when people are chosen and those who aren't chosen... People cause too much drama over this game already it will just act as another sign of 'favouritism'.

Candylicks
02-17-2015, 08:23 PM
Just to fill you guys in, I added some additional anti-spam measures this morning that should help immensely. We will continue to monitor the situation going forward and definitely consider your suggestions if things don't improve. We really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks Remi, we knew you guys would handle this. Seems like our lovebot has a thing for AL !

Limsi
02-17-2015, 08:26 PM

Thanks, we appreciate your work.

Schnitzel
02-17-2015, 08:51 PM
Or install a better captcha system or only allow forum posts by accounts that have been activated by email perhaps?

thing is,
I heard some bots can get past captchas...

also, I've recently noticed something about the bots.
I went to the forums member list, and searched for the spambot's name, and there are over 10 names related to it. all of which were created one day, and never logged on for a while.
And a recent bot, I've noticed was a name i had seen before in the members list.

I'm not saying that each of those names are the bot, just saying we should probably keep an eye on those ones...

BaronB
02-17-2015, 08:57 PM
thing is,
I heard some bots can get past captchas...

also, I've recently noticed something about the bots.
I went to the forums member list, and searched for the spambot's name, and there are over 10 names related to it. all of which were created one day, and never logged on for a while.
And a recent bot, I've noticed was a name i had seen before in the members list.

I'm not saying that each of those names are the bot, just saying we should probably keep an eye on those ones...
So what almost like not a bot but a person whos actually just logged in spamming ?

Might be worth banning all accounts associated with the ip at least prehaps...

Who knows but giving players control... nope.

*sips tea*

Schnitzel
02-17-2015, 09:39 PM
So what almost like not a bot but a person whos actually just logged in spamming ? I mean the spammer guy could log into one of the accounts, then leave and let the bot spam
Might be worth banning all accounts associated with the ip at least prehaps... but what if the spammer uses a VPN?

Replies in bold

Ravager
02-17-2015, 09:41 PM
Then what happens when people are chosen and those who aren't chosen... People cause too much drama over this game already it will just act as another sign of 'favouritism'.

I agree with your statement.

Schnitzel
02-17-2015, 09:58 PM

um...before?

Serancha
02-17-2015, 10:22 PM
So what almost like not a bot but a person whos actually just logged in spamming ?

Might be worth banning all accounts associated with the ip at least prehaps...

Who knows but giving players control... nope.

*sips tea*

They're bots. Automated spammers programmed to fill in any and all forms they find online. These are not real people yet they can be quite sophisticated and it is possible for a lot of them to get through many captchas.

However, they are not able to read a sentence and do what it says. If you say "please type the word green in the box", they will just see it as a box that needs to be filled. They have no way to know to type "green" in the box to pass the test. If this is required in order to register, they can't sign up, which means they also can't make new topics and posts.

And I totally agree, giving players the ability to delete threads would be a disaster in many ways.

Another option is to disallow thread creation when the mods are sleeping. That wouldn't hurt the game, and people could still respond to threads but would have to wait till morning to post new ideas. This option is not as user-friendly as the first, but it would also help.

obee
02-17-2015, 10:23 PM
If I were STS, I wouldn't give a single player access to delete threads. Too risky.

BaronB
02-17-2015, 10:32 PM
They're bots. Automated spammers programmed to fill in any and all forms they find online. These are not real people yet they can be quite sophisticated and it is possible for a lot of them to get through many captchas.

However, they are not able to read a sentence and do what it says. If you say "please type the word green in the box", they will just see it as a box that needs to be filled. They have no way to know to type "green" in the box to pass the test. If this is required in order to register, they can't sign up, which means they also can't make new topics and posts.

And I totally agree, giving players the ability to delete threads would be a disaster in many ways.

Another option is to disallow thread creation when the mods are sleeping. That wouldn't hurt the game, and people could still respond to threads but would have to wait till morning to post new ideas. This option is not as user-friendly as the first, but it would also help.
Sorry im aware of what bots are and what they can be capable of, asnt surr if ruizhe was insinuating that the bots might actually be a person >. <

+1 to the rest of the post tho ^.^

Dragoonclaws
02-17-2015, 10:34 PM
Hello,

I used to play Runescape, developped by Jagex. That game was kinda 100x bigger then AL and other legends (with 100 000+ players online at same moment back in 2006). They started a very special and secret program in 2004, for very specific players. They gave to some players Moderator power, increasing the staff number up to 5000.

In other words, they had ''jMods'' which means Jagex moderators, including the developpers in that category; and they had ''pMods'' which is player moderators. The players moderators have very limited powers. They can only temporarly mute people, and had some priority in reports.

Many people wanted to know how to become moderator, and nobody never knew. Jagex didn't say much about that program until a recent podcast...
How did we knew about pMods at the beginning? We saw them, they are very rare. J-mods would have a golden crown in their chat, and P-mods would have silver crowns.

Here be a little image of it, with both moderators.

I agree with Zeus' idea and basically suggest to create a such program and randomly look for some people who can take the duty. They could have purple names. I suggest that you change some things in the program to give permanent colored names. It would be good for Mods/devs so they don't need to use the admin interface, and some for people of your choice.

For more information, here be a link. It's a podcast, you'll have to listen to it.
http://runescape.podbean.com/e/pmods-exposed/

Here be a wikia page, with more detailed infos:
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Player_Moderator

Dear STG, you have the right to learn from other games, and we want to help you improving it.
Those players would temporarily mute people in the game for very good reasons, would have some priority in reporting scams and bugs, and inappropriate names, maybe have some control over forums and absolutely nothing else.

Why giving them that priority?

because they know the rules perfectly and apply them
because they know how to explain them
Because you know they will do it right
because you saw in the forums and in game that are decent people
because they are active, nice, smart, clever, funny
because they know how to deal with problems
because they do decent reports (means doesn't report for tiny stuff)
because they won't share their account or sell it
because they will not show it off
and way more reasons that you'd discuss with a cup of tea.

Carmine,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write us about this issue. As was mentioned by obee, our support team is limited but they do investigate each report thoroughly. As you can imagine, thorough investigations can take some time which means that there can be a delay between when you send in a report and when it is acted upon. Being that this is a rising concern in the community, though, I'll gather our folks together to have a chat about what ways we can better serve the community on this front. I do apologize for any negative experiences you may have had from players exhibiting behavior like this. I certainly don't want it in our game and I know you don't either. I'll create another thread as I find out more from the team. For now, I'm going to close this up to prevent drama.

Thanks again for your concern and well thought out message. <3

Remiem

It's basically choosing a couple players you know they will do good moderators. And you're not forced to give that colored name... just give them the priority.
It will be a honor for them to work at your side. You should increase your team, make it secretly. You should take it off when used wrong by the Player moderator... Beleive me you'll see the results through the mod's deeds and the people in game/in forums.

Regards,
Dragoonclaws

carmine_blade
02-17-2015, 11:57 PM

Hi Remi offtopic I know but just wanted to thank you properly for your response to my thread on bullying/scamming :) I also wanted to apologise if it sounded aggressive as I was a little het up at the time lol and it certainly wasn't an indictment of you. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with <3

kona
02-18-2015, 12:23 AM
u can also make me moderator ;)

Serancha
02-18-2015, 03:19 AM
Sorry im aware of what bots are and what they can be capable of, asnt surr if ruizhe was insinuating that the bots might actually be a person >. <

+1 to the rest of the post tho ^.^

A lot of people aren't aware of what they are and what they do. Sometimes stating the obvious helps make a point clear to the rest of those reading.

Now gimme that tea... it smells delicious.

BaronB
02-18-2015, 03:49 AM
A lot of people aren't aware of what they are and what they do. Sometimes stating the obvious helps make a point clear to the rest of those reading.

Now gimme that tea... it smells delicious.
Touche.

I almost put in some sugar into your tea, until I realized your sweet enough already :3

Suentous PO
02-18-2015, 09:40 AM

Well it didn't work. The day after your post the pl side was flooded by it.
I don't see why there can't be a cool off period like there is for pm's.
In any case it's extremely rare for anyone to legitimately have to start more than a couple threads a day, so why not make a limit to around 3 posts a day?

I don't think players should have any extra ability, I remember how stupid people acted when goa & aoa programs were around. I found all that phony posturing way more annoying than this miss Cleo wannabe.

BaronB
02-18-2015, 09:57 AM
I could go on about the pompous attitude it would instigate amongst the "chosen few" towards others if they were given extra privileges.

Could also point out about how as humans we learn from past mistakes and history also proven that given powers you will get players who will abuse the privilege one way or another..

But I hope to reach peoples better judgement and urge people not to go along with the idea of giving powers to players.

Theres plenty of methods and ways to combat spam bots out there that should be implemented first before such crazy ideas are entertained.

Lets look to logic rather then mindless thinking the first idea suggested is a good one.

Zeus
02-18-2015, 12:55 PM
um...before?

Yes, there was a time where this was granted before you were on forums but it was removed because some specific players abused it & locked other people's threads without reason or unlocked developer locked threads.

Thus, this is why I said to bring it back but only allow said group to lock spam threads. However, Remiem says she has a fix out so this may not be needed altogether. Hopefully, that is the case.

KingFu
02-18-2015, 10:19 PM
I could go on about the pompous attitude it would instigate amongst the "chosen few" towards others if they were given extra privileges.

Because there isn't already pompous attitudes and superiority complexes in AL forums, right?

Dragoonclaws
02-18-2015, 10:49 PM
If you're scared of a disaster... imagine yourself given that power, would you start deleting thread you do not like??? Nope, you'll delete the specific spam everybody is complaining about. Well, that's what I would do. I would also place wrong placed threads in their place. Just do what's asked. STS would have a history of my changes, look them up and agree them, or roll em back.

scared of what lol... not decent people? I am sure many of us can take the duty carefuly. It will make some people jelly, unless the power is not revealed to all.

Dragoonclaws
02-18-2015, 10:52 PM
Not to mention how well behaved people were around the pMods?
I'm sure it would curb the rampant trash talking in PvP rooms at the least

yes people would act WEIRDLY good. They become all nice like teddy bears, unless you're a troll. A troll stays a troll...

BaronB
02-18-2015, 10:52 PM
Because there isn't already pompous attitudes and superiority complexes in AL forums, right?
Exactly sir!

*sips tea*

obee
02-18-2015, 10:53 PM
I'd go with the thread cool down. Spambot is slower tonight though. :)

Visiting
02-18-2015, 10:55 PM
Say players were to be trusted as "Mini-mods", what if they were given a new, anonymous, forum account, that has the power to move/delete the spam (and chat box ban because the Spambot is there too :/). This way, there is no haughty moderators lording over people on the forums and in game, if they do reveal their identity to the players/forumers, their rights to be a mini-mod are revoked and that's that.

Dragoonclaws
02-18-2015, 10:58 PM
I have an evil idea...

The ''bot'' is online right now, what if we spam him with PM saying Hello, the popup might slow them down xD

obee
02-18-2015, 11:00 PM
Say players were to be trusted as "Mini-mods", what if they were given a new, anonymous, forum account, that has the power to move/delete the spam (and chat box ban because the Spambot is there too :/). This way, there is no haughty moderators lording over people on the forums and in game, if they do reveal their identity to the players/forumers, their rights to be a mini-mod are revoked and that's that.
I like this better than just plain giving it to people. These accounts should not have a right to PM, type in chatbox, or reply to any threads. These accounts should be just for clearing spam, nothing more nothing less.

Schnitzel
02-18-2015, 11:07 PM
I like this better than just plain giving it to people. These accounts should not have a right to PM, type in chatbox, or reply to any threads. These accounts should be just for clearing spam, nothing more nothing less.

but then what about pm'ing the mods the reason for muting the bot?
also, what if the bot spams the chat box?

Dragoonclaws
02-18-2015, 11:11 PM

Mods usually explain their deeds in a comment...

Closed the thread for [Insert reason here]
Moved the thread for [Insert...

nah, it would be a moderator account with a different name, different color, and told to stay anonymous.

bedmaster
02-19-2015, 05:31 AM
Just make a new office here around asia. Hire some guys to reply and assist asian players (me) when the western guys are sleepin. Soblem prolved.

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Item
02-19-2015, 05:58 AM
Just make a new office here around asia. Hire some guys to reply and assist asian players (me) when the western guys are sleepin. Soblem prolved.

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

What's a soblem? Haha

grzena1982
02-19-2015, 09:47 AM
There is only one reason why I disagree with Op, namely, some of u are often ***** to other less fortunate players in the game and throguh your connections make their experience with this game less enjoyable. As an example, people getting kicked out of my guild for supposedly begging one of you for smth, a person from entirely different guild, when in fact all they did was to show you blind admiration in broken English.

Not to mention that Sts has still lots of avenues to explore, i.e., measures left on the table that could be implemented to curb bot spamming. Now, why they have not done so after more than 5 past occurances is only for them to know.

Some of you may seek closer integration with the game, wider recognition and privilege to take more active role in governing online community, however, I think i prefer when we all stand at even ground.

Bot spamming is not an issue for me as much as constant beggs and shouts for buffs, nerfs and design changes etc. that lead to actual changes.

Alhuntrazeck
02-19-2015, 10:42 AM
-1 to favoring people like that. Serancha's idea's much better and would work.

Dragoonclaws
02-19-2015, 11:30 AM
-1 to favoring people like that. Serancha's idea's much better and would work.

No, because the bot program can be changed to read the asked word, then answer to it correctly. There is an Anti-bot system, where you have to write the characters in a picture. I wouldn't like to keep reading those things to create a thread.. I actually hate that system, many would agree.

It's not favouring. They wouldn't choose you because you're a friend, but because you can handle the duty correctly. Anyways, we said that it would be an anonymous mini mod, nothing to show off in that. If you were a mini mod, you'll probably complain about having not enough time to keep it up...

wvhills
02-19-2015, 01:06 PM
i'll volunteer.

Remiem
02-19-2015, 01:51 PM
I'd go with the thread cool down. Spambot is slower tonight though. :)

That's what we did. :) It's currently limited to 5 threads per hour and 30 posts per hour. We set it this way so that it would slow down the bots, but not inhibit our members from making posts and keeping conversations going. So, we'll be continuing our research into how to stop them at the account creation level. Banning IPs is sometimes an option, unless we see that legitimate players are also coming on through the same IP (in the case of a VPN), so it's risky. We wouldn't want to block real people!

Remiem
02-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Like Zeus mentioned, we started Guardians of Alterra in the PL days which was similar to player mods. Due to abuse of power, we will not be revisiting the player mod concept. I realize it works for some companies, but for now, it just isn't for us. I hope you understand!

Zylx
02-20-2015, 12:55 AM
Or hire international moderators. Giving this kind of power to "trusted" forumers would make everyone else get angry because they aren't "trusted". And its also a good thing this isn't in effect because even a priest can do bad things...

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 01:30 AM
Or hire international moderators. Giving this kind of power to "trusted" forumers would make everyone else get angry because they aren't "trusted". And its also a good thing this isn't in effect because even a priest can do bad things...

Take an STS mod as a person. Give it a phone with AL installed in it. Let it play AL.

Now, that person is called an AL player.

Remember that moderators are people like us, and they are getting a salary. That one mod in the other side of the world must get payed as well. It might be someone from us aswell, but payed without being monitored .

Zylx
02-20-2015, 01:39 AM
Take an STS mod as a person. Give it a phone with AL installed in it. Let it play AL.

Now, that person is called an AL player.

Remember that moderators are people like us, and they are getting a salary. That one mod in the other side of the world must get payed as well. It might be someone from us aswell, but payed without being monitored .

You see, everyone here (customers) is anonymous to STS. Whoever they hire to moderate their community is not anonymous. Its true that the mods get a salary but however well of a job they do, gets reflected back onto their future opportunities. If they do a terrible job, STS will be a bad reference. Good job, good reference. Giving as much power to someone anonymous, if they go rogue and abuse that power, it doesn't reflect back on their personal lives. So there really is no long-term punishment for us if we mess up, unlike those hired by STS.

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 01:56 AM
You see, everyone here (customers) is anonymous to STS. Whoever they hire to moderate their community is not anonymous. Its true that the mods get a salary but however well of a job they do, gets reflected back onto their future opportunities. If they do a terrible job, STS will be a bad reference. Good job, good reference. Giving as much power to someone anonymous, if they go rogue and abuse that power, it doesn't reflect back on their personal lives. So there really is no long-term punishment for us if we mess up, unlike those hired by STS.

Mods are not anonymous to STS...

We are anonymous. You don't give the job to anyone.

Mod are different from Players in many dimensions.

I will agree with Remiem. If it was possible, they will do it. They must have thought about it. They know their needs more then we do. I guess the thread stops here.

Zylx
02-20-2015, 01:58 AM
Mods are not anonymous to STS...

We are anonymous. You don't give the job to anyone.

Mod are different from Players in many dimensions.

That is exactly what I said lol

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 02:05 AM
*re-reads*

You're right. Sorry, I am a bit too tired...