PDA

View Full Version : Remake button

Artemis
03-10-2011, 09:07 PM
No idea if this has already been suggested but along with Next level and return to town there should be a remake button. Would make remaking games a whole lot faster. Dont flame if it has been suggested just say so.

Conradin
03-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Great idea lyric. I remake levels all the time and a remake button would rock. *wink*

WhoIsThis
03-10-2011, 09:20 PM
It's a pretty good suggestion.

At the end of each level, I think the host should be presented with 3 options: next level, back to town, or remake.

Zeus
03-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Good idea, the only problem is the UI is already pretty cluttered on smaller screen devices. Not sure where they would fit this. Possible move some unneeded icons? Right above the skill pull out menu would be a good place to put it as well.

Pharcyde
03-11-2011, 02:08 AM
I like - to add on.

Maybe have like a group option - if more then half the party presses remake, it remakes. That way a host doesn't press remake and sit there waiting for his group to join, when they all actually just quit off.

Nightarcher
03-11-2011, 02:18 AM
Dungeons are designed to have a level order, and even if nobody plays them one into the next at high levels, I think the system should stay the same. It takes two seconds to remake the same level, and adding a quick button just incourages lower levels in lower campaigns not to play the game as it was intended.

If you're farming or something, go ahead and remake. There's nothing wrong with it and I do it too. But I'm against this. :)

Thedexeagle
03-11-2011, 02:59 AM
I think they should make a remake button just for people who want to power lvl or farm stuff.

Fatpigwarrior
03-11-2011, 05:02 AM
i would totally go with this suggestion if ur farming or just remaking stuff to have fun excellent idea

Riccits
03-11-2011, 05:07 AM
would love this for keeping my spot in the group. when the hoster rmk, all members of party should have reserved their spot in the remaked game. so noone cant jump in and after he is disappointed to have to leave or beeing booted.

Mothwing
03-14-2011, 01:06 AM
I was actually thinking about this myself...but at the timd i didnt know about forums. Great job though keep the good ideas coming! This game could be amazing and turn into the new runescape or neopets!

Keohike
03-14-2011, 01:09 AM
good idea 1 thumb up.
Keohike

Snakespeare
03-24-2011, 11:49 AM
I suggested this months ago, too. It would be so cool.

StompArtist
03-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Would the rmk button only be active when the level is fully clear?

drewcapu
03-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Good point.

If it were implemented, the level would probably have to be clear. Otherwise you'd end up with accidental presses in the middle of a run. Then we get into confirmation dialogue if people want to have it available without clearing a level.

I'm beginning to think it's just better the way it is ;)

Frenzyn
03-24-2011, 04:14 PM
It's a pretty good suggestion.

At the end of each level, I think the host should be presented with 3 options: next level, back to town, or remake.

+1
/10characters

lilbyrdie
03-25-2011, 04:06 PM
I like the idea.

I also like the idea of some sort of "sticky group" with this. That is, just like how nearly everyone ends up in the next level together, have folks end up in the same level together again.

Instead of remake, though, it should be called "Restart." Or even just, "Same Level" (fits with "Next Level" better). That would also fit with the "sticky group" part that is already there for the "Next Level"...

Arterra
03-25-2011, 06:01 PM
awesome... a restart/remake would be great and save time for serious farmers. of course people like me who need diversity would still go around hopping around games, so whatever lol

I like the idea.

I also like the idea of some sort of "sticky group" with this. That is, just like how nearly everyone ends up in the next level together, have folks end up in the same level together again.

Instead of remake, though, it should be called "Restart." Or even just, "Same Level" (fits with "Next Level" better). That would also fit with the "sticky group" part that is already there for the "Next Level"...

YES. host clicks restart, and those who do not click restart within 5-10 seconds dont automatically move with the rest of the party into the new map.

azulflame
03-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Really good idea, would really help in farming. the only problem would be the vast amount of people farming in forest haven for recipies. that could cause some server stress.

Arterra
03-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Really good idea, would really help in farming. the only problem would be the vast amount of people farming in forest haven for recipies. that could cause some server stress.

any more than what we already have? same players and everything, nothing is being added. maps with no players disappear anyway.

Slush
03-25-2011, 10:07 PM
great idea +1

Petrichor
03-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Ah this is brilliant

Fyrce
03-26-2011, 03:27 PM
OMG, a Remake button would rock. I'd assume the game would need to remember the maker? And portal isn't a maker? Or maybe it will always assign a maker, same person as booter/owner?

Anyways, would be cool for made games.

Artemis
03-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Sorta how they do it in PvP. The exit level or Replay screen appears.

drewcapu
03-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Would the rmk button only be active when the level is fully clear?

It doesn't look like anybody has come up with a good idea yet regarding this scenario since a ton of the games that are remade aren't fully cleared.

Let's see:
-Crush the Keeper
-Victory Lap
-Anything in BS

Surely, people aren't going to clear a map just so they can get a remake button, right? :)