PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: [MAPS WHERE NO POTIONS CAN BE USED]

Cuva.
02-19-2015, 04:44 AM
Dear forumers,

There are many threads in the forums about class balance and the op-ness of rogues.
So I've came up with the idea to change maps to no-potion maps.
The concept is simple. Similar to pvp, the players aren't able to spam potions.

Benefits:
- Rouges can't run in rouge parties through the maps... (or well they will run out of mana and will finally have to take the health packs skill)
- Mana and Health regen pets will get a chance, since they got useless
- More fun and challenge
- we don't need permanently our finger on the health and mana potions
- longer run times
- Strategy is needed and not only gears
- Less and mid geared people will have (although just a little) better chance to get on the lb, because the gear isn't totally in the focus anymore

There are many options, where to apply this:
- on all maps a new non-potion mode
- completely new maps, where it's only possible to run without potions
- something similar to the hauntlet

Note: The loot of these non-potion maps should be adjusted to the effort.

Leave your thoughts here... If you don't like the idea, please give me a reason.
At least, english is not my native language, so keep that in mind ;)

- CUVA

Sky_is_epicgear
02-19-2015, 05:10 AM
People will just park mobs... I like the idea though. This game needs something challenging that even legend player can be competitive in. Also a way to encourage well geared player to help those not as geared as them

Sent from Uranus (The Planet) using Tapatalk

kona
02-19-2015, 05:39 AM
makes sense..more people would just keep running around lol

Rubana
02-19-2015, 07:18 AM
+1
good idea - would solve many class balance problems... and different classes will be forced to play together...
But apply this to all maps? No. Something like the hauntlet would be fine.

People will just park mobs...
You can define a certain number of mobs killed until the boss spawns. That's not a problem.

debitmandiri
02-19-2015, 07:45 AM
Elite or normal map ? If elite it will takes one hour on mobs and 2 hours at boss. Since rogues cant spam unlimited aim :p

Rubana
02-19-2015, 07:58 AM
Elite or normal map ? If elite it will takes one hour on mobs and 2 hours at boss. Since rogues cant spam unlimited aim :p

I think normal maps are meant here... elites would be almost impossible!

Disproves
02-19-2015, 08:30 AM
Terrible idea. Wouldn't balance anything at all IMO, you need pots to stay alive in elites - no pots, no players.

Cuva.
02-19-2015, 08:45 AM
Terrible idea. Wouldn't balance anything at all IMO, you need pots to stay alive in elites - no pots, no players.

Read it again carefully... elite is NOT meant
We are discussing about normal maps

Disproves
02-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Read it again carefully... elite is NOT meant
We are discussing about normal maps

Normal maps too.

Raregem
02-19-2015, 12:01 PM
Taking away potions is not the answer to help class balance.. What you'll get even in normal maps is people dying. Then you have to wait for them to re-spawn(bc no one is going to use ankhs for a normal map run) and join your pt and in that time someone else is going to have died.

And let's not forget mana, even if mages used the upgrade on their heal you're still going to run out. Then you are useless to the pt spamming norm attack that does nothing. Which kills your party.

No one would run a pot free map, after the first attempt it would be one and done. I don't know anyone who enjoys dying.

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 02:34 AM
It was done on SL...

People on PC had advantage on mobile players... because the keyboard keys would still work.

For mobile users... it was horrible.

slowly leaves...

Yumisa
02-23-2015, 04:27 PM
This is a very good idea, i think its the only way to make Warriors AND mages NEEDED to run a hard map. Mages that give mana and separate/block mobs from attacking in groups + Aoe and Warrior heal and tanking. I really love this idea, it would be very unique for AL.

Of course this is not going to be a permanent solution to class balance but the idea itself is amazing!!! :) I really hope the devs check this!

Candylicks
02-24-2015, 01:24 PM
They had a no-potion map in PL that had a chance for a good loot at the boss, I dropped my first alien off it. Was a pretty popular map in the game!

Cuva.
02-24-2015, 01:56 PM
Taking away potions is not the answer to help class balance.. What you'll get even in normal maps is people dying. Then you have to wait for them to re-spawn(bc no one is going to use ankhs for a normal map run) and join your pt and in that time someone else is going to have died.

And let's not forget mana, even if mages used the upgrade on their heal you're still going to run out. Then you are useless to the pt spamming norm attack that does nothing. Which kills your party.

No one would run a pot free map, after the first attempt it would be one and done. I don't know anyone who enjoys dying.

You have to play tactically to avoid deaths and save mana to use it in the right situation.

"No one would run a pot free map, after the first attempt it would be one and done."

If the loot is equal to the loot, for sure players would run the maps. And so they will spend Ankhs, too.
Sorry but in hard maps these days, you just have to tap potions and skills permanently.

Yumisa
02-24-2015, 02:18 PM
I will even add more to my opinion. as stated just above me, these days all you have to do is spam pots and skills....I never really liked the way you can survive any maps just by drinking infinite health and mana potions.In all the other games i have played in my life, health ingredients/food/potions ect were very limited, or there were simply none. Adding elite or non elite map ( i would love elite without pots :D) without pots would be very good because you would feel a new satisfaction completing these maps, instead of borringly drinking unlimited health potions and spam the same map over and over again...

Yumisa
02-28-2015, 01:03 PM
This thread is getting like barely any attention xD, I want this so bad!

TheComboKid
03-04-2015, 11:37 AM
this is a very good idea. But I think playes should have a choice to do maps without pots. Maps without pots should definitely have higher loot drops