PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Waterrforest
03-10-2011, 10:35 PM
What are the skills I need to max?

romgar1
03-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Depends somewhat on what you want to do with your mage. PVP or pve? blessing of might, firestorm, and healing should be maxed either way in my opinion. as for the rest life steal, nightmare, and weakness are also good to max.

Ellyidol
03-10-2011, 10:50 PM
The search function should give you more than enough answers :)

Pharcyde
03-11-2011, 02:00 AM
I'm lvl 53 and personally running this setup right now.

6 1 6 1
6 1 6 6
6 1 6 6

Thats a PvE and PvP build for lvl 53 I guess. At 56, I would put 4 into frostbite and 1 into ice for a PvP build

Thedexeagle
03-11-2011, 02:56 AM
You really need your buff up high if you want to do pvp but still if you want to do pve you need your healing up max and your damage moves but not really frost bite (this is just for my opinion.)

Pokechmp
03-11-2011, 07:11 AM
6 1 6 1
6 1 6 6
6 1 6 6

Yep, I totally messed up:(. That is a good build.

Pharcyde
03-11-2011, 05:31 PM
You really need your buff up high if you want to do pvp but still if you want to do pve you need your healing up max and your damage moves but not really frost bite (this is just for my opinion.)

Frost bite is kinda worthless for PvE, but is essential in PvP.

1.) It has the same range as drain life, which is almost as high as a birds weapon range.
2.) it freezes the enemy, so you can stop a runner or kiter.
3.) It has really high damage and hits pretty consistently
4.) It's cool-down time is really low, so it can be used almost immediately after casting a combo, adding a crucial blow that can take a enemy out.

I also suggest to have 1 ice storm for any mage build. Anything above 1 is wasted, since range and effect duration are not effected. Then damage hardly increases at all.

For level 50, it used to be where people could have everything important maxed and then have a little extra left over for mana shield. Now with the level 6 skill cap, 1 mana shield is all I recommend. It gives you all the abilities at level 1 and the highest armor increase, anything above it is only adding on 2 armor.

So for both PvP and PvE, I would currently suggest that build, as it works for both. Even for PvE, I would never ever have more then 1 in mana shield or ice storm.