PDA

View Full Version : Concerning arena and ankhs.

regizakirs.rs
02-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Roughly 20 mins ago I ran PUG for arena and before we went. I asked everyone if they had ankhs. Then one guy gets mad and leaves and says grow up. I'm saying to myself am I wrong for asking if you got ankhs? I think it's not right if you and the rest of pt are fighting using ankhs and your on the outside looking in. If I'm wrong about this then please let me know.

Visiting
02-19-2015, 02:15 PM
I think for arena, unlike other areas, that ankhs are pretty much a must have considering that you can't rejoin the PT if you die. If a person doesn't have ankhs, they should probably go farm somewhere they're not needed until they can afford to buy them. Just Imo though.

Kriticality
02-19-2015, 02:27 PM
You aren't wrong. I find it down right disrespectful to expect other members in the group to pay (whether plat or gold) for someone elses victory. If it wasn't an accident and happens more than once in a run, I say gl and leave.

Omisace
02-19-2015, 02:38 PM
It is ok to ask others if they got ankhs beforehand. It doesn't make you immature. However running arena without ankhs IS immature as you become a dead weight (leechers), miss an arena/recipe drop (died on last boss no ankhs) and get everyone else in the room pissed off.

Candylicks
02-19-2015, 03:15 PM
Roughly 20 mins ago I ran PUG for arena and before we went. I asked everyone if they had ankhs. Then one guy gets mad and leaves and says grow up. I'm saying to myself am I wrong for asking if you got ankhs? I think it's not right if you and the rest of pt are fighting using ankhs and your on the outside looking in. If I'm wrong about this then please let me know.

It's touchy for sure. If you don't have Ankh you should not be running Arena or elite zones because it's a drain on the people who do. Right now w/ the free ankhs at bosses is a great time to stock up!

But yeah people get upset over this sometimes. It is what it is.

mlb2005
02-19-2015, 03:23 PM
Ankhs should have been a perk not a necessity. Poor implementation fueled by greed.

Kriticality
02-19-2015, 03:49 PM
Ankhs should have been a perk not a necessity. Poor implementation fueled by greed.

What would the perk of an ankh be in arena? Ankhs sole purpose is revive. All someone with no ankhs has to do is run with a party with no ankhs. They'll understand as well. Ankhs aren't always a necessity if you have an insane party. Arena was built to be very challenging. Do you think that people should be able to come back into arena continuously? Arena and planar tombs are the only places that I won't run with people that don't have ankhs. It puts added pressure for the remaining to not die bc boss will reset. If they took revives away from arena then what?

I might be misunderstanding. What do you mean by perk and not a necessity?

regizakirs.rs
02-19-2015, 03:50 PM
I really disagree with you on this here. It's not fair for players who are in the arena or tombs should have to continue you fighting why you respawn for free or sitting outside the gate at the arena. Now they should implement a way where everyone got access to them who doesn't spend platinum.

regizakirs.rs
02-19-2015, 03:50 PM
It's touchy for sure. If you don't have Ankh you should not be running Arena or elite zones because it's a drain on the people who do. Right now w/ the free ankhs at bosses is a great time to stock up!

But yeah people get upset over this sometimes. It is what it is.
I totally agree with you on this. It is a drain on the players who do have ankhs.

Kriticality
02-19-2015, 03:52 PM
They have access, just not all the time and free. They can wait for ankhs from klaas, buy from cs. Maybe you can't run arena anytime you want and you have to wait for ankhs. That is the role that plat is supposed to play. A shortcut.

gumball3000
02-20-2015, 03:47 AM

I really disagree with you on this here. It's not fair for players who are in the arena or tombs should have to continue you fighting why you respawn for free or sitting outside the gate at the arena. Now they should implement a way where everyone got access to them who doesn't spend platinum.
You are both wrong, what the guy means is this: ankh should not be absolutely necessary to run elite but it is because if bosses one hit so often. Sts made bosses hit harder after they added ankh to the game just so they can squeeze more money from players.

regizakirs.rs
02-20-2015, 03:50 AM
You are both wrong, what the guy means is this: ankh should not be absolutely necessary to run elite but it is because if bosses one hit so often. Sts made bosses hit harder after they added ankh to the game just so they can squeeze more money from players.
Valid point but, we all know that the bosses in certain areas one shot and if you know this going in please have ankhs. I feel like it's wrong to have everyone else fight while I respawn for free while you do the leg work.
#pleasehaveankhs
:banana :

gumball3000
02-20-2015, 03:50 AM
+ 1 million

regizakirs.rs
02-20-2015, 03:54 AM
+ 1 million
Question so your perfectly okay with fighting in the arena with someone who doesn't have ankhs and sitting outside the gate not being able to help? No thanks I'd rather be in the middle of the action helping my party
#pleasehaveankhs

gumball3000
02-20-2015, 04:00 AM
Question so your perfectly okay with fighting in the arena with someone who doesn't have ankhs and sitting outside the gate not being able to help? No thanks I'd rather be in the middle of the action helping my party
#pleasehaveankhs
The game is designed so you need ankh to run arena but ankh costs plat or gold. Are you perfectly okay with that?

regizakirs.rs
02-20-2015, 04:03 AM
The game is designed so you need ankh to run arena but ankh costs plat or gold. Are you perfectly okay with that?
Yep 100% fine with it. I've looted the recipe and reinforced gems since running so yeah I have no problem with spending the gold for ankhs. I'm not here to argue with you on the subject. It's just a difference of opinions nothing more, nothing less. We just disagree about the subject matter.
#pleasehaveankhs

extrapayah
02-20-2015, 07:09 AM

also + 1 million on this...
but since they already made it like this, probably making bosses drop ankhs (not only in certain events) could compensate the problem...

obee
02-20-2015, 08:41 AM
You're fine dude. I remember I was running elites two days ago, I didn't have ankhs, and it was pretty impossible for me considering the length of the map, and the runs. Luckily, a groupmate funded me some :).

regizakirs.rs
02-20-2015, 01:14 PM
I won't play with anyone who doesn't have ankh because what's the alternative? They'll spend half the run running back from start and then die and lay dead at boss so you can do all of the work. No ty
#pleasehaveankhs

oxon
02-20-2015, 03:08 PM
i was asking this long before ankhs was released..only then i was asking do you have plat for revive,it's no different now than it was then...people get bent out of shape about having to have ankhs,sure game play is getting a little tougher,but the only difference between now and back then is ankhs are available for gold and give people with no plat a chance to revive..us plat players are still the ones buying the ankhs..and still people complain...

regizakirs.rs
02-21-2015, 02:01 AM
i was asking this long before ankhs was released..only then i was asking do you have plat for revive,it's no different now than it was then...people get bent out of shape about having to have ankhs,sure game play is getting a little tougher,but the only difference between now and back then is ankhs are available for gold and give people with no plat a chance to revive..us plat players are still the ones buying the ankhs..and still people complain...
I totally agree with you
#pleasehaveankhs

Dex Scene
02-21-2015, 08:27 AM
#pleasehaveankhs
You are not getting it what they mean to say.

Noone likes to fight with people who don't have ankhs.
Its annoying when the player die and raise the boss difficulty by staying on the map but waiting outside.
The guy who said, Ankh should not be a necessity, he pointed to STS.
Remember old times, we could respawn with plats only and we used to do so but it was not necessary. People could run fine with 3-4 respawns. Now Ankhs is one of the top priorities.
One shot KO is to blame.
Atleast, finally red zones are getting corrected. But either way, Iam always against of one shot kill attacks.. sts getting profited with it so they will keep at it.
Good side they are giving lots of stuffs for F2P players. So can't complain much.
Peace.

nevercan
02-21-2015, 12:01 PM
So long sts earns money on ankhs they wil make it neccensairy.

debitmandiri
02-21-2015, 09:45 PM
Yes please have ankhs, for supporting sts and give benefit for plat spender who sell ankhs :D

regizakirs.rs
02-22-2015, 11:14 AM
Yes please have ankhs, for supporting sts and give benefit for plat spender who sell ankhs :D
Sure thing[emoji4]