PDA

View Full Version : The BEST PvP Build...

PvP
05-20-2010, 06:30 PM
I haven't seen a thread posting this type of thing, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, while we all drool for PvP to come out (Edit: yay it finally came out :D), I wanted to make this thread. What do you think is the best build and class to go with it? Also, give a reason why you think your build will dominate. Give your distribution of dex/str/int and/or weapons and armor. See you all in PvP!

TheBaconKing
05-20-2010, 06:36 PM
There have been a few of these in the Warrior class forum, but I think a dexterity bear will be one of the best contenders in PvP. They will have the DPS of an archer, and the survivability of a warrior (ironblood and evade).

Ta11on
05-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Darn... I would love to say Archers will dominate, but truth is, it looks more favorable for DexyBoos (Dexterity Bears). If I was just willing to put some money forward to pay for respecs I would go this route, but I'm too cheap.

Dizko
05-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Darn... I would love to say Archers will dominate, but truth is, it looks more favorable for DexyBoos (Dexterity Bears). If I was just willing to put some money forward to pay for respecs I would go this route, but I'm too cheap.

I really dont think it will be bow bears. Its gonna be archers or bowmage imo.

Rebel
05-20-2010, 07:17 PM
I truly don't know. It is definitely going to be something with a bow in my opinion. Each class has their own advantages and disadvantages. We just have to see which advantage is more powerful over the others. Hopefully it is bow-mage considering that I have a fully decked out bowmage right now.

Azrael
05-20-2010, 07:25 PM
I don't know if you guys are talking about 1v1 or not. I think bowmage will been pretty bad in 5v5 though.

Not sure why you think bows are so amazing, besides the post by decker we really have no way to understand what it will be like. Again it all comes down to armor mitigation.

I will say dagger bears are better than dagger archers, and i'd rather have a dagger bear than a bow bear, but swapping bow for dagger and shield aint bad.

Dizko
05-20-2010, 07:26 PM
I think the long range attacks and rooting skills are going to dominate at the start.

At least until some tactics are formed.

PvP
05-20-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm sure there'll also be a TON of strategy in PvP. They mentioned traps and power-ups coming in the future. This will seriously affect the way the character classes work.

Diz
05-20-2010, 07:50 PM
One important combat mechanic is not present in PL, and that is collision detection. While players can root stun and Cc other players, they cannot impede their forward progress by imposing physical will on another player. I think this will be an important dynamic with regards to PvP movement and subsequent tactics. With no outright col det'ion and no penalty for moving through another player, it will be interesting to see the mobility of groups and whether or not this benefits melée or ranged more.

PvP
05-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Posted by dev. 'Decker' -
"Actually, we're testing PVP right now - skills and knowing what order to use them seems to be the big strategy, at least at the higher levels.
Some crossbows are crazy powerful, but you start learning to hide around corners! "

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Strategy will be a key, its not going to be just a giant powerhouse of characters.

Kirei
05-20-2010, 08:27 PM
the thing is for archers and mages is that they will have to watch out for warriors cuz if they get close it will probibly only take a few hits to kill some one, especially if they are using a good 2h

Ta11on
05-20-2010, 09:23 PM
I kinda wish there were more skills, even if just PvP specific. Warriors need to evolve into Predators, and gain active cammo to sneak up on unsuspecting prey...

MYBOWJERKS
05-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Its all going to come down to your team, the better you work together better, the more your going to win, you could be garbage but u work well with your teamate, remember theres not 1v1, and if u go 1v1 ur mana might be gone or something else, so it all depends...

but bird archer ftw hands down, youll see

Sicarii
05-21-2010, 09:41 AM
No way. INT Bear will own you all... you'll see. It's all about mana regen and cloth. Bring it.

Sayishere
05-21-2010, 09:49 AM
hard to say who will dominate, it will definately rely on tactics for sure. i can see my archer dying quite fast since evade isnt the longest cooldown, will need to kill the target in less time as possible

i would assume bowmages and bwobears will dominate, just for the reason that they have more suvivability than a archer, archer will have to rely on LOS (line of sight) and kiting

its going to interesting

im checking out things for archer to increase suvivability, but there really isnt many abilities, only regeneration i can think of on the top of my heard, mainly just kite kite kite

PvP
05-21-2010, 06:08 PM
If anyone would like to post pics of their build, or just name their dex, str, and int that would be nice. I'd love to see the creative builds everyone has stocked up for PvP.

Dexterity
05-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Dex Bears all the way!
No buffs:
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad293/KOrangensaft/f25d3ffb.jpg
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad293/KOrangensaft/4bf70948.jpg
With buffs:
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad293/KOrangensaft/83830cbb.jpg
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad293/KOrangensaft/79107695.jpg
Cant wait for v1.2!

Although with good croc spines/other 2hs my warrior can crit up to about 370 so if warriors manage to sneak up on people they're done in about 1-2 hits

Dexterity
05-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Here's a pic of my skill build:
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad293/KOrangensaft/3eabf38e.jpg
Basically I upgraded all the buffs and debuffs, super mega slash for stunning people, and stomp to blast people away if I'm in a tight spot

TheBaconKing
05-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Here's a pic of my skill build:
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad293/KOrangensaft/3eabf38e.jpg
Basically I upgraded all the buffs and debuffs, super mega slash for stunning people, and stomp to blast people away if I'm in a tight spot

how is restore? I have been scared to put points into it because I didn't want to buy another respec right away..

Silentreaper
05-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Im just thinking that restore should only hav 1 point into it because it heals the same over time. the only thing the other points adds is a up front heal.

Evante
05-21-2010, 11:17 PM
It really depends on how many kills you need to win.. since if its like 5 kills then people with the best burst dmg will win.. but if its like 30 kills without the powerups... then ppl with MS and HS will win =/ Bein a huge benefit to the Birds for meditation and the mages for heals

Dexterity
05-22-2010, 07:43 AM
how is restore? I have been scared to put points into it because I didn't want to buy another respec right away..

Restore works pretty well for me when there are no
mages in the party, I upgraded it to 5 because I don't use potions on that character

PvP
05-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Good stuff.

Sicarii
05-24-2010, 11:02 PM
so yeah... I'm thinking bow bears are pretty much the dominating build at this time. and Im having a blast with mine... ;)

TheBaconKing
05-24-2010, 11:04 PM
so yeah... I'm thinking bow bears are pretty much the dominating build at this time. and Im having a blast with mine... ;)

That's because they are... Although I went up against a dagger bear in a few matches and he did pretty well, but range owns.. The first to hit is gonna win 9 times out of 10.. and Beckon is very very very very unreliable for me. I am about to respec to dex bear.. Just got rid of my bow the other day though..

ratava
05-25-2010, 05:34 AM
I think the long range attacks and rooting skills are going to dominate at the start.

At least until some tactics are formed.

Exactly! Team tactics to avoid wasting manna...

PvP:
I'm sure there'll also be a TON of strategy in PvP. They mentioned traps and power-ups coming in the future. This will seriously affect the way the character classes work.

This really could open it up.

Good discussion.

Cicada
05-25-2010, 05:01 PM
right now it's a big gankfest

Cicada
05-25-2010, 05:02 PM
a 1v1 would be nice :D

PvP
05-26-2010, 04:43 PM
At least its out..finally..Soon there'll be leaderboards and more. This gives us time to experiment. Therefore, keep posting what you find most successful, and your stat distributions.

runedarkblade
06-15-2010, 02:29 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3317-Bow-Bear-Guide

face me if you dont beleve

PvP
06-15-2010, 02:34 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3317-Bow-Bear-Guide

face me if you dont beleve

Yes lol this thread should be long dead. Bow bear is undoubtedly (IMO) the most un-matched rival. However this makes PvP unbalanced, along with many other issues.

JKA
06-15-2010, 04:30 PM

Azrael
06-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Yes lol this thread should be long dead. Bow bear is undoubtedly (IMO) the most un-matched rival. However this makes PvP unbalanced, along with many other issues.

clearly everything changes... pali and plate warrior now

XghostzX
07-01-2010, 03:52 PM
The epic pally FTW :D

Mennddoza
06-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Savage Bear seems to be the hype now a days

FleshDrill
06-17-2014, 11:08 PM
Savage Bear seems to be the hype now a days

I know I started this old post reviving stuff, but please stop, one is enough. :livid:

Elegants
06-18-2014, 01:04 AM
Mendozza stop being annoying.

Motivating
06-18-2014, 09:25 AM
I know I started this old post reviving stuff, but please stop, one is enough. :livid:

No, you didn't loads of people do it.
Either they don't read dates or are just generally stupid

FleshDrill
06-18-2014, 07:11 PM
No, you didn't loads of people do it.
Either they don't read dates or are just generally stupid

No point in even giving a constructed argument towards this. Just stop commenting.

-Vvriter

Motivating
06-19-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm simply stating you are not the only one who necro's.

Trollish
06-28-2014, 07:12 PM
#2010whenSTSstill-loved-pocket-legends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk