PDA

View Full Version : Player mods?

Gtlax09
05-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Hello Spacetime Studios!

Let me begin by saying that your game Pocket Legends has filled the "hole" in the Iphone/Ipad gaming selection. This being of course, a real, 3D mmorpg. I love the game, it's basically the only game I play on My Ipod at the moment.

Just one suggestion however:
As your community grows, you will also have a growing number of "bad eggs" or players who don't abide by the rules. I know that it can get difficult to manage this situation, and a very good tactic, would be to apply player moderators. Do not give them the same power as a real, payed moderator, but give them basic powers, such as muting people (not being able to type messages).
I feel that this will make the game safer, and generally increase the level of enjoyment of the players. Also, this will make players behave better as they strive for player moderator status.

P.S. I got this idea from Runescape by JaGeX ltd. I am in no way affiliated with JaGeX.
Thanks!
-Gtlax09

Dizko
05-20-2010, 06:35 PM
lol wot.

;)

asommers
05-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Gonna need a few more words in that question...

-ALS

Gtlax09
05-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Yeah, sorry. I just fixed it.

asommers
05-20-2010, 07:26 PM
There aren't any plans right now for player moderation other than what we are currently doing, but as we grow in size, this is certainly a growing concern. We currently rely on people to send screenshots of poor behavior, but even then it's time consuming and takes away from actual development to deal with moderation. However, everything that players do is logged, and eventually, we will run super sophisticated scripts on the logs to flag accounts that need further review (and will even ban for inappropriate behavior done days/weeks/months ago).

-ALS

Aerospacegod
05-20-2010, 09:31 PM
(and will even ban for inappropriate behavior done days/weeks/months ago).

-ALS

If we swear in game is that considered inappropriate? I know Frogmar has gotten me to swear a few times lol
...I mean there is a filter if it offends someone

TheBaconKing
05-20-2010, 09:32 PM
If we swear in game is that considered inappropriate? I know I've called Frogmar has gotten me to swear a few times lol

I thought the same thing... How will you all know if I am just in a group of friends or randoms. I am all for moderation, but I want to be able to fool around in a room with friends.

Violentsaint
05-21-2010, 12:43 AM
im all for being a player moderator *dreams of running around with a big golden hammer that bans people* THE BANHAMMER!!!

*cough* i mean i wouldnt abuse my powers...

i kid..... but you would have to get very trusted players that have been playing from the start.

laquint
07-22-2010, 04:08 PM
This is a good idea i am a former runescape player and i was a player moderator and a forum moderator on runescape this is a good idea!

flaimdude
07-22-2010, 05:29 PM
This is a good idea i am a former runescape player and i was a player moderator and a forum moderator on runescape this is a good idea!

Pics or it didn't happen.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-22-2010, 05:50 PM

This.

Also, Assomers, idk if you know this but I probably sent like 40 different emails with screenshots of people disrespecting the community lol. Ask other devs maybe they know ;)

Royce
07-22-2010, 06:05 PM

The second one ;)

pvpmaster
07-22-2010, 09:10 PM
I think this Is a really good idea but wht about people tht swear jokingly with friends so Is this jus about peps tht cuss each other out?

futuristic
07-22-2010, 09:14 PM
This is a great idea, but im afraid some moderators might abuse their powers.

Violentsaint
07-22-2010, 09:25 PM
i think that if you are in a private game that is passworded and your with a bunch of well known friends, i dont see the harm in letting out a few curse words (it just comes up with **** anyway)

the problem is that if you swear in town or in a random pick up group, there may be children playing or people sensitive to these words and may be offended.

as for player moderators, i think the devs could trust me enough with the responsibility, the problem is that i dont think i could bring myself to accualy ban someone, maybe i could mute someone. but isnt that what the ignore button is for, also if someone is in my game and is making me feel uncomfortable, i can always boot them, i dont need to be a moderator to do that.

i think currently the devs dont really need player moderators, maybe in the foreseeable future, if the devs ask me if id like to be one, i would accept the responsability, but until then im happy to do my own thing :)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-22-2010, 09:37 PM
i think that if you are in a private game that is passworded and your with a bunch of well known friends, i dont see the harm in letting out a few curse words (it just comes up with **** anyway)

the problem is that if you swear in town or in a random pick up group, there may be children playing or people sensitive to these words and may be offended.

as for player moderators, i think the devs could trust me enough with the responsibility, the problem is that i dont think i could bring myself to accualy ban someone, maybe i could mute someone. but isnt that what the ignore button is for, also if someone is in my game and is making me feel uncomfortable, i can always boot them, i dont need to be a moderator to do that.

i think currently the devs dont really need player moderators, maybe in the foreseeable future, if the devs ask me if id like to be one, i would accept the responsability, but until then im happy to do my own thing :)

Spoken like a true poet xD.

Mr2hitk0
07-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Guys srsly man up who dont cuss ffs deez kids deez days.... u shud hav 2 servers.. 1 for kids and other has no chat filter and has warnings or whatever that way we can cuss and all da kids can b cryin in der server with like 5 ppl ....

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-23-2010, 05:24 PM
I would be a good mod because I constantly look at the forums for new threads and posts. This is important because not many people look at the forum alot, and people can get away with disrespect in the threads. I mean sure the devs close the threads if there is too much disrespect, but they have many more important things to do to improve the game! In my opinion, player moderators who can be trusted will really save the devs alot of time to fix bugs and implement updates.

But there are many other people that have as much of a trustworthy record as I do...(these names are in the forums, not the actual game)

Rarefew
Pvpmaster
Pvplegend
Violentsaint
Rangepwnsmeel
Chickdigcookies
(oh what the heck!) mysticaldream!

So in conclusion, people like them and me would be good player moderators :).