PDA

View Full Version : Birds - How to handle teaming!

Bazinga!
02-20-2015, 04:11 AM
However under powered you think a bird might be, I found this class to be one of the best classes for PvP and to handle getting teamed. I'm gonna set up this guide based on Team Death match - Forest fight campaign because it is the most popular of them all.

Contents:
1. Getting started
2. Allocation of attribute points
3. Gear
4. Tactics
5. Skills

1) Getting started
Before I get into the technical part, you need to establish an aim. When getting teamed, what should be your goal? I like to keep my aim as defeating at least one player in the other team before dying. This is good because it keeps your kills and your deaths equal (not that I care about KDR that much).

2) Allocation of Attribute Points
As a bird, I always like to put all my points into dexterity. Why? Birds do the single highest damage output in the game and we should focus on nuking more than surviving, because lets face it, Strength bears and Strength mages have way more chances of surviving with tanky nature of bears and heal of mages. Also even with extra armour we can get nuked but we cannot nuke them back unlike mages and bears.

3) Gear
Since we're going with a dex bird obviously dex gear is our only option but in case you put a little strength never wear strength gear (sorry str birds but I really dont like str gear on bird). To make the most out of your bird you should wear a set which might be a little expensive depending on the player.
Im gonna start with L50 Sets onward because I have most experience in those levels.
L50 - Death Shotgun / Talon Set
L51 - L51 Sewer King Bow Set
L55 - Custom Bow Set (Not talon)
L56 - Obedience X-Bow Set (Not dagger)
L60 - Demonic X-Bow Set (Not Dagger)
L61 - Demonic X-Bow Set / Sanguine Longbow Set (Not Dagger)
L65 - Crafted Sanguine Longbow Set (Not Dagger)
L66 - Angelic Dex Set / L66 Sun God Bow Set (Don't go for Tiki Shanks)
L70 - Phantom Bow Set / Elite Boat Set (If you can afford it lol) (Don't go for Tiki Shanks)
L71 - Flying Talon / Recurve Set
L75 - Swift Talon / Recurve Set
L76 - Elite Swift Set / Talon Set
L77 - Lustrous Bow Set / Dagger Set

You will see that most of these say 'Not Dagger'. This is because It has absolutely no range. And as a bird range is everything. With full dex, even an auto attack could kill. Don't get confused. Talon is not a dagger. Talon are throwing weapons like ninjas use as ninja stars. They have less range than bow but give you more armour and a little bit of range as well. At L77 the dagger set becomes better because you can still give very high damage.

4) Tactics
Ok, with reference to Forest Fight here are some tactics that you could use:

1. Before doing anything, the first thing you must follow is go for the toon with the least armour. The order is STR as strongest, then INT and DEX (order of INT and DEX is debatable). A more detailed order from weakest to strongest:
a. Dex Bird
b. Int Mage
c. Dex Mage
d. Dex Bear
e. Str Bird
f. Str Bear
g. Str Mage

These are the most common builds. As you see dex birds have the weakest armour but are the most dangerous. You have to kill the dex bird quick so that he doesn't kill you first.

2. Trees. Some people think this is unfair but don't listen to them. If treeing were unfair, why would the Devs put it? Hide behind the trees so others can't hit you. Then when they get close quickly come out and attack!

3. Using Talon and Bow.
I prefer bow over talon any time but sometimes you need some extra armour for example against a bear team.

5) Skills
Against Dex Birds: Use bow - Repulse, blast, blind, root
Against Nuke mages (dex / int) - Blind, blast (after magic shield), root, repulse, blind / blast
Against Str bears, mages, birds, dex bears - Blind, root, thorn, shatter, blast, repulse

Always remember to keep your range. Move backwards if you have to. And one very important skill, Avian Scream - keep it at 5 at all times. It helps you get out of freeze / root / stun.
When I use talon, I would rather do root blind than blind root. KK Im done now.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE GUIDE!

AppleNoob
02-20-2015, 09:07 AM
However under powered you think a bird might be, I found this class to be one of the best classes for PvP and to handle getting teamed. I'm gonna set up this guide based on Team Death match - Forest fight campaign because it is the most popular of them all.

Contents:
1. Getting started
2. Allocation of attribute points
3. Gear
4. Tactics
5. Skills

1) Getting started
Before I get into the technical part, you need to establish an aim. When getting teamed, what should be your goal? I like to keep my aim as defeating at least one player in the other team before dying. This is good because it keeps your kills and your deaths equal (not that I care about KDR that much).

2) Allocation of Attribute Points
As a bird, I always like to put all my points into dexterity. Why? Birds do the single highest damage output in the game and we should focus on nuking more than surviving, because lets face it, Strength bears and Strength mages have way more chances of surviving with tanky nature of bears and heal of mages. Also even with extra armour we can get nuked but we cannot nuke them back unlike mages and bears.

3) Gear
Since we're going with a dex bird obviously dex gear is our only option but in case you put a little strength never wear strength gear (sorry str birds but I really dont like str gear on bird). To make the most out of your bird you should wear a set which might be a little expensive depending on the player.
Im gonna start with L50 Sets onward because I have most experience in those levels.
L50 - Death Shotgun / Talon Set
L51 - L51 Sewer King Bow Set
L55 - Custom Bow Set (Not talon)
L56 - Obedience X-Bow Set (Not dagger)
L60 - Demonic X-Bow Set (Not Dagger)
L61 - Demonic X-Bow Set / Sanguine Longbow Set (Not Dagger)
L65 - Crafted Sanguine Longbow Set (Not Dagger)
L66 - Angelic Dex Set / L66 Sun God Bow Set (Don't go for Tiki Shanks)
L70 - Phantom Bow Set / Elite Boat Set (If you can afford it lol) (Don't go for Tiki Shanks)
L71 - Flying Talon / Recurve Set
L75 - Swift Talon / Recurve Set
L76 - Elite Swift Set / Talon Set
L77 - Lustrous Bow Set / Dagger Set

You will see that most of these say 'Not Dagger'. This is because It has absolutely no range. And as a bird range is everything. With full dex, even an auto attack could kill. Don't get confused. Talon is not a dagger. Talon are throwing weapons like ninjas use as ninja stars. They have less range than bow but give you more armour and a little bit of range as well. At L77 the dagger set becomes better because you can still give very high damage.

4) Tactics
Ok, with reference to Forest Fight here are some tactics that you could use:

1. Before doing anything, the first thing you must follow is go for the toon with the least armour. The order is STR as strongest, then INT and DEX (order of INT and DEX is debatable). A more detailed order from weakest to strongest:
a. Dex Bird
b. Int Mage
c. Dex Mage
d. Dex Bear
e. Str Bird
f. Str Bear
g. Str Mage

These are the most common builds. As you see dex birds have the weakest armour but are the most dangerous. You have to kill the dex bird quick so that he doesn't kill you first.

2. Trees. Some people think this is unfair but don't listen to them. If treeing were unfair, why would the Devs put it? Hide behind the trees so others can't hit you. Then when they get close quickly come out and attack!

3. Using Talon and Bow.
I prefer bow over talon any time but sometimes you need some extra armour for example against a bear team.

5) Skills
Against Dex Birds: Use bow - Repulse, blast, blind, root
Against Nuke mages (dex / int) - Blind, blast (after magic shield), root, repulse, blind / blast
Against Str bears, mages, birds, dex bears - Blind, root, thorn, shatter, blast, repulse

Always remember to keep your range. Move backwards if you have to. And one very important skill, Avian Scream - keep it at 5 at all times. It helps you get out of freeze / root / stun.
When I use talon, I would rather do root blind than blind root. KK Im done now.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE GUIDE!

I'm sorry, what skills do we use? This seems to be a guide about rushing or a build rather than a teaming guide

Ssneakykills
02-20-2015, 12:58 PM
Nah I'd advise putting 9 into avian scream have you noticed how much damage it does? And that it stuns too

Groaning
02-20-2015, 03:28 PM
take all point off of blast into meditate cuz u MUST have the mana regen screw damage :o

anahadaz
02-20-2015, 03:35 PM
^ Bit of an old joke at this stage

HarryBear
02-20-2015, 10:58 PM
What's blast

anahadaz
02-21-2015, 05:49 AM
Nah I'd advise putting 9 into avian scream have you noticed how much damage it does? And that it stuns too

It's a good perk but do you really want to be close enough to use it?

Ssneakykills
02-21-2015, 08:40 AM
It's a good perk but do you really want to be close enough to use it?

You usually don't get a choice as a bird with the amount of stuns bears do and freezes etc

anahadaz
02-21-2015, 09:16 AM
Does the 9 avian push them far?

Ssneakykills
02-21-2015, 01:32 PM
Does the 9 avian push them far?

Far enough because you'll be free so you can move away and it would of stunned them also

anahadaz
02-21-2015, 01:38 PM
9 avian+ 9 repulse must shoot em through the bushes at forest fight then haha

Burstnuke
02-21-2015, 01:42 PM
I get 3 v 1ed on mah molten burd its pretty simple to get more kills then the teamers themselves. Often il just hide behind da trees and aim the squishiest target and then aim for the other while going back into tree lol.