PDA

View Full Version : Free Respecs w/PvP!... Plz?

Ta11on
05-20-2010, 07:01 PM
I think 3 free respecs would be awesomeness with PvP. This way people can try out PvP, see what kind of skills, stats, and strategies are best, and then adjust accordingly. I bought respecs before, but I think paying for such a necessity is kinda lame.

Maybe even give out 1 free respec after getting to lvl 25 with a character. This way they have all the skills and decent knowledge of the game to decide what to invest in.

Whutch'yall think?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
05-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Well, sorry to say this, but Pocket Legends only made it cost something because they need money to run the program, and to make some kind of profit.

asommers
05-20-2010, 07:09 PM
I don't think it will happen. We've discussed internally about giving out a respec after reaching level 8 (since we automatically allocate skill points), but haven't made up our minds about it.

-ALS

Dizko
05-20-2010, 07:16 PM
I don't think it will happen. We've discussed internally about giving out a respec after reaching level 8 (since we automatically allocate skill points), but haven't made up our minds about it.

-ALS

I'd be more in favour for a free respec with each purchase of a new dungeon,

or and free respec when you reach the level cap.

Jekyll
05-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Should be grateful that they are even allowing players to re-spec.

Some mmorpg games don't give the option and the player has to restart from scratch :(

TheBaconKing
05-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Should be grateful that they are even allowing players to re-spec.

Some mmorpg games don't give the option and the player has to restart from scratch :(

Whenever they throw our scarce points into the first 4 abilities unlocked then they sort of need to give us the ability to respec. I only use one of the first 4 anymore, and would be mad if I had no way to get those other 3 points back.

Azrael
05-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Spacetime needs to make their cheddar. No free respecs.
Instead of giving a level 8 respec, just don't allocate skill points for players in the early levels.

Esus
05-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Offer respec points for large amounts of gold, say 10-15k?

PvP
05-20-2010, 07:46 PM

This crosses over into the platinum VS gold argument. We don't want to go there, and since asommers said it probably won't happen, it probably won't happen.

Banned
05-20-2010, 08:23 PM

No, no, no, no, NO!

NawtyNate
05-20-2010, 08:49 PM
XD, no cash for plat, sucks to be you. In-game gold wont help Spacetime get anywhere, and people with no-lives/TONS of free time have sooooooooooooo much gold already.

Edatx
05-20-2010, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't give out respecs. Respecs are probably a good revenue stream.

Ta11on
05-20-2010, 09:29 PM
I do have the money to pay for platinum, but I already spent soooo much purchasing every premium item in such a small period of time. I will buy more platinum eventually, but I just thought that respecs should be a free part of MMO's. I have little hope of free respecs now, but maybe some day as a promotion, I still have hope, THE CANDLE. STILL. BUUURNS! (*Warriors cheering in background*) not

Rannos
05-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Spacetime needs to make their cheddar. No free respecs.
Instead of giving a level 8 respec, just don't allocate skill points for players in the early levels.

I agree, this could be done easily by having an explanation of how different classes specialize (i.e., warrior tank v dps, enc support v aoe)

MYBOWJERKS
05-20-2010, 10:16 PM
ive put aside 20 bucks for PL so ive only been able to respec once so far, at least your not playing anrufen where its 13 bucks for a 3 month membership, and its a ****ty graphiced game..

i cant believe i wasted 13 bucks and played it for 1 day

Jakis
05-20-2010, 10:19 PM
Keep checking the specials. Cheap, yes- free, probably not. Also, for pvp you might decide to just get another character slot once you know how you want to change it. That's what I did, I made a meanchantress just for pvp. She can take on that JustG and his swamp bow. The best bow, as it turns out, is a com-bo. ;)

Rebel
05-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Keep checking the specials. Cheap, yes- free, probably not. Also, for pvp you might decide to just get another character slot once you know how you want to change it. That's what I did, I made a meanchantress just for pvp. She can take on that JustG and his swamp bow. The best bow, as it turns out, is a com-bo. ;)

hmm... hint hint....

Evante
05-21-2010, 12:38 AM

That's way too little.... seeing that 1 respec is 5 plat... i don't believe 1 plat = 2-3k

Azrael
05-21-2010, 02:00 AM
I made a meanchantress just for pvp. She can take on that JustG and his swamp bow. The best bow, as it turns out, is a com-bo. ;)

Bad dum dum tish

I wonder if a higher level icestorm combos for more damage with flamestorm. Either way chantress is pretty strait forward. Meanchantress or pure healer. Also wondering if you sacked one of the debuffs for drain life if you were 1v1ing, id assume you would keep your lightning and magic shield.

Furrawn
05-22-2010, 06:23 PM
I personally don't mind buying a respec... As long as when new skills appear, a skill point isn't automatically invested in it.

Although maybe a compromise might be making 2 free respecs avail w each purchase of maybe $19.99 platinum.
Maybe 3 free respecs avail w each purchase of $29.99 platinum.

That way developers are making money AND offering an incentive to buy higher amounts of platinum at the same time... Everyone is happy...
Just an idea....