PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive vanities being given out which you unfairly cannot get.

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 11:18 AM
I am writing this on my phone as I am waiting for my net to be installed, thus ill be updating this thread as quickly as i can to properly portray the whole picture of this case.

So, roughly at the same time as the Gauntlet event was running there has been a contest announced in the contest section of this forum, which clearly stated given prices ranging between gold payouts to grimm eggs. The contest was supposed to take 3 weeks to complete with prices being rewarded every week to the lucky winners.

Now, i.e., two weeks later, when the contest edges its end we find out that STS is going to reward all participants with EXCLUSIVE VANITIES, which you cannot get in any other way if u did not joined in the beginning of it.

So, whoever was running the official Gauntlet event, may feel a bit disappointed now knowing there is absolutely no chance to win this exclusive items. One may only wonder why STS would not officially announce this? Is this another one event with prices comparable with the Ursume event, not in terms of aesthetics, but variety?

The link to the appropriate thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?204843-Contest-Planning-Kalizzaa-s-Tour-of-Arlor

Vanities you have missed out:

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 11:19 AM
Nothing unfair about it.

Visiting
02-20-2015, 11:22 AM
I ran the Gauntlet leaderboard, as did MANY members of my guild, we all knew about this contest which, in the info given prior to the contest starting it was stated that an EXCLUSIVE PRIZE GIVEN BY STS would be awarded to anyone who completed all the requirements. Tell me what's unfair about that?

ueveotadeo
02-20-2015, 11:28 AM
You could get them prety easily. If you add up the total time of all necessary runs it barely gets to 4h....

Also, if you are lazy is not STS problem neither ours ;)

eelectriccure
02-20-2015, 11:29 AM
The first week of this contest ran beyond the date the gaunlet ended.
It was clearly stated that STS would be distributing an exclusive prize for all who completed all 4 weeks.
Furthermore it only took maybe 20 minutes max to run all maps for week 1 even running solo.

I am sure you can see that it's hard to validate your concerns.

Candylicks
02-20-2015, 11:33 AM
It was said from the beginning, even in the planning stages that StS would give all participants who completed the entire Tour of Arlor an award. There was never any secret! You either chose to participate or not. Weeks 1 and 2 of the Tour of Arlor are running 2/3 minute maps, a drop in the hat. Truly the easiest weeks.

A lot of people could not be bothered with these weeks, or the contest and that is FINE and your choice. The vanity will go to the people who were in it from the beginning, these are the people who represent the focus of this contest. Meaning, the players who are running because they enjoy being a PvE player and are proud to post a SS that they can and did run every single elite map in the game.

Don't belittle the contest by griping you aren't getting a token off StS. You can always enter the Tour of Arlor next year, we plan for this to go on as an annual event.

Thank you again to those of you participating in the contest, and if you or your guild is struggling in Weeks 3 and 4 PLEASE message any of the hosts and we will gladly assist you to the end.

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 11:38 AM
This was not announced in the announcement section otherwise I and other would have known about this. The vanities given out are comparable to the prices given in the ursume event. Besides to the best of my knowledge it was stated that there will be a surprise reward which does not indicate something of exclusive non-tradable value. The reward was not properly announced and thus many players did not have a chance to try their chances. I think every single player should be properly informed about aspects of this magnitude.

GoodSyntax
02-20-2015, 11:43 AM
So, let me understand. You are angry because you couldn't be bothered to do a total of 30 minutes of runs in Week 1 and 2?

A month long event representing the largest player-driven contest ever created in AL with STS gifts at the end isn't enough magnitude for you to even be curious?

Prior to the discovery that there were vanities involved, 35m, Mythic eggs, helping guildies get missing APs, fun runs, cross-guild competition and increased activity and participation were all beneath you?

Now, after realizing that you have disqualified yourself due to a total lack of participation, you are going to rage and turn what is effectively an event celebrating Elites, Unity, Fun and Challenge into a crusade?

I posted the contest, I was open about there being an STS reward. It's no one's fault other than yours that you didn't want to participate because there wasn't enough in the prize pool for you to bother putting in a TOTAL of 50 minutes of game play over the first two weeks.

Candylicks
02-20-2015, 11:44 AM
This was not announced in the announcement section otherwise I and other would have known about this. The vanities given out are comparable to the prices given in the ursume event. Besides to the best of my knowledge it was stated that there will be a surprise reward which does not indicate something of exclusive non-tradable value. The reward was not properly announced and thus many players did not have a chance to try their chances. I think every single player should be properly informed about aspects of this magnitude.

SPECIAL STS PRIZE NEW!
STS (Remiem) has told me that they will have a small surprise gift for ALL players that complete all four weekly challenges. This means, for those that successfully complete every elite map all four weeks, they will receive a little bonus for their effort at the end of this contest.

This was listed from the very beginning.

eelectriccure
02-20-2015, 11:46 AM

ueveotadeo
02-20-2015, 11:48 AM

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 11:51 AM
SPECIAL STS PRIZE NEW!
STS (Remiem) has told me that they will have a small surprise gift for ALL players that complete all four weekly challenges. This means, for those that successfully complete every elite map all four weeks, they will receive a little bonus for their effort at the end of this contest.

This was listed from the very beginning.

Thank u for this. Candy I am not trying to belittle this contest. To be frank I think it is a great thing, but this seems to me not like an ordinary contest, but unofficial 3 weeks long event with comparable prices.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 11:55 AM
Last time forbearers were given away you were boned if you didn't have a screen recorder, back then no complaining threads showed up.

Lets try keeping it that way:).

Candylicks
02-20-2015, 11:58 AM
Thank u for this. Candy I am not trying to belittle this contest. To be frank I think it is a great thing, but this seems to me not like an ordinary contest, but unofficial 3 weeks long event with comparable prices.

We have tried from the beginning to be transparent on the prizes and encourage everyone possible to run! Kali and any of the guys hosting are totally laid back and have volunteered our time to any guild or person to help run. We have people in our own guilds who missed some maps and won't get the vanity.

We went round and round on the StS prizes, what we originally asked for was turned down. Kali got the final vanity OK literally 2 days ago and posted it up to the forums. He could not legitimately say what the prize was until we got the 100% confirmation and the SS of it. Can you imagine if he said, hey guys there is a vanity for a prize but they ended up not being able to deliver it?

I truly am sorry if you felt misled in anyway, our intent was to make something fun for the game to fill the hole before expansion. Meet friends, gain APs, that's it. Please try and understand this was never a malicious or devious act. Simply a prize for the people who supported the Tour from the beginning.

Visiting
02-20-2015, 11:58 AM
The only real thing worthy of complaining about here is the fact that the other classes get shoes/boots on their Vanites, whilst us smurfs go barefoot :(

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 11:59 AM
We have tried from the beginning to be transparent on the prizes and encourage everyone possible to run! Kali and any of the guys hosting are totally laid back and have volunteered our time to any guild or person to help run. We have people in our own guilds who missed some maps and won't get the vanity.

We went round and round on the StS prizes, what we originally asked for was turned down. Kali got the final vanity OK literally 2 days ago and posted it up to the forums. He could not legitimately say what the prize was until we got the 100% confirmation and the SS of it. Can you imagine if he said, hey guys there is a vanity for a prize but they ended up not being able to deliver it?

I truly am sorry if you felt misled in anyway, our intent was to make something fun for the game to fill the hole before expansion. Meet friends, gain APs, that's it. Please try and understand this was never a malicious or devious act. Simply a prize for the people who supported the Tour from the beginning.

May I ask what the prize was you guys wanted?^^

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 12:00 PM
The only real thing worthy of complaining about here is the fact that the other classes get shoes/boots on their Vanites, whilst us smurfs go barefoot :(

The mage one is the ugliest one in my opinion.
It's only covering 1 part of the body :/

obee
02-20-2015, 12:04 PM
So you are mad because you were too lazy to run it since you didn't know what the prize was?

Candylicks
02-20-2015, 12:06 PM
May I ask what the prize was you guys wanted?^^

Sure! We asked for them to make a banner for this. They just didn't have enough time to create something new, so an old recolored vanity was what worked on both ends. Turns out a banner, which from our eyes seems like a simple colored square, is actually labor intensive on their end.

Again, we plan for this to be an annual event so perhaps next year we will get the banners and be able to tell everyone from the beginning what it looks like.

A PvE contest of this magnitude is the first for everyone, the community and StS. Everything isn't perfect, but we learn as we go and adjust for the future. We had no clue so many people would be submitting SS and I know that next year Kali will be able to adjust the time frame of each week based on what we learned from this round.

Again, to the OP your voice is heard and valued and I hope that you see it from both sides. Hey I see you got the Gauntlet banner too btw. Pft I was too busy inputting on week 1 to go for that one. Hehe. Give and take here, right? I mean for PvE to have so many things to do in the game is a POSITIVE!!!!

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 12:06 PM
So, let me understand. You are angry because you couldn't be bothered to do a total of 30 minutes of runs in Week 1 and 2?

A month long event representing the largest player-driven contest ever created in AL with STS gifts at the end isn't enough magnitude for you to even be curious?

Prior to the discovery that there were vanities involved, 35m, Mythic eggs, helping guildies get missing APs, fun runs, cross-guild competition and increased activity and participation were all beneath you?

Now, after realizing that you have disqualified yourself due to a total lack of participation, you are going to rage and turn what is effectively an event celebrating Elites, Unity, Fun and Challenge into a crusade?

I posted the contest, I was open about there being an STS reward. It's no one's fault other than yours that you didn't want to participate because there wasn't enough in the prize pool for you to bother putting in a TOTAL of 50 minutes of game play over the first two weeks.

Why would you assume outright that I am angry rather than that i may find this development a bit unfair. I did not take a part in this knowing that the payouts were coming from private pockets and would benefit more other players more then myself. However, exclusive non-tradable vanity it is a different issue here as I would have made that effort.

I do not undermine your work, not the contest you are behind. I oppose every lack of transparency, buffs and nerfs business and changing prices after they have been announced. I am no doing this for personal gain either, but all those who would have taken part in this knowing beforehand what they are fighting for.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 12:08 PM
Sure! We asked for them to make a banner for this. They just didn't have enough time to create something new, so an old recolored vanity was what worked on both ends. Turns out a banner, which from our eyes seems like a simple colored square, is actually labor intensive on their end.

Again, we plan for this to be an annual event so perhaps next year we will get the banners and be able to tell everyone from the beginning what it looks like.

A PvE contest of this magnitude is the first for everyone, the community and StS. Everything isn't perfect, but we learn as we go and adjust for the future. We had no clue so many people would be submitting SS and I know that next year Kali will be able to adjust the time frame of each week based on what we learned from this round.

Again, to the OP your voice is heard and valued and I hope that you see it from both sides. Hey I see you got the Gauntlet banner too btw. Pft I was too busy inputting on week 1 to go for that one. Hehe. Give and take here, right? I mean for PvE to have so many things to do in the game is a POSITIVE!!!!

A banner in my opinion should show what it's connected to, with elites that would be quite hard:).

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Why would you assume outright that I am angry rather than that i may find this development a bit unfair. I did not take a part in this knowing that the payouts were coming from private pockets and would benefit more other players more then myself. However, exclusive non-tradable vanity it is a different issue here as I would have made that effort.

I do not undermine your work, not the contest you are behind. I oppose every lack of transparency, buffs and nerfs business and changing prices after they have been announced. I am no doing this for personal gain either, but all those who would have taken part in this knowing beforehand what they are fighting for.

My main reason of joining this contest was the secret prize, sometimes you just have to go for it if you think it's worth it.

Starkinea
02-20-2015, 12:11 PM
We wanted a banner tbh, and it was discussed in the same thread that you have flamed! But even to scroll down a bit was too much for you!
Players gave away gold and eggs from their personal stashes, we have a small team that sacrificed their personal time for this contest to upload all the data.
You come here to general discussion and trying to flame the contest?
I'm sorry, but your lack of interest (just because we mentioned a SMALL prize from sts) in the contest from the beginning shows that you don't deserve it anyway.
Kali made it for PVE comunity, not greedy players.
Next time pay attention to details before flaming.

Sent from under the bed - Tapatalk still sux

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 12:13 PM

Thank you for clarification. With your words I personally consider this case as closed. I felt a bit misled as I honestly think that every excludive item should be properly announced, so that everyone has a chance to put his hand on it and not half way through something.

I apologise if I have wronged anyone of you with my concerns, but isnt this what the forums are for?

Thanks again and congratulations to the winers. You lucky bustards! ;-)

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 12:14 PM

Im not interested in participe for 35m contest or mythics eggs, but if they announced the vanitys before ill run for sure, even if needed 3 hours a day.

I get top lb on halloween, winter and gauntlet events, but this wasn't announced in offcial thread so can't expect exclusive vanitys for it.

think a good way to solve this is give a chance to own one after they announced or they can give plat/gold/items NO EXCLUSIVE.

PS: scroll a little up and see how innapropiate behavour they are using like cry or fu(that was in other thread on contest).

Imnot a kid i have 27 years old, work, house and wife and their have no respect here

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 12:15 PM
Im not interested in participe for 35m contest or mythics eggs, but if they announced the vanitys before ill run for sure, even if needed 3 hours a day.

I get top lb on halloween, winter and gauntlet events, but this wasn't announced in offcial thread so can't expect exclusive vanitys for it.

think a good way to solve this is give a chanace to own one after they announced or they can give plat/gold/items.

PS: scroll a little up and see how innapropiate behavour they are using like cry or fu(that was in other thread on contest).

The prize wasn't known when the contest started...

Ps: if the fu was for my meme that isn't fu as the offensive phrase...

*light bulb* a vanity is an item.

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 12:17 PM
We wanted a banner tbh, and it was discussed in the same thread that you have flamed! But even to scroll down a bit was too much for you!
Players gave away gold and eggs from their personal stashes, we have a small team that sacrificed their personal time for this contest to upload all the data.
You come here to general discussion and trying to flame the contest?
I'm sorry, but your lack of interest (just because we mentioned a SMALL prize from sts) in the contest from the beginning shows that you don't deserve it anyway.
Kali made it for PVE comunity, not greedy players.
Next time pay attention to details before flaming.

Sent from under the bed - Tapatalk still sux

Srry but i don't need to be announced for u hey there is a especial exclusive vanity if u run that contest, thats the STS work and they should be announced in official thread

Starkinea
02-20-2015, 12:17 PM

think a good way to solve this is give a chanace to own one after they announced or they can give plat/gold/items NO EXCLUSIVE.

Well sorry, but no.. the prize was exlusive from the beginning

Starkinea
02-20-2015, 12:19 PM
Srry but i don't need to be announced for u hey there is a especial exclusive vanity if u run that contest, thats the STS work and they should be announced in official thread

It is not STS contest, they dont need to announce anything,
This contest was arranged by Kalizzaa, and he did anounce it in his thread
Case closed, ty

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 12:21 PM
It is not STS contest, they dont need to announce anything,
This contest was arranged by Kalizzaa, and he did anounce it in his thread
Case closed, ty

NO, a exclusive vanity should be followed for an offcicial thread, i no need to check the kalizza contest to known their is a exclusive vanity.

ueveotadeo
02-20-2015, 12:22 PM

Actually, you should stop complaining a bit and open your eyes.

NOTHING IN THIS CONTEST IS STS WORK (all due respect to STS ppl!)

All of this was only possible due to the hardwork and dedication of a handfull of people that still cares about PVE.

Vanity was announced when it was confirmed, but from the very beging you knew that there was some other prize being offered.
If you couldnt be bothered to run, that is on you only, so stop diminishing everyones effort on this contest so far.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 12:23 PM
NO, a exclusive vanity should be followed for an offcicial thread, i no need to check the kalizza contest to known their is a exclusive vanity.

Lolololololololololololololololololol, all for you.

Visiting
02-20-2015, 12:24 PM

Sts posts mini-contests in the "Contests" section of the forums from time to time, the only difference here is that Kalizzza was the one who posted about this contest, it was also clearly stated that a special prize would be awarded, no one besides the contest planners and the dev(s)/mod(s) that they inquired to would have known what the actual prize was until it was publicly announced anyways.

Starkinea
02-20-2015, 12:25 PM

Maybe in your oppinion ,
But as i wrote before, your lack of interest in the first place, does not give you any right to discuss the prizes of contest YOU didn't participate in

gumball3000
02-20-2015, 12:26 PM
This should have been announced in a game banner or the news. I had no idea about this contest or the prizes.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 12:27 PM
This should have been announced in a game banner or the news. I had no idea about this contest or the prizes.

Maybe you shouldn't have joined a pvp guild?:p

octavos
02-20-2015, 12:28 PM

come to my game..it's better there...we all float there...everything floats there :cheerful:

http://horrorhomework.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/tumblr_mt1h98dh5W1si1fp7o1_500.gif

If I would have known about this I would have tried...but meh..i have the original so its ok XD.

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 12:29 PM
Actually, you should stop complaining a bit and open your eyes.

NOTHING IN THIS CONTEST IS STS WORK (all due respect to STS ppl!)

All of this was only possible due to the hardwork and dedication of a handfull of people that still cares about PVE.

Vanity was announced when it was confirmed, but from the very beging you knew that there was some other prize being offered.
If you couldnt be bothered to run, that is on you only, so stop diminishing everyones effort on this contest so far.

THE STS WORK IS A EXCLUSIVE VANITYS, there is none complain if no vanitys.

U got it?

ueveotadeo
02-20-2015, 12:30 PM

You guys blind?

ITS NOT AN STS CONTEST!!!!!!!

Appeltjes
THE STS WORK IS A EXCLUSIVE VANITYS, there is none complain if no vanitys.

U got it?

No I'm not getting it, your English seems a bit broken...

Sorcerie
Srsly people?

There is a link to the Contest Section of the forums right on the AL homepage.

Use it. Read it. Join it.

Don't blame the contest runners or sponsors for your lack of vigilance, the information has been there for weeks.

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Well, Looks like this event is for forums only members.... and it's for those who heard about the event... at it's beginning.

Why not telling everybody about it? Why is it a secret. idk

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Well, Looks like this event is for forums only members.... and it's for those who heard about the event... at it's beginning.

Almost all contest are only for the people on the forums...

How is it a secret if everyone can see the thread?

Zeus
02-20-2015, 12:37 PM
It's a vanity that many people will have - I do not see the big deal about complaining for it. A vanity is there for superficial reasons and in no way hinders game-play. It's not like this vanity offers a special stat bonus.

Visiting
02-20-2015, 12:38 PM

I doubt there's any PVE guild who didn't know about this contest, it's not like we were trying to hide this contest, quite the opposite in fact but, it's still a player sponsored event, we did what we could by making a thread, telling people in game and on Line :)

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 12:39 PM
They could have made them tradable. So, everyone who has missed out could have a chance to buy one, and considering how many people participated it will not be a difficult endeavour. In the end everyone gets their prices and some of you will be able to get them in cs. Everyone is happy!

Sorcerie
02-20-2015, 12:44 PM
They could have made them tradable. So, everyone who has missed out could have a chance to buy one, and considering how many people participated it will not be a difficult endeavour. In the end everyone gets their prices and some of you will be able to get them in cs. Everyone is happy!It's already been announced that they'll be non-tradeable (same as the forbearer sets), so don't count on it.

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 12:45 PM
I doubt there's any PVE guild who didn't know about this contest, it's not like we were trying to hide this contest, quite the opposite in fact but, it's still a player sponsored event, we did what we could by making a thread, telling people in game and on Line :)

I known about that contest when Kalizza planing to do, i read he asked STS for a prize and first reply was no.

Now after 2 weeks of contest, pam! heraltic exclusive vanitys recoloured from season 1, im in guild PVE-PVP, i not play PVP, i run a lot elites/planar tombs/arena and some of us in my guild do the same. We play for fun, not to get rich because we already are old players and we aren't broke.

Whats the point when u see a regard and can't participe for it?(I don't refer to gold or eggs here) Its like stole a candy to a kid.

I think if u put for a moment in our position u will understand

Zeus
02-20-2015, 12:45 PM
They could have made them tradable. So, everyone who has missed out could have a chance to buy one, and considering how many people participated it will not be a difficult endeavour. In the end everyone gets their prices and some of you will be able to get them in cs. Everyone is happy!

That ruins the point though - it's like forebearer vanity being trade-able. This vanity, while I do not have one, should only be to show: "Hey look guys, I participated in the Tour of Arlor contest".

However, one thing I do agree on is that if there were exclusive STG prizes being given out, it should've been announced in-game or via a STG moderator. I personally did not know until after the vanity prize was announced. I was under the impression that STG said no to the exclusive prizes. However, like with everything, there are missed opportunities and people need to learn to accept that it was a missed opportunity. Going forward, I would like to see that contests with exclusive prizes are given some sort of announcement from an STG employee.

Sorcerie
02-20-2015, 12:48 PM
That ruins the point though - it's like forebearer vanity being trade-able. This vanity, while I do not have one, should only be to show: "Hey look guys, I participated in the Tour of Arlor contest".

However, one thing I do agree on is that if there were exclusive STG prizes being given out, it should've been announced in-game or via a STG moderator. I personally did not know until after the vanity prize was announced. I was under the impression that STG said no to the exclusive prizes. However, like with everything, there are missed opportunities and people need to learn to accept that it was a missed opportunity. Going forward, I would like to see that contests with exclusive prizes are given some sort of announcement from an STG employee.So was the forbearer set announced by STS? Cause I do not recall it being such.

Zeus
02-20-2015, 12:49 PM
So was the forbearer set announced by STS?

It was not even announced until the end of the contest after everybody had participated. Even the participants did not know it would be a reward.

Visiting
Yikes, too slow to type faster than Zeus, GG

obee
I can see now where this guy is coming from though

grzena1982
It's a vanity that many people will have - I do not see the big deal about complaining for it. A vanity is there for superficial reasons and in no way hinders game-play. It's not like this vanity offers a special stat bonus.

I am sure you will be getting yours. The reason being is exclusive items come with bragging rights and priceless value for collectors. I would not be making this thread if they were tradable, nor would i bother running. Add exclusive to it, and I am all hands on deck with all 3 of my main chars.

Zeus
02-20-2015, 12:50 PM
I am sure you will be getting yours. The reason being is exclusive items come with bragging rights and priceless value for collectors. I would not be making this thread if they were tradable, nor would i bother running. Add exclusive to it, and I am all hands on deck with all 3 of my main chars.

How would I be getting mine if I have not participated in the contest...?

Sorcerie
02-20-2015, 12:50 PM
It was not even announced until the end of the contest after everybody had participated. Even the participants did not know it would be a reward.Hm, so not much different from this situation, really.

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 12:53 PM
How would I be getting mine if I have not participated in the contest...?

Ehh.. Using phone, missed ur previous post.

Raregem
02-20-2015, 12:55 PM
I am truly sadden to see people complaining about a 100% player driven contest. Kali spent who knows how many hours building a website and months planning to bring a great thing to this community. Not to mention the manual "labor" and man hours it has taken to record thousands of SS.

It was announced 12 days before the contest even started that there would be a special prize from STS http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?204843-Contest-Planning-Kalizzaa-s-Tour-of-Arlor&p=2016034&viewfull=1#post2016034 it is big red lettering. If you choose not to read the thread and then to ignore the first weeks thread that is on the person.

The vanity should not be trade-able either this is not a run for profit, but for a love of PVE and participating as a community. Don't go putting a sour taste in everyone's mouth because you couldn't be bothered to read and take part.

CAK Vader
02-20-2015, 12:55 PM
Oh calm your butt cheeks. No one forced you to not participate, why do you even care.

Zeus
02-20-2015, 12:56 PM
Hm, so not much different from this situation, really.

It is different in this regard:

1. The first statement from STG was STG said no to such prizes. This changed later on.
2. Extravaganza prize was a bonus and kept from participants until the contest was ended so people did not just participate for the sake of a vanity and thus, having many junk video entries.
3. Tour prize reward was announced in week 2 and effectively locks in all current participants while leaving others out.

So, if the tour prize was announced after without participants knowing, then it would be similar. One cannot compare the two contests.

Note: I am just asking that if there are going to be exclusive STG rewards, have a STG employee post the contest and perhaps announce it in game as was done with tournaments in the past. The reality is most people are not even going to look at GoodSyntax's thread to try to discover if there's a cool prize. Why? He's a player and not a STG employee. I do not mean to be offensive to GoodSyntax. He holds my respect for running the contest. However, I am trying to bring to light why people would not even bother to look except PvE guilds that are associated or on friendly terms with ER.

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 01:01 PM
I am truly sadden to see people complaining about a 100% player driven contest. Kali spent who knows how many hours building a website and months planning to bring a great thing to this community. Not to mention the manual "labor" and man hours it has taken to record thousands of SS.

It was announced 12 days before the contest even started that there would be a special prize from STS http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?204843-Contest-Planning-Kalizzaa-s-Tour-of-Arlor&p=2016034&viewfull=1#post2016034 it is big red lettering. If you choose not to read the thread and then to ignore the first weeks thread that is on the person.

The vanity should not be trade-able either this is not a run for profit, but for a love of PVE and participating as a community. Don't go putting a sour taste in everyone's mouth because you couldn't be bothered to read and take part.

I enjoy all the kalizza work, and glad to see more that kind of contests, but a exclusive prize wasn't announced when event start, i check daily the forum.

STS not make a official thread about the prize to participe in kalizza contest, and now its impossible to earn a priceless vanity.

ueveotadeo
02-20-2015, 01:01 PM

1. The first statement from STG was STG said no to such prizes. This changed later on.
2. Extravaganza prize was a bonus and kept from participants until the contest was ended so people did not just participate for the sake of a vanity and thus, having many junk video entries.
3. Tour prize reward was announced in week 2 and effectively locks in all current participants while leaving others out.

So, if the tour prize was announced after without participants knowing, then it would be similar. One cannot compare the two contests.

Was announced from the very begining that there would be an STS prize.

As someone said, that could be an egg, a banner or a vanity.

People knew from the begining that they have some kind of garanteed reward.

Zeus
02-20-2015, 01:02 PM
Was announced from the very begining that there would be an STS prize.

As someone said, that could be an egg, a banner or a vanity.

People knew from the begining that they have some kind of garanteed reward.

From what I know - it was requested and the first answer was no. This was changed later on.

Again, I think people are confusing my intent for my posts. I have nothing to argue about the rewards for the Tour contest. Instead, I'm explaining reasoning. So, going forward, I think STG should take into suggestion my note in post #60.

Tatman
02-20-2015, 01:02 PM
Whining about banners and vanities in this game is beyond ridiculous. Every single vanity/banner released and there is always a group of people who will come up with some heart breaking story how this is unfair, that is unfair, vanity is ugly, banner has I on it and so on and so forth.

gumball3000
02-20-2015, 01:03 PM
You guys blind?

ITS NOT AN STS CONTEST!!!!!!!
So what, if sts gave away prizes then it should have been announced by them.

ueveotadeo
02-20-2015, 01:04 PM
From what I know - it was requested and the first answer was no. This was changed later on.

Correct, first answer was a NO to banner, but people didnt knew that untill now.

But before week 1 started, Kali posted that there was going to be some special prize from STS.

So again, you could expect an egg, vanity or banner.

Imsofancy
02-20-2015, 01:04 PM
I knew someone was gonna post a thread like this sooner or later. It was clearly stated that a special prize was going to be given out to those who completed all 4 weeks.
Its your fault that u did not want to run, most of us who ran this contest ran for fun, as we did not even know ourselves we would get it.

Zeus
02-20-2015, 01:06 PM
Correct, first answer was a NO to banner, but people didnt knew that untill now.

But before week 1 started, Kali posted that there was going to be some special prize from STS.

So again, you could expect an egg, vanity or banner.

So people are expected to pay attention after the first answer was no? Interest was already lost after there was said to be an exclusive reward and then later on, dismissed. How are people supposed to know to follow up?

Starkinea
02-20-2015, 01:07 PM

Again, I think people are confusing my intent for my posts. I have nothing to argue about the rewards for the Tour contest. Instead, I'm explaining reasoning. So, going forward, I think STG should take into suggestion my note in post #60.

A reply was a NO for a banner, cause of lack of man power...check your sources
In any case I do not remember myself complaining for pvp Banner i did not recieve for PVP contest I did NOT participated

gumball3000
02-20-2015, 01:08 PM
So people are expected to pay attention after the first answer was no? Interest was already lost after there was said to be an exclusive reward and then later on, dismissed. How are people supposed to know to follow up?
No only that but you had to read all the posts in the thread to see that kaliza mentions it.

Zeus
02-20-2015, 01:08 PM
A reply was a NO for a banner, cause of lack of man power...check your sources
In any case I do not remember myself complaining for pvp Banner i did not recieve for PVP contest I did NOT participated

Yes, the reply was NO for a banner because of lack of manpower. From that point on, people are expected to follow up on Kali's contest to see if there's any more updates? PvP banner was earned - it wasn't given through participation.

Again, I'll repeat. All I am asking is in the future, for exclusive STG rewards, do it properly.

ueveotadeo
02-20-2015, 01:09 PM

People never knew the first answer was a no. Just event organizers, till now at least.

As I said, before first week started Kali posted that we could expect a special prize from STS.

Zeus
02-20-2015, 01:12 PM
People never knew the first answer was a no. Just event organizers, till now at least.

As I said, before first week started Kali posted that we could expect a special prize from STS.

I was not an event organizer yet I knew the first answer was no.

I think you have mistaken my stance on the matter. I am not requesting to make change on existing rewards - I am saying for STG to announce it in a manner where one does not have to subscribe to a particular player's posts. That's where the error happened and something that should be addressed in future contests with STG exclusive rewards.

Starkinea
02-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Yes, the reply was NO for a banner because of lack of manpower. From that point on, people are expected to follow up on Kali's contest to see if there's any more updates?

PvP banner was earned - it wasn't given through participation.

This vanity is earned for a month long contest, not for all participants
And yes, you should follow, i think you have more than enough friends in game who told you about the prize, and yet you chose to disregard

Petrichor
02-20-2015, 01:13 PM
This all seems kind of silly. If you chose not to participate then it is kind of your doing. Count your blessings.

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 01:15 PM
I was not an event organizer yet I knew the first answer was no.

I think you have mistaken my stance on the matter. I am not requesting to make change on existing rewards - I am saying for STG to announce it in a manner where one does not have to subscribe to a particular player's posts. That's where the error happened and something that should be addressed in future contests with STG exclusive rewards.

i think STS should change the special prize for a mythic egg, and keep that vanitys to next gauntlet OFFICIAL content

Zeus
This vanity is earned for a month long contest, not for all participants
And yes, you should follow, i think you have more than enough friends in game who told you about the prize, and yet you chose to disregard

I actually had no one tell me until the vanities became public. That's how I found out. I'm in many line groups with ER, Enigmatic, and other players as well. I read all of the line archives as well so...This vanity is earned for participation in all four weeks, as GoodSyntax has stated. The PvP banner is earned by beating all participants in the tournament. There is a difference.

Again, I do not know how many times I need to repeat this sentence: I am not asking for anything to be done about Tour rewards. I am asking for STG to announce such contest prizes in a manner where one does not need to subscribe to a particular player's posts. I do not see any reason why me and you should have disagreement on this.

obee

Raregem
02-20-2015, 01:17 PM

Note: I am just asking that if there are going to be exclusive STG rewards, have a STG employee post the contest and perhaps announce it in game as was done with tournaments in the past. The reality is most people are not even going to look at GoodSyntax's thread to try to discover if there's a cool prize. Why? He's a player and not a STG employee. I do not mean to be offensive to GoodSyntax. He holds my respect for running the contest. However, I am trying to bring to light why people would not even bother to look except PvE guilds that are associated or on friendly terms with ER.

This is not a tournament and even with the PVP 13-15 twink 1v1 http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?177398-Hardcore-1vs1-Tournament-for-Twinks!-lvls-13-15&p=1836155&viewfull=1#post1836155STS gave platinum to the winners. They did not announce the player run tournament or that there would be a plat prize(correct me if I am wrong but I do not recall seeing any official announcement).

No one complained about it. So what's the difference here? That pvp guild are mad they didn't check the contest section? Is it because of what the prize is? I am baffled by the complaints. This is not the first time and hopefully not the last (which it may well be) time that sts will do something for player driven contests. To my knowledge they have never announced when they are contributing to a player sponsored contest.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 01:18 PM

But this contest is open to everyone, for the last one you needed a screen recorder so some people didn't even have a chance at getting the vanity.

Kakashis
02-20-2015, 01:19 PM
Fact of the matter is that you should have participated no matter the prize. I was expecting a banner or some ank package but I and many others still ran it for other reasons. The vanities were a shock and quite frankly, I'm glad they announced it half way as it separates the people who run these regularly, from those who would only do for items. The prizes alone along with helping guildies in elite should have been incentive enough.

ueveotadeo
02-20-2015, 01:19 PM
i think STS should change the special prize for a mythic egg, and keep that vanitys to next gauntlet OFFICIAL content

I think you talk too much...never realy saw a constructive post made by you and now you are trying to interfere with an event you were not interested from the begining?

You made your points (not so good imo) and we made ours, so please just shut up and go away....

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 01:21 PM
This is not a tournament and even with the PVP 13-15 twink 1v1 http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?177398-Hardcore-1vs1-Tournament-for-Twinks!-lvls-13-15&p=1836155&viewfull=1#post1836155STS gave platinum to the winners. They did not announce the player run tournament or that there would be a plat prize(correct me if I am wrong but I do not recall seeing any official announcement).

No one complained about it. So what's the difference here? That pvp guild are mad they didn't check the contest section? Is it because of what the prize is? I am baffled by the complaints. This is not the first time and hopefully not the last (which it may well be) time that sts will do something for player driven contests. To my knowledge they have never announced when they are contributing to a player sponsored contest.

Yes, but there is a lot difference from platinum regard than a EXCLUSIVE vanity

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 01:22 PM

Just lol hahaha

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 01:23 PM

However, one thing I do agree on is that if there were exclusive STG prizes being given out, it should've been announced in-game or via a STG moderator. I personally did not know until after the vanity prize was announced. I was under the impression that STG said no to the exclusive prizes. However, like with everything, there are missed opportunities and people need to learn to accept that it was a missed opportunity. Going forward, I would like to see that contests with exclusive prizes are given some sort of announcement from an STG employee.

Oh really? When was the Arlor Challenge challenge? Who knows. I am not visiting contest part because I don't want to recieve prizes from other players, let other people do it. I don't need that. ... but if STS is giving away exclusives and unique stuff for the contest.. why don't they inform everybody!!! Why is there is noting about it in the 2015-01-30 news feed??? Forum contest? OK! but why not inviting everyody to participate by joining forums?

gumball3000
02-20-2015, 01:24 PM
There is people who rarely check the forums, maybe they would have participated if they knew about the contest or the prizes.

Announcing they will give away these vanities should have been announced publicly. That is the right thing to do.

I don't get why people who got these vanities feel the need to defend sts in this matter. Nobody is trying to take away your vanities but we just want to know why was this action taken without letting everyone know, including in game announcement for those who don't regularily check the forums.

Enterradora
I think you talk too much...never realy saw a constructive post made by you and now you are trying to interfere with an event you were not interested from the begining?

You made your points (not so good imo) and we made ours, so please just shut up and go away....

why i need to shut up cuz u say me? I moved from that contest cuz i don't need to compete for gold or eggs, and give more chances to win something to non-wealthy players, But i was gonna participe if it was a banner or exclusive vanity to remember the contest.

obee

ueveotadeo
02-20-2015, 01:26 PM
why i need to shut up cuz u say me? I moved from that contest cuz i don't need to compete for gold or eggs, and give more chances to win something to non-wealthy players, But i was gonna participe if it was a banner or exclusive vanity to remember the contest.

So, you are saying that you would only participate out of greedy and not to help your guild and maybe even have fun with some of your frieds? There are some pretty fun maps to ran there if you are a PVE player....

Titanfall
Everyone was given the fair chance. My guildies ran the gauntlet earned themselves a banner and they have still ran every contest map. It was stated there'll be a secret prize but I guess you were to lazy to run for an hour to find out what and you assumed it was just some platinum. Im sure you knew about the conest from day 1 so its your own fault. And everyone currently raging and complaining must have been like this:
*clicks on contest thread*
"Oooo new contest, secret sts prize huh? Probly some plat. I cant be bothered competing for a grimm egg and the prize is probly some plat i got enough."
*finds out secret prize*
"WHAAAAA HELL NAW YOU CANT DO THAT"

Sorcerie

You made your points (not so good imo) and we made ours, so please just shut up and go away....Uev, that's not how we roll. I can see where he's coming from and I feel for him, but truth is the info was out there, available to anyone at anytime, so if they didn't put stock in the contest regardless of what was being offered as prizes then it's on them. That's all there is to it.

Zeus
02-20-2015, 01:28 PM

Platinum is not an exclusive reward. It can be purchased provided that said player has the money. That's the difference.

Again, I am not complaining to change anything regarding Tour of Arlor contest rewards. I am asking STG to announce exclusive STG rewards where a player does not need to subscribe to another player's posts just to see that there are exclusive prizes. Where am I disrespecting the Tour of Arlor contest or requesting that people should be given a second chance? I thoroughly believe people should not be given a second chance and I am okay with not having the vanity (I believe others need to accept this fact as well). All I am asking for is a change in the future when there are exclusive STG prizes.

Is that too much to ask? I do not see why we need to quarrel on this. I'm not asking for people to have a second chance on these vanities. I am not disrespecting the contest in itself. I'm asking for something else entirely.

@Apple
It was a thank you from STG for taking the time to teach new players even if there was not a guaranteed prize. All the video guides were organized and quality entries. If there was a prize announced for all participants prior to the contest, it would result in a lot of shoddy quality video guide entries.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 01:29 PM

If I hear "secret prize" I already know enough, I was quite sure it would be smthn cool. So I decided to start running knowing I wouldn't make any gold and only spend gold on pots in the hope that this prize would be as cool as I thought it would be.

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 01:30 PM
Notice that Elite Tinidirin is very hard, and must be completed by a very strong team.

I don't have Mythics. I have low chances of being accepted in a team of strong players.

Those vanities will not be given to every participant, but only for the strong ones and the lucky noobs (Like me) who got accepted in a strong friendly team (but I have no team)... and they don't even have to fight against eachother to get it... just do the job and get back to their normal life. If it was an LB event, I understand, but this is for ALL but not for ALL.

Anyways, what's done is done. Enjoy your 190th new exclusive limited unique vanity...

This thread is simply telling STS to not get involved in player contests anymore.

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 01:33 PM
So, you are saying that you would only participate out of greedy and not to help your guild and maybe even have fun with some of your frieds? There are some pretty fun maps to ran there if you are a PVE player....

I help my guildies when they need, thats why we have a guild chat, no need a contest to do that and u can have fun too.

Contest is supposed to grant the new or broke members of ur guild a change to earn some goodies and gold due to improve the APS, kills, etc...

Its a win-win because who organize normally is the master or/and officers and the purpouse is have fun and bump a little ur rank in guild rank, and the members who participe a chance to earn some gold or/and items.

But not a exclusive vanity untradeable.

Sorcerie
Sad thing is conversations like this will only end in STS not supporting player contests in the future...

Appeltjes
Platinum is not an exclusive reward. It can be purchased provided that said player has the money. That's the difference.

Again, I am not complaining to change anything regarding Tour of Arlor contest rewards. I am asking STG to announce exclusive STG rewards where a player does not need to subscribe to another player's posts just to see that there are exclusive prizes. Where am I disrespecting the Tour of Arlor contest or requesting that people should be given a second chance? I thoroughly believe people should not be given a second chance and I am okay with not having the vanity (I believe others need to accept this fact as well). All I am asking for is a change in the future when there are exclusive STG prizes.

Is that too much to ask? I do not see why we need to quarrel on this. I'm not asking for people to have a second chance on these vanities. I am not disrespecting the contest in itself. I'm asking for something else entirely.

@Apple
It was a thank you from STG for taking the time to teach new players even if there was not a guaranteed prize. All the video guides were organized and quality entries. If there was a prize announced for all participants prior to the contest, it would result in a lot of shoddy quality video guide entries.

Yes but back then I was considering of joining the contest but just simply couldn't, I also was dissapointed about not being able to join in the contest and even more dissapointed when noticing that I could've gotten a vanity (liked the design:p).

It still didn't pop up in my mind to start complaining about these things, I would've loved getting one of those vanities but I wasn't gonna rage over it, a vanity isn't a game changer.

Zeus
02-20-2015, 01:34 PM
Notice that Elite Tinidirin is very hard, and must be completed by a very strong team.

I don't have Mythics. I have low chances of being accepted in a team of strong players.

Those vanities will not be given to every participant, but only for the strong ones and the lucky noobs (Like me) who got accepted in a strong friendly team (but I have no team)... and they don't even have to fight against eachother to get it... just do the job and get back to their normal life. If it was an LB event, I understand, but this is for ALL but not for ALL.

Anyways, what's done is done. Enjoy your 190th new exclusive limited unique vanity...

This thread is simply telling STS to not get involved in player contests anymore.

They should get in player contests - it's a sign of a healthy community. However, in the future (think this is the 5th time I've said this), exclusive STG prizes should be announced by a STG employee so complaints like this cannot happen.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 01:36 PM

Now that's a lame excuse, I'm a full legendary warrior.
I do not own a single exclusive item (except if you count the 31 cap banner rofl) untill now I have completed every week, the only reason why it's difficult for me finding a party is because I'm a tank which nobody seems to want nowadays.

And no Tindirin most certainly isn't hard, to put it on scale it would for me be nordr>shuyal>planar tombs>tindirin.

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 01:37 PM
They should get in player contests - it's a sign of a healthy community. However, in the future (think this is the 5th time I've said this), exclusive STG prizes should be announced by a STG employee so complaints like this cannot happen.

Agreed, it's a sign of healthy community, and yea we're saying same bout exclusives

Zeus
02-20-2015, 01:38 PM
Yes but back then I was considering of joining the contest but just simply couldn't, I also was dissapointed about not being able to join in the contest and even more dissapointed when noticing that I could've gotten a vanity (liked the design:p).

It still didn't pop up in my mind to start complaining about these things, I would've loved getting one of those vanities but I wasn't gonna rage over it, a vanity isn't a game changer.

Yes and exactly why I am not complaining about the prizes. You will never see me complain about them being awarded and therefore, I defend the contest participants in that. I am asking for a change in exclusive STG prize announcement so that future complaints are greatly diminished. The Tour of Arlor vanity does not even appeal to me. It's far too common for me to enjoy wearing (As you can tell, I only wear vanities that very very few players can obtain. This is why I sold off Medusa!). I think you, and many other forumers, are mistaking intent for my posts.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 01:39 PM
Yes and I am not complaining for the prizes. When do you see one word about that? I defend the contest participants in that. I am asking for a change in exclusive STG prize announcement so that future complaints are greatly diminished. The Tour of Arlor vanity does not even appeal to me. It's far too common for me to enjoy wearing (As you can tell, I only wear vanities that very very few players can obtain. This is why I sold off Medusa!). I think you, and many other forumers, are mistaking intent for my posts.

I'm not saying you're complaining @.@ :p

Zeus
02-20-2015, 01:39 PM
I'm not saying you're complaining @.@ :p

Lol, I edited just before you posted. :p

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 01:41 PM

He did not say that. He is wealthy enough not take take part in contests to gain rewards which would benefit other players more. As for being helpful, get to know the guy better.

Candylicks
02-20-2015, 01:49 PM
(As you can tell, I only wear vanities that very very few players can obtain. This is why I sold off Medusa!)..

Zeus IRL

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 01:49 PM
In the end of the day mate, face the fact that you were to lazy to run for the secret prize which was clearly announced. What did you think the secret prize was a deary egg? And go back to the forebearer vanity. You could only get that if you had a screen recorder and a forum account. I couldnt screen record along with alot of other people but we didnt complain saying 'wow sts thats unfair I cant screen record' The prize was an exclusive vanity but no one complained did they? Why? Because STS hosted it. I bet if STS hosted this contest you'd stay put cause its an 'Official STG contest'.

Zeus
02-20-2015, 01:50 PM
Zeus IRL

Lol! I get annoyed if I catch somebody wearing the same shirt as me IRL. :D

gumball3000
02-20-2015, 01:53 PM
In the end of the day mate, face the fact that you were to lazy to run for the secret prize which was clearly announced. What did you think the secret prize was a deary egg? And go back to the forebearer vanity. You could only get that if you had a screen recorder and a forum account. I couldnt screen record along with alot of other people but we didnt complain saying 'wow sts thats unfair I cant screen record' Prize was an exclusive vanity but no one complained? Why? Because STS hosted it. I bet if STS hosted this contest you'd stay put cause its an 'Official STG contest'.
What do you mean by clearly announced? Clearly announced is in a post by sts or in game news not in some post by some forumer.

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 01:54 PM
What do you mean by clearly announced? Clearly announced is in a post by sts or in game news not in some post by some forumer.
Clearly announced on contest section. I didnt see forebearer being annouced in game.

ueveotadeo
02-20-2015, 01:54 PM

In the Contest Thread made by the Contest Organizer....not hard to find

Zeus
02-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Clearly announced on contest section. I didnt see forebearer being annouced in game.

I already explained why Forebearer was not announced prior to the contest. If it were, people would throw in junk entries just to get the vanity which in turn, would make it that much harder for judges to effectively judge the videos.

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 01:55 PM

Clearly announced as ALL of their events...

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 01:57 PM
In the end of the day mate, face the fact that you were to lazy to run for the secret prize which was clearly announced. What did you think the secret prize was a deary egg? And go back to the forebearer vanity. You could only get that if you had a screen recorder and a forum account. I couldnt screen record along with alot of other people but we didnt complain saying 'wow sts thats unfair I cant screen record' The prize was an exclusive vanity but no one complained did they? Why? Because STS hosted it. I bet if STS hosted this contest you'd stay put cause its an 'Official STG contest'.

lazy? cmon.. if its was an official contest i gonna be top 10 for sure, if the prize was gonna be announced at start i was gonna be top 10, if its a guild contest i was gonna push all my mates to run.

At forebears thinking u saying 'they made unfair and i can't get...' so the same problem its repeatly here.

Problmatique
02-20-2015, 02:01 PM
In the end, the truth still remains; there was a special prize from STS announced in advance. Sure, nobody knew what it was. But, it was announced. You decided not to run this event therefore making you ineligible for the prize. End of story.

I also did not run(can't run any elites past week 1/2 very well), and am fine with not adding this vanity to my collection, and I'm not going to make a complaint forum.

Fyrce
02-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Just my experience:

1. Check forums for new posts, as usual. Read Kali's Contest planning thread >> I think, "Cool name. Interesting idea. Sounds like lots of work for Kali and team."

2. Read Kali's Contest Week 1, see what runs required, see Weekly prizes, see STS secret prize >> I think, "Wow, that's pretty cool. And the runs are super easy. Hmm...I'll give it a go!"

3. Last day of Week 1 >> I think, "OMG, wth! LOTS and lots of posts! Lots and lots of people running! Wow!"

4. Week 2 >> I think, "This event is crazy! And a lot of fun! Solo could be interesting later."

5. When secret prize is announced >> I think, "Ah, so that's the secret prize. Guess it's the usual STS contest thing. Nice, but I'm busy running elites!"

P.S. I was thinking this would be great as an annual event. Maybe STS can take it over. I really had not done the lower elites in quite a long time, and had to relearn lots of them. Great event and great work, Kali+team.

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 02:02 PM
lazy? cmon.. if its was an official contest i gonna be top 10 for sure, if the prize was gonna be announced at start i was gonna be top 10, if its a guild contest i was gonna push all my mates to run.

At forebears thinking u saying 'they made unfair and i can't get...' so the same problem its repeatly here.
Omg all you had to do was spend an hour running elite map it takes no effort. It clearly said 'Secret prize from STS' Read that? S T S. Its an official prize from STS. Its clearly your fault. Did I run to win 500k and grimm? Not really I ran for the secret prize along with the other 100 people. And it was a guild contest ;)

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 02:02 PM

Nobody was complaining when the first forbearers were released, you are complaining now.

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 02:04 PM
Nobody was complaining when the first forbearers were released, you are complaining now.
Thank you

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 02:05 PM

because we just heard about it

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 02:07 PM
Omg all you had to do was spend an hour running elite map it takes no effort. It clearly said 'Secret prize from STS' Read that? S T S. Its an official prize from STS. Its clearly your fault. Did I run to win 500k and grimm? Not really I ran for the secret prize along with the other 100 people. And it was a guild contest ;)

First, the prize non announced the first week.

Second, i dont need to read from player ill get a STS regard to participe

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 02:07 PM
because we just heard about it

Lol, the first version was only to be gotten if you had a screen recorder and was announced after the contest.
Still nobody complained about it and they had also just heard about it rofl.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 02:08 PM

From the beginning there was announced to be a special sts prize...

For the scnd part well can't understand it.

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 02:08 PM

LOL. It was clearly announced on week 1 secret prize. Face it your fault.

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 02:10 PM
I get this impression that many of you dont understand the simple fact that I complained to the benefit of you all. It has never been about these vanities, at least not on my bahalf, never about the contest itself, nor the amount of work you put to get relevant maps completed, nor about undermining efforts of organisers and the hardship they have been through.

It has been about bad timing and how this been announced.

Ask yourself one question, would you like in the future to have a fair chance at gaining any exclusive rewards?

Understand our point of view as well, put yourself into our shoes. We were convinced its about gold and eggs, and some puny special item, meaning gold, plat, egg or ankhs. STS bolstered us in our conviction stated nothing else would be given, however, they changed that later on.

No-one on here is after your promised reward, we want to insure however that issues like this one will not happen in the future and that the community is adequately informed.

There are 2 possible solutions:
- make it tradable,
- let us take a part in this contest, for those willing to do this.

Every single one of you deserves to be told beforehand about highly desired items, so you have a chance to get them. This is my view and with this view I will firmly press for the appropriate response.

See, in the future, if it happens that I actually like smth exclusive, i would not want to miss out.

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 02:13 PM

Answer me this. Whos fault is it you didnt run? Mine or yours? Exactly yours. Dont say 'It wasnt announced blah blah blah'
Was it announced to us? No it wasnt. But we arent lazy and we ran to find out what the secret prize was which you could have done, BUT you mistook it for plat or gold or even just ignored it.
Case closed you've lost this arguement. For everyone who didnt read the contest section I feel for you guys and it isnt all your fault! :)

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 02:14 PM
I get this impression that many of you dont understand the simple fact that I complained to the benefit of you all. It has never been about these vanities, at least not on my bahalf, never about the contest itself, nor the amount of work you put to get relevant maps completed, nor about undermining efforts of organisers and the hardship they have been through.

Ask yourself one question, would you in the future have a fair chance as others to gain any exclusive rewards?

Understand our point of view as well, put yourself into our shoes, we were convinced its about gold and eggs, and special item, meaning gold, plat, egg or ankhs. STS bolstered us in our conviction stated nothing else would be given, however, they changed that later on.

No-one on here is after your promised reward, we want to insure however that issues like this one will not happen in the future and the comminitu is adequately informed about items of this magnitude.

- make it tradable,

Every single one of you deserves to be told beforehand about highly desired items, so you have a chance to get them. This is my view and with this view I will firmly press for the appropriate response.

See, in the future, if it happens that I actually like smth exclusive, i would not want to miss out.

1). Lol and where did you see sts saying no for giving out a special prize?
2). A special price to me is a vanity or a banner, since there already are banners with elite skulls on it I figured sts would give a vanity and decided to give the contest a go.
3). Making it tradeable will make all the hard work be nothing... If it's made tradeable I may as well liquidate it because it would hold 0 value to me.
4). You can take part in this contest, however you cannot earn the special price anymore.

Titanfall

Ask yourself one question, would you like in the future have a fair chance at gaining any exclusive rewards?

Understand our point of view as well, put yourself into our shoes. We were convinced its about gold and eggs, and some puny special item, meaning gold, plat, egg or ankhs. STS bolstered us in our conviction stated nothing else would be given, however, they changed that later on.

No-one on here is after your promised reward, we want to insure however that issues like this one will not happen in the future and that the community is adequately informed.

- make it tradable,

Once again. It wasnt announced to us either but we still ran for the secret prize.

twoxc
Bottom line is. Rather the vanity prize was announced second week, Third week or even after the event. It makes no difference if YOU as a player supposedly read the CONTEST THREAD and know about the contest top to bottom explaining YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL 4 WEEKS. (The prize of any contest especially a free one shouldn't matter) YOU, yourself weren't interested in the contest from the start. So why would you even bother complaining now and starting all this after the fact.

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 02:15 PM
From the beginning there was announced to be a special sts prize...

For the scnd part well can't understand it.

No you're not getting it. People who don't go to contest did NOT know about the excluxive vanities offered by STS. How will they know about it, if it was ANNOUNCED in the ANNOUNCEMENT section, with ANNOUNCEMENT in the NEWS FEED, and FACEBOOK??? I am checking those places for news...

How would I COMPLAIN if I did NOT know about the exclusives?

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 02:16 PM
Bottom line is. Rather the vanity prize was announced second week, Third week or even after the event. It makes no difference if YOU as a player supposedly read the CONTEST THREAD and know about the contest top to bottom explaining YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL 4 WEEKS. (The prize of any contest especially a free one shouldn't matter) YOU, yourself weren't interested in the contest from the start. So why would you even bother complaining now and starting all this after the fact.

Thank you god, somebody with brains!:3

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 02:16 PM
No you're not getting it. People who don't go to contest did NOT know about the excluxive vanities offered by STS. How will they know about it, if it was ANNOUNCED in the ANNOUNCEMENT section, with ANNOUNCEMENT in the NEWS FEED, and FACEBOOK??? I am checking those places for news...

How would I COMPLAIN if I did NOT know about the exclusives?

Lol, then they should check the contest section...

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 02:18 PM
Lol, then they should check the contest section...

No since it's NOT official announcements by STS. Thank you good bye

Titanfall

Ask yourself one question, would you like in the future have a fair chance at gaining any exclusive rewards?

- make it tradable,

No
No
This isnt just a contest for a vanity. It never was. The main contest was for the top prizes and if you restart the contest thats everyones effort wasted. It was never announced to us but we still ran, your fault for taking the prize as some small reward.

Appeltjes
No since it's NOT official announcements by STS. Thank you good bye

Lol your argument seriously sucks rofl...

Why shouldn't people check the contest section because it's not an official announcement by sts?

The forums are from sts better check all the sections.

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 02:19 PM
I am still not interested in this contest. Yet, given the inherent value of exclusive items for collectors and the way it has been announced I will press for a change. It is a matter of principle.

We get to dive all or none.

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 02:20 PM
Answer me this. Whos fault is it you didnt run? Mine or yours? Exactly yours. Dont say 'It wasnt announced blah blah blah'
Was it announced to us? No it wasnt. But we arent lazy and we ran to find out what the secret prize was which you could have done, BUT you mistook it for plat or gold or even just ignored it.
Case closed you've lost this arguement. For everyone who didnt read the contest section I feel for you guys and it isnt all your fault! :)

u are a kid?

why keep having no respect calling me lazy? I run every day 30 times planar tombs 3 and 20+ arena runs. (note here, i have work, u are jobless or u still go to school?)

Why i should run for some gold or grimm eggs(sold 35 in halloween event owned running).

and for ur last line of that comment, yes u are a kiddo, don't reply me again, i won't read ur comment and talk to someone who can't understand, its like talk whit the wall

grzena1982

I have reported you for being very abusive throughout this thread. You bring absolutely nothing to this discussion, 0.

Appeltjes
I am still not interested in this contest. Yet, given the inherent value of exclusive items for collectors and the way it has been announced I will press for a change. It is a matter of principle.

We get to dive all or none.

Everyone had his chance to dive, some people chose not to and some did.

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 02:21 PM

nope they are solid and based on facts.

You're just saying that people who didn't know about the contest are dummies because they didn't look after it... probably because it wasn't announced at the right place.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 02:23 PM
nope they are solid and based on facts.

You're just saying that people who didn't know about the contest are dummies because they didn't look after it... probably because it wasn't announced at the right place.

A contest being announced in the contest thread isn't the right place for it?

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 02:23 PM
I have reported you for being very abusive throughout this thread. You bring absolutely nothing to this discussion, 0.

K, idc

A tip maybe don't make useless threads?

gumball3000
02-20-2015, 02:27 PM
I see the people get some of the vanity winners get some enjoyement out of other peoples misfortune of not knowing anything about this contest or any exclusice sts prize.

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 02:27 PM
The thread is going nowhere, please close the thread.

Fyrce
02-20-2015, 02:28 PM

VANITY AS PRIZE:
I did not see a problem at all. Vanities are often prizes in contests, as are eggs, plat, etc. It often depends on the participation. When a player event gets great participation, STS often comes in and gives the players a reward. And no, no one knows whether it's a vanity or not.

ANNOUNCEMENT:
I saw the STS secret prize BEFORE the contest started and yes, it was a factor in my participation. I was, however, already interested from reading the Planning thread. That Planning thread was around for such a long time, I was wondering whether the contest was forgotten.

I saw the contest Tour Week 1 post NOT by accessing the contest section but by looking at new posts, which is how I usually see what's new in the forums. Sometimes I check individual forums, but mostly I just see what's new.

When I saw that, I also went back to check the Planning post, just to catch up.

When I saw that Week 1 was easy runs, of course, it was a no brainer. Just a few minutes to see what the secret prize might be and have some fun in the meantime. I figure I can do a day or so a week to participate. Of course, now that we're at harder elites, it's taking more time, but it's still interesting.

So sorry, but all I see is complaining. Those interested in contests would have checked out prizes and the contests to see whether one might be interesting and doable.

For me, the Tour happens to be both.

I still think whoever was unaware really made a choice to not dig further into the Tour.

gumball3000
02-20-2015, 02:29 PM
K, idc

A tip maybe don't make useless threads?
Did you win the vanity? If yes then good for you, enjoy it, nobody is trying to take it away from you.
This doesn't give you the right to insult other peoples threads for having their own opinion.

Candylicks
02-20-2015, 02:30 PM
Dear Arlor,

All of the suggestions on this thread have been taken to heart by everyone behind the scenes in the Tour of Arlor. I can promise you that we have put forth our very best efforts to make this as fair/fun/available as possible to every single one person that is an end-game PvE runner. There are some very good points in here, including ways to announce to more players in the future that something like this is going down. We are not StS employees so our hands are tied as far as laying in announcements in the game, and we try and not pester the devs/mods too much with requests of such.

You are all important, including your suggestions on here. The best that we can do is take them and implement then next year when we launch the Tour of Arlor again. Your heated comments I know are because you care about this community and the game, and it's OK if we don't see eye-to-eye all the time. That is what the forums are for, to voice what you feel is right in the game.

With that said, the people who have sponsored this event are not going to change the rules. We won't be allowing you to go back and complete Weeks 1 and 2 so you can get a vanity. The vanity won't become tradeable. It is at this point moving forward and with the thousands of players who have chosen to participate in the contest a done deal. Please be respectful and don't try and tear down what we have created by picking this apart. If you perpetuate this negativity and buzz the contest in this light, I can assure you that StS and your hard-working hosts will never sponsor an event like this again.

Respectfully, please move on and let's cheer on the players and guilds who are still running hard in the contest.

See you in the game.

Regards,
Candy

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 02:35 PM
VANITY AS PRIZE:
I did not see a problem at all. Vanities are often prizes in contests, as are eggs, plat, etc. It often depends on the participation. When a player event gets great participation, STS often comes in and gives the players a reward. And no, no one knows whether it's a vanity or not.

ANNOUNCEMENT:
I saw the STS secret prize BEFORE the contest started and yes, it was a factor in my participation. I was, however, already interested from reading the Planning thread. That Planning thread was around for such a long time, I was wondering whether the contest was forgotten.

I saw the contest Tour Week 1 post NOT by accessing the contest section but by looking at new posts, which is how I usually see what's new in the forums. Sometimes I check individual forums, but mostly I just see what's new.

When I saw that, I also went back to check the Planning post, just to catch up.

When I saw that Week 1 was easy runs, of course, it was a no brainer. Just a few minutes to see what the secret prize might be and have some fun in the meantime. I figure I can do a day or so a week to participate. Of course, now that we're at harder elites, it's taking more time, but it's still interesting.

So sorry, but all I see is complaining. Those interested in contests would have checked out prizes and the contests to see whether one might be interesting and doable.

For me, the Tour happens to be both.

I still think whoever was unaware really made a choice to not dig further into the Tour.

I understand what you are saying, but should I then take part in every contest on there including designing sigs to not missed out on exlusive content being given out. I am challenging exactly that. All i am saying is announce it, dont change it, and let us fight for it.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 02:36 PM
I understand what you are saying, but should I then take part in every contest on there including designing sigs to not missed out on exlusive content bring given out. I am challenging exactly that. All i am saying is announce it, dont change it, and let us fight for it.

It clearly said "secret sts prize"...

GoodSyntax
02-20-2015, 02:39 PM
As many of you know, I hold A LOT of events, typically funded by just me. Many of my events have had an STS donation of platinum, which is one of the benefits of STS having such a good relationship with the community here.

Months ago, I decided to quit the game, gave all of my gold and gear to my guildmaster to be used strictly to fund contests for both in guild and public. Weeks later, after non-stop PMs, emails, LINE messages, etc., I decided to return, and play this game for the community, to create more guides and to give more than I take. This contest is my Magnum Opus, and the most pure representation of all that I intend to do for this community, namely to rekindle interest in Elite PvE, to get guilds active, running and cooperating, to make tanks an integral part of gameplay, to encourage people to run with new players, and to generally get players engaged once again.

Weeks of planning, taking to friends, setting up the rules in a way that is fair to all PvE players and a simple request to STS for something special are where this whole concept began. Initially, given that this is a month long event, and requires a certain level of committment, I asked for a banner. The initial answer was no. I persisted and said this is a commitment, and initially requested an existing vanity as a prize. The response from STS was that they could do a rename of an existing vanity and I thought that was pretty neat. Finally, I said, if the Designers have some spare time, a recolor of an existing vanity would be pretty cool, but my expectations were quite low, since if they could not do a banner, they probably didn't have time for a recolor either.

Either way, I started the contest, not having a final answer from STS; hence the nebulous "special prize from STS".

Ultimately, my intention was to give the community something special that EVERYONE could attain, but only if they participated fully. There are a lot of items in game which are realistically achievable for <1% of the population, and the last thing I wanted was a Leader Board style item where only the wealthy, max geared players would stand a chance of winning.

Many things in this game cater to the 1%, everything from Leader Boards to Event winners, and so the mainstream population receive nothing, and to tell you the truth, they don't even stand a chance. We have PvP contests which are dominated by a handful of maxed out players from twink to endgame. We have events which require millions in energy to even have a sniff at the top 25. There should be something for the rest of the population, which is what this is all about.

And now, shortly after I received confirmation and screenshots that these recolored vanities would be the prize, I see a bunch of these 1 Percenters complaining about how unfair this is. These same players, who weren't interested in participating, who already have all of everything are somehow offended that there is something which they will never be able to get.

Many of you speak of fairness and equality, yet laugh at the paltry 35m and mythic eggs that are the main prize in this event. Some of you say you want this vanity to be tradeable, because you don't want to be bothered to run, but you do want the vanity and 35m is nothing to you. You tell me that you have banners from every event and if you would have known, only then would you have participated. In an event all about unity and fun, you have chosen to focus on a VANITY, and not the camaraderie and fun.

Meanwhile, we have undergeared legendary players grinding hard, players running with more guild members now than they ever have before, guilds working together to help eachother, players learning new strategies on old maps, elite activity at levels that rival what you would see when a new expansion drops, but all these benefits go unseen because some of you are fixated on a vanity.

Is a vanity so important to you that you would cheapen the whole experience, you would set the world on fire because there is something in game which you do not possess? You would go to STS and complain about inequality and unfairness when you are fully maxed out, have tens of millions in stash, already have all other exclusive items, and covet what amounts to little more than a participation award?

If the STS prize were anything other than a vanity, NONE of you complaining now would even care. All this drama over something that makes you look pretty and doesn't improve stats or gameplay in any way...

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 02:41 PM
I am writing this on my phone as I am waiting for my net to be installed, thus ill be updating this thread as quickly as i can to properly portray the whole picture of this case.

So, roughly at the same time as the Gauntlet event was running there has been a contest announced in the contest section of this forum, which clearly stated given prices ranging between gold payouts to grimm eggs. The contest was supposed to take 3 weeks to complete with prices being rewarded every week to the lucky winners.

Now, i.e., two weeks later, when the contest edges its end we find out that STS is going to reward all participants with EXCLUSIVE VANITIES, which you cannot get in any other way if u did not joined in the beginning of it.

So, whoever was running the official Gauntlet event, may feel a bit disappointed now knowing there is absolutely no chance to win this exclusive items. One may only wonder why STS would not officially announce this? Is this another one event with prices comparable with the Ursume event, not in terms of aesthetics, but variety?

The link to the appropriate thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?204843-Contest-Planning-Kalizzaa-s-Tour-of-Arlor

Vanities you have missed out:

Part of the truth is:

People who just knew about it will fight to obtain it.

People who are getting it will fight to keep it unique for them.

If it's your case, go for common sense: make it equal for all.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 02:44 PM
Part of the truth is:

People who just knew about it will fight to obtain it.

People who are getting it will fight to keep it unique for them.

If it's your case, go for common sense: make it equal for all.

1). Nobody knew about it....
2). Ofcourse they will, it's something that displays what you have worked for.
3). It is equal to all.

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 02:53 PM
As many of you know, I hold A LOT of events, typically funded by just me. Many of my events have had an STS donation of platinum, which is one of the benefits of STS having such a good relationship with the community here.

Months ago, I decided to quit the game, gave all of my gold and gear to my guildmaster to be used strictly to fund contests for both in guild and public. Weeks later, after non-stop PMs, emails, LINE messages, etc., I decided to return, and play this game for the community, to create more guides and to give more than I take. This contest is my Magnum Opus, and the most pure representation of all that I intend to do for this community, namely to rekindle interest in Elite PvE, to get guilds active, running and cooperating, to make tanks an integral part of gameplay, to encourage people to run with new players, and to generally get players engaged once again.

Weeks of planning, taking to friends, setting up the rules in a way that is fair to all PvE players and a simple request to STS for something special are where this whole concept began. Initially, given that this is a month long event, and requires a certain level of committment, I asked for a banner. The initial answer was no. I persisted and said this is a commitment, and initially requested an existing vanity as a prize. The response from STS was that they could do a rename of an existing vanity and I thought that was pretty neat. Finally, I said, if the Designers have some spare time, a recolor of an existing vanity would be pretty cool, but my expectations were quite low, since if they could not do a banner, they probably didn't have time for a recolor either.

Either way, I started the contest, not having a final answer from STS; hence the nebulous "special prize from STS".

Ultimately, my intention was to give the community something special that EVERYONE could attain, but only if they participated fully. There are a lot of items in game which are realistically achievable for <1% of the population, and the last thing I wanted was a Leader Board style item where only the wealthy, max geared players would stand a chance of winning.

Many things in this game cater to the 1%, everything from Leader Boards to Event winners, and so the mainstream population receive nothing, and to tell you the truth, they don't even stand a chance. We have PvP contests which are dominated by a handful of maxed out players from twink to endgame. We have events which require millions in energy to even have a sniff at the top 25. There should be something for the rest of the population, which is what this is all about.

And now, shortly after I received confirmation and screenshots that these recolored vanities would be the prize, I see a bunch of these 1 Percenters complaining about how unfair this is. These same players, who weren't interested in participating, who already have all of everything are somehow offended that there is something which they will never be able to get.

Many of you speak of fairness and equality, yet laugh at the paltry 35m and mythic eggs that are the main prize in this event. Some of you say you want this vanity to be tradeable, because you don't want to be bothered to run, but you do want the vanity and 35m is nothing to you. You tell me that you have banners from every event and if you would have known, only then would you have participated. In an event all about unity and fun, you have chosen to focus on a VANITY, and not the camaraderie and fun.

Meanwhile, we have undergeared legendary players grinding hard, players running with more guild members now than they ever have before, guilds working together to help eachother, players learning new strategies on old maps, elite activity at levels that rival what you would see when a new expansion drops, but all these benefits go unseen because some of you are fixated on a vanity.

Is a vanity so important to you that you would cheapen the whole experience, you would set the world on fire because there is something in game which you do not possess? You would go to STS and complain about inequality and unfairness when you are fully maxed out, have tens of millions in stash, already have all other exclusive items, and covet what amounts to little more than a participation award?

If the STS prize were anything other than a vanity, NONE of you complaining now would even care. All this drama over something that makes you look pretty and doesn't improve stats or gameplay in any way...

Let this thread end, we have all said what we wanted.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 02:57 PM
I dont see why would you get involved in this and attack us when you clearly see this is another issue of miscommunication. Besides, I am sure when you played the game you were driven to look pretty yourself. The whole purpose of me playing is to look nice and shiny and have a fun with my pals for as long as my old fingers let me. For the benefit of us all, items like this should be adequately announced.

You've clearly never met kali...

And he might get involved because he's the main creator of this contest...

nevercan
02-20-2015, 03:10 PM
I havent readed it after page 3 but life is with up and downs its like climbing a mounten you climb and you fal then you can chooce crying in an corner because you fal or you go further up again.
I havnt participate the contest why? I only log in to talk to my guild to give frendly people gold away about 50-100k a day until i run out of gold because its hard to give away whe you dont have it @.@
But its for you you wil cry because you didnt participate? Or are you going further farming in the game?

Kriticality
02-20-2015, 03:11 PM
Sorry to all that feel left out. I personally haven't run at all but come on... This should be a thread about celebration. The fact that this is sponsored and run entirely by Kali and candy and whomever else is incredible. Everyone that put this together has my highest praise. Nobody knew a vanity would be the secret prize from sts. Feel free to pm the ONLY people that can change this in the future (sts employees). None of the people that put this event on did anything wrong at all, nor should they change anything now. If you'd like sts to know the prize quicker and announce it, send them a pm.

This event is spectacular. To those that missed out, if it doesn't change, I suppose you now know to check players contest thread. It's clear that this was no small contest, it's all over chat box and all over arlor. Congrats to the runners and a massive thanks to any and everyone that donated time or gold to this contest. Heck... It makes me wanna donate!! :)

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 03:12 PM
I havent readed it after page 3 but life is with up and downs its like climbing a mounten you climb and you fal then you can chooce crying in an corner because you fal or you go further up again.
I havnt participate the contest why? I only log in to talk to my guild to give frendly people gold away about 50-100k a day until i run out of gold because its hard to give away whe you dont have it @.@
But its for you you wil cry because you didnt participate? Or are you going further farming in the game?

Not crying, just i not gonna buy any platinum anymore

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 03:15 PM
u are a kid?

why keep having no respect calling me lazy? I run every day 30 times planar tombs 3 and 20+ arena runs. (note here, i have work, u are jobless or u still go to school?)

Why i should run for some gold or grimm eggs(sold 35 in halloween event owned running).

and for ur last line of that comment, yes u are a kiddo, don't reply me again, i won't read ur comment and talk to someone who can't understand, its like talk whit the wall
You didnt answer my question because you know you got no ground in this arguement ;) now your calling me a kid to make yourself look good. I didnt disrespect you but you are worthy of being called lazy if you cant put in a few hours to find out what a secret prize is. You run PT3 30 times a day? Thats like a few hours. Take an hour out and put it into a contest isnt hard. And calling me a kid makes me doubt you are 27. I study all day just like you work so dont assume Im on 24/7 as I rarely get time to run. But I still ran to find out what the prize was, and it was well worth it. Own up to your own mistakes dont go round flaming others. Oh and I still want an answer to my question. Whos fault is it that you didnt run?

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 03:15 PM
Sorry to all that feel left out. I personally haven't run at all but come on... This should be a thread about celebration. The fact that this is sponsored and run entirely by Kali and candy and whomever else is incredible. Everyone that put this together has my highest praise. Nobody knew a vanity would be the secret prize from sts. Feel free to pm the ONLY people that can change this in the future (sts employees). None of the people that put this event on did anything wrong at all, nor should they change anything now. If you'd like sts to know the prize quicker and announce it, send them a pm.

This event is spectacular. To those that missed out, if it doesn't change, I suppose you now know to check players contest thread. It's clear that this was no small contest, it's all over chat box and all over arlor. Congrats to the runners and a massive thanks to any and everyone that donated time or gold to this contest. Heck... It makes me wanna donate!! :)

already made, no reply

massive? Its mainly 4-5 guilds who participed

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 03:18 PM
Not crying, just i not gonna buy any platinum anymore
OMG seriously???
Thats just being childish and is making people laugh at you.

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 03:23 PM
already made, no reply

Care to go look at the contest standings again, Instead of flaming and trying to make the contest look bad because of your jealousy?

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 03:24 PM
OMG seriously???
Thats just being childish and is making people laugh at you.

U are the childhish here, why i should burn 3k plat to get a exclusive event vanity kwoning i gonna lose money when they give one better for free?

Kriticality
02-20-2015, 03:24 PM
already made, no reply

I said a massive thanks... I hope you get a reply from sts with the outcome that you're looking for in future contests.

GoodSyntax
02-20-2015, 03:26 PM

dont worry i send a message to devs and mods, if they don't give a chance to own one i quit this game and im a plat user.

thats not true.

If they give that vanitys (season 1 heraltics recoloured) im so srry but i give up whit that game and they gonna lose other plat user customer.

Im feel so sad and disappointed about see that STS prize when u already playing the 3th week, if i know that was a prize ill participe and be sure ill earn that vanitys.

:(

SRRY BUT I SHOULD SAY NO TO THAT VANITYS

Great.

So now we know that you already have everything, 35m is nothing to you, you are on top of every event, you are quick to point out your plat usage and that you will quit if you can't have your way...

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 03:26 PM
U are the childhish here, why i should burn 3k plat to get a exclusive event vanity kwoning i gonna lose money when they give one better for free?
Lmfao you dont even know how the contest works. The vanity is rewarded to EVERYONE who ran all maps atleast once. That takes 3k plat? And with your last line that shows your jealousy and rage right there. If there gona give you one better for free stop whining then.

P.S still waiting for an answer to my question

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 03:29 PM
Lmfao you dont even know how the contest works. The vanity is rewarded to EVERYONE who ran all maps atleast once. That takes 3k plat? And with your last line that shows your jealousy and rage right there. If there gona give you one better for free stop whining then.

P.S still waiting for an answer to my question

read before posting, and go to school to learn

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 03:30 PM
Great.

So now we know that you already have everything, 35m is nothing to you, you are on top of every event, you are quick to point out your plat usage and that you will quit if you can't have your way...
Kali he wont quit, its an attempt to bait STS

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 03:31 PM
Oh and if you quit, Another 10 will play and another 1 will pay ;)
A.k.a STS dont lose out.

Xorrior
02-20-2015, 03:32 PM
Please sir, can I have vanities, banners or whatever from PVP sir, even tho I didn't participate sir or care to read the threads sir. You guys are so unfair sir even tho you mentioned prizes to be awarded sir.

It is not my fault I didn't read the thread sir or was even bothered to run sir. Please sir, vanity sir, for my lazy @ss sir.

Thank you sir.

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 03:32 PM
Great.

so? Ppl like me who spend their real money keep the game alive or free players can't enjoy the game.

I'm not dissapointed if they give a free cool stuff (doesnt matter if its a vanity, weapon, banner, pet, etc...) but they should post before u can't own and posted in official thread like announcement section.

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 03:35 PM
so? Ppl like me who spend their real money keep the game alive or free players can't enjoy the game.

I'm not dissapointed if they give a free cool stuff (doesnt matter if its a vanity, weapon, banner, pet, etc...) but they should post before u can't own and posted in official thread like announcement section.
You clearly are dissapointed. Your trying to make yourself look like the MVP here.
Such as "Im your biggest spender, you better give me that vanity sts or you aint getting paid from me anymore."

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 03:36 PM

PS: u can recover all my messages if u want, im saying in all the same, instead of all trolls there posting their meme's and have inapropiate behavior.

They seem to protect their future heraltic like smigol from lord of rings do whit the ring.

But hey the event is for fun

GoodSyntax
02-20-2015, 03:43 PM

Do you honestly think you're the only one spending real money here? I've spent plenty, and whatever your costs thus far to get where you are today is nothing compared to what some people have spent. I personally know players that have spent more than $35k on this game.

In the meantime, 36 Guilds have participated and 690 players have been active, but you are raging because you weren't one of them?

If you're 27 years old, then you should have learned at this point that you can't get everything you want in life. Raging and acting in such an uncivilized way does nothing to change that.

Haven't you carried this temper tantrum far enough? I get it, everyone gets it, you're mad that you can't get the vanity. Nothing that you do or say will change the fact that you couldn't be bothered to participate in this event until the Vanities were revealed. PMing me, PMing the Devs/Mods, and posting everywhere will not change the fact that you didn't participate.

Be happy with all the leaderboard banners and other things that you've earned.

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 03:45 PM
PS: u can recover all my messages if u want, im saying in all the same, instead of all trolls there posting their meme's and have inapropiate behavior.

They seem to protect their future heraltic like smigol from lord of rings do whit the ring.

We worked for it, we deserve it. We deserve exclusivity for the effort we put in.
Now people like you (from my perspective), Being the "Higher Class" dont want these to be exclusive to us anymore because its something you dont have.

I find that selfish tbh. This vanity isnt a game changer but your treating it like one.

690 people have participated but only under half have ran all maps. That makes you and the several others complaining the minority. And us 200+ the majority who want it to be exclusive.

Imsofancy
02-20-2015, 03:46 PM
Do you honestly think you're the only one spending real money here? I've spent plenty, and whatever your costs thus far to get where you are today is nothing compared to what some people have spent. I personally know players that have spent more than $35k on this game.

In the meantime, 36 Guilds have participated and 690 players have been active, but you are raging because you weren't one of them?

If you're 27 years old, then you should have learned at this point that you can't get everything you want in life. Raging and acting in such an uncivilized way does nothing to change that.

Haven't you carried this temper tantrum far enough? I get it, everyone gets it, you're mad that you can't get the vanity. Nothing that you do or say will change the fact that you couldn't be bothered to participate in this event until the Vanities were revealed. PMing me, PMing the Devs/Mods, and posting everywhere will not change the fact that you didn't participate.

Thank you.

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 03:49 PM

yeah so when i wanna have a new or recoloured vanity for me and my friends just need to make a big contest, a website to track them whit google analytics and solved, maybe its gonna be cheaper than buy plat.

Anyway good contest

Ladysophie
02-20-2015, 03:53 PM
Why are rewards announced at the end or when its too late to get them. Does it cost so much to be clear from the beginning?

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 03:55 PM
yeah so when i wanna have a new or recoloured vanity for me and my friends just need to make a big contest, a website to track them whit google analytics and solved, maybe its gonna be cheaper than buy plat.

Anyway good contest
Treat Kali with respect he deserves it more than you do. Do you know how much effort Kali and the team put in? Do you how time consuming it must be to record thousands of runs? Even if you had a chance at this vanity (which you did) you dont even deserve it.

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 03:56 PM
Why are rewards announced at the end or when its too late to get them. Does it cost so much to be clear from the beginning?

thats not the paticipants or organizer fault.

STS did mistake of misscomuncation about that.

Candylicks
02-20-2015, 03:56 PM

Ikr it's hard to find the answers in this thread. Apologies!!!

The exact award was announced about 5 minutes after Kali received the final word and SS from StS of the vanity recolored. The contest was launched without the exact prize confirmed. We tried hard to get banners but there wasn't enough time for development so they were able to do the vanity, which did have to get the recolor and rewording on them.

The best that we could do was say 'sts exclusive prize' when it began.

Hope that clears it up for you!

GoodSyntax
02-20-2015, 04:00 PM

I posted what I knew from the start. I didn't KNOW it was going to be a unique vanity. I asked for a banner, they said no. I asked for a custom vanity, they said they didn't have time. But, STS did say they would contribute something, so I went with the information I had at the time - that STS would have something for those that completed the challenge.

I was pleasantly surprised in the middle of week 2 that STS would have a custom vanity, and when I received the screen shots, I posted them.

Unfortunately my joy at hearing that STS would do something really neat and unique has turned into disgust because of all the rage. Frankly, I doubt I will bother to host or manage future events of this type, because, pardon my French here, this **** doesn't pay, and all I get is angry PMs and threads like this, which hardly inspires me to do more.

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 04:01 PM
Enter do not argue with trolls, you keep feeding them. (I don't mean u Kaliz) They have managed to completely derail this thread, which was mainly about how untimely this has been announced and overall how unfair I find this.

To the organiser I tell this, exclusive items are always of a great concern to everyone, especially the rich, not that i consider myself as one.

Kaliz you said you have given free runners a chance to get smth unique, and absolutely no-one wants to take that away from them.

Please lets get back to the point of this thread, smth that Zeus has also brought up, being that announcements of this magnitude should be made in advance by designated STS personel.

obee
02-20-2015, 04:02 PM
Enter do not argue with trolls, you keep feeding them. They have managed to completely derail this thread, which was mainly about how untimely this has been announced and overall how unfair I find this.

To the organiser I tell this, exclusive items are always of a great concern to everyone, especially the rich, not that i consider myself as one.

Kaliz you said you have given free runners a chance to get smth unique, and absolutely no-one wants to take that away from them.

Please lets get back to the point of this thread, smth that Zeus has also brought up, being that announcements of this magnitude should be made in advance by designated STS personel.
This thread was never going to work

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 04:03 PM
This thread was never on the rail buddy

English is my second language, if you couldnt get the gist, i do apologise.

GuardianTwo
02-20-2015, 04:06 PM
Exclusive according to me means , that thing should be only available to the ones who really really earned it. So here in this case it should be as a token of gift and SHOULD be exclusive to those who wanted fun in elites/contest/unity (yup already mentioned,hate to repeat), and not to those who just want that exclusive thing and dont care about the main things-elites/contest.
But as this game is going, everyone wants every info ahead of anyone else, or atleast at their leisure, and nothing like, wow cool great surprise, (idk why to give all things out , keep it surprise , no spoiler or else such things gonna happen, everyone wanting it to be announced first ...)
And in my opinion STS shouldnt have announced it till end, and just gave it atlast as surprise...

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2015, 04:07 PM
Great.

no, we're not saying that 35m is nothing for us. We are saying that we are not visiting contest sections because we are not interrested in player hosted contest.

At all STS event, everyone wants the vanities given by STS. The common sense is: If you're giving away something, make it available for all.

In this exact case, people who are not visiting contest section, for very obvious reasons (you're not the one creating exclusive items), are not given the chance to obtain an exclusive item because it was announced somewhere else then the usual announceemnt spots.

WHAT IF STS POSTS A NEW VANITY CONTEST FOR ARCANE LEGENDS IN STAR LEGENDS OFF-TOPIC SECTION? Who goes there? idk. Who will know? idk, oh well you missed it you should have visited the off-topic section of that abandonned game aww :c
Well it's not the case, but that's pretty much how we see things. Yea, they hide events now... looks like hide and seek... then I'll go over sections of each game and check them daily so I can not miss any of their events. Yep, I have that much time to burn.

Well, conclusion:

It looks like this was meant to be given to a chosen player range: Only people who participate in Player contests. If this is the point, they are successful. I saw a little advertisement sent by Arpluvial on chat box in the past few days, it was for SL, PL and DL players. The event isn't given to other players... only the few ones who scroll up and find Arpluvial message...

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 04:08 PM

Exactly! You have grasp my intentions. ^_^

twoxc
02-20-2015, 04:08 PM
Lol enterradora. clearly you seem to be raging. Take a chill pill please. You sound like those people that say "I don't give an eff about anything, I have money I gotta get what I want or else" or else what? Cause you spend real money to buy platinum? You gonna stop buying platinum? So what? You're not the only one buying platinum. If I recall correctly there's a thread somewhere made by you saying you were 100% done with the game and quitting giving stuff away lol. Now I'm curious why you are still here. What waiting for this exclusive contest vanity which isn't made by sts but backed up by them and now you can't have it your way? What reason do you have, not able to run this contest? You got plenty of time doing 30 tombs 3 a day. You have forum account to have come across this in contest section. Unless you're just not interested from the start as it was free and the prize not worthy enough and not worth your time but now you seem Soooo interested because of the additional prize? Which was clearly stated STS MYSTERY PRIZE If completed from start to finish. If you HAD the will power to show some interest in the contest itself not base on WHAT THE PRIZE was and just participate from beginner, all would have been fine. This is a FREE CONTEST. there's a quote I usual say "beggars can't be choosers" and this is basically the case which you are in. So just deal with it and just chill out.

PS. how much platinum did you actually bought that would make a contribution to this game or even scratch the suffice of sts income? I'll bet you 5mil gold here and now as everyone can witness and I will fairly give you 5m gold with no hesitation if I lose to your platinum count purchase history. Just a rough count. Mine is 500k+

Ravager
02-20-2015, 04:09 PM
I believe the reason why this is not in the Announcements section is because this is a user-created contest and for the most part, majority of the prizes are coming out of the users pockets. STS decided to support this user-created contest. There are never any announcements on user-created contests. In the past, they have also supported user-created tournaments but again, has not posted in the Announcements section because they are not STS official tournaments, contests, etc.

And that's why it was in the contests section, the correct section.

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 04:13 PM
I posted what I knew from the start. I didn't KNOW it was going to be a unique vanity. I asked for a banner, they said no. I asked for a custom vanity, they said they didn't have time. But, STS did say they would contribute something, so I went with the information I had at the time - that STS would have something for those that completed the challenge.

I was pleasantly surprised in the middle of week 2 that STS would have a custom vanity, and when I received the screen shots, I posted them.

Unfortunately my joy at hearing that STS would do something really neat and unique has turned into disgust because of all the rage. Frankly, I doubt I will bother to host or manage future events of this type, because, pardon my French here, this **** doesn't pay, and all I get is angry PMs and threads like this, which hardly inspires me to do more.
Kali you have all the runners support behind you, ignore the butthurt people trying to flame your contest. This is without a doubt the best contest hosted in AL, And Im not gona lie its more enjoyable than winter event. You should be filled with pride knowing you made over 600 people run, have over 200 active runners, hosted the biggest contest in Arlor. You've made alot of people happy, you've gotten guilds together, made people earn APs. You improved guild chemistry (guildies ran with guildies they dont even know and made friends with them) which makes the guild strong itself as a PvE guild. You united people in guilds to actually run with eachother and everything I metioned is an achievement in my eyes and you should be proud of yourself! You'll always have a few angry ones who rage when it doesnt go their way, but thats just life. :)

Diggdugg
02-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Dudes, chill out on the hate spamming... Look this contest is an opportunity for guilds to come together and support the me,hers by running elite maps together to earn points ( which btw is fun). The people who are running this are busting there butts to pull this off, sts just so happen to have added a vanity prize (that I will not get because I missed week 1 which was my fault). Enjoy the runs get the aps and teach the people how to run elites that's the theme of the contest.

Enjoy and see you in the elite maps :-))

Nature
02-20-2015, 04:15 PM
I believe the reason why this is not in the Announcements section is because this is a user-created contest and for the most part, majority of the prizes are coming out of the users pockets. STS decided to support this user-created contest. There are never any announcements on user-created contests. In the past, they have also supported user-created tournaments but again, has not posted in the Announcements section because they are not STS official tournaments, contests, etc.

And that's why it was in the contests section, the correct section.

I wanted to say this but couldn't put it any better!

GuardianTwo
02-20-2015, 04:16 PM
Kali you have all the runners support behind you, ignore the butthurt people trying to flame your contest. This is without a doubt the best contest hosted in AL, And Im not gona lie its more enjoyable than winter event. You should be filled with pride knowing you made over 600 people run, have over 200 active runners, hosted the biggest contest in Arlor. You've made alot of people happy, you've gotten guilds together, made people earn APs. You improved guild chemistry (guildies ran with guildies they dont even know and made friends with them) which makes the guild strong itself as a PvE guild.

Completely agree with this plz dont leave us like that :3 we need guys like you.... who keep elites alive

Ladysophie
02-20-2015, 04:16 PM
Then maybe partecipants both sts&private should consider for future events that their rewards are clear before the events starts.
From what i understood after reading the contest introduction gold&eggs(?) were the rewards. This type of reward was not appealing to me so i chose not to partecipate and never checked backed. Maybe it was my fault for not checking but i also do not think changing rewards midway or deciding them when it is impossible to get the rewards is how to organize a event. This is just my opinion though.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 04:18 PM
Then maybe partecipants both sts&private should consider for future events that their rewards are clear before the events start.
From what i understood after reading the contest introduction gold&eggs(?) were the only rewards. This type of reward was not appealing to me so i chose not to partecipate and never checked backed. Maybe it was my fault for not checking but i also do not think changing rewards midway or deciding them when it is impossible to get the rewards is how to organize a event. This is just my opinion though.

Sorry but nothing was changed, from the beginning of the contest there was stated that there was a secret sts prize involved:)

Enterradora
Lol enterradora. clearly you seem to be raging. Take a chill pill please. You sound like those people that say "I don't give an eff about anything, I have money I gotta get what I want or else" or else what? Cause you spend real money to buy platinum? You gonna stop buying platinum? So what? You're not the only one buying platinum. If I recall correctly there's a thread somewhere made by you saying you were 100% done with the game and quitting giving stuff away lol. Now I'm curious why you are still here. What waiting for this exclusive contest vanity which isn't made by sts but backed up by them and now you can't have it your way? What reason do you have, not able to run this contest? You got plenty of time doing 30 tombs 3 a day. You have forum account to have come across this in contest section. Unless you're just not interested from the start as it was free and the prize not worthy enough and not worth your time but now you seem Soooo interested because of the additional prize? Which was clearly stated STS MYSTERY PRIZE If completed from start to finish. If you HAD the will power to show some interest in the contest itself not base on WHAT THE PRIZE was and just participate from beginner, all would have been fine. This is a FREE CONTEST. there's a quote I usual say "beggars can't be choosers" and this is basically the case which you are in. So just deal with it and just chill out.

PS. how much platinum did you actually bought that would make a contribution to this game or even scratch the suffice of sts income? I'll bet you 5mil gold here and now as everyone can witness and I will fairly give you 5m gold with no hesitation if I lose to your platinum count purchase history. Just a rough count. Mine is 500k+

imo is like do an official event saying there would be a 'secret prize', at half way they show the coolest are the regard.

Now if u want go for it, atleast in that case u have a chance to get (whit no sleep/no life).

But there now is no chance to get.

And yes, i think about quit this game a lot of times for reasons like this whit a misscomunicacion of STS or waiting for a party whit my warr when i was in ur guild ;).

Titanfall
Then maybe partecipants both sts&private should consider for future events that their rewards are clear before the events starts.
From what i understood after reading the contest introduction gold&eggs(?) were the rewards. This type of reward was not appealing to me so i chose not to partecipate and never checked backed. Maybe it was my fault for not checking but i also do not think changing rewards midway or deciding them when it is impossible to get the rewards is how to organize a event. This is just my opinion though.
Rewards were never changed it was said from the start there'll be a secret reward. Read everything next time. :)

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 04:19 PM

And you are willing to bite their fingers of to have it for yourself.

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 04:22 PM

The contest was private and with the rewards mentioned majority of us did not want to take a part in this. I have been playing this game from the 21 lvl cap, not once I have taken a part in a player sponsored event. However, when sts chips in with unique items, in a game for which im constantly paying, and through their untimely announcement limits me and others from gaining it, then we have an issue. Has this been announced beforehand everyone would be happy.

twoxc
02-20-2015, 04:26 PM

A contest especially a free one shouldn't be base on REWARDS. Appealing or not you should at least give it a try, why cause it's FREE. Your lost if you choose not to participate. Don't blame the contest creator and donor. Sts is a donor and contributor just like me. What if the prize were 400m or 800mil and each participant will earn 4-8m each for just posting 1 screen shot? You blaming us for not being clear. WHO IS PERFECT?

Ladysophie
02-20-2015, 04:28 PM

I welcome you to overlook the uncostructive comments and carry on with your events. Even though i didn't partecipate, i appreciate your effort and the time you invest into them. Next time i am also certain you will make sure the rewards are clear before your event starts.

ueveotadeo
02-20-2015, 04:35 PM
Btw enterradora, just pathetic what you doing, screaming on guild chat for people to come here and complaint for you.

That alone says a lot about your character.

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 04:35 PM
I welcome you to overlook the uncostructive comments and carry on with your events. Even though i didn't partecipate, i appreciate your effort and the time you invest into them. Next time i am also certain you will make sure the rewards are clear before your event starts.
Its not kalis fault stop acting like kali didnt state the rewards clearly.

Enterradora
02-20-2015, 04:38 PM
Btw enterradora, just pathetic what you doing, screaming on guild chat for people to come here and complaint for you.

That alone says a lot about your character.

When i get no respect and being meme'd from the first post in this thread what u expect? The only u do is insult

Kamehaa2
02-20-2015, 04:39 PM
So you would prefer a vanity to an egg?

obee
02-20-2015, 04:39 PM
When i get no respect and being meme'd from the first post in this thread what u expect? The only u do is insult
You have to earn respect.

notfaded1
02-20-2015, 04:40 PM
Can someone say cry baby now this is ridiculous! Also please do not threaten my friends in PM! I take this seriously it's one thing to cry about missing out on a prize another all together to attack one of my friends personally. Romper room is one thing but Geesh cry me a river lol!

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 04:40 PM

Your first post in this thread, you had already posted several on the official planning thread.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 04:41 PM
Can someone say cry baby now this is ridiculous! Also please do not threaten my friends in PM! I take this seriously it's one thing to cry about missing out on a prize another all together to attack one of my friends personally. Romper room is one thing but Geesh cry me a river lol!

Cry me a river is my pvp phrase:(

Haligali
Is this vanity give +20 damage or why the complains?

octavos
wow, 11 pages and still no devs response...interesting..at least lock this LMFAO.

Appeltjes
So you would prefer a vanity to an egg?

No he wants the vanity that bad that he thinks it should be rewarded in smthn he farms die hard.

Kamehaa2
02-20-2015, 04:42 PM
Rage😈

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 04:42 PM
A contest especially a free one shouldn't be base on REWARDS. Appealing or not you should at least give it a try, why cause it's FREE. Your lost if you choose not to participate. Don't blame the contest creator and donor. Sts is a donor and contributor just like me. What if the prize were 400m or 800mil and each participant will earn 4-8m each for just posting 1 screen shot? You blaming us for not being clear. WHO IS PERFECT?

You have made an excellent point there, with one exception though, donating to the private cause limited items for a few to obtain is wrong. Mostly to the bad timing of things. We see this as an unofficial event with prices comparable to the ursoth event (exclusive vanities). In a public game rewarding a few for some tiny effort everyone was willong to make having known what to expect is wrong.

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 04:43 PM
Respect is earned. All you did here is start flaming and raging because your jealous. You dont respect us you expect us to respect you? Atm, you dont deserve our respect.

Haligali
02-20-2015, 04:43 PM
No he wants the vanity that bad that he thinks it should be rewarded in smthn he farms die hard.

He wants the vanity until he see this wearing everyone in towns.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 04:44 PM
You have made an excellent point there, with one exception though, donating to the private cause limited items for a few to obtain is wrong. Mostly to the bad timing of things. We see this as an unofficial event with prices comparable to the ursoth event (exclusive vanities). In a public game rewarding a few for some tiny effort everyone was willong to make having known what to expect is wrong.

Then you should've put in the effort and have joined the contest untill you would hear what the secret prize is.

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 04:44 PM
Is this vanity give +20 damage or why the complains?

Because exclusive items are rewarded half way through the contest without you being able to participate.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Because exclusive items are rewarded half way through the contest without you being able to participate.

It was already clearly stated that there was a secret prize, you could've figured that it was an exclusive items:).

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 04:46 PM
Then you should've put in the effort and have joined the contest untill you would hear what the secret prize is.

I said this before and ley me say this again. Shell i take a part in every single privately sponsored contest hoping sts will jupm in with additional exclusive items or just stick to the official events? This is 3 weeks long, unofficial event.

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 04:47 PM
It was already clearly stated that there was a secret prize, you could've figured that it was an exclusive items:).

Yeah.. Or Colton egg

Appeltjes
I said this before and ley me say this again. Shell i take a part in every single privately sponsored contest hoping sts will jupm in with additional exclusive items or just stick to the official events? This is 3 weeks long, unofficial event.

Do all those other events have a big line saying "SECRET STS PRIZE"?

Appeltjes
Yeah.. Or Colton egg

K, gl if you think like that rofl.

Haligali
02-20-2015, 04:48 PM

There are tons of 'exclusive' vanity, why you bother that there is a new one again? Idk how a vanity or a banner can be unfair.

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 04:48 PM
Why'd you not participate from the start then????? Its your fault no one elses. Us 300 runners didnt know but we still ran! It mainly seems to be you and enterr complaining although several people have already disproved your points.

#CryMeARiver

Visiting
02-20-2015, 04:49 PM
12 pages of useless banter, either you're getting the vanity or you aren't getting it, end of discussion.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 04:50 PM
Why'd you not participate from the start then????? Its your fault no one elses. Us 300 runners didnt know but we still ran! It mainly seems to be you and enterr complaining although several people have already disproved your points.

#CryMeARiver

Yes and it's also plain simple for me to figure that the secret prize would be something good with a prize pot of 35m and 12 grimm eggs (smthn like that).

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 04:50 PM
12 pages of useless banter, either you're getting the vanity or you aren't getting it, end of discussion.

Nthn interesting happening in game, have to do something right?;)

obee
02-20-2015, 04:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8

Titanfall
02-20-2015, 04:54 PM
Yes and it's also plain simple for me to figure that the secret prize would be something good with a prize pot of 35m and 12 grimm eggs (smthn like that).
No worries anyway, its only a couple of people complaining because they dont know what secret STS prize means. Nothing will be chaned

grzena1982
02-20-2015, 04:57 PM
There are tons of 'exclusive' vanity, why you bother that there is a new one again? Idk how a vanity or a banner can be unfair.

See, thats the whole point why I bother is that one day, you, me, Appeljes and others may get in exactly the same situation. Exclusive items should be properly announced in advance for everyone to be able to obtain them.

I dont have any other agenda. I stated in my first sentence when I exchanged words with enter, that I find them not the best looking. Yet, some people may be running maps for the whole point of getting just this dreamt vanity. It has absolutely nothing to do with this contest, which in itself became victim of my cries and moans. I apologised creators, but my heart tells me if we press this, perhaps we dont get to change a thing in respect to current vanities. However, we may make a first step towards more timely and precice communication.

Appeltjes
02-20-2015, 04:58 PM
See, thats the whole point. I bother cos one day, you, me, Appeljes and others may get in exactly the same situation. Exclusive items should be properly announced in advance for everyone to be able to obtain them.

I dont have any other agenda. I stated in my first sentence when I exchanged words with enter, that they ugly. Yet, some people may be running maps for the whole point of getting just this dreamt vanity. It has absolutely nothing to do with this contest, which in itself became victim of my cries and moans. I apologised creators, but my heart tells me if we press this, perhaps we dont get to change a thing on respect to current vanities. However, we may make a first step towards better more timely and precice communication.

Already been there, last time forbearers were released I didn't have a screenrecorder and I didn't make a complaining thread.

Ty.

GuardianTwo
02-20-2015, 05:00 PM
Ok even now havent read the contest thread after so much havoc .... its was 4 week event ... not 3 week -_-
Why we expecting that "Secret prize from sts will be given..." is even read anytime before this meh
PS:although its only 3-4 days now , but still its gonna be 4 week long totally.

Twix
02-20-2015, 05:01 PM
This is why we cant have nice things. People will always conplain, and also complain if something bad is released. They cant get enough satisfaction.

Remiem
02-20-2015, 05:04 PM
I believe the point has been made in this thread. I'm going to close it down.

This is not the first time that STS has encouraged player run contests by contributing a special prize. For all of those close to Kalizzaa, and even those who aren't, you know this is a MAJOR undertaking and a huge gift to the community that we wanted to support. We did everything we could to be transparent from the beginning by saying that there would be a prize, and also making sure that it was possible for anyone to get it if they chose to run.

Thanks for your understanding and best of luck to all of those in the running.

Remiem