PDA

View Full Version : Religious Guilds.

Imsofancy
02-20-2015, 06:23 PM
So I'm not really sure how exactly to write this, as I do not want to insult anyone. But here it goes, please forgive me if you get offended.

I have noticed that there are several religious guild's in AL, that advertise to convert people, say prayers, so on and so forth. Now normally I would be completely fine with them doing this, this does not bother me at all. But I believe that it crosses a line when they began to tell me and other people saying that we will go to hell if we don't convert, or do not fully accept Jesus, or that my own religion is wrong and stuff. Just wondering if these guilds are allowed to exist.

Thanks

Fancy all the way.

Twix
02-20-2015, 06:31 PM
They're not allowed to exist due to this very reason

mlb2005
02-20-2015, 06:43 PM
You have your faith and an ignore feature. I wouldn't worry much about it.

obee
02-20-2015, 07:48 PM
Just ignore it.

luketgage
02-23-2015, 01:04 AM
Thank you:) you ruined jesus saves....

ENIGMATIC RULLEESSS

ClumsyCactus
02-23-2015, 03:13 AM
As a Christian myself, I'd say that was a REEEALLY smart Way to make people become christians... (NOT)
Some people just need to respect others and think before acting.

Hail
02-23-2015, 03:19 AM
There is a line. Do not cross that line.

Sounds like them people trampolined far far far beyond that line.

epicrrr
02-23-2015, 06:18 AM
I believe this is not a forum worthy circumstance that you felt that everyone should know and should not have been posted, while i respect all kinds of religion, beliefs and anything in this sense. Talking about religion will irk a lot of people and this will be a flame bait thread.

lock thread pls.

Candylicks
02-23-2015, 08:08 AM
I have seen one guild with Jesus in its name, but have never been approached by them on converting or sharing their values. I think I have or had some people on my FL from it with no issue. I will say though, that I knew one person in my guild a long time ago that had a very contentious pet name that referenced the Israeli - Palestine conflict.

I don't believe there is anything against the ToS about creating a guild that is religiously based as long as they follow the in-game rules.

Deadroth
02-23-2015, 08:42 AM
I'm Christian myself, I believe in Jesus, although, I don't think threats will encouarge people to change their 'faith'... It is very bad. We have our own will, and we are making decisions bout our lifes..
Also, I don't see any point to put religion into game. Let it exist without divisions... If someone would like to spend time with Jesus, I suggest going to church, same as I do.

That is my opinion on it.

ClumsyCactus
02-23-2015, 08:54 AM
I'm Christian myself, I believe in Jesus, although, I don't think threats will encouarge people to change their 'faith'... It is very bad. We have our own will, and we are making decisions bout our lifes..
Also, I don't see any point to put religion into game. Let it exist without divisions... If someone would like to spend time with Jesus, I suggest going to church, same as I do.

That is my opinion on it.
Or even easier, spend time with Jesus at home by Reading the bible, as long as people dont take conflicts to a game thats supposed to be for fun ^^

Soundlesskill
02-23-2015, 09:26 AM
I respect you simply because you wrote this thread with thought :). Though I agree with some of the OP posts that this is not a post to be. Simply ignore the person next time!

gumball3000
02-23-2015, 09:38 AM
There is no god.

Sverdysiuss
02-23-2015, 09:46 AM
thank god that I am atheist...:lemo::adoration:

Soundlesskill
02-23-2015, 09:49 AM

Me too!

ClumsyCactus
02-23-2015, 09:54 AM

This message. It is just...
I don't even know what to say anymore.

Soundlesskill
02-23-2015, 11:37 AM
This message. It is just...
I don't even know what to say anymore.

I'm sorry, I don't see what's wrong with it?

Dragoonclaws
02-23-2015, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry, I don't see what's wrong with it?

The thread is not about not beleiving in other's religions, not about beleiving in the right God or about how good being atheist is. It's about keeping religions out of the game. Real life and Games are 2 different things: keep them seperate.

As Candylick said, there is no line on ToS to keep religion out of guilds. Anyways it's your choice to stay in that guild or not.

This is a delicate topic. We all have different beleifs, and those aren't meant to be guilded. I am muslim, you're atheist, he is christian and the other guy is budhist or jewish (didn't mean to not name all religions and the order isn't meant neither): that thing doesn't affect guild leaderboard, you will not get more arcane items for beleiving in any of those religions. The only use of religion would be to have good manners and to respect eachother since all religions promote that, but that's more like an international common sense nowadays. If you don't want to follow those beleifs, I don't know what you're still doing in that guild if you didn't left.

this is kinda ironic tho.. a person that doesn't belive in god.. thanks him xD.

Andrisber
02-23-2015, 11:58 AM
Im a christian... And i think its wrong that some of christians do that, like in cults. Believe in God if you want, its your own choice.

-Productive

Imsofancy
02-23-2015, 12:00 PM
again lol, I did NOT make this thread too flame/cause drama, I made it to have a discussion if religious guilds were allowed in a game where majority of base players are 13 or younger, with minds that can be twisted.

Soundlesskill
02-23-2015, 12:04 PM
this is kinda ironic tho.. a person that doesn't belive in god.. thanks him xD.

What's ironic is that you actually posted this lol.

Dragoonclaws
02-23-2015, 12:37 PM
again lol, I did NOT make this thread too flame/cause drama, I made it to have a discussion if religious guilds were allowed in a game where majority of base players are 13 or younger, with minds that can be twisted.

people don't read previous comments.

Imsofancy
02-23-2015, 03:38 PM
I started playing RPGs in 1981 and for those members too young to remember these times:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_%26_Dragons_controversies

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_ritual_abuse

would you rather? xD

Sverdysiuss
02-23-2015, 04:15 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_ritual_abuse

would you rather? xD

Or this?:lemo::star:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

obee
02-23-2015, 04:16 PM
Why are we stating our religious preferences? This wasn't the point of the thread. My answer did not state mine, as that is no ones business, and I don't see why it should matter in an MMO. Save that info for PM's or for yourself.

Imsofancy
02-23-2015, 04:24 PM
So ... you claim that all RPG players (including yourself) are satanists and rapists?

Im saying that bragging about your religious beliefs in a game is silly, as it does not affect game play one bit.

obee
02-23-2015, 04:26 PM
As far as I can see, no "religious preferences" have been stated, only facts.
Did you even read the thread?

Yumisa
02-23-2015, 04:35 PM
Im pretty sure they should be reportable to tell you '' you will go to hell if you do not believe in jesus''. If not, it should.

Imsofancy
02-23-2015, 05:19 PM
Then why bring up so called "satanic abuse"? Realise that if people like Patricia Pulling had been permitted to prevail in the 1980s we would not be having this conversation, because there would be no Arcane Legends, or anything like it.

I was not the one who brought that subject up, and my response was to the poster of that comment. Its obvious that you are getting agitated over this "satanist" discussion, and as I stated at the beginning of this thread, insulting or making people angry is not the goal, and I apologize if I have done such. So I'm going to ask that we cut the "witchcraft/satin/dark magic" discussion.

obee
02-23-2015, 05:40 PM
This thread has gone awry. Brace for a thread lock lol

Visiting
02-23-2015, 05:58 PM
People generally start/maintain their guilds with likeminded people, that's just how it is. In this case, their religion is what they have in common and, I see nothing wrong with that. It does cross a line when said people decide that their beliefs need to be YOUR beliefs though :/. (Inb4 I start <Anime Is Bes> and spam people to watch Corpse Party :D)

Imsofancy
02-23-2015, 06:50 PM
Then why did you quote my post? Am I really wasting my time trying to enlighten you about the background to all this? If so, please say and I will abandon the attempt.

Ok. I have attempted to be nice, but it is clear that you are just trying to start an argument. I'm going to have to ask you stop commenting on this post.

obee
02-23-2015, 06:53 PM
Then why did you quote my post? Am I really wasting my time trying to enlighten you about the background to all this? If so, please say and I will abandon the attempt.
He quoted the post to respond...lol. And by the way, go look at the first page, I see many people stating their religious preference.

Remarked
02-23-2015, 07:35 PM
(thank god) i am atheist..
makes perfect sense

Overweightank
02-23-2015, 11:59 PM
I am Agnostic. I never cared for getting into religion, and I never say anything about anyone elses. We can all believe what we want. let everyone have peace. But when religions get too crazy and caused problems. that when you gotta shut down the source.

*sorry if this offends anyone, i am not trying to*

Trenton
02-24-2015, 12:13 AM
Many people have done this in PL (ya I know, not the same but still) and they loved to target me bcus I was very open in PL of what I am.. anyways, I haven't been exposed to the AL Jesus/God guild people but I'm sure they're about the same as in PL, and they usually cram stuff down people's neck so they should probably at least be reported by whomever has had a problem with them.