PDA

View Full Version : Need a end game pve only build

Magegrimm
02-21-2015, 01:56 PM
So as title says I need a pve only build, I have tried a hybrid build but it didn't work out for me.
I've seen some threads and they're from 2014. I need a build which explains which bugs are there and which skills/upgrades should I unlock for an elite runner.
Thank you! :)

Enviado do meu SM-G350 através de Tapatalk

Hiases
02-21-2015, 02:34 PM
This is my build in tomb/elites and it works pretty well :
Passives: dex/int/str/crit/def all 5/5
Actives : aimed 5/5 ; nox 4/5 (no 15% more dmg) ; trap 4/5 (no explode) ; pierce 2/5 (health regen upgrade).

Magegrimm
02-21-2015, 03:02 PM
This is my build in tomb/elites and it works pretty well :
Passives: dex/int/str/crit/def all 5/5
Actives : aimed 5/5 ; nox 4/5 (no 15% more dmg) ; trap 4/5 (no explode) ; pierce 2/5 (health regen upgrade).
Thank you! There's also a question id like to add: When I played a mage I had 5 skills which I swapped one for another at boss. Does this apply to rogues?

Soundlesskill
02-21-2015, 03:07 PM
Thank you! There's also a question id like to add: When I played a mage I had 5 skills which I swapped one for another at boss. Does this apply to rogues?

Don't necessarily need skillswap, but swap get either razor and one of the two: trap or veil. Don't get all 3.

Magegrimm
02-21-2015, 03:18 PM
Sorry to be so demanding but can you explain which one of veil and trap is best for what situation? I just know trap is for mobs

Soundlesskill
02-21-2015, 06:52 PM
Sorry to be so demanding but can you explain which one of veil and trap is best for what situation? I just know trap is for mobs

You can use veil for both things, it's good for mobs and good for boss. Never use trap on boss ;)! Traps are best if you're running a full rouge party or have a mage in your team. The pull will help the mage place the clock. The crow control on the pull will contribute to staying alive longer vs mobs in a rouge vs mob situation. Use veil if the other rouge in your PT is using trap.

I would recommend these specs:
5/5 Aimed
3/5 Nox (Duration and the 3rd upgrade) the range is useless and the last upgrade is glitched.
1/5 Piercer or 2/5 if you, like me, like the health upgrade.
5/5 Razor
4/5 Trap or 4/5 Veil, both without the explosion upgrade. Also if you run more arena than T3 get veil. If you run both get veil because it's just a good party buff and if you have a tank it's better to get veil since you have the sustain and don't necessarily rely on the pull to stay alive. If you run more without a tank, I suggest getting trap. I've found myself just running with razor instead of veil or trap, but still having trapped specced since passive DMG is glitched. It's efficent and helps you avoid tons of damage, while dealing a good amount of damage.
5/5 Passive: INT, DEX, STR, CRIT. If any remaining points, put them in armor.
Also I'd like to add, a lot of rouges don't use the piercer skill because they're afraid to get close to the mobs/boss. Don't worry about it, if you pierce wisely, you won't die and it's a lot of damage to miss out on if you don't. Do not charge on the bosses in Planar Tombs. Additionally, don't charge your skills for maximum DPS.

Regards
Noisykillar

Magegrimm
02-21-2015, 07:11 PM
You can use veil for both things, it's good for mobs and good for boss. Never use trap on boss ;)! Traps are best if you're running a full rouge party or have a mage in your team. The pull will help the mage place the clock. The crow control on the pull will contribute to staying alive longer vs mobs in a rouge vs mob situation. Use veil if the other rouge in your PT is using trap.

I would recommend these specs:
5/5 Aimed
3/5 Nox (Duration and the 3rd upgrade) the range is useless and the last upgrade is glitched.
1/5 Piercer or 2/5 if you, like me, like the health upgrade.
5/5 Razor
4/5 Trap or 4/5 Veil, both without the explosion upgrade. Also if you run more arena than T3 get veil. If you run both get veil because it's just a good party buff and if you have a tank it's better to get veil since you have the sustain and don't necessarily rely on the pull to stay alive. If you run more without a tank, I suggest getting trap. I've found myself just running with razor instead of veil or trap, but still having trapped specced since passive DMG is glitched. It's efficent and helps you avoid tons of damage, while dealing a good amount of damage.
5/5 Passive: INT, DEX, STR, CRIT. If any remaining points, put them in armor.
Also I'd like to add, a lot of rouges don't use the piercer skill because they're afraid to get close to the mobs/boss. Don't worry about it, if you pierce wisely, you won't die and it's a lot of damage to miss out on if you don't. Do not charge on the bosses in Planar Tombs. Additionally, don't charge your skills for maximum DPS.

Regards
Noisykillar
I really appreciate it, thank you so much!

carmine_blade
02-21-2015, 11:29 PM
Hi there :) I have dex/str/int/crit/defence maxed out, and use:

Aimed Shot 5/5
Shadow Piercer 2/5 with the upgrade that adds health
Shadow Veil 4/5 all upgrades except the explode when it runs out thingy- this skill is amazing due to the 15% damage and 20% armour for your whole party
Razor Dodge 4/5 using the 20% dodge upgrade, chance to cause target to bleed, and the remove movement-impairing effect upgrades- DON'T upgrade to prolong the effects by 3s as this is glitched and causes the remove movement impairing effects upgrade not to work :(

Don't bother with the speed or damage passives because they don't stack with pet bonuses, and your pet bonus will almost definitely override them. Hope this helps!

morgy84
02-22-2015, 04:32 AM
My Pve Build:
>Aimed (5/5)
>Nox (4/5) Last upgrade not used
>Razor (4/5) No duration upgrade
> Veil (4/5) No explode upgrade
> Pircer (3/5) Heal and 3 enemy upgrades
Dex /Str/Int/Crit maxed rest points in armor

In wt kt etc i use razor and mostly elite (arena/tombs) i swap it to veil

raw
02-23-2015, 09:56 AM
These are all great suggestions. It's really nice to see that everyone uses a slightly different build.

My PvE build is the following:

5/5 aimed
4/5 nox (everything but the last upgrade)
1/5 pierce
5/5 traps
5/5 veil
5/5 crit, dex, str, int

The reason I have both traps and veil is because in lower elite maps and in tombs traps are very useful. As NoisyKillar mentioned, traps are amazing however if no rogue is using Veil, it's better to use Veil because it boosts damage by 20 and armor by 20% (might be off of on those stats, dont quote me), as well as reducing your enemy's damage and hit chance.

I personally rarely use veil and opt for traps 95% of the time. The pull is very OP.

Hope that helps

Soundlesskill
02-23-2015, 11:39 AM
The reason I run with razor instead of veil/trap is because I play egoistically :P. I plow through people in arena while having the Proximity Curse on me!

Magegrimm
02-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Lmao

Tatman
02-23-2015, 01:29 PM
My build is as is follows:

5/5 Aimed
4/5 Nox (no last update)
2/5 Pierce (I like the health upgrade too)
4/5 Veil (no explode)
5/5 Dex, Str, Int, Crit, Armor

I tried traps, but can't seem to be able to master them. Plus, I run Arena a lot and veil is definitely more useful there than traps. I don't like razor, I'd rather have some more armor for the time being.

As for the 3 targets upgrade on pierce, just consider this: You are trying to avoid a boss red zone and there is one mob around. That upgrade will hit boss, hit mob, and then bring you back to boss for a certain death. :)

Magegrimm
02-23-2015, 01:31 PM
My build is as is follows:

5/5 Aimed
4/5 Nox (no last update)
2/5 Pierce (I like the health upgrade too)
4/5 Veil (no explode)
5/5 Dex, Str, Int, Crit, Armor

I tried traps, but can't seem to be able to master them. Plus, I run Arena a lot and veil is definitely more useful there than traps. I don't like razor, I'd rather have some more armor for the time being.

As for the 3 targets upgrade on pierce, just consider this: You are trying to avoid a boss red zone and there is one mob around. That upgrade will hit boss, hit mob, and then bring you back to boss for a certain death. :)
Yes I just unlocked that health upgrade in SP.
As for traps, they're very useful at Tombs and it seems I can get along with this skill. The problem is I like both veil and traps tho I use traps for now

Soundlesskill
02-23-2015, 03:14 PM
Yes I just unlocked that health upgrade in SP.
As for traps, they're very useful at Tombs and it seems I can get along with this skill. The problem is I like both veil and traps tho I use traps for now

That's where the amazing invention og Respec Scrolls come in! If you can sacrifce the 10k a spec (50k or so a scroll)

Magegrimm
02-23-2015, 03:16 PM
That's where the amazing invention og Respec Scrolls come in! If you can sacrifce the 10k a spec (50k or so a scroll)
Well I have 4 respec scrolls

Magegrimm
02-23-2015, 03:24 PM
So let's say that I definitely don't like Razor...can I use Veil to boost, let's say a party of warriors or a party in which rogues don't have veil and traps for tombs and where mobs are in large quantity? I'm sorry it's just I do not know anything about rogues :/

Tatman
02-23-2015, 05:22 PM
So let's say that I definitely don't like Razor...can I use Veil to boost, let's say a party of warriors or a party in which rogues don't have veil and traps for tombs and where mobs are in large quantity? I'm sorry it's just I do not know anything about rogues :/
Yep, that's what veil is about. :) It boosts players inside it and debuffs mobs inside it. In parties with tank I throw it so that both tank and mobs he's aggroed are inside it. After that I may or may not stay inside the veil, depending on a number of things. Against bosses I'd do different things - sometimes cast veil on tank+boss, sometimes on myself and the other rogues and mages in party, sometimes (in Tomb 3) I'll go up and cast it on the mage and the vines he's fighting.

When no tank in party it's nice to group mobs together first. No point in casting veil on empty ground with mobs scattered around and players running in circles. :)

Magegrimm
02-23-2015, 05:30 PM
Yep, that's what veil is about. :) It boosts players inside it and debuffs mobs inside it. In parties with tank I throw it so that both tank and mobs he's aggroed are inside it. After that I may or may not stay inside the veil, depending on a number of things. Against bosses I'd do different things - sometimes cast veil on tank+boss, sometimes on myself and the other rogues and mages in party, sometimes (in Tomb 3) I'll go up and cast it on the mage and the vines he's fighting.

When no tank in party it's nice to group mobs together first. No point in casting veil on empty ground with mobs scattered around and players running in circles. :)
Oh yes, I get it thank you! [emoji106]

Soundlesskill
02-24-2015, 01:41 AM

What do you mean? @.@ I guess it's easier to say: The more people inside the veil the better, so they to catched everyone!

Magegrimm
02-24-2015, 02:15 AM
What do you mean? @.@ I guess it's easier to say: The more people inside the veil the better, so they to catched everyone!
Tatman already explained everything. Thank you all!

Guyku
05-27-2015, 01:03 AM
A few great ideas in this thread thanks

acewasabi
05-28-2015, 05:15 PM
the 15% dmg upgrade on nox has been fixed, as has the spinning freedom upgrade on razor (it now works when you have the extended duration upgrade). these fixes happened quite recently.

Mariukas Pizdukas
07-22-2015, 02:21 PM
so i ran alot wilds lately, and i mean alot. not frickin single rogue used veils, well, maybe few times out of 500 runs. whats sup with dat?

Avensky
07-23-2015, 06:04 AM
Hi Magegrimm. There are many guides on the forums that can help you out. Feel free to check them out!

Wazakesy
07-25-2015, 01:51 PM
Hi, the reason why people stopped using veil is primarily because of an increased awareness of the buff/debuff mechanisms of AL.

You might be aware that in AL the dmg/armor buff/debuffs are calculated as "highest buff wins"- the buff with the highest contribution to your stats is the buff that's affecting you at the time. For example, if you have maxed damage passive (5% dmg buff) and Nekro (15% dmg buff) at the same time, your final dmg buff will be 15%, not 20% or any other number.

However, if there is a DEbuff affecting you, all buffs are made useless due to the existing buff/debuff mechanisms. So for instance, if you have maxed armor passive (5% armor buff) but also have the Scorn AA affecting you (20% armor DEbuff), you end up with only the 20% armor debuff because the DEbuff cancels any buff you might have on armor.

Now you may see why the usefulness of Shadow Veil is decreased. Two of the upgrades grant 15%dmg buff and 10% armor buff. Nowadays in the harder elites several different mobs apply all manner of debuffs that cancel any advantage that veil can provide. Also, more people are using pets that grant at least 10% dmg buff (Nightshade gives a whopping 17% extra dmg!), so the dmg buff that veil provides doesn't help much at all, unless you're running with a party with limited resources.

Hope this helps if you're still reading this thread.

I think veil gives a 20% Armor Buff if i am right?

Alhuntrazeck
07-26-2015, 03:14 AM
Hi, the reason why people stopped using veil is primarily because of an increased awareness of the buff/debuff mechanisms of AL.

You might be aware that in AL the dmg/armor buff/debuffs are calculated as "highest buff wins"- the buff with the highest contribution to your stats is the buff that's affecting you at the time. For example, if you have maxed damage passive (5% dmg buff) and Nekro (15% dmg buff) at the same time, your final dmg buff will be 15%, not 20% or any other number.

However, if there is a DEbuff affecting you, all buffs are made useless due to the existing buff/debuff mechanisms. So for instance, if you have maxed armor passive (5% armor buff) but also have the Scorn AA affecting you (20% armor DEbuff), you end up with only the 20% armor debuff because the DEbuff cancels any buff you might have on armor.

Now you may see why the usefulness of Shadow Veil is decreased. Two of the upgrades grant 15%dmg buff and 10% armor buff. Nowadays in the harder elites several different mobs apply all manner of debuffs that cancel any advantage that veil can provide. Also, more people are using pets that grant at least 10% dmg buff (Nightshade gives a whopping 17% extra dmg!), so the dmg buff that veil provides doesn't help much at all, unless you're running with a party with limited resources.

Hope this helps if you're still reading this thread.

... Then again, if you drop a veil on those buffed Ren'gol mobs, their buff goes away too. XD

Wazakesy
07-26-2015, 07:40 AM
Yes my bad. But still doesn't take anything away from the point I made.

Not trying to be mean or being offensive....heres a quote about the

A debuff overrides a buff, a 5% armor passive with a 20% debuffs makes it a 25% armor debuff - a debuff will debuff anytime, if you were to use gale force with the 50% armor buff after getting hit by an aimed shot or an axe throw the debuff would still be there, it would be about 65/85% depending if it was axe throw or aimed.

Tatman
07-26-2015, 01:29 PM
... Then again, if you drop a veil on those buffed Ren'gol mobs, their buff goes away too. XD
Yeah, I actually like veil in new maps. Of course, this may change when we see the elite version. :)

glendame
07-26-2015, 11:16 PM
is no good? my rogue passive i use quickess,damage and armor. L44 rogue.

glendame
07-26-2015, 11:19 PM
is nox damage upgrade fix? pls send link here sts said it was fixed?

Xorrior
07-28-2015, 08:49 PM
I'm the master of traps!

I just love them. Bleeding mobs, scooping them, exploding causing damage. They also act as barrier once activated which gives me time to smash the mobs down with a hail of arrows, while they try to circumnavigate trying to get at me.

The key is not throwing them here, there and everywhere. Sometimes I throw traps in a narrow opening, stand behind and hit razor to aggro mobs towards them.

.......as a warrior I loved traps, especially when the mobs got scooped in a tight bunch. If not I would stand inside them and taunt the mobs into them.

Magegrimm
07-29-2015, 01:47 PM
This thread is from February LOL, anyway I already played my rogue and ended up getting back to my mage so thank you all for your replies even after 5 months! :)