PDA

View Full Version : It's like, about...like, quests n' stuff?

Zerious
03-11-2011, 05:49 PM
I have noticed a larger and larger number of power levelers going along. (Yes I've done it too so I'm gonna be a hypocrite, sue me if you're offended :P) But I think there's a simple change that could help change this (and I know it's been suggested before, most likely INNUMERABLE amounts of times).

The suggestion?

Quests give exp.

The catch?

Only quests from the Toon's appriorate campaign will give exp.

Shall we discuss? :D

skavenger216
03-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Another way to do it would be to give each enemy a level, and if the player is more than x levels under that, no exp. Or make it so if a player is in a game with another player who is more than x amount of levels higher, no exp. Just some ideas.

Keohike
03-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Another way to do it would be to give each enemy a level, and if the player is more than x levels under that, no exp. Or make it so if a player is in a game with another player who is more than x amount of levels higher, no exp. Just some ideas.

This is already implemented.

Zerious
03-11-2011, 10:43 PM

not quite. He means if there's a lvl 50 in Forest Haven, the new players wont get exp for the lvl 50's kills.

Pharcyde
03-11-2011, 10:43 PM

Yes, but it gives you minimal exp, not zero exp. But minimal doesn't matter when you got 1exp x party bonus + high level(s) running through with you killing more enemies then a group in the proper range could.

I suggest that if your too low, you get zero exp. A lot of old or extreme players will complain about this. Too bad so sad, the devs intended you to play it through all the times, not to get boosted cuz you did it once. Welcome to the reason the game bores you now too.

Physiologic
03-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Welcome to the reason the game bores you now too.

I'll have to agree, we usually complain about power-levelers taking control over everything in PL but at the end, they'll most likely disappear on their own simply because they become bored of the game. Til then we just have to wait it out :)

Yvonnel
03-11-2011, 11:13 PM
I have to kind of agree with Physio on this. I don't see alot of the people I watched power level anymore. I know a couple that had multiple characters and they are never on anymore. I used to sell them pinks.

Pharcyde
03-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Yeah, its definitely died down a lot, especially with the massive exp increase to reach end level now.

But any powerleveling is a problem, and what better way to stop it, then actually REALLY stop it?

icantgetkills
03-11-2011, 11:25 PM
i suggested exp from quests so many times! it would encourage people to do them instead of just skipping them and power leveling and would make it so much better i.e im on my new bear:level 13, with all forest haven and dark forest quests done and im not strong enough to do balefort yet

Pharcyde
03-11-2011, 11:31 PM
I really think quests should give exp and a HIGHER gold reward as well. I only have 5 quests I need to finish. Snowballs and 4 lvl 56 elite.