PDA

View Full Version : Wow......is all i can say

Acyer
03-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Well I have spent most the day watching CNN and the disaster that struck Japan. Lets keep the players from there in your thoughts and hopefully they will have a safe return.

giayuan
03-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Yup. Im hoping not too many people got injured or killed. Horrible... :(

Fatpigwarrior
03-11-2011, 07:45 PM
i hope all is well for all the ppl over there

noobmigo
03-11-2011, 07:59 PM
My hometown...got wrecked.
Thank the Lord Jeezus that nobody in my family died.

wvhills
03-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Let's pray it doesn't get worse with the nuclear plants being damaged.

giayuan
03-11-2011, 08:40 PM
I thought the nuke plants had suffered no damage?

Frenzyn
03-11-2011, 08:41 PM
*Prays for physiologic... my azn brohter

Rebel
03-11-2011, 08:43 PM
They suffered slight damage. One plant's coolant began to act up and temperatures are supposedly around a 1.5 times higher than their usual rates. Other than that, some small fires began, but were put out fairly quickly.

wvhills
03-11-2011, 08:43 PM
I thought the nuke plants had suffered no damage?

This morning the evacuated around them for precautionary reasons. Then later they said the temp in the cores where 1.5 times higher than normal. Now they're saying they're evacuating even further away. Hopefully it's still precautionary.

I realize I worded my first post wrong. I should have said "let's pray the nuclear plants aren't damaged that bad, because that would make things worse."

Zerious
03-11-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm praying either way.

giayuan
03-11-2011, 10:11 PM
yeah.. dont need another Ukraine accident

Falking
03-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Lurker here.. I don't usually post but its refreshing to see some compassion from you players. We might know each other from playing this game but its nice to see people caring about each other. May the Lord have mercy on this situation. I didn't hear kindness like this all day in real life and was touched to see it on the forums. Keep it coming !

Pharcyde
03-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Even though I am not religious, I will still keep them in my thoughts and hope everything turns out better then it looks right now.

Acyer
03-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Some buddies that play final fantasy 14 still haven't checked in on skype but some have. Have to keep thinking the best but prepare for the worse.

Genes
03-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Latest news, 10,000 people reported missing.

Rebel
03-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Update on the Nuclear Plants. They've reported that the plant's heating is getting out of control and a meltdown can most likely not be averted. If the meltdown does occur, the fallout will spread across the entire world as the worst case scenario. The jet streams will carry it to Western North America. They say that the fallout won't have any short term affects, but more long term. The good scenario involves only a small radius of radioactive material. I guess we'll see.

Also, volcanoes in Japan, Russia, Indonesia, and other places have erupted and many others have become active.

Ciphor
03-12-2011, 08:28 PM
The rods are melting. Witout rapid cooling in next 48 hours a nuclear chain reaction will transform that area into a crater. Fukushimas reactors are much larger then Chernobyls were.

They are trying to slow the heating down with water. I can't imagine how they will cool the rods at there current temperature and condition.

Rebel
03-12-2011, 08:32 PM
The rods are melting. Witout rapid cooling in next 48 hours a nuclear chain reaction will transform that area into a crater. Fukushimas reactors are much larger then Chernobyls were.

They are trying to slow the heating down with water. I can't imagine how they will cool the rods at there current temperature and condition.

They can't. In my honest opinion, I think it's just to show that they are trying. The website they have running has stopped the updating of the situation. To me, that means they've run out of hope. I don't believe this disaster is going to be averted, and the entire world is going to have a massive problem on their hands.

Pharcyde
03-12-2011, 09:15 PM
And 2012 believers have even more reason to believe the world is coming to an end.

Fyrce
03-12-2011, 09:21 PM
I hope the best for the Japanese survivors. It's not done yet, so I wish them all the best and hope to see more rescue efforts.

rocket
03-12-2011, 09:38 PM

Reactors typically operate with less then critical mass to prevent the possibility of an uncontrolled nuclear chain reaction leading to a nuclear explosion.

I sincerely hope they can control the situation at all the damaged reactors and the situation does not get any worse then it is. My best wishes to all the people in Japan having to deal with not only a terrible nuclear accident but the damage from both a monstrous earthquake and tsunami.