PDA

View Full Version : Tarus The Hammer VS Warrior Taunts

Soundlesskill
02-23-2015, 09:49 AM
Just wondering if warrior taunts are meant to not work for bosses? In T3 I've been focused by the boss countless of times while running with a warrior with 5 taunts. I've asked my friend if he has had any problems taunting the boss in T3, and he said that warriors' taunts need a huge buff. Like major buff because they are taunting no one.

I'm aware that's it is an elite boss, but isn't a warrior with 5 taunts meant to keep at least the basic attacks from bosses away from us? It's not like we aren't avoiding the redzones and the purple.. Push.. Attack.. Thingy..

gumball3000
02-23-2015, 10:19 AM
Try axe throw, it taunts 100% of the time for me but the taunt lasts too little, maybe 1 or 2 seconds before the boss will start chasing a rogue or a mage instead.

Dragoonclaws
02-23-2015, 10:20 AM
Try axe throw, it taunts 100% of the time for me but the taunt lasts too little, maybe 1 or 2 seconds before the boss will start chasing a rogue or a mage instead.

make a full party of warriors.. keep throwing your axe like a boomerang... during the next 15minutes

ueveotadeo
02-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Just wondering if warrior taunts are meant to not work for bosses? In T3 I've been focused by the boss countless of times while running with a warrior with 5 taunts. I've asked my friend if he has had any problems taunting the boss in T3, and he said that warriors' taunts need a huge buff. Like major buff because they are taunting no one.

I'm aware that's it is an elite boss, but isn't a warrior with 5 taunts meant to keep at least the badic attacks from bosses away from us? It's not like we aren't avoiding the redzones and te purple.. Push.. Attack.. Thingy..

The taunt works on that boss. But I think that due to the high dmg output of rogues and the proximity with vines it can be tricky to keep aggro.

Best to do is ask at the beginign for rogues not to go up the room before first "rock" atack. No vines spawn before that , so the rest of the party can help bring boss far away from the top, it maybe will make easier to warr keep aggro.

Soundlesskill
02-23-2015, 11:34 AM
The taunt works on that boss. But I think that due to the high dmg output of rogues and the proximity with vines it can be tricky to keep aggro.

Best to do is ask at the beginign for rogues not to go up the room before first "rock" atack. No vines spawn before that , so the rest of the party can help bring boss far away from the top, it maybe will make easier to warr keep aggro.

I don't see how this will help? The rouges are better off killing the boss without the vines, so why wait for them? I'm confused sorry.

Tatman
02-23-2015, 01:46 PM
I don't see how this will help? The rouges are better off killing the boss without the vines, so why wait for them? I'm confused sorry.
I think what he means is this: At the start of the fight rogues stay below boss and help tank bring him down and away from his spawning platform. If rogues go above boss and boss starts chasing one of them, he will go up and near the platform. And if he goes up and vines start spawning, it's bad for everyone, not just tank. :)

Soundlesskill
02-23-2015, 01:52 PM
I think what he means is this: At the start of the fight rogues stay below boss and help tank bring him down and away from his spawning platform. If rogues go above boss and boss starts chasing one of them, he will go up and near the platform. And if he goes up and vines start spawning, it's bad for everyone, not just tank. :)

Thanks for clarifying!

Well in that case @Skiplegday it's still the lack of taunts that make the boss go to the rouges. It's nevermind the vines or not, the boss will focus the rouges or mages without any warning. I understand that charging abilities is some kind of taunt and that will maybe make up for the mages getting aggro, but as a rouge?

ueveotadeo
02-23-2015, 01:58 PM
As a rogue I think the simply fact that your dmg output is higher than a warr makes the mobs/boss follows you since they target you as the "main threat"

And thanks for clarifying for me Tatman, Im not good at explaining stuff :)

Soundlesskill
02-23-2015, 03:11 PM
As a rogue I think the simply fact that your dmg output is higher than a warr makes the mobs/boss follows you since they target you as the "main threat"

And thanks for clarifying for me Tatman, Im not good at explaining stuff :)

Hmm, but how can you explain to me than the tanks DMG is higher than mine then? I own Singe and a mythic bow, but my arcane ring, SnS, pendant tank still has higher damage if you look at the numbers and not the crits. Besides that, bosses should be tauntable right?

Edit: Mages too

Tatman
02-23-2015, 03:36 PM
Well, there are other things affecting this imo. For example, when boss charges away from tank, it's natural for tank to lose aggro for a moment. Same when boss charges at tank or panics him. Seeing as mage is usually up there occupied with vines, it's the rogues who become boss's targets. I don't know, that's my conclusion after hundreds of Tomb 3 runs. :)

Excuses
02-23-2015, 04:27 PM
There are some situations I see my dps die.

First of all, many warriors, even with 5 taunts, don't time there skills to keep their aggro. They spam skills like rogues. Then on skill Cd, they miss aggro and kill pt.
And some warrior don't have taunt upgrade on their skills sometimes too. Then it doesn't work well especially on hor.

And there are bad situations.
The boss had red zone ready, and when it's about to hit the aggro moves on to a dps because of their attack and dps gets slap and die. This usually happens between skill Cd too.
Or even warrior has the aggro of red zone and he moves to dodge it, the dps who was behind warrior gets it and die.
Or warrior gets pushed or stunned and lose aggro. This is why I like Axe throw on boss, I can still throw axe to get his attention even I got pushed away. Remote aggro control. Xp

Taunt does work, but I hope jugg range gets wider and all taunt has just a bit longer taunt period.

One thing I want to ask to dps is, warrior can't cover all red zone. Please move away from them. And stay somewhat together so I can cover you all.

Warrior pve buff GREAT ARMOR REDUCION ON SKILLS. XP

tautari
02-23-2015, 07:04 PM
War taunts work on the hammer i use axe jugg hr and cs

Soundlesskill
02-24-2015, 01:23 AM
There are some situations I see my dps die.

First of all, many warriors, even with 5 taunts, don't time there skills to keep their aggro. They spam skills like rogues. Then on skill Cd, they miss aggro and kill pt.
And some warrior don't have taunt upgrade on their skills sometimes too. Then it doesn't work well especially on hor.

And there are bad situations.
The boss had red zone ready, and when it's about to hit the aggro moves on to a dps because of their attack and dps gets slap and die. This usually happens between skill Cd too.
Or even warrior has the aggro of red zone and he moves to dodge it, the dps who was behind warrior gets it and die.
Or warrior gets pushed or stunned and lose aggro. This is why I like Axe throw on boss, I can still throw axe to get his attention even I got pushed away. Remote aggro control. Xp

Taunt does work, but I hope jugg range gets wider and all taunt has just a bit longer taunt period.

One thing I want to ask to dps is, warrior can't cover all red zone. Please move away from them. And stay somewhat together so I can cover you all.

Warrior pve buff GREAT ARMOR REDUCION ON SKILLS. XP

I'd thanks ya, but I'm out!