PDA

View Full Version : Arena... I find it very challenging

Overweightank
02-23-2015, 07:51 PM
No! its not even hard.. its impossible without a maxed to hell party, luck, or tricks/abuse. Literelly we have to force use anhks, cuz let me ask.. has anyone in a normal non lb party ever killed Stahl before he enraged WITHOUT any tricks? Ofc not. I know for sure no one can kill that boss in 60 seconds without a lb pt. this means no maxed to heck players in all 4 slots of a party. even with 1 or 2 maxed players, this is still awful. Please sts make these enrage bosses in arena somewhat doable. atm its irretating, because I know I'll get recipe some day, but after 1 awesome run, i lose like 10 anhks. this is literelly the hardest boss in the game. no other boss is harder... we did enrage ferrix, survived killing 40% of his hp on enrage. it was cool. but stahl is a no go. even if he aiming to one person, all 3 die. he has no red zone which is REALLY unfair. Ferrix has a quick red zone showing atleast. stahl is killing arena for me and a lot of people. Arena is only gold source, and theres a predator that's impossible to kill without luck, max full pt, or abuse of bugs or so on.

- man who lost 37 anhks in 27 runs.

Visiting
02-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Enraged Stahl is horrid, I'll agree, but that doesn't warrant nerfing the arena as a whole..

Dragoonclaws
02-23-2015, 08:27 PM
Completing 4 bosses gives a legendary Elite Arena Master Chest

Ankh can be looted from those chests. Awesome stuff aswell.

Overweightank
02-23-2015, 09:27 PM
Enraged Stahl is horrid, I'll agree, but that doesn't warrant nerfing the arena as a whole..

I'm not saying to nerf arena. sorry about the confusion. haha. I mean to nerf the Stahl enrage, atleast sts should give him a red zone. its literelly a ankh pit. that anhk weekend was 100% useless, lost all the anhks i farmed in 7 runs, only made 200k profit. not worth it T_T

Dragoonclaws
02-23-2015, 10:03 PM
I'm not saying to nerf arena. sorry about the confusion. haha. I mean to nerf the Stahl enrage, atleast sts should give him a red zone. its literelly a ankh pit. that anhk weekend was 100% useless, lost all the anhks i farmed in 7 runs, only made 200k profit. not worth it T_T

you know 200k profit means a lot for many people? right? do you?

Overweightank
02-23-2015, 10:19 PM
you know 200k profit means a lot for many people? right? do you?

But when you take away hours of running, all the potions, and all the anhks used... only like 50k profit, which tbh is good. But I lost too much time. The effort exhurted towards the arena doesnt pay off when out of all the runs, you end up stuck with an enrage stahl... you just wanna rewind time and never have done runs in first place.. it sucks... real time.

gumball3000
02-24-2015, 04:19 AM
You lose more gold than you make in arena if you have bad or average luck.

grzena1982
02-24-2015, 04:59 AM
This area of the game violates the free to play concept. It was specially designed for people to spend plat and merch ankhs, creating artificial demand for them and for others a giant gold sink. Currently people are being victimised or asked to leave for not having quite expensive and useless tool when they simply want to play the game. The area is so tiny, its hard to maneuver and dodge, with whim i can run circles around every single boss in the game, in arena i die too often. I was done with arena and unfair recipe drop after a sinlge try yielding too many deaths i had no control over.

Xorrior
02-24-2015, 05:00 AM
Enrage Stahl is the hardest boss in the game. Don't enrage him!

I've told ppl how not to enrage, they say ok, then they enrage. There's a lot of ppl playing this game who just do not listen to good advice and instructions -_-

Omisace
02-24-2015, 05:14 AM
Stahl + enraging obelisk in arena is doable with a good pt of 2-3 rogues/mages. Keep pets parked or don't summon one at all if you're afraid it might attack the obelisk when you die and revive (pets resummon beside you). However if you do enrage him while only halfway through and decided to keep on going and not reset instead of using revive, use revenge as it will give your whole party a better chance once he has enraged because all of you stay alive and attacking for 15 sec which means Stahl dies faster. Also don't forget to resummon your pet once the timer starts for maximum damage.

- man who lost 37 anhks in 27 runs.

37 ankhs in 27 runs is actually good.

Litheus
02-24-2015, 06:02 AM

I've told ppl how not to enrage, they say ok, then they enrage. There's a lot of ppl playing this game who just do not listen to good advice and instructions -_-

how to no enrage him? other than killing him before he gets enraged
he hits too hard

Cray
02-24-2015, 06:25 AM
how to no enrage him? other than killing him before he gets enraged
he hits too hard
Everyone need to stay out of the circle in which the boss and obelix spawn. Let the rogue/mage fire from outside. Its kinda boring as tank lol, only 2 positions in which u can also attack him..

Blissfulgod
02-24-2015, 11:17 AM
Everyone need to stay out of the circle in which the boss and obelix spawn. Let the rogue/mage fire from outside. Its kinda boring as tank lol, only 2 positions in which u can also attack him..

I think that falls under the bugs/tricks the OP was referring to. I run arena in pts of 3/4 600+ damage rogues and stahl is still likely to enrage (especially in pts of 4) if the trick to prevent enrage counter isn't used. Also, the pylon tends to soak up a good amount of our damage even if stahl is between us as the pylon. It's a separate bug for another post I suppose. We certainly don't use 5+ ankhs before the boss is dead, so the ankh usage really isn't that big of an issue for all rogue pts that know what they're doing. Mages are good for lots of weak mobs and rogues are best at single target combat. I'd suggest hopping on a lvl 41 rogue alt for arena runs. Decent gear is cheap and can easily get you above 500 damage.

Serancha
02-24-2015, 11:24 AM
Just a note that tricks/exploits don't fall into the same category as strategy.

Waiting for stahl at the edge of the arena until he comes within firing range is the equivilant of waiting for bael on the bridge (anyone from the early seasons will remember that). personally I don't believe in doing things like that since they fall somewhere closer to exploit than strategy, and is just plain laziness.

As for strategy, the closer you are to stahl, the less damage his daggers do.

Cray
02-24-2015, 11:29 AM
I think that falls under the bugs/tricks the OP was referring to. I run arena in pts of 3/4 600+ damage rogues and stahl is still likely to enrage (especially in pts of 4) if the trick to prevent enrage counter isn't used. Also, the pylon tends to soak up a good amount of our damage even if stahl is between us as the pylon. It's a separate bug for another post I suppose. We certainly don't use 5+ ankhs before the boss is dead, so the ankh usage really isn't that big of an issue for all rogue pts that know what they're doing. Mages are good for lots of weak mobs and rogues are best at single target combat. I'd suggest hopping on a lvl 41 rogue alt for arena runs. Decent gear is cheap and can easily get you above 500 damage.

Probably yes, I was just answering the question of the person I quoted.
U can kill Stahl before enrage with full dps pt too btw, I did with a pt of 3 rogues and a mage. All had mythic weap tho, and no arcanes (pets,ring etc)

vawaid
02-24-2015, 12:03 PM
And.. the gate is broken. I hate it.

sent by a nab using tapasucks

Tatman
02-24-2015, 12:15 PM
A party of 3 rogues can kill Stahl before he enrages even if they activate obelisk early. And they don't need to be maxed out. Same applies for almost every boss besides Rutger probably, as his clones soak up a lot of damage.

A party of 4 usually can't do it.

Standing at the gate and firing from there is a legitimate strategy. Implying it's an exploit (read cheat) is not cool imo.

Bunny♥
02-24-2015, 02:43 PM
2 rogues on a team who knows how to break the obelisk before the countdown ends is enough to run without wasting alot of anks

Kriticality
02-24-2015, 03:00 PM
Agreed. A strong rogue party can kill him before the 10 count starts. If it's a bit weaker, he's probably the only boss where it can be make or break to smash the obelisk. If not, it's best for the players to be spread in different directions because his daggs can and will kill everyone if you're in the line of fire which of course makes him reset. It's also a little harder to focus on the obelisk because you can't pull stahl away from it like the other bosses.

I want stahls daggers with throwing proc for new arcane daggers and spiked dog in tombs for new ultra arcane pet!! lol I dream I dream!

Overweightank
02-24-2015, 03:45 PM
Just a note that tricks/exploits don't fall into the same category as strategy.

Waiting for stahl at the edge of the arena until he comes within firing range is the equivilant of waiting for bael on the bridge (anyone from the early seasons will remember that). personally I don't believe in doing things like that since they fall somewhere closer to exploit than strategy, and is just plain laziness.

Ty and yes, I almost never use these bugs and tricks. I always like to have hard challenge, but have it fair. We shouldnt have to use exploits to fight this boss. and ty for the tip. Now I know how close to be when I fight him! :D

Xorrior
02-25-2015, 07:10 AM
Nothing is laziness if it saves you burning ankhs. Also not all party members are rogues, this game has mages and tanks that like to do arena too. A boss designed to burn your ankhs, feel free to counter with an anti-ankh strategy :) ......as discussed in this thread.

Thank you, and now I shall go level my Rogue to 41 and play this awesome game called Rogue Legends!

Jirikjurasek
02-25-2015, 08:07 AM

Are you sure? 100%?
I see lots of deaths when rogue/mage were standing in melee distance same as when standing far away (tried countless times). I think less and more dmg is only minimum/maximum dmg issue and critical hit issue.

@strategy: I still prefer runs where party need minimum potion and ankhs, which resulting in a bit longer runs (-how conservative-). When I run with legendary geared players and we are not able to kill Stahl before enrage because of gear, then I as tank with 2800 armor, 8200 HP and Juggernaut active (= 20% dmg reduction) get instant kill when stand face to face to boss. Should I use 5 ankhs revive? Or twisting Kelvin? No thank you, its not my interest. Strategy = summary of tricks and their using.

Yumisa
02-25-2015, 08:25 AM
Arena was meant to be hard, they said it when they introduced it...

Jirikjurasek
02-25-2015, 09:00 AM

I agree, but as you can see you can run efficiently even with legendary gear when using proper strategy ;-)
I never said that arena should be nerf, only thing what Iīm saying is that why wasting Ankhs and gold when it isnt necessary. I know people who play really well, but they donīt play so much for buy myth/arcane gear and they dont have much gold for ankhs. When I run with them, should I say: "You dont have good gear, go farm lockeds and let me to run arena/tombs with geared players"?
Today you can buy whole gear for 150k including pet and you CAN run all elites/tombs/arenas efficiently with minimum deaths.

Kingofninjas
02-25-2015, 10:33 AM
2 or more good rogues can kill any boss before the timer is up. Of the bosses, stahl is probably the easiest one to burn down. There's no need to break the stone.

Not true. Recently, Raregem and I tried to duo frostr before he got enraged. We didn't get close. We tried everything, including keeping pets in gate till frostr was down to 50% but he still ended up 1 hitting us on his first enrage. I also noticed I could not solo him anymore. Maybe its just frostr but I feel like arena got harder.

Serancha
02-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Are you sure? 100%?
I see lots of deaths when rogue/mage were standing in melee distance same as when standing far away (tried countless times). I think less and more dmg is only minimum/maximum dmg issue and critical hit issue.

@strategy: I still prefer runs where party need minimum potion and ankhs, which resulting in a bit longer runs (-how conservative-). When I run with legendary geared players and we are not able to kill Stahl before enrage because of gear, then I as tank with 2800 armor, 8200 HP and Juggernaut active (= 20% dmg reduction) get instant kill when stand face to face to boss. Should I use 5 ankhs revive? Or twisting Kelvin? No thank you, its not my interest. Strategy = summary of tricks and their using.

I didn't say you couldn't be killed while hugging Stahl. But you are much much less likely to.

To my knowledge, that little roguish guy is not stunnable. If you prefer runs where you can conserve potions, Arena is not the map for you. If you don't pot, you die.

Juggernaut in pve? Really? Don't even get me started......

Ravager
02-25-2015, 12:51 PM
I hate stahl because for a warrior, you don't know where stahl truly is. Even though you see him lets say, on the left side, he might actually be in the middle of the screen because the pet is hitting the middle of the screen and my axe throw is going towards the middle etc. Stahl location vs what we see on the screen is glitched.

Xorrior
02-25-2015, 01:38 PM

I would love to see your tanking style, I know you've said you was a tank before, and that from Nordr to Tindirin you only died twice. That's awesome :) personally I can't live without jugg. I'll shoot you an invite very soon :) just to see how you do it with VB. Cya Soon.

Don't worry you'll be the only tank, I'll be a noob rogue.

regizakirs.rs
02-25-2015, 01:39 PM

That I agree with! Some people just don't listen Xorrior. But overweighttank the rogues I run with aren't leaderboard players and I've ran the arena with snowball. It can get difficult with no strategy but, IMO it's not as difficult as you may think. Just stick with it and it becomes easier over time. Your a good player you'll be fine[emoji12]

Jirikjurasek
02-25-2015, 03:13 PM

I used whatever I can for try to survive enraged Stahl. Use jugg for that was the most logic thing. Jugg definitely has place in pve, but it is another discussion in another thread maybe.

Slag terrify works on Stahl.

That note about potions was very funny. I've never said (and I will never do) that I dont want to use potions. Only thing what I said was, that I want to save ankhs and potions used by PARTY.

Overweightank
02-25-2015, 03:57 PM

Im not saying its hard... I'm saying its almost impossible to do without the Pt's you guys are talking about. Try doing it with a Average pt (no, not every officer or good geared can run with you)

We had me (maul dmg warr) , a mythic bow rogue, a frost gun mage, and a random rogue with normal expo bow.

we tried atleast 4-6 times, we ended up just leaving. Problem is, they said it would be hard. not 1min enrage to a boss that takes atleast 3minutes to kill ._.

Dex Scene
02-25-2015, 05:06 PM
Im not saying its hard... I'm saying its almost impossible to do without the Pt's you guys are talking about. Try doing it with a Average pt (no, not every officer or good geared can run with you)

We had me (maul dmg warr) , a mythic bow rogue, a frost gun mage, and a random rogue with normal expo bow.

we tried atleast 4-6 times, we ended up just leaving. Problem is, they said it would be hard. not 1min enrage to a boss that takes atleast 3minutes to kill ._.
Don't hit the stone. Keep pets locked. Boss won't be enraged.

Dex Scene
02-25-2015, 05:09 PM
Nvm i think the update fixed the pets getting locked in gate thingy. I haven't played arena since ages as I have gave up on looting a recipe.
but anyway Dnt hit the stone (obelix)

Overweightank
02-26-2015, 03:39 PM

We tried this, we put away all pets, we walked towards stahl and he enraged... is there a field causing enrage around stone or stahl? O.o

Dex Scene
02-26-2015, 03:49 PM
We tried this, we put away all pets, we walked towards stahl and he enraged... is there a field causing enrage around stone or stahl? O.o
If you do aoe skill attacks such fireball nox etc when boss is near the stone, then stone will take dmg and boss will enrage. Stay at the gate. Warrior pull boss with axe throw or rogue does normal aimshot or auto attack and wait for boss to come down near gate. Fight there only near the gate.

Overweightank
02-26-2015, 04:30 PM
If you do aoe skill attacks such fireball nox etc when boss is near the stone, then stone will take dmg and boss will enrage. Stay at the gate. Warrior pull boss with axe throw or rogue does normal aimshot or auto attack and wait for boss to come down near gate. Fight there only near the gate.

Nothing of aoe or anything occured. I just walked up to the boss, no attacks or pets. and he randomely got enraged :I

Dex Scene
02-26-2015, 04:31 PM
Nothing of aoe or anything occured. I just walked up to the boss, no attacks or pets. and he randomely got enraged :I
Dnt walk to the boss... dnt get near to the stone

Overweightank
02-26-2015, 05:15 PM
Dnt walk to the boss... dnt get near to the stone

So.. Exploits? :3

Kingofninjas
02-26-2015, 06:22 PM
I said "good" rogues nab. Raregem and i can kill frostir 10/10 times with zero deaths. Alternate your kelvin AA and if you know AA is CD, be ready to move out of red zone. If you stand on him, he won't frost you so you can walk behind him and out of red. Alternatively, you can charge pierce to dash out.

Sounds like a need a solid farming. Anyways back on topic, rare gem and I tried 2 kelvin and1 kelvin 1 blinky but we couldn't even do 50% before the minutes the was up. He will verify this if you ask him. We quit after 5-6 tries.

Overweightank
02-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Sounds like a need a solid farming. Anyways back on topic, rare gem and I tried 2 kelvin and1 kelvin 1 blinky but we couldn't even do 50% before the minutes the was up. He will verify this if you ask him. We quit after 5-6 tries.

join my club! XD its near impssible without full arcane rings. But you know, whatevs P:

Enterradora
02-27-2015, 06:21 AM
nabs XD.. 3 rogues if they spam all skills whitout charge (pierce included) can rekt all bosses in 60 seconds (40-45 if arcane rings/nekro).

Rx8
02-27-2015, 08:19 AM
nabs XD.. 3 rogues if they spam all skills whitout charge (pierce included) can rekt all bosses in 60 seconds (40-45 if arcane rings/nekro).

Sigh, SnS Will take a million years then...

Rx8
02-27-2015, 08:22 AM
2 rogues on a team who knows how to break the obelisk before the countdown ends is enough to run without wasting alot of anks

Hm? So what happens if the obelisk is broken?

Overweightank
02-27-2015, 11:10 AM

I dont know either, never bothered to try :P Does it make enrage permenently gone?

Rx8
02-27-2015, 08:03 PM
I dont know either, never bothered to try :P Does it make enrage permenently gone?

I can't test it yet, will need a party to do that. Or maybe i might be able to solo then..

CouchPass
02-27-2015, 08:22 PM
Try to join a good guild to find a good party.

Overweightank
02-28-2015, 01:18 PM
Try to join a good guild to find a good party.

got both alrdy

nevercan
03-01-2015, 05:53 AM
Then he wont enrage if im right.

Overweightank
03-01-2015, 09:22 AM
I already offered to you to help you and show you some pointers in arena. You don't need arcane gear ir even mythic

I did enrage ferrix yesterday. its best if you have a good pt. use the exploit, then always something happens he enrages and u just kill.

guyonanseru
03-02-2015, 01:52 PM
its hard. end of story

Excuses
03-02-2015, 02:59 PM
Tips as a tank when a boss is enraged.

1. See the count and cover pt for the fisrt attack after enrage. This will take the bosses aggro
2. Walk away from boss and throw axe to keep aggro. Then the boss will ignore dps and chase you. And stay away so boss can't attack but walk to you.
3. Use a stun pet(I use kelvin or sam) as you lose aggro after axe.
4. As you stun the boss, go to boss and use a taunt skill(I use jugg and cs) to keep aggro and run for your life.
5. When your heal Cd is done, try to cover at least a dps so not everyone will die and reset boss.
6. And keep aggro with axe to make him chase you while all dps stay behind boss to finish him.
7. For dps, stay other side of tank but apart, so someone would stay alive even the tank lose aggro.

So basically,
Stay away enough to dodge red zone attacks but not too far so you can reach him with At and pet. And keep aggro while dps finish him.

Stahl is the hardest one because he doesn't follow me and his attack range is long(tank can't Dodge with distance), but all other bosses work fine this way even when it is enraged.
Hope this helps.

Overweightank
03-02-2015, 03:54 PM
its hard. end of story

its more than hard, As Excuses said (above) , that Stahl is the hardest boss in arena for tanks (as myself) , and that it's almost impossible to dodge the attacks due to long range. Unless you have a full arcane party with well aware skill of arena, and/or exploits, this boss is more than just hard. You fail many times, untill one day you find a trick or two to get past this hell ordered boss. Nerf or no nerf, this boss needs MAJOR skill. Normal exploits doesnt always work.

Jazzi
03-02-2015, 05:29 PM

As much as I didn't like agreeing with enter ( there is a long list of reasons for that), I gotta say that she/he is right: a party of 3 rogues/3 rogues and a tank/3 rogues and a mage can kill all bosses before they enrage. I am talking about a pt without arcane rings or planar pendant, just myth bow.

And yes it is true that you just have to spam all skills (including piercer) without charging. The problem is that many rogues just do not know how to dish out damage and some full mythic rogues have less effective damage than a skilled legendary (with para) one.

Avshow
03-03-2015, 08:30 PM
for a tank ,team with good rogues are the best choice, game is not decided by the tank ,but the other 3 rogues

Kriticality
03-03-2015, 09:03 PM
I'll run with you as well. We will smash stahl. Ign is same as forum name.

regizakirs.rs
03-04-2015, 12:24 AM
I'll run with you as well. We will smash stahl. Ign is same as forum name.
Me too Stahl is pest lol. I wouldn't mind helping you kill him.
Ign: ladynifft
"Eliterunners"

Overweightank
03-04-2015, 11:32 PM
Shiny already helped me in game, I found out what me and my pt's were doing wrong. But ty all for considering to help! love you guys! <3