PDA

View Full Version : The abbreviation is B*

Snakespeare
03-12-2011, 09:08 AM
One of the developers visited the chatbox and, when referring to Blackstar he simply typed "B*". We know they have been working on it for a very long time, so this abbreviation has probably existed longer than PL. I think it's much better than BS, which has negative connotations for me. What do others think? Should we start calling it B* like the devs do?

Justg
03-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Werd Snakes. It is B*.

Kingofhurtz
03-12-2011, 09:40 AM
What about the Sewers? Shall we call them S*?

Major
03-12-2011, 09:58 AM
I think B* is a smart name for it...especially now that we call the sewers BS sometimes, could get confusing.

Rebel
03-12-2011, 10:22 AM
What about the Sewers? Shall we call them S*?

Black star is abbreviated B* because the asterisk stands for "star", therefore creating "BlackStar". I think the Sewers can just stay the same, plus S* would stand for SewerStar ;)

Barbamitsos
03-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Black star is abbreviated B* because the asterisk stands for "star", therefore creating "BlackStar". I think the Sewers can just stay the same, plus S* would stand for SewerStar ;)

bahaha fantastic thought!

Physiologic
03-12-2011, 12:39 PM
How about just *

which is quite literally a black star? :p

I joke...

Pharcyde
03-12-2011, 10:17 PM
I like phys version.

DawnInfinity
03-12-2011, 10:26 PM
How about just *

which is quite literally a black star? :p

I joke...

I lol'd.

/tenchar

ratava
03-14-2011, 07:34 AM
B* is cool.

I was using BS as it reminded me of that joke in Dumb and Dumber: "Yeah, we were planning on mating a Bulldog with ****zu: It would have created a Bullsh*t!

; )

I'll edit my older posts on this later..

Snakespeare
03-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Ah, yes, and I think that is exactly why it ISN'T abbreviated BS! LOL!

There was once a Chevy called a Nova, and it was a good car in the days before Japanese car mods. It was loved by American teen boys who like to make cars loud and cool looking. So they took it to South America and tried to market it there. It didn't work! Nova is latin for "new". Who wouldn't want a new car, even an old can that was called new? Nope. In South America when you say "no va" in reference to a car it means "doesn't run" or "no go".*

You have to be careful how you market things! So of course theydon't want to call BlackStar "BS", but Balefort Sewers is smelly and nasty and nobody seems to mind that being called BS, hahahahaha...

* = snopes debunks this urban legend, but it still considered true by marketting people (http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp)