PDA

View Full Version : The Official Love Crafting Event Feedback and Discussion Thread

Remiem
02-24-2015, 01:04 PM
Use the thread to discuss all things Love Crafting!

Looking for another "O" heart? Want to speculate over what's behind the portal? Got suggestions on what we can do to make the event better. Share it here!

cyrusrevange
02-24-2015, 05:23 PM
1st
Thank you Remiem

Mehmet Tuncay
02-24-2015, 05:34 PM
thank you remiem l love you remiem

tearacan
02-24-2015, 05:43 PM
let the vanities stay. all we can have is a banner which surprise, surprise look like mom's banner

edit: why don't the hearts stack in the inventory like craft essences? It just list them all like gems, its mess now. no overview.

Sorcerie
02-24-2015, 06:19 PM
So this might be a strange observation, but what is up with the placement of the wings on the cupid vanity?

It looks like its, inside of the robes/toon?

Is it supposed to be so in there? Lol

Candylicks
02-24-2015, 06:30 PM
1. The potions bar is way too big. It hinders our game play in elite maps.

2. The wing vanity for warriors. Wings under their armpits? Tsk tsk art department.

3. The wording on the heart vendor was sketchy, you scared us all thinking the dark love and vanity we buy would disappear with the event. All of the item descriptions that have the words 'only available' should change. Just write a cute description like you have for the 2015 Lovecraft banner.

3. I will say that my guild is speculating that behind the portal is a teaser for the expansion. We are guessing you guys don't have the maps ready, but have the town designed and up for us to check out and get excited about.

4. This event is great, really nice job aside from the minor boo boos from design. The client loaded up nicely for everyone, the event started without a hitch, and I have seen everyone having fun w/ the potions and vanity. Thank you for this little event, we 'love' it!

Apostar
02-24-2015, 07:49 PM
Can not download the current update to my Samsung android tablet(10.0) as and update or by deleting the app and re-installing the app. I can update this app on Samsung Galaxy phones only. When trying to download to the tablet it causes the play store app to quit. Didn't see anywhere else to post this. Please fix.

Raregem
02-24-2015, 08:53 PM
edit: why don't the hearts stack in the inventory like craft essences? It just list them all like gems, its mess now. no overview.

I asked about that too with the test server. Cara said this http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?208319-Trivial-Request&p=2048384&viewfull=1#post2048384

Zynzyn
02-24-2015, 10:41 PM
The vanities are not transferable. So I was wondering if its a mistake and will they be made transferable later? Or is it intentional? ( I like them as they are - nontransferable)

Will Dark Love disappear after the event? I suppose "only available during the event" means we can purchase it only during the event but it will stay to be worn permanently right?

Btw really cool event. :) Totally worth the wait. And the mysterious portal is a very good idea.

Tatman
02-24-2015, 10:51 PM
Make event banner that stays up there on your screen smaller. Can't see boss hp bar.

Arachnophobik
02-25-2015, 12:21 AM
Im very very curious whats behind the portal. But im afraid it might just be a banner lol

drakenwow
02-25-2015, 06:19 AM
There will be a new event map behind the portal for sure :))i hope so:/

jerome
02-25-2015, 10:54 AM
pls fix the vanity of war cupid wings vanity because its not accurate in her back. because of that the vanity look ugly. plss fix it as soon as posible. plssss

Ravager
02-25-2015, 12:07 PM
Its nice that this is a crafting-based event but the biggest annoyance is that the crafting bug still exists. When you complete a craft or upgrade, 20-30% of the time, it will not show the result of the finished craft/upgrade and will lock. If you are on Android, you can hit back a few times and resume gameplay. If you are on Chrome, you have to reload the game. Very annoying.

Serancha
02-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Its nice that this is a crafting-based event but the biggest annoyance is that the crafting bug still exists. When you complete a craft or upgrade, 20-30% of the time, it will not show the result of the finished craft/upgrade and will lock. If you are on Android, you can hit back a few times and resume gameplay. If you are on Chrome, you have to reload the game. Very annoying.

On ipad you need to quit and reload the game also.

Gorecaster
02-25-2015, 08:06 PM
The event box is covering the bosses HP bar. Why can't we minimize the event box?

Raregem
02-26-2015, 01:38 AM
Yes, The event box with timers is frustrating. You can not see boss hp bar at all. Please make the box collapsible next event.

SacredKnight
02-26-2015, 03:25 AM
Can we have a minimize option for the event potion counter thingy? Or an option to remove from our HUD? Also, can the warrior wings get bigger, like Angel Wings? Other than that fun event! Just a bit odd that it comes out a while after valentines day xD

Mehmet Tuncay
02-26-2015, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=arcanexmen]The vanities are not transferable. So I was wondering if its a mistake and will they be made transferable later? Or is it intentional? ( I like them as they are - nontransferable)

Will Dark Love disappear after the event? I suppose "only available during the event" means we can purchase it only during the event but it will stay to be worn permanently right?

Btw really cool event. :) Totally worth the wait. And the mysterious portal is a very good idea.

alphabane
02-26-2015, 03:15 PM
how about give us a free legendary pets for completing the love bar then a piece of vanity that is awarded to those who participate in drinking those potions? cause some players are not drinking.. they only wait for those who drink to fill it up.. it's unfair for those who spend money to drink elixir..

anyways love the event ^_^ it's simple and fun to play :)

and it's the first time that we all work together to reveal the surprice portal haha can't wait to see what's inside

.no
02-26-2015, 03:48 PM
Are the Cupid wings supposed to be animated?

xxjellybeanxx
02-27-2015, 07:08 AM
i hope whats behind the portal
- a really well design place ( where all player of AL can stay there ,somewhere that make us feel comfortable )
- we can marry each other
- and new maps and functions :)

Zynzyn
02-27-2015, 11:29 AM
The event is quite a lot of fun and I thank the devs for getting it ready for us. Cant wait to see what Cupid's Portal holds.

Just wanted to put in a suggestion which may or may not be implemented - The plain black Dark Love does not look very nice against Arlorian dark backgrounds (dark tinted walls, ground, etc like dungeons). I wanted to suggest that the Dark Love should be a mix of black and purple hearts instead of only black.

VenomsChaos
02-27-2015, 11:32 AM
i see others asking that to. But none correct answer ( or i didnt understand )

After event Love banner AND Dark Love will remove from my character?

angeltenebro
02-27-2015, 06:56 PM
The event is quite a lot of fun and I thank the devs for getting it ready for us. Cant wait to see what Cupid's Portal holds.

Just wanted to put in a suggestion which may or may not be implemented - The plain black Dark Love does not look very nice against Arlorian dark backgrounds (dark tinted walls, ground, etc like dungeons). I wanted to suggest that the Dark Love should be a mix of black and purple hearts instead of only black.
I agree with this.

Sorcerie
03-01-2015, 09:37 PM

Just wanted to put in a suggestion which may or may not be implemented - The plain black Dark Love does not look very nice against Arlorian dark backgrounds (dark tinted walls, ground, etc like dungeons). I wanted to suggest that the Dark Love should be a mix of black and purple hearts instead of only black.This is a very valid point. I do love the black hearts, but I think a switch to purple would be more thematic for Valentines Day and easier to see.

tearacan
03-02-2015, 01:25 AM
Hmm, the rumors of being it a part of the next cap raise making me think sketchy. The text does state it is a SURPRISE and not a PRIZE, which i rather prefer specially after so many people using love elixers. I rather read clues towards a reward rather than a town which we will end up to see anyhow.

Btw, pls fix the rogue hat, its floating!!

xkeshua
03-06-2015, 12:40 AM
Today i open 100 love chest and i just got candy and rogue vanity hat but my char is mage . i think i can got mage vanity set with only 15 chest just like my brother . i dont get it ... Why?

Dalmony
03-10-2015, 12:09 AM
The Lovecraft event as a whole I really enjoyed. I liked the candy crafting aspect and thought it was awesome that inventory and stash space were offered as love token purchases!!!

I also really liked the designs of all the vanities, I loved the amount of detail on both those and the lovecraft chests, the amount of detail on those chocolate boxes was impressive in comparison to pretty much all chests which have ever dropped in game!!

Working towards the community goal was also a new and fun aspect which worked really well and I also liked the hugthulu stage of the event in its essence: it was a great idea to have the vanities be untradeable. I'm a fan of the new untradeable route STS seems to have taken in the past few months with several items as I feel like it encourages players to actually play the game at least a bit, rather than just buying everything, and it was awesome to see all sorts of random things being dropped from the boss!

The only suggestion I would really have if the event as a whole were to be done again would have been to organise the golden wings, or the "grand community prize" loot differently, for example:

- put a decent liquidation value on the none tradeable items so if we loot the wrong ones our prize is still worth something to us. OR

- don't put the vanities in the chests at all... instead put " Golden Tokens" inside the chests and when the "surprise" is revealed, add the new vanity pieces to the token vendor for 100 golden tokens. This way we still need to farm or open chests and get lucky, but we are able to work towards one or to items for the correct class, rather than 20 items we can't use. OR

- Instead of having the loot inside the chests be: 10% wrong class vanity / 10% wrong class vanity / 10% correct class vanity / 70% candy
Make it be: 10 % correct class vanity / 20% ankh,story token, teeth, etc / 70% candy

Loads of players during this event feel like they played the game fair and square, jumped through all the hoops of farming letters, crafting kits, opening love potions, farming hugthulu all weekend once the surprise was revealed, and opening hundreds of chests, but then ending up with 20 rewards which were only good for liquidation at 0 gold. I wasn't in this camp as I had some miraculous luck and looted both pieces of the rogue gold cupid set in about 100 chests, but I know it was an anticlimax for many people who really did try hard to loot them and never got there.

.no
03-10-2015, 04:15 AM
I was unsure how this love event would be, and man it was awesome. I was able to farm vanities that looked cool, then make a ton of gold from selling the letters and hugthulu chests. All in all, I made 2.5m+, investing some of the gold.

Please do more of these mini events. They are a huge gold generator for those of us that actually play the game to make gold.

Tatman
03-10-2015, 08:01 AM
Some final thoughts:

1. It's true that portal boss was actually very weak, especially compared to previous event bosses. On the other hand, I farmed with two of my low level toons (10 and 12) and I must say that for the first time I saw actual new players enjoy an event boss and not leave midway through the fight as was the case in previous events. I mean, for the first time I could go there with three people with starter pets and beat the boss without too much unnecessary frustration, caused by one-hits and stuff like that. Plus, we finally had some nice and regularly dropping loot (lovecraft chests), that allowed new or poorer players to make some much needed gold relatively fast and easy.

2. I like the vanities. I think these are the best event vanities (not including lb ones) that we've seen for a long time.

3. I also liked the fact that we could trade candy hearts. I myself gifted hearts to every low level player I saw standing in town needing a "V' or an "O". :)

4. I like the love potion idea. I think something like this could and should be implemented in all events. It creates such a nice atmosphere, seeing those floating hearts around people, instead of the usual drama, spamming and trash talk.

Regards.

Thekillerit
03-11-2015, 02:17 PM
The second part of the event beginning excited but after a while it became monotonous.
But overall it was a nice event.

Nezumichan
03-12-2015, 12:14 PM
What is the point that I have extra vanity and I can't share my love joy vanity across to my others characters??

This is suppose to be love vanity and yet it become so selfish and heartbreaking vanity...

Personally feel heartbroken, if I cannot share with other characters.

I hope AL can make an update for this vanity to allow give not trade.. that way i can logon 2 devices and give it to my other characters on another logon, which i wish they can have.

saiyangodgoku
03-12-2015, 05:31 PM
I goku

saiyangodgoku
03-12-2015, 05:31 PM
Hehe

saiyangodgoku
03-12-2015, 05:32 PM
I have nothing to do :(