PDA

View Full Version : Ask Us Anything | Chat with Spacetime About Call of Champions

Pages : [1] 2

Remiem
02-25-2015, 10:54 AM

The new game announcement is sure to come with a lot of questions! Well, we're here to answer! Use this thread to ask the Spacetime Team anything about Call of Champions. We will check back often to answer as many questions as possible.

Avaree
02-25-2015, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the teaser, when can we expect this to be released ?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?212201-Spacetime-Studios-Reveals-Call-of-Champions-MOBA-in-Development

Ladycandyheal
02-25-2015, 11:31 AM
When can we help out testing the Alpha??? Will we have to wait months to play alpha? :)

Remiem
02-25-2015, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the teaser, when can we expect this to be released ?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?212201-Spacetime-Studios-Reveals-Call-of-Champions-MOBA-in-Development

We are expecting to release in Summer of this year.

Remiem
02-25-2015, 11:39 AM
When can we help out testing the Alpha??? Will we have to wait months to play alpha? :)

Alpha will be limited to a pretty small audience, but our Beta period will be open to a much larger group. You'll definitely have an opportunity to help test before launch.

Powkachu
02-25-2015, 11:59 AM
Looks an amazaing game !! I like it

Visiting
02-25-2015, 12:00 PM
Judging from the MOBA format would it be safe to say that there's not much of a PVE/Farming aspect to this game?

ueveotadeo
02-25-2015, 12:00 PM
this means RIP Arcane Legends?

Remiem
02-25-2015, 12:02 PM
this means RIP Arcane Legends?

Not at ALL! We have SO many great plans in the works for Arcane Legends. We will be dedicated to the development of Arcane Legends for a long time to come.

Remiem
02-25-2015, 12:03 PM
Judging from the MOBA format would it be safe to say that there's not much of a PVE/Farming aspect to this game?

Although Call of Champions will have a solo play mode and the ability to earn points and achievements, you are correct, it will primarily be a PvP/Competition style game.

Artoholics
02-25-2015, 12:04 PM
Tbh I already love the MOBA...the champs I saw yet (13) are all amazing. I hope their skills will be great too. Idk if I will stop playing AL but I'll definitly play this MOBA

Visiting
02-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Will there be leaderboards? If so, what all will they indicate, and would the system of showing your personal rank compared to everyone else's be implemented by any chance?

Visiting
02-25-2015, 12:26 PM
2 more questions : Will name reserves from other Spacetime games be available for this game? What will platinum be used for here?

Artoholics
02-25-2015, 12:28 PM
2 more questions : Will name reserves from other Spacetime games be available for this game? What will platinum be used for here?
I could imagine that platinum will be used for getting different skins like in LoL...or make the feeding faster (if it will be possible to feed)...dunno

Mortalninja
02-25-2015, 12:32 PM
There would be multiple arenas right?

Justg
02-25-2015, 12:32 PM
Will there be leaderboards? If so, what all will they indicate, and would the system of showing your personal rank compared to everyone else's be implemented by any chance?

Absolutely there will be leaderboards and ranked play. We'll track all your relevant stats.

We're not doing unique names, we'll append an identifyer to whatever you want to be called (like Battle.net). Also no pay-to-win. Plat will pay for a premium account that let's you advance faster, but you will never be able to pay for things that others can't have.

There would be multiple arenas right?

Shipping with one, awesome arena. We may expand in the future, but we want this one to be perfect.

angeldawn
02-25-2015, 12:36 PM
Will the games only be 5 min sessions or will there also be some without a time limit for when longer playtime is available?

GoodSyntax
02-25-2015, 12:37 PM

From another thread...

Sorry folks, you won't be able to snatch names (not that any of you would sell them...). People can call themselves whatever they want, we'll have unique identifiers appended. Kinda like Battle.net

Serancha
02-25-2015, 12:51 PM
Also no pay-to-win. Plat will pay for a premium account that let's you advance faster, but you will never be able to pay for things that others can't have.

I know this was said initially about Arcane Legends, and unfortunately didn't end up that way. I hope you guys stick to that policy, because it is a good one.

Mortalninja
02-25-2015, 01:15 PM
Absolutely there will be leaderboards and ranked play. We'll track all your relevant stats.

We're not doing unique names, we'll append an identifyer to whatever you want to be called (like Battle.net). Also no pay-to-win. Plat will pay for a premium account that let's you advance faster, but you will never be able to pay for things that others can't have.

Shipping with one, awesome arena. We may expand in the future, but we want this one to be perfect.
Ok Ty for the Info Justg

Remiem
02-25-2015, 01:26 PM
Will the games only be 5 min sessions or will there also be some without a time limit for when longer playtime is available?

For the moment, they will all be timed matches.

Niixed
02-25-2015, 01:27 PM
It's great to see STS (or is it STG?? Please clarify!) is branching out into another mobile genre. The idea sounds *a lot* more promising than AB did! I'm unfamiliar with MOBA games, but I will give this one a try. I look forward to more details!

octavos
02-25-2015, 01:35 PM
I love all the CG stuff you guys make. But I want to see actual game play, Since thats what really matters here. if its like a bloody card game i'm out..sorry I hate those games.

nevercan
02-25-2015, 01:38 PM
I love all the CG stuff you guys make. But I want to see actual game play, Since thats what really matters here. if its like a bloody card game i'm out..sorry I hate those games.
U wil know in the summer : p

octavos
02-25-2015, 01:41 PM
U wil know in the summer : p

umm how about no, not to be cynical..but all the hype for a new game can really hurt if its not what you are expecting. So my question is..is it 3D (free roam and leveling much like legends games) or is it a card game (like Hearthstone from Blizzard).

if its like the legends games..I'll see you there.

Artoholics
02-25-2015, 01:43 PM
umm how about no, not to be cynical..but all the hype for a new game can really hurt if its not what you are expecting. So my question is..is it 3D (free roam and leveling much like legends games) or is it a card game (like Hearthstone from Blizzard).

So true...that hurts.
I suppose its a game like LoL with AL graphics...

Remiem
02-25-2015, 01:53 PM

Definitely not. We have worked very hard to make it look and feel like a real MOBA. :) We don't have gameplay footage, but there are some pre-alpha screenshots to look at in this Gamespot article: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/former-sony-online-vets-announce-new-moba-you-can-/1100-6425516/

octavos
02-25-2015, 01:55 PM
Definitely not. We have worked very hard to make it look and feel like a real MOBA. :) We don't have gameplay footage, but there are some pre-alpha screenshots to look at in this Gamespot article: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/former-sony-online-vets-announce-new-moba-you-can-/1100-6425516/

LMFAO don't have footage eh, thanks anyways.

Visiting
02-25-2015, 01:58 PM
Will there be guilds/alliances or somesuch?

Ubernewber
02-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Not at ALL! We have SO many great plans in the works for Arcane Legends. We will be dedicated to the development of Arcane Legends for a long time to come.

Ur right that doesn't mean rip AL but it defintely puts PL SL and DL down the drain for good right?

Ps on the good side the game looks pretty nice

nevercan
02-25-2015, 02:17 PM

I dont like card game either also if it has bad graffics but if its an legend game give me your ign so i can meet you there for the first time (forum not counting)

octavos
02-25-2015, 02:22 PM
Ur right that doesn't mean rip AL but it defintely puts PL SL and DL down the drain for good right?

Ps on the good side the game looks pretty good

*Shifftyeyes* :disillusionment:

I dont like card game either also if it has bad graffics but if its an legend game give me your ign so i can meet you there for the first time (forum not counting)

ok will do bud

Remiem
02-25-2015, 02:44 PM
Will there be guilds/alliances or somesuch?

We are working on a number of ways that players will be able to connect in and out of game, but we'll have more on that later.

Slant
02-25-2015, 02:53 PM
haha Groot with Rocket

Carapace
02-25-2015, 04:10 PM

It is definitely in 3D, but without an "in match" leveling component. There are skill trees behind the scenes but from the start of the match everyone has access to all of their abilities and the timer starts counting down the 5 minute match.

It's intense, and it's fun! Wish we could show the footage, but most of that will likely show up after SXSW in March.

On a related note, there are many of us who are still 100% dedicated to AL development, so we're still very actively working on it for sure :)

Edited for clarity related to leveling in this context

DivineMoustache
02-25-2015, 04:27 PM
At first, I was thinking that this would just be another MOBA, but five minute matches, no items, no creeps and jungle sounds sort of intriguing. There's a fat chance that it might bomb to traditional MOBA players, but a fast paced MOBA sounds like a nice mixture of PL and MOBAs.

Trenton
02-25-2015, 04:50 PM
1. Is there gear, as in most MOBAs?

2. How will gear be acquired, if there is any, considering there is no leveling, or farming?

3. Maybe I'm not understanding completely, but with no levels, can a noob (someone who just started) who knows their way around a skill set be able to match up against a highly skilled player who's been playing for months?

4. I know there is a limit of people who do Pre-Alpha, but when will Alpha/Betas be available?

Justg
02-25-2015, 04:54 PM
1. Is there gear, as in most MOBAs?

2. How will gear be acquired, if there is any, considering there is no leveling, or farming?

3. Maybe I'm not understanding completely, but with no levels, can a noob (someone who just started) who knows their way around a skill set be able to match up against a highly skilled player who's been playing for months?

4. I know there is a limit of people who do Pre-Alpha, but when will Alpha/Betas be available?

No gear. You start out with your full 5 abilities, including your Ult.

There is leveling. You will need to level up your champs to unlock new ones. Along the way you customize how your champ plays.

We'll matchmake according to ranks and tiers, so your L1 Avalanche would never fight a highly skilled player until you work your way up.

We'll be doing Alpha after SXSW, so stay tuned!

DivineMoustache
02-25-2015, 05:13 PM
Hey JustG, I've got a question.

So you've stated that you can level up your hero and customize it along the way. Is this like a traditional MMO leveling system? Each time I level, I'm granted a point I can add into [X] skill?

If so, what happens if I try to play a new character, while still sticking with my old party? Do I have to grind all the way up? Or can I just pop in and play with them?
For example, let's say I've been playing Woshu and it's level 10. Everybody in my party is level 10 Bjorn, Scorch, etc. I want to switch to Avalanche because I'm getting bored.
Now, if I'm a level 1 Avalanche playing with my L10 friends, is there a chance I'll go up against a L10 Avalanche and be at a severe disadvantage? Or does level not affect strength, but rather become an indicator of how skilled you are at the character?

I certainly don't wish to grind levels in a MOBA.

Prosecuted
02-25-2015, 05:16 PM
It is definitely in 3D, but without a leveling component. There are skill trees behind the scenes but from the start of the match everyone has access to all of their abilities and the timer starts counting down the 5 minute match.

It's intense, and it's fun! Wish we could show the footage, but most of that will likely show up after SXSW in March.

On a related note, there are many of us who are still 100% dedicated to AL development, so we're still very actively working on it for sure :)

There is leveling. You will need to level up your champs to unlock new ones. Along the way you customize how your champ plays.

We'll matchmake according to ranks and tiers, so your L1 Avalanche would never fight a highly skilled player until you work your way up.

wat

Justg
02-25-2015, 05:18 PM
You do level up your Champions, and choose specializations on the way up.

DivineMoustache
02-25-2015, 05:20 PM
Thanks, but

Could you answer the second half of my question? Sorry if that sounded demanding. I'm just interested to see how that will work out.

Prosecuted
02-25-2015, 05:21 PM

Do you level in the match, and each match your levels are reset?

Or, do each of your champions/heroes have their own individual level that sticks with them?

Or neither..

Justg
02-25-2015, 05:22 PM
Thanks, but

Could you answer the second half of my question? Sorry if that sounded demanding. I'm just interested to see how that will work out.

No prob, this is an AMA :)

In it's current incarnation, we won;t match L1 and L10 champs. I do believe that you would be able to do that in a private match however.

Do you level in the match, and each match your levels are reset?

Or, do each of your champions/heroes have their own individual level that sticks with them?

Or neither..

You earn XP in matches which you apply to your Champions. Those levels are specific to those Champs. You have to level Champs up to unlock other Champs.

It would be avaible at Chrome? pleaseeee *-*

Sorry, but no (way). This is a highly competitive game, we will keep it a level playing field by only having it on Mobile.

Mortalninja
02-25-2015, 05:23 PM
It would be avaible at Chrome? pleaseeee *-*

DivineMoustache
02-25-2015, 05:24 PM
No prob, this is an AMA :)

In it's current incarnation, we won;t match L1 and L10 champs. I do believe that you would be able to do that in a private match however.

I need to clarify what I meant, I apologize.

You've played VG before once or twice right? You know how you can just choose whatever hero you want and play with your buddies who choose their regular heroes?

What if my old character is level 10 as are my buddies, but then I want to switch to a character I've had no experience with. This would make my party a level 1 hero, and level 10 hero, and another level 10 hero (a total level of 21) How would you match this up? Would you have 3 level 7 heroes fight us (l21)? Would it be matched to the highest level in the party and have 3 level 10s fight us? Is there even team queueing that's not a private match?

Justg
02-25-2015, 05:35 PM
I need to clarify what I meant, I apologize.

You've played VG before once or twice right? You know how you can just choose whatever hero you want and play with your buddies who choose their regular heroes?

What if my old character is level 10 as are my buddies, but then I want to switch to a character I've had no experience with. This would make my party a level 1 hero, and level 10 hero, and another level 10 hero. How would you match this up? Would you have 3 level 7 heroes fight us? Would it be matched to the highest level in the party and have 3 level 10s fight us? Is there even team queueing that's not a private match?

I have played that game, but rage quit every time :)

In your (very) specific example, I don't believe you would be matched up in ranked play, but you could host a custom match that would allow that.

DivineMoustache
02-25-2015, 05:41 PM
I have played that game, but rage quit every time :)

In your (very) specific example, I don't believe you would be matched up in ranked play, but you could host a custom match that would allow that.

1) Can you level up in custom matches?

2) I don't think that issue is really that specific. You'll find that often in MOBAs, people like to group up with their "regulars", or a group they often play with. Mine includes Prosecuted, and another guy in Vainglory. To continue grouping up with them, do all three of us need to play our unlocked character together in order to have any effect on leveling?

What if they want to stick with their leveled characters, but I don't? Am I really forced to grind all the way back just to play with my regular group using my new character? I think that takes away any benefit of a five minute match.

3) Basically what I'm asking is for the specifics behind team queueing, I guess. How are character level and skill rank level taken into account? If you could provide any important information that you think could answer my question, that would be amazing. Really looking forward to the game, but not the grind.

EDIT: You said "apply XP" to your characters somewhere in the thread. Is XP like the currency earned in Call of Champions?

Schnitzel
02-25-2015, 05:42 PM
I have a question about names.

Say I name myself "Ruizhe" in the new game,
what if someone else names themselves "Ruizhe" and starts pretending to be me?

Would it be ok if the naming system was like the Legends games? where only one person can have a name, and no two names can be the same?
Reason I ask is that in Battle Command, we many people with the same name, and often times, it causes confusion between alliance members

Justg
02-25-2015, 05:46 PM
1) Can you level up in custom matches?

2) I don't think that issue is really that specific. You'll find that often in MOBAs, people like to group up with their "regulars", or a group they often play with. Mine includes Prosecuted, and another guy in Vainglory. To continue grouping up with them, do all three of us need to play our unlocked character together in order to have any effect on leveling?

What if they want to stick with their leveled characters, but I don't? Am I really forced to grind all the way back just to play with my regular group using my new character? I think that takes away any benefit of a five minute match.

3) Basically what I'm asking is for the specifics behind team queueing, I guess. How are character level and skill rank level taken into account? If you could provide any important information that you think could answer my question, that would be amazing. Really looking forward to the game, but not the grind.

EDIT: You said "apply XP" to your characters somewhere in the thread. Is XP like the currency earned in Call of Champions?

I think you are calling out some very specific edge cases. Not sure how we'll handle all the team queuing questions, but thank you for the thoughts. Hopefully the game is so much fun you won't think of it as a grind.

Justg
02-25-2015, 05:48 PM
I have a question about names.

Say I name myself "Ruizhe" in the new game,
what if someone else names themselves "Ruizhe" and starts pretending to be me?

Would it be ok if the naming system was like the Legends games? where only one person can have a name, and no two names can be the same?
Reason I ask is that in Battle Command, we many people with the same name, and often times, it causes confusion between alliance members

With all the lovely activity surrounding camping and selling of names, we have decided to take a different approach. You will still be able to be uniquely identified, but you will not be able to "own" any particular name.

Prosecuted
02-25-2015, 05:49 PM
I think you are calling out some very specific edge cases. Not sure how we'll handle all the team queuing questions, but thank you for the thoughts. Hopefully the game is so much fun you won't think of it as a grind.

I believe a simpler way of asking would just be, can you queue up with your friends? You create a party, invite 2 people, then queue up.

Schnitzel
02-25-2015, 05:50 PM
With all the lovely activity surrounding camping and selling of names, we have decided to take a different approach. You will still be able to be uniquely identified, but you will not be able to "own" any particular name.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was wondering what you mean by "Uniquely identified" do you mean as in we have a special icon/symbol next to our name? or like a number after my name
Example:
Ruizhe1
Ruizhe2

DivineMoustache
02-25-2015, 05:50 PM

OK, looking forward to finding out once the game starts testing then.

Justg
02-25-2015, 05:51 PM
I believe a simpler way of asking would just be, can you queue up with your friends? You create a party, invite 2 people, then queue up.

Yes :)

Trenton
02-25-2015, 05:54 PM
Hey JustG, is there going to be a town, or like a social area, where we don't have to fight all the time? Or will there not be a big social function in this game?

DivineMoustache
02-25-2015, 05:54 PM
Yes :)

OK, now progressing from that, how will the friend's different levels and skill rank factor into that? Not everyone will have the same level and skill tier. If you don't want to answer the question again that's fine, I don't know if it's the wording of my previous questions that made it seem super specific, but this above is pretty much what I'm trying to get to.

Justg
02-25-2015, 05:55 PM
Hey JustG, is there going to be a town, or like a social area, where we don't have to fight all the time? Or will there not be a big social function in this game?

Different type of social in this game. You will have a friends list, that you can chat with. You will have a competitive team that you can belong to. You will be able to broadcast your game (via twitch.tv) and spectate matches. But no common town, no.

Justg
02-25-2015, 05:56 PM
OK, now progressing from that, how will the friend's different levels and skill rank factor into that? Not everyone will have the same level and skill tier. If you don't want to answer the question again that's fine, I don't know if it's the wording of my previous questions that made it seem super specific, but this above is pretty much what I'm trying to get to.

Ya we're just gonna have to see how that all works out :)

Titanfall
02-25-2015, 05:57 PM
Will there be any cosmetics? (Skins etc)

Prosecuted
02-25-2015, 05:57 PM
Different type of social in this game. You will have a friends list, that you can chat with. You will have a competitive team that you can belong to. You will be able to broadcast your game (via twitch.tv) and spectate matches. But no common town, no.

Sounds like you guys are going to have Twitch implemented? If so, awesome! :livid:

DivineMoustache
02-25-2015, 05:59 PM
Ya we're just gonna have to see how that all works out :)

Ah OK, I understand it's still under development. Hopefully you guys take situations like this under consideration when working out the kinks to queueing! :D

Thank you for your patience and for answering the questions as best as you could!

Justg
02-25-2015, 05:59 PM
Yes, and Spectator Mode, which is AWESOME!!!

Schnitzel
02-25-2015, 06:15 PM
The past MOBAs I played, they eat a lot of battery power (and nearly burnt my thumbs from my phone's overheating processor)

Will there be an option in this game like in AL or PL to change the frame rate and save some battery power?

Jhawkeye
02-25-2015, 06:30 PM
As far as names go. There will be no reserving names or any taken names besides the dev's names right? Cuz I want some names that I know I'll have to be first in line for.

Edit: I read Ruizhe's questions. Good to go

Rx8
02-25-2015, 06:51 PM
Yes, and Spectator Mode, which is AWESOME!!!

G, will AL end up like PL now?....or will AL still live with updates?

Carapace
02-25-2015, 06:56 PM
wat

Apologies, I have edited my original post, but I was referring to mid-match leveling as is typical in games like League where you level your champion in the match over time.

Raregem
02-25-2015, 07:01 PM
Totally stoked! Can't wait to see this game in action!

Whoever did the website did a killer job. Is there any kind of confirmation email when you sign up for the newsletter? Just so I am not spamming my email address 15 times making sure I get the new info.

Exterminator133
02-25-2015, 07:19 PM
So will Beta testing be limited to a amount of people like they did in AL?

Idk if this was asked already.

Slant
02-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Beta on iOS or Android? And what are the minimum requirements?

Jig
02-25-2015, 08:45 PM
Now that you guys have taken your eyes off of PL DL SL, this should make it easy to be able to continue with AL while making this new MOBA! Can't wait, there should be level up's, just no stat increasing or whatsoever that makes it completely unfair, need to be able to show of each players skill and amount of time they have put in the game ;)

siddhant
02-25-2015, 10:24 PM
would u have lotterty system like oandc has with some gold u can spin it and it will help u to unlock character/skins or give u some other things?

wariortheturk
02-26-2015, 01:10 AM
any open beta server?

Zylx
02-26-2015, 01:33 AM
Who'll be able to play Alpha?

vawaid
02-26-2015, 07:35 AM
what's abbreviation of for Call of Champions? Will it be Coc just like Clash of Clans, or something else?:peaceful:

Jig
02-26-2015, 07:44 AM
what's abbreviation of for Call of Champions? Will it be Coc just like Clash of Clans, or something else?:peaceful:

It's not a base building type of game, it's a MOBA.

Youtube some MOBA games, example, Fates Forever, pretty darn good game if you ask me!!

vawaid
02-26-2015, 07:54 AM
It's not a base building type of game, it's a MOBA.

Youtube some MOBA games, example, Fates Forever, pretty darn good game if you ask me!!

I ask what is the possible abbreviation, not the genre.

Kumsaati
02-26-2015, 09:32 AM
Hey i want ask question about character names.Name system will like in Arcane Legends ? or can we use numbers ?or caps on or off change names? like Apple and APple will different? like on Arcane Battlegrounds please dont make it just make name system like in Arcane Legends.

Justg
02-26-2015, 09:53 AM
The past MOBAs I played, they eat a lot of battery power (and nearly burnt my thumbs from my phone's overheating processor)

Will there be an option in this game like in AL or PL to change the frame rate and save some battery power?

Not sure if that feature is slated for launch or not. We ran a 2 hour tournament the other day and an iPad Air 2 went from 100% to 60% in that time. We'll have to see how it shakes out.

G, will AL end up like PL now?....?

Not in the foreseeable future. We still have a large team and grand plans for AL.

Is there any kind of confirmation email when you sign up for the newsletter?

I don't believe we send a confirmation email but I will check.

So will Beta testing be limited to a amount of people like they did in AL?

Closed Beta will be around 1000 folks.

Beta on iOS or Android? And what are the minimum requirements?

Still figuring it out, but we are anticipating Alpha and Beta on both iOS and Android. Not sure on min specs.

would u have lotterty system like oandc has with some gold u can spin it and it will help u to unlock character/skins or give u some other things?

Currently thinking not. We are striving for this to be completely fair for both payers and non-payers.

any open beta server?

Not yet. We'll get into Alpha in about 6 weeks (as a guess!

Who'll be able to play Alpha?

We'll invite some of our most prolific PvP'ers into Alpha.

Well, the abbreviation IS CoC, around here we just call it "Champs".

Hey i want ask question about character names.Name system will like in Arcane Legends ? or can we use numbers ?or caps on or off change names? like Apple and APple will different? like on Arcane Battlegrounds please dont make it just make name system like in Arcane Legends.

Lots of interest in this one. We'll get back to you with more specifics as we get closer to Alpha.

Great questions folks, keep 'em coming!

- g

Hectororius
02-26-2015, 09:55 AM
Curious if you will be implementing the twitch streaming and spectator mode features at a future date in to AL so that players can enjoy it there as well?

City
02-26-2015, 09:56 AM
Will there be something like an inspect page? Like say if i want to see how much wins my friends would have, would this be put into the game?

Justg
02-26-2015, 10:02 AM
Curious if you will be implementing the twitch streaming and spectator mode features at a future date in to AL so that players can enjoy it there as well?

I think they have plans for Twitch.tv broadcast (not sure where it fits into the roadmap though). Spectator Mode is a pretty large system, I don't see it happening in AL.

Will there be something like an inspect page? Like say if i want to see how much wins my friends would have, would this be put into the game?

Yes, you would be able to see some of their stats in-game. We are also planning for detailed stats to be displayed on the web.

Artoholics
02-26-2015, 10:12 AM
The question already came up but not answered... will there be skins we can purchase like in LoL that changes the skills and champs look or not ?

Justg
02-26-2015, 10:29 AM
The question already came up but not answered... will there be skins we can purchase like in LoL that changes the skills and champs look or not ?

Probably not shipping with skins, but a possibility in the future.

octavos
02-26-2015, 10:36 AM
So really this game is like pokemon lol... take you creatures to battle...then level them on the side. So really you are the trainer sending them out to fight, since there is spectators and twitch.tv So really if you don't like pokemon, this is a different take on it (I hope, I like pokemon also)... so this brings an interesting question..can you switch and buy new skills? and will there be candy for a pet "to level faster, or is that the premium account"?

MoloToha
02-26-2015, 10:57 AM
I have few questions to ask:
1) In the announcement, it was mentioned that economic aspects are removed. Does this mean that there will be no farming and things like lasthits/denies? If it is so, will there be any creeps?
2) Will there be any kinds of summons or any other things that involve micro? At the website some controllable Orbs of Death were mentioned, but I'm not exactly sure what they are and should we micro them.
3) Which hero pool system will be used: LoL-like, when there are only few free heroes available and pool changes every week, or DotA-like, when all heroes are available to pick at any time?
4) What happens if a 5-minute limit is exceeded? Will there be any kind of point system to indicate the winner in this case?
5) Will there be any punishments for people who abandon matches like low-priority matchmaking?

Opry
02-26-2015, 10:57 AM
why only 3v3 match if there are 5 classes?

Justg
02-26-2015, 10:59 AM
So really this game is like pokemon lol... take you creatures to battle...then level them on the side. So really you are the trainer sending them out to fight, since there is spectators and twitch.tv So really if you don't like pokemon, this is a different take on it (I hope, I like pokemon also)... so this brings an interesting question..can you switch and buy new skills? and will there be candy for a pet "to level faster, or is that the premium account"?

Pokemon is really just rolling dice to see how the battle resolves. You'll be interacting in real-time with Champs, so it is all about player skill. You will be able to respec your Champion to have different statistical pros and cons, but your skills will remain the essentially same, although you could customize to have a bigger AOE, faster cool down, etc.

Raregem
02-26-2015, 11:18 AM
The navigation bar forums tab is missing this forum in the drop down menu. You have to select view all forums to find this section. (Not a game question but I thought y'all would like to know it's missing)

Justg
02-26-2015, 11:27 AM
I have few questions to ask:
1) In the announcement, it was mentioned that economic aspects are removed. Does this mean that there will be no farming and things like lasthits/denies? If it is so, will there be any creeps?
2) Will there be any kinds of summons or any other things that involve micro? At the website some controllable Orbs of Death were mentioned, but I'm not exactly sure what they are and should we micro them.
3) Which hero pool system will be used: LoL-like, when there are only few free heroes available and pool changes every week, or DotA-like, when all heroes are available to pick at any time?
4) What happens if a 5-minute limit is exceeded? Will there be any kind of point system to indicate the winner in this case?
5) Will there be any punishments for people who abandon matches like low-priority matchmaking?

1) No farming or creeps. XP is the main currency in the game.
2) Summons don't involve micro, but there is some channelling in the game (specifically when you want to apply a buff to your team). You "push" the orbs towards the enemy towers to mitigate their damage. If you are within a certain radius, the ball moves with you. Two or more on the same team makes it go faster. Enemy players within the same radius negate your push.
3) No rotation fo Champs, but you do need to unlock them as you level up.
4) 5 minutes ends the match. Winner in this case is determined by Tower kills first, and Champ kills second.
5) Probably not going to punish people that drop, but we do have a full bot system that will take over for you in case you have to tag out (and you replace them when you tag back in, like if you get a phone call). So no more rage quitting!

why only 3v3 match if there are 5 classes?

Because 3 is the number that worked best... it is INTENSE!

octavos
02-26-2015, 11:28 AM
Pokemon is really just rolling dice to see how the battle resolves. You'll be interacting in real-time with Champs, so it is all about player skill. You will be able to respec your Champion to have different statistical pros and cons, but your skills will remain the essentially same, although you could customize to have a bigger AOE, faster cool down, etc.

Battles on pokemon are based on creature skill level. so of course a lv30 will kill a level 5 (also knowing those kinds of parings won't happen on your game). And of course the social aspect meaning a real person is controlling the other pet..much like Pokemon stadium. So there is skill there, so mix and matching skills would be better (not enhancing a bigger AOE, faster cool down, etc...its whats happening to all other sts games..leveling and keeping the same skills can get annoying fast). I don't want to buy a new pet, if I can adjust the one I already want...with other skills that other pets have. eg: in pokemon some water pets can have water skills/strength skills. (I want to make 1-3 better instead of having 200 mediocrely trained ones.)

Seems to me you buy one pet with a set skills...and if you want a better one you have to buy it/earn it...also with the set skills. I'm not trying to sound like the game is going to be bad, but there has to be a way/choice that if a player sticks with one-three awsome pets they love..I just don't want a bigger AoE...but a new skill that the pet can be enchanted with :)

thats what made pokemon great..the mix and matching of skills (like one pet become enchanted to become a newer pet ). and able to earn new ones..by buying them.

heres what I mean :)

Justg
02-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Battles on pokemon are based on creature skill level. so of course a lv30 will kill a level 5 (also knowing those kinds of parings won't happen on your game). And of course the social aspect meaning a real person is controlling the other pet..much like Pokemon stadium. So there is skill there, so mix and matching skills would be better (not enhancing a bigger AOE, faster cool down, etc...its whats happening to all other sts games..leveling and keeping the same skills can get annoying fast). I don't want to buy a new pet, if I can adjust the one I already want...with other skills that other pets have. eg: in pokemon some water pets can have water skills/strength skills. (I want to make 1-3 better instead of having 200 mediocrely trained ones.)

Seems to me you buy one pet with a set skills...and if you want a better one you have to buy it/earn it...also with the set skills. I'm not trying to sound like the game is going to be bad, but there has to be a way/choice that if a player sticks with one-three awsome pets they love..I just don't want a bigger AoE...but a new skill that the pet can be enchanted with :)

We're not making Pokemon. You should play it before making any judgement :)

octavos
02-26-2015, 11:32 AM
We're not making Pokemon. You should play it before making any judgement :)

Edited my post :) with a nice pic...and what I know about skills...this would help...and yes I'll try the game, and an invite to the alpha then would help make a judgement.

thx again for the chat G-Man...long live STG

Zylx
02-26-2015, 11:36 AM
We'll invite some of our most prolific PvP'ers into Alpha.

Including meh? ;)

Another question, will there be an economy for anything in the game? You said there'll be no gear, so is there anything tradable between players? And are the champs going to be customizable? Facial/Body features? Vanities?

toxorto
02-26-2015, 11:49 AM
Will there be any way we can communicate with our team we play? Like a voice chat? A lot of games have that option like Heroes of order and chaos (and generally almost every online gameloft game).

Justg
02-26-2015, 11:56 AM
Another question, will there be an economy for anything in the game? You said there'll be no gear, so is there anything tradable between players? And are the champs going to be customizable? Facial/Body features? Vanities?

Currently the economy is all about XP and levelling your Champs. Nothing tradable, no customizations (at launch). This is all about player skill and competition.

Will there be any way we can communicate with our team we play? Like a voice chat? A lot of games have that option like Heroes of order and chaos (and generally almost every online gameloft game).

The game is all about responsiveness, so we are currently not thinking about using any bandwidth for voice. You'll be able to communicate outside of matches with Chat, and inside with Pings. We imagine serious folks will be using their tablet to compete, which frees up their phones to communicate with each other while not interfering with game performance.

toxorto
02-26-2015, 12:01 PM
The game is all about responsiveness, so we are currently not thinking about using any bandwidth for voice. You'll be able to communicate outside of matches with Chat, and inside with Pings. We imagine serious folks will be using their tablet to compete, which frees up their phones to communicate with each other while not interfering with game performance.

Thats what I do in AL when I pvp with my best friend. XD

Btw thanks for the quick reply.

Zylx
02-26-2015, 12:09 PM
Will there be events too? Considering the fact that there is no gear, customization, PvE, etc. is there anything that will expand the game or is this just a release-everything-at-once kind of game? WYSIWYG?

Justg
02-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Will there be events too? Considering the fact that there is no gear, customization, PvE, etc. is there anything that will expand the game or is this just a release-everything-at-once kind of game? WYSIWYG?

We'll have a stream of new Champs we will be introducing. Skins are a likely prospect after launch as well.

Opry
02-26-2015, 12:31 PM
so. who will become the next Rogue?

two-face mage with creepy face. runnn

Zylx
02-26-2015, 12:33 PM
We'll have a stream of new Champs we will be introducing. Skins are a likely prospect after launch as well.
Thank you very much Mr. Gattis!

Final question: Are there going to be guilds/player organizations in the game? I hope not otherwise the game will be teaming up guilds vs guilds rather than teams vs teams like the CTF in AL.

angeldawn
02-26-2015, 01:01 PM

This is somewhat disappointing. No chat in the matches takes away from the social aspect and slightly inhibits the learning and training of players while in a match. I would
assume it also hinders team play for some.

This should eliminate the majority of trash talking which can be good.

Since the matches will only be 5 mins maybe the chat won't matter as much.

I guess we will have to see. :)

Justg
02-26-2015, 02:16 PM
This is somewhat disappointing. No chat in the matches takes away from the social aspect and slightly inhibits the learning and training of players while in a match. I would
assume it also hinders team play for some.

This should eliminate the majority of trash talking which can be good.

Since the matches will only be 5 mins maybe the chat won't matter as much.

I guess we will have to see. :)

You are right, it is a balance. No chat in the matches does significantly decrease the abuse and trash talk. And we will see!

Justg
02-26-2015, 02:29 PM
Are there going to be guilds/player organizations in the game? I hope not otherwise the game will be teaming up guilds vs guilds rather than teams vs teams like the CTF in AL.

Just Friends and Teams :)

MoloToha
02-26-2015, 02:54 PM
Is there any kind of a single building which you should destroy in order to win, or you should just simply destroy all towers? Or there is no way to end the match before the end of 5-minute term?

Daniel Santos
02-26-2015, 03:04 PM
there will be PC version ?

Carapace
02-26-2015, 03:09 PM
Is there any kind of a single building which you should destroy in order to win, or you should just simply destroy all towers? Or there is no way to end the match before the end of 5-minute term?

Yes, each team has a base that when destroyed result in an immediate end to the match.

Justg
02-26-2015, 03:10 PM
there will be PC version ?

No, there will not. It would not be fair to the mobile players, and this game is ALL about Mobile Competitive Gaming.

Transfordark
02-26-2015, 03:15 PM
Will there be an offline play mode?
Just curious, I know it is an online game

wvhills
02-26-2015, 03:46 PM
what happens when the 5 minutes is up and no one has won?

Carapace
02-26-2015, 03:59 PM
what happens when the 5 minutes is up and no one has won?

There is a scoring system based on Towers destroyed, and if those are tied it falls to who had the most kills, if the number of towers destroyed and the kills are the same I believe it determines winner based on overall damage dealt per team.

Carapace
02-26-2015, 04:01 PM
Will there be an offline play mode?
Just curious, I know it is an online game

It's still "online" I believe (JustG can correct me if I'm wrong), but there is a solo mode where you can play with bots for practice without other human players. I've used this personally internally testing to play around with specific characters and get a feel for combos and appropriate play strategies as best one can against AI opponents. Certainly helps build a bit of confidence with your chosen champions before hitting the field of battle!

Auso
02-26-2015, 04:03 PM
when will game be on play store? :O

Justg
02-26-2015, 04:07 PM
when will game be on play store? :O

Alpha in a few weeks, beta after that. I would guess mid-summer.

Trenton
02-26-2015, 05:25 PM
Alpha in a few weeks, beta after that. I would guess mid-summer.
Hey I know this is a tiny bit off topic... but what is the company's name? [emoji14] I know a while back it was changed to Spacetime Games, and people still called it Spacetime Studios/STS, but the website is still spacetimestudios.com and on the Call of Champions website, IGN, Tentonhammer, (I think) and other websites reviewing this game, they all call you guys Spacetime Studios [emoji14]

Also, I'm seeing that you guys are letting people at SXSW (I think) play Call of Champions, is that going to be considered the Alpha, or are you going to send invites to people from the STS community?

Xyzther
02-26-2015, 05:49 PM
Interesting... I will probably try this game

Justg
02-26-2015, 05:50 PM
Hey I know this is a tiny bit off topic... but what is the company's name? [emoji14] I know a while back it was changed to Spacetime Games, and people still called it Spacetime Studios/STS, but the website is still spacetimestudios.com and on the Call of Champions website, IGN, Tentonhammer, (I think) and other websites reviewing this game, they all call you guys Spacetime Studios [emoji14]

Also, I'm seeing that you guys are letting people at SXSW (I think) play Call of Champions, is that going to be considered the Alpha, or are you going to send invites to people from the STS community?

Not off topic, we tried a go at Spacetime Games when we were considering publishing external titles. It turns out that is a tough business too!

Spacetime Studios better fits who we are, so we're officially back to that. But we'll answer to either :)

SXSW is still pre-alpha. We'll send out invites some time after the show.

Jhawkeye
02-26-2015, 07:40 PM
What do we have to do to be on the receiving end of those invites? Old time players? Or players who spend their lives in game? Cuz I'm both

MercherofPL
02-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Sounds intresting, me being a big fan of MOBA games in general, I will give this one a shot.

Waug
02-26-2015, 11:48 PM
I was reading all of this, and noticed HOW sts learned from past, I mean from the older games and what people criticized over time, so ofc I think this gonna be an well polished game.

BTW, who'll be able to play alpha version?

Trenton
02-27-2015, 12:29 AM
Ok so maybe I skimmed over this, but

1. Is this cross platform (as in Android can play with Apple people) or are Android and iOS on two different servers?
2. Is there a sign-in like all the Legends games? Meaning I can play on my phone during the day, and log into my tablet during the night with the same progress?

Transfordark
02-27-2015, 07:07 AM
It's still "online" I believe (JustG can correct me if I'm wrong), but there is a solo mode where you can play with bots for practice without other human players. I've used this personally internally testing to play around with specific characters and get a feel for combos and appropriate play strategies as best one can against AI opponents. Certainly helps build a bit of confidence with your chosen champions before hitting the field of battle!

Oh ty :)

Argyros
02-27-2015, 07:57 AM
I was reading all of this, and noticed HOW sts learned from past, I mean from the older games and what people criticized over time, so ofc I think this gonna be an well polished game.

BTW, who'll be able to play alpha version?

Quoting Justg on page 4 or 5, "We'll invite some of our most prolific PvP'ers into Alpha."

Ok so maybe I skimmed over this, but

1. Is this cross platform (as in Android can play with Apple people) or are Android and iOS on two different servers?
2. Is there a sign-in like all the Legends games? Meaning I can play on my phone during the day, and log into my tablet during the night with the same progress?

1. Got this from a toucharcade article

"The idea for the game is that it will try to distill down MOBA mechanics into bite-size portions. There are no item shops, no minions, nor jungles. You start off with all your powers, though you can pick up powerups. You'll fight other players online in real-time with support for cross-platform multiplayer, and Spacetime's promising around 20 characters at launch with up to 40 down the road. And there will be no pay-to-win mechanics, you'll just be able to speed up the unlocking of other characters."

So crossplatform, aka apple will play with android ect. Its already been said that you will be uniquely identified, and you will have champion progression, so I'd assume there is a login. Correct me if I'm wrong.

programmed
02-27-2015, 08:56 AM
Will this be available on all apple and android mobile devices? I had bought a new tablet a few months back and some of the games I had played (specifically every MOBA I had played) were not compatible with the new tablet.

Ignitedmage
02-27-2015, 10:58 AM
Will this game be plat-based or it will require less plat like PL?

Argyros
02-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Will this be available on all apple and android mobile devices? I had bought a new tablet a few months back and some of the games I had played (specifically every MOBA I had played) were not compatible with the new tablet.

From what I know, it will be on all mobile. No chrome/PC though.

Will this game be plat-based or it will require less plat like PL?

Totally F2P. Although apparently there will be a subscription that you can buy with plat. This will offer certain perks.

Guys really, before you post, skim through the previous pages.

MoloToha
02-27-2015, 01:10 PM
How to enter beta-testing?

bglir
02-27-2015, 02:24 PM
My really big concern here is Ping, people like me halfway across the globe and others too in other parts of the world can they be fast enough? will this fast paced game will be fare enough to others in term of speed? i know skills plays a factor but if your ping is high, how you will be fast enough to respond? delay and high ping always kills the fun in fair competition.

Justg
02-27-2015, 03:29 PM
My really big concern here is Ping, people like me halfway across the globe and others too in other parts of the world can they be fast enough? will this fast paced game will be fare enough to others in term of speed? i know skills plays a factor but if your ping is high, how you will be fast enough to respond? delay and high ping always kills the fun in fair competition.

Excellent question! We're currently planning on single server-set, like AL. Depending on popularity/ demand/ performance, we can scale up more local servers. We'll find out a lot more in Alpha.

Bustomi Kiljoys
02-28-2015, 08:26 AM
pls support google chrom i wanna play with my pc vga nvidia make awesome quality :victorious:

Justg
02-28-2015, 09:21 AM
pls support google chrom i wanna play with my pc vga nvidia make awesome quality :victorious:

Sorry, this title will not be on PC, it is specifically for mobile competitive gaming.

Forsait
02-28-2015, 02:54 PM
Will be there gold or items and can we change heroes or we must buy them?

Prosecuted
02-28-2015, 06:27 PM

thats what made pokemon great..the mix and matching of skills (like one pet become enchanted to become a newer pet ). and able to earn new ones..by buying them.

heres what I mean :)

You do realize how many games relate to Pokemon in this sense, right?

Booked
02-28-2015, 09:07 PM
This will be playable in any kind of android device? I mean Cell phone and Tablet

angeldawn
03-01-2015, 11:17 AM
A few more quick questions.

1) In the TrentonHammer article it said tap to move. Will this game not have a virtual joystick option?

2) I'm assuming it won't have screen rotation. Is this correct?

3) Will it be like other Mobas where the same Champ can't be played by two players on the same team?

4) Since its 3v3 will the classes be limited to one class per game? So it's not one team of all tanks?

Question 3 and 4 are some what important. If you plan to play with friends you may need to have several Champs leveled to be able to play with different friends.

Jenzz
03-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Will the game support the languages other than English?

octavos
03-02-2015, 10:28 AM
You do realize how many games relate to Pokemon in this sense, right?

You do realize that you are preaching to the choir lol.

heres a link for people interested.
http://gameslikefinder.com/games-like-pokemon/

anyway I cant think of anything else for this thread..but I am curious how the "xp" is the main currency for the game.

External
03-02-2015, 10:52 AM
What is MOBA? Lol sry for asking

Carapace
03-02-2015, 04:39 PM

1) In the TrentonHammer article it said tap to move. Will this game not have a virtual joystick option?

2) I'm assuming it won't have screen rotation. Is this correct?

3) Will it be like other Mobas where the same Champ can't be played by two players on the same team?

4) Since its 3v3 will the classes be limited to one class per game? So it's not one team of all tanks?

Question 3 and 4 are some what important. If you plan to play with friends you may need to have several Champs leveled to be able to play with different friends.

I'm still actively developing on AL so I don't know the answer to a couple of these questions, but I can answer some!

1) Yes it is tap to move, and does not have a virtual joystick. The logic here is around visibility in during play, having a thumb over 1/3 of the screen the whole time doesn't play well and tap to play handles the immediacy involved with split second changes in decision making mid battle. It feels really great!

2) It does have screen rotation, though it never conflicts with play in my experience

Rx8
03-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Sorry, this title will not be on PC, it is specifically for mobile competitive gaming.

So will the game know if a person is using a PC? People can actually play some mobile restricted games on PCs.

Titanfall
03-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Few quick questions
Will this game have a rank system?
Or will ranks be based on competitive skill rating?
Will it have a KDR?
Really excited for this ^.^

Rx8
03-03-2015, 04:32 AM

Yes, only PCs are the exceptions...

angeldawn
03-03-2015, 09:24 AM
I'm still actively developing on AL so I don't know the answer to a couple of these questions, but I can answer some!

1) Yes it is tap to move, and does not have a virtual joystick. The logic here is around visibility in during play, having a thumb over 1/3 of the screen the whole time doesn't play well and tap to play handles the immediacy involved with split second changes in decision making mid battle. It feels really great!

2) It does have screen rotation, though it never conflicts with play in my experience

Thanks Carapace!!
I love that it will have screen rotation!

That makes sense to not have a joystick on the phones. maybe a joystick on/off option can be added for tablet versions. It's one thing I miss when playing other mobile MOBAS.

Justg
03-03-2015, 09:53 AM
Thanks Carapace!!
I love that it will have screen rotation!

I am sorry to contradict, but the game does not have camera rotation as you see it in PL. It is for similar reasons that we left it out of AL (the art assets are built to be viewed from one side only). This is to maximize the performance of a competitive game. I know Angeldawn, I love camera rotation too, but it really did not make sense in this game.

Few quick questions
Will this game have a rank system?
Or will ranks be based on competitive skill rating?
Will it have a KDR?
Really excited for this ^.^

Yes ranking system and ranked play, with KDAs tracked on everyone, as well as a host of other stats.

BTW, I am out at GDC, and yesterday I was showing it to a group of mobile gaming execs. Here are some of their responses:

"This is the coolest thing I have ever seen!"
"You just blew my mind!"
"Thank you. Thank you for finally doing this."
One guy immediately gave me his resume.
One guy just gave me a hug. It was Klaas (yes, that Klaas).

Titanfall
03-03-2015, 11:02 AM
I am sorry to contradict, but the game does not have camera rotation as you see it in PL. It is for similar reasons that we left it out of AL (the art assets are built to be viewed from one side only). This is to maximize the performance of a competitive game. I know Angeldawn, I love camera rotation too, but it really did not make sense in this game.

Yes ranking system and ranked play, with KDAs tracked on everyone, as well as a host of other stats.

BTW, I am out at GDC, and yesterday I was showing it to a group of mobile gaming execs. Here are some of their responses:

"This is the coolest thing I have ever seen!"
"You just blew my mind!"
"Thank you. Thank you for finally doing this."
One guy immediately gave me his resume.
One guy just gave me a hug. It was Klaas (yes, that Klaas).
Thank you! How will the search filter work? Will it search based on skill level (opponents with similar skill) or will it search for anyone?

I showed some friends the trailer and explained the concept, they said if its enjoyable they'll move from LoL [emoji14]

D-:
03-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Will this game have a certain "skin" or cosmetic for the founding players?

Will this game have titles for your specific character for unlocking certain achievements? Ex. "Tower Destroyer! Destroy X amount of towers! [Grants Title: The Destroyer]"

Also, from your pre-alpha screenshots, this game does in fact look like it will have camera rotation? Maybe you will fix this as it comes closer to beta?

Castellann
03-04-2015, 04:25 AM

No gear? nice news!

UnderAgeKids
03-04-2015, 05:16 AM
Sounds like heroes of order and chaos by gameloft.pretty cool.

Rx8
03-04-2015, 05:40 AM
wat

Well, it isnt Carapace's fault anyways. He's a AL dev only. It's only some developers making up Champs. Not much, but still a significant amount of devs making it up.

VROOMIGoRealFast
03-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Hey Everyone! I'm jumping in here to help JustG and Carapace with some of these questions. I'm one of the lucky guys who gets to work on Call of Champions!

Thank you! How will the search filter work? Will it search based on skill level (opponents with similar skill) or will it search for anyone?

I showed some friends the trailer and explained the concept, they said if its enjoyable they'll move from LoL [emoji14]

While the match search filter isn't completely set in stone yet, we will definitely try to get you into matches that will be fun and competitive!

Will this game have a certain "skin" or cosmetic for the founding players?

Will this game have titles for your specific character for unlocking certain achievements? Ex. "Tower Destroyer! Destroy X amount of towers! [Grants Title: The Destroyer]"

Also, from your pre-alpha screenshots, this game does in fact look like it will have camera rotation? Maybe you will fix this as it comes closer to beta?

Currently planned for launch is game only, but including cosmetic items or achievements is something that could come later.

Call of Champions does not have in game camera rotation as JustG mentioned. You can zoom in and out which could cause the camera to appear slightly different. Our current Spectator mode does have it's own camera, so if you see screenshots that appear very different, one could have been taken with the Spectator camera.

To fill in answers for these questions:

3 - This isn't completely decided yet whether we will allow the same Champion on both teams. We like it in some ways, we don't like it in other ways. It's even possible some modes would allow it while others wouldn't. We want to make sure that players can quickly find a game to play while still retaining a strategic and competitive aspect.

4 - You are currently not limited to one class per game. In our office play many teams have doubled up on tanks, mages, or assassins for various reasons. If you go into a game by yourself though, we plan to do our best to put you on a competitive team, which will likely mean we won't place you onto a team of all tanks =P

wat

To briefly add onto this a little, you will not level up during an individual match like you do in traditional MOBAs, but your champions will have a level that increases by gaining XP from matches!

D-:
03-04-2015, 07:55 PM
Hey Everyone! I'm jumping in here to help JustG and Carapace with some of these questions. I'm one of the lucky guys who gets to work on Call of Champions!

While the match search filter isn't completely set in stone yet, we will definitely try to get you into matches that will be fun and competitive!

Currently planned for launch is game only, but including cosmetic items or achievements is something that could come later.

Call of Champions does not have in game camera rotation as JustG mentioned. You can zoom in and out which could cause the camera to appear slightly different. Our current Spectator mode does have it's own camera, so if you see screenshots that appear very different, one could have been taken with the Spectator camera.

3 - This isn't completely decided yet whether we will allow the same Champion on both teams. We like it in some ways, we don't like it in other ways. It's even possible some modes would allow it while others wouldn't. We want to make sure that players can quickly find a game to play while still retaining a strategic and competitive aspect.

4 - You are currently not limited to one class per game. In our office play many teams have doubled up on tanks, mages, or assassins for various reasons. If you go into a game by yourself though, we plan to do our best to put you on a competitive team, which will likely mean we won't place you onto a team of all tanks =P

To briefly add onto this a little, you will not level up during an individual match like you do in traditional MOBAs, but your champions will have a level that increases by gaining XP from matches!

I'm thinking youre a car enthusiast because of your forum name? :D

angeldawn
03-04-2015, 08:19 PM

Wow Vroom! I don't think I've seen you around since the gaming marathon. Great to know you are working on Champs!

Thanks for the detailed response and hard work on the game.

Irishcow
03-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Will you give like a founder's helm for this game? Want to know:)

curvature
03-06-2015, 06:44 PM
looks great but for real... does that one character need to show that much cleavage!? Seriously I know you're trying to attract the mens market and all but come on! I would really like to play this but if my mother saw me playing it and 'that' showed up on the screen... she'd end me.

Irishcow
03-06-2015, 10:24 PM
looks great but for real... does that one character need to show that much cleavage!? Seriously I know you're trying to attract the mens market and all but come on! I would really like to play this but if my mother saw me playing it and 'that' showed up on the screen... she'd end me.
ROFL!:playful:

D-:
03-09-2015, 09:58 AM

That's funny, lol.

If you're mother gets mad just because of cleavage in a video game, just don't play it.

Ravager
03-09-2015, 04:23 PM

Zoom out

City
03-10-2015, 06:09 PM
looks great but for real... does that one character need to show that much
cleavage!? Seriously I know you're trying to attract the mens market and all but come on! I would really like to play this but if my mother saw me playing it and 'that' showed up on the screen... she'd end me.

one time i was playing the kim kardashian game and my mom came in and saw my character (she was super hot) and she punched me in the face took my phone and grounded me.

Madfisho
03-14-2015, 07:19 PM
@JustG @Remiem May I Please Please Please Test In Alpha Or Beta! PLEASE! Ty:)

Sent from my pocket legends account MADFISHO,MAXGOLDMERCH,YOUTELL,UNMERCHIFUL,MERCHIFU L

Madfisho
03-14-2015, 07:24 PM
@justG @Remiem will there be Elixers? Will the be a currency EG. Gold? Will the be pets? Will there be guilds? What is cap?

Sent from my pocket legends account MADFISHO,MAXGOLDMERCH,YOUTELL,UNMERCHIFUL,MERCHIFU L

End
03-15-2015, 02:54 PM
I guess its time to become a prolific PvPer

Doesnt sound to hard.

Endy

SaltyMcSwag
03-16-2015, 02:46 PM
Two quick questions: 1. When can we expect to see Alpha/Beta release for the select few and public? 2. When will we see another tournament such as the one at SXSW?

Glorbuk
03-16-2015, 07:13 PM
Will Spacetime Insiders have an opportunity to participate in Alpha or Beta? I understand that Star Legends, which I play, will not be updated, and I would like to take any chance I can get to participate in more Spacetime games, and this new game would give me an opportunity to try something new. I would definitely like to play a pre-launch version.

Conquered
03-17-2015, 04:58 AM
what was the minimum requirements to play this game in iOS/Android?

End
03-17-2015, 12:20 PM
Aye, That would be helpful aswell.

kurtzildjiansantos
03-17-2015, 10:11 PM
Hey guys 2 Questions-
1-Is The Cool game free if it is i would be pretty happy
2-Can we play multiplayer and chat/signals/etc in the game?

THX JUSTG AND STS

SaltyMcSwag
03-17-2015, 10:21 PM
This game is free, and there is multiplayer. The only thing they are working on is the chat feature, which they had a lot of suggestions at sxsw.

Bishma Devkota
03-18-2015, 10:15 PM
How can we get in beta test? Can you give us more information about beta test?

SaltyMcSwag
03-18-2015, 11:10 PM
How can we get in beta test? Can you give us more information about beta test?

The beta test is a while off from now, from the info I have right now. I assume the beta will start off closed and eventually open to the public.

Remiem
03-19-2015, 03:04 PM
Two quick questions: 1. When can we expect to see Alpha/Beta release for the select few and public? 2. When will we see another tournament such as the one at SXSW?

I don't have the official date for the alpha/beta tests yet, but they are coming right up. With only a few months until Summer we're ready to get testing into gear! To answer your other question, SXSW was the first time we had run an event of that nature. It was incredibly validating to get the kind of reception we did! With it being as much a hit as it was, I imagine we will definitely be having more events like this in the future. PLUS, without giving too much away, once the game launches tournaments are going to be a major component in CoC and the CoC Community.

Xradioactiv
03-22-2015, 06:59 AM
This probably will be the best MOBA game of the year for android devices :) i rly wait to play that game ^^ i wanna ask if we can name our hero how we want,for example i wanna take the name CoC and another player want to take CoC too,is possible to do that?

Artoholics
03-22-2015, 07:15 AM
This probably will be the best MOBA game of the year for android devices :) i rly wait to play that game ^^ i wanna ask if we can name our hero how we want,for example i wanna take the name CoC and another player want to take CoC too,is possible to do that?
Yes it is possible (answered like 100 times)

Xradioactiv
03-22-2015, 07:16 AM
Yes it is possible (answered like 100 times)
Don't saw :)) ty

Artoholics
03-22-2015, 07:17 AM
Btw STS I watched a few videos about CoC and I'm wondering how we controll the "Orb of death" or how this ball is called.
Is it just so that the tower attacking team controlls it or different ?

SaltyMcSwag
03-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Btw STS I watched a few videos about CoC and I'm wondering how we controll the "Orb of death" or how this ball is called.
Is it just so that the tower attacking team controlls it or different ?

To control that, you just simply stand in the aura around the orb and it will move and act on its own. Pro Tip: Let the orb destroy turrets if they're low, it grants 10000 points instead of 5000.

Kyle Holmes
03-23-2015, 01:03 PM
What would be really cool is if you could make it where if you have headphones connected to could talk to other players :)

SaltyMcSwag
03-23-2015, 07:37 PM
What would be really cool is if you could make it where if you have headphones connected to could talk to other players :)

That's a great idea, stg should definitely look into it.

Wazakesy
03-24-2015, 07:40 AM

true, durin my old days in AL - In PvE if someone got muted, I'd use skype all dayyy loong with my friends xD

VROOMIGoRealFast
03-24-2015, 02:04 PM
To control that, you just simply stand in the aura around the orb and it will move and act on its own. Pro Tip: Let the orb destroy turrets if they're low, it grants 10000 points instead of 5000.

Sorry to poke in Salty, but your Pro Tip is incorrect =P. The orb only receives as many points as a Champion would for destroying a turret. If you saw an orb being given 10,000 points during the SxSW build, it's because the orb got credit for 2 turret kills.

That said, leaving the orb at an enemy turret is a great strategy to deal some extra damage while you're not around!

Rninjas
03-24-2015, 03:59 PM
when does this come out?

Kyle Holmes
03-24-2015, 04:55 PM
Summer of this year i think, hopefully sooner because i wanna play this game so bad

SaltyMcSwag
03-24-2015, 06:44 PM
Summer of this year i think, hopefully sooner because i wanna play this game so bad

Full release is planned for summer, although Alpha is coming soon for a closed few and then Beta should open up soon after with a wider range of invites.

Kyle Holmes
03-24-2015, 06:53 PM
Full release is planned for summer, although Alpha is coming soon for a closed few and then Beta should open up soon after with a wider range of invites.
How would i get an invite for the beta, would love to give this ago and give my input on it

Castellann
03-25-2015, 05:00 AM
How would i get an invite for the beta, would love to give this ago and give my input on it

As mentioned 1,000 times already, only active AL pvp players will get an Alpha test invitation (either the players of ‪#‎SXSWGaming‬ , like Salty) . L8r STS will share Beta test link with more ppl. We all want to get invitation on Alpha, so i can understand your hurry :topsy_turvy:

Kyle Holmes
03-25-2015, 05:04 AM
As mentioned 1,000 times already, only active AL pvp players will get an Alpha test invitation (either the players who got pesonal invitation coz of ‪#‎SXSWGaming‬ , like Salty) . L8r STS will share Beta test link with more ppl. We all want to get invitation on Alpha, so i can understand your hurry :topsy_turvy:
Well since im new i have not seen the other thousand and one times its been mentioned and find this tapatalk hard to navigate or i would have searched it. I was asking a simple question, all i wanted was a simple answer.

Castellann
03-25-2015, 05:35 AM
Well since im new i have not seen the other thousand and one times its been mentioned and find this tapatalk hard to navigate or i would have searched it. I was asking a simple question, all i wanted was a simple answer.

Welcome! :bee:

just a lot of ppl ask the same :p

Mkthekiller
03-25-2015, 07:35 AM
Will the game be available for laptops, pcs or is it only going to be for android, IOS operating systems..?
One more questions, in this game there are not going to be any problem for newbies...like in AL the gears for PvP are expensive for newbies, I think here it won't be so..right?
It is only your skills and experience??

Kyle Holmes
03-25-2015, 08:08 AM
Will the game be available for laptops, pcs or is it only going to be for android, IOS operating systems..?
One more questions, in this game there are not going to be any problem for newbies...like in AL the gears for PvP are expensive for newbies, I think here it won't be so..right?
It is only your skills and experience??

I have read somewhere on here that it will only be for mobile/pads and it is ganna be crossplatform, games like these are all skill based which i love

Ignitedmage
03-25-2015, 09:03 AM
Is now STG have decided when this game will launch and we could play?

I just want to play that game now, i have seen so many trials and starting to love it :)

Castellann
03-25-2015, 09:34 AM
Is now STG have decided when this game will launch and we could play?

I just want to play that game now, i have seen so many trials and starting to love it :)

probably July 2015

Ignitedmage
03-25-2015, 10:02 AM
probably July 2015

Nuuuuuuuuu thats so much time, i hate it :O

Gladius
03-25-2015, 10:52 AM
will be required to buy champions?

Kyle Holmes
03-25-2015, 01:22 PM
You most prob could buy heros with money but only if you wanted them early.my guess is that they will have ingame currency you get from winning games so you can buy heros that way

SaltyMcSwag
03-25-2015, 06:15 PM
will be required to buy champions?
You will never have to buy items in game with real life money that others can't get buy playing for free. That is what STG has said.

Snacking
03-26-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm guessing pl (my favorite sts game) will be completely forgotten now... Just wondering, will there be items and gold and everything and stuff like the consignment shop in call of champions?

Kyle Holmes
03-26-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm guessing pl (my favorite sts game) will be completely forgotten now... Just wondering, will there be items and gold and everything and stuff like the consignment shop in call of champions?
I dont think so

represents
03-26-2015, 04:53 PM
i will rekt in this game >:)

SaltyMcSwag
03-26-2015, 07:02 PM
i will rekt in this game >:)

Not as much as me sweetie. <3 Check that top ten though, #1.

Waug
03-27-2015, 09:12 PM
^ it is pretty ez to get to the very top when someone play among very few, its like being local champion. The game is global :)

SaltyMcSwag
03-27-2015, 09:51 PM
^ it is pretty ez to get to the very top when someone play among very few, its like being local champion. The game is global :)

Of course it's global, but as it stands currently, I'm in the #1 Team in the world as they've only showcased at SXSW.

Waug
03-28-2015, 08:25 AM
Of course it's global, but as it stands currently, I'm in the #1 Team in the world as they've only showcased at SXSW.
Lol, b happy with that nobody interupting with that but it like saying 'hey I'm world champion in my locality' it would b still meaningful.

Castellann
03-28-2015, 10:35 AM

it's too global XD

Snacking
03-28-2015, 09:55 PM
1 important question!
Will there be gold and gear/gear upgrades in this game?
Also will there be trading and consignment shops?

Castellann
03-29-2015, 12:07 AM
1 important question!
Will there be gold and gear/gear upgrades in this game?
Also will there be trading and consignment shops?
no gear, no gold, no cs etc.

marfibagheera
03-29-2015, 09:32 AM
Can we choose with who r we gonna fight like- vs bots or only real players?

Justg
03-29-2015, 09:56 AM
Can we choose with who r we gonna fight like- vs bots or only real players?

Yes, you will be able to set up custom matches.

Kyle Holmes
03-29-2015, 12:14 PM
I think all games like these have bots so you can practice with a champion before you go in ranked games

Booked
03-30-2015, 01:34 AM
So far there isn't an exact release date? :(

Imobster
03-30-2015, 10:43 AM
Is there gonna be any items people who play the game releasing date that we can aquire sort off like arcane legends? Since we can customize our characters?

Erebos
03-30-2015, 12:22 PM
i will be waiting for this game also looks awosom

Trenton
03-30-2015, 11:10 PM
So far there isn't an exact release date? :(
Honestly I think that it's better to not have a release date, because if they make one now, and the game isn't "ready," they'll have to either release it full of bugs, or furthermore disappoint people by postponing the release of it.

Cascade
03-31-2015, 03:18 PM
So, this is like DOTA then?

Will it have towers, minions, jungle NPC's, stores?

Will you level up in each game, then it resets the next game you play?

How many playable characters?

Does each character have unique skills?

How hard has it been to balance everything thus far? (I'm assuming it's been harder than previously since there are most likely many more characters than previous STS games.)

What are you doing to increase the depth of this game, seeing that the matches are only 5 minutes long?

My apologies if these questions have already been answered, I didn't have the strength to read through every page.

When is Alpha and how does one go about participating?

(Also, hello, JustG and Cinco)

Kyle Holmes
03-31-2015, 04:44 PM

How hard has it been to balance everything thus far? (I'm assuming it's been harder than previously since there are most likely many more characters than previous STS games.)

What are you doing to increase the depth of this game, seeing that the matches are only 5 minutes long?

My apologies if these questions have already been answered, I didn't have the strength to read through every page.

When is Alpha and how does one go about participating?

(Also, hello, JustG and Cinco)
I'll answer the questions I can. Yes its a bit like dota in some sense and no you won't have minions or NPC's. There is an orb that each team trys to push onto the other teams towers that helps you destroy them faster. The other questions I'll leave for someone that knows more about the game

VROOMIGoRealFast
03-31-2015, 05:30 PM
Call of Champions is a branching out of the MoBA formula, but specifically designed for the mobile environment.

There are towers, 4 per side. There are no minions, instead we have an orb that can be pushed similar to how a minion wave could be and once pushed to an enemy turret will decrease the turret's damage dealt and will slowly deal damage to the turret. There are no jungle NPCs, but there are powerups that can be shared to teammates. There is no store inside a match as there are no items to buy during a match.

There is no leveling up during the match, leveling up will take place outside of the matches. Any levels and unlocks earned will be permanent.

For SxSW we had 13 playable Champions, but we are actively expanding that roster!

Every Champions has unique skills and passives designed to make them interesting and fun.

Balance has been a fun task, it involves a lot of math and testing.

Even though the match is only 5 minutes, there's still an idea of an early game and late game which adjust what strategies might be best, what risky tactics suddenly become necessary, and what usually safe tactics take too much time.

My replies are inline with your quote!

happyfatty
04-01-2015, 07:32 AM
In CoC there won't be any guilds, friend list system or at least a place to hang on and relax after an arena fight? :)

Castellann
04-01-2015, 10:59 AM
In CoC there won't be any guilds, friend list system or at least a place to hang on and relax after an arena fight? :)

i think no

ClumsyCactus
04-04-2015, 04:54 PM

GOTTA STOP YOU THERE!
No trahstalking pokemon allowed on this forums XD
Pokemon is a thinking game, check out last years vgc finals to know why lol.
(Yeah i got your point just wanted to point that out)
Also, keep me in mind when you pick alpha and beta players XD
I may have a negative kdr in AL, but I'm pretty good if i can say so myself lmao
Anyway, enough with the joking, and for my questions...

1. So, to make it clear, you level INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONS, not DURING matches, but the matches gives the champion xp?
2. Will this respec Cost,and what currency? Because as it was in AL before, it was almost impossible for a noob like me without any free-platinum offers to respec...
3. What will be every Champions Max level?
4. Will the alpha and beta players keep their testing accounts when the game starts, and therefore get a headstart?
5. Will your win/loss and kill/Death ratio show? Because i hate KDR lovers Who doesnt help because they dont want to be killed...
6. Will there be a team-chat during play, or how are you expecting random teams to make a strategy, or make friends that they add with the social feature of the game?
7. The social part of the game seems a bit lacking, so you would have to get friends from other games or in real life to be in Your custom "teams" right?
8. Is there a such thing as guilds so you could actually get a team that is not random, because I really hate going random...

Artoholics
04-05-2015, 10:36 AM
Will there follow some class reviews like the tank one ? I'd really like to see what champs/abilities the specific classes will have

VROOMIGoRealFast
04-06-2015, 11:54 AM

1. So, to make it clear, you level INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONS, not DURING matches, but the matches gives the champion xp?
Yes, this is correct. You level individual champions, and exp is rewarded after a match is over.
2. Will this respec Cost,and what currency? Because as it was in AL before, it was almost impossible for a noob like me without any free-platinum offers to respec...
There will be a cost for a respec, it is our intent though that players can respec fairly easily by playing the game.
The planned max level of Champions is level 10
4. Will the alpha and beta players keep their testing accounts when the game starts, and therefore get a headstart?
I can't give official word on this one yet!
5. Will your win/loss and kill/Death ratio show? Because i hate KDR lovers Who doesnt help because they dont want to be killed...
There will be plenty of stats recorded for players and we hope to show off some of these for your viewing pleasure. In terms of those who worry so much about their KDR, it will be important to take part in fights in order to win, so dying becomes much less important than winning the match in the first place!
6. Will there be a team-chat during play, or how are you expecting random teams to make a strategy, or make friends that they add with the social feature of the game?
This is one of our biggest challenges, and while we don't have a specific feature for me to brag about yet, we are very committed to making communication possible for players.
7. The social part of the game seems a bit lacking, so you would have to get friends from other games or in real life to be in Your custom "teams" right?
Just through playing by yourself, you will have the chance to meet new people who are your teammates or enemies! You'll be able to then add those players to your friends list and the magical spark of friendship can blossom!
8. Is there a such thing as guilds so you could actually get a team that is not random, because I really hate going random
There will be ways for you to define who you play with, both on your team and your opposing team. This ability won't be available for all game modes though.

Waug
04-06-2015, 12:28 PM
Game chat function is one of the biggest social aspect and it should not be eliminated in fear of people may abuse it, it would be like saying don't go to road, road accident can kill you or don't use internet cause you may get cyber bullied, so that's not the solution. Rather make it customizable so that player can enable chat, disable chat, filtering etc.

Well again, when we'll alpha? Ofc if it's not happening silently and secretly.....

Artoholics
04-06-2015, 12:30 PM
If you would only have a teamchat wouldn't many trashtalk problems coz arguing with team members while fight is...not very lets say smart lol...ofc there will sometimes be people calling: "noob go away you learn how to play" but that will always be when a chat is there.

ClumsyCactus
04-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Yes, this is correct. You level individual champions, and exp is rewarded after a match is over.
There will be a cost for a respec, it is our intent though that players can respec fairly easily by playing the game.
The planned max level of Champions is level 10
I can't give official word on this one yet!
There will be plenty of stats recorded for players and we hope to show off some of these for your viewing pleasure. In terms of those who worry so much about their KDR, it will be important to take part in fights in order to win, so dying becomes much less important than winning the match in the first place!
This is one of our biggest challenges, and while we don't have a specific feature for me to brag about yet, we are very committed to making communication possible for players.
Just through playing by yourself, you will have the chance to meet new people who are your teammates or enemies! You'll be able to then add those players to your friends list and the magical spark of friendship can blossom!
8. Is there a such thing as guilds so you could actually get a team that is not random, because I really hate going random
There will be ways for you to define who you play with, both on your team and your opposing team. This ability won't be available for all game modes though.

Thanks for answering all of my questions, my suggestion on question 6 to give people time to make a strategy is to add a pre-game lobby Where you can see what Champions your teammates pick, and maybe chat with them for a minute or something about strategy really quick.
That would still make strategy during game difficult, if you are loosing and need to do something crazy to have a chance the teammates wouldnt know, but atleast you can set up a Quick strategy before game.
Although it would be kind of like league of legends, Where everyone always screams what lane they want to go, but atleast you give people a chance to strategize

Waug
04-07-2015, 11:16 AM
Twitch broadcasting will be there in this app. I suggest to make it possible to record game and save it to SD option too, it would be great for us who make gameplay videos for YouTube. I don't think devs have to work much extra as it already would have game record and stream function.

Taking it to one step further, Bitrate, fps customization of recording would be cool.

Roberto077
04-07-2015, 09:16 PM
A few questions on general gameplay info:

1.) Since this is PvP exclusive game, will the action-response delay that happens in AL be present in matches? Or will the combat feel more fluid like Smite, League of Legends, Heroes of Order & Chaos, etc?

2.) Will the game feature skill shots (completely non-targeted abilities that require aiming and predictions?

3.) Will RNG/luck based stats like dodge %, hit %, and crit % still have presence in the game, or will abilities and passives feature brief moments where you have 100% dodge chance, 100% crit chance, or 100% miss chance (from silences and blinds)?

4.) Will this essentially be a Solstice Arena game?

Cascade
04-08-2015, 08:49 AM
I'm very interested in what the map will look like.

Are you still tweaking the map and making changes, or is it in stone?

Are there areas where you can flank/gank?

Vystirch
04-08-2015, 10:22 PM
All I rly care about is whether or not there will be support characters. It was my only downfall with AL that I couldn't play a character designed to support others.

Please tell me there will be supports, in any MMO or MOBA that I have ever played I have always gravitated to playing in these roles.

-Vys

Edit: Finally found my way to http://www.callofchampions.com/ and looked at the 40 champs you had us vote on. Glad to see that even in a short 5min matched game that there is a place for supports.

Tiger / FeedTigers
04-09-2015, 12:33 AM
Any way can u reserve the name Tiger for me? Or no [emoji30]

Fractite
04-09-2015, 02:02 AM
Are there gonna be Regional, National and World Championships of this game if it gets popular enough?

Artoholics
04-09-2015, 11:37 AM
Any way can u reserve the name Tiger for me? Or no [emoji30]
Everyone can take the name he wants...theres a unlimited number of every name ^^

Madnex
04-10-2015, 12:04 PM
I have a question about champions. Was Hardok inspired by the titans from Shadow of the Colossus? It was an enjoyable game. :)

Pixiex
04-11-2015, 03:48 PM
It may have been covered in this thread already, I've probably missed it:

Will people be able to create/join a guild?

Thanks!

Flore
04-11-2015, 04:45 PM
will it b good

GreenLord
04-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Can it be playable on devices on iOS 5 and lower?
I don't wanna play on my tiny iPhone 4

Vystirch
04-11-2015, 10:22 PM
will it b good

Does this even need to be answered? If you have aver played any of spacetime's previous titles you should understand that everthing they make is "good". "Good" meaning supercalifragelisticxpealidociously awesome and solid peices of gaming content.
-Vys

Maunyabastian
04-12-2015, 08:19 AM
Sooo, has anyone confirmed the exact releasement date of this game?

I'll mark my calendar, so I can be one of the first ones to play and register as many unique names as I want.

Artoholics
04-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Sooo, has anyone confirmed the exact releasement date of this game?

I'll mark my calendar, so I can be one of the first ones to play and register as many unique names as I want.
There wont be unique names :)

Maunyabastian
04-12-2015, 11:08 AM
There wont be unique names :)

Please answer my question.

And, how do you know that?

Artoholics
04-12-2015, 11:09 AM
Please answer my question.

And, how do you know that?
No theres no date and i know it coz it was topic of thousands post on this thread...the answers are always the same
Edit: you should first look if somebody asked ur question before instead lf spamming this thread with the same question over and over

notfaded1
04-20-2015, 11:43 AM
Unfortunately no... which means in addition there won't but as much community in the game at least... I think it's just the difference between MMORPG and MOBA. We'll see.

Vystirch
04-20-2015, 03:50 PM
Unfortunately no... which means in addition there won't but as much community in the game at least... I think it's just the difference between MMORPG and MOBA. We'll see.

Wherever there is competition there is community. That being said there is no standing around and just chatting...

-Vys

Phrantic
04-22-2015, 09:15 PM
I'm so excited to play this game

Maunyabastian
04-23-2015, 10:01 AM
Is this MOBA game will have similarity with League of Legends? Map? Gameplay?
But sadly, it's not on PC. :hopelessness:

IamRegi
04-24-2015, 01:03 PM
OMG justg you said ranked play you mean like call of duty ranked play where you get put into divisions bronze, silver,goldand masters or is this something different?

Satria01
04-25-2015, 07:41 PM
I don't have the official date for the alpha/beta tests yet, but they are coming right up. With only a few months until Summer we're ready to get testing into gear! To answer your other question, SXSW was the first time we had run an event of that nature. It was incredibly validating to get the kind of reception we did! With it being as much a hit as it was, I imagine we will definitely be having more events like this in the future. PLUS, without giving too much away, once the game launches tournaments are going to be a major component in CoC and the CoC Community.

"once the game launches tournament are going to be a major component in CoC and CoC Community".
So we are going to see an esport for the first time in mobile gaming?

Roberto077
05-05-2015, 06:27 PM
"once the game launches tournament are going to be a major component in CoC and CoC Community".

Hopefully that's how it turns out. That is what they are aiming for.

Vystirch
05-05-2015, 06:41 PM

That is the goal. I have a few interviews coming up in future Chronicle issues that will address the subject.

-Vys

daniel1705
05-31-2015, 02:57 PM
Hi all i just wanted 2 ask how can i join alpha or beta testers i wana be there for the game coz i love arcane legends and ill love this more and i can play 12-16h a day non stop every day so i can help with bugs and everything need testing. Thank you with respect Daniel F. Kosta .

Schnitzel
05-31-2015, 03:36 PM
Hi all i just wanted 2 ask how can i join alpha or beta testers i wana be there for the game coz i love arcane legends and ill love this more and i can play 12-16h a day non stop every day so i can help with bugs and everything need testing. Thank you with respect Daniel F. Kosta .

Hopefully this can answer some of your questions:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?219986-Call-of-Champions-Question-Answers

Regarding Alpha Entry, I'm not sure when, but STS may host something for T3 Alpha Entry.
Winners will get invited to alpha.

Jig
06-05-2015, 08:10 AM
Wait a second, when it comes through beta will it be on iOS devices at the same time as droids? And if I enter for alpha tier 3 do I have to have an android, or can I do it with my iPad also, I oh age apple devices..

Justg
06-05-2015, 08:29 AM
Wait a second, when it comes through beta will it be on iOS devices at the same time as droids? And if I enter for alpha tier 3 do I have to have an android, or can I do it with my iPad also, I oh age apple devices..

Closed Beta will be for iOS and Android. You can play on either for Alpha as well. Go ahead and enter, it's easy!