PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to reserve a name for this game?

Zysoulthief
02-26-2015, 11:16 AM
I would like to know

toxorto
02-26-2015, 11:51 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/26/c1ee1a5c7f6088ad4d05d3ef1667f30c.jpg

Here you go

Lix
02-27-2015, 08:09 AM
Does this mean a name will be possible to use multiple times?

toxorto
02-27-2015, 08:44 AM
I guess so

bedmaster
02-28-2015, 04:49 AM
We will see many Zeus then

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

radagan
02-28-2015, 05:39 AM
That's the stupidest thing Ive ever heard if in online Moba/rpg you can use names multiple times..

nevercan
02-28-2015, 06:21 AM
I guess so

That's the stupidest thing Ive ever heard if in online Moba/rpg you can use names multiple times..
If i remeber right i readed somewhere you cant use 2x the same name.

Dalmony
03-02-2015, 01:11 PM
They said it will be like battletag names where you can pick any display name you like in game (so yes... there can be a hundred Zeus) but the game assigns an identifier to the name so that your friends can still see which one you are.

In battletags its just your name is BOB#1245. Only the Bob part shows in game but when you want to friend someone you have to add the number too. Dunno how exactly similar or different this will be. In battle tags the number I think it is randomly generated so its not like the first person to create it gets BOB#0001.

That way there is now way for players to enter the game on day1 and stock up on awesome names to sell later :3

Jhawkeye
03-02-2015, 05:46 PM
I personally wish we could stockpile names. I can't see any way of this not leading to people false-claiming to be others

Dalmony
03-02-2015, 09:00 PM
I think it's because we're imaging this in an AL type environment, where peoples main motivation for pretending be others is to gain trust so as to abuse the trade window by getting people to loan valuable items or hand them over under false pretences like item duplication scams.

It sounds like the social mechanics of CoC will be totally different - no common town, no global chat, no in match chat, and no guilds either is what I'm getting from the Q&A thread....
There might not even be variable "gear" as we know it in AL, but rather just a champion which we shape as we level up through choosing to strengthen certain skills and stats over others.

We just need to remember that this MOBA isn't do-over of the MMORPG's, its a totally different game.

If there is no trade system/nothing to trade, and no global type chats, what is the worst that BOB1827 is gonna do? Friend people and then presuming they accept, pretend to be leaderboarder BOB2837 and then just brag and feed us bad tips? :3

We don't know exactly how gameplay is going to work but I think we can trust that they are thinking this through :)

Jhawkeye
03-03-2015, 05:55 PM
I think it's because we're imaging this in an AL type environment, where peoples main motivation for pretending be others is to gain trust so as to abuse the trade window by getting people to loan valuable items or hand them over under false pretences like item duplication scams.

It sounds like the social mechanics of CoC will be totally different - no common town, no global chat, no in match chat, and no guilds either is what I'm getting from the Q&A thread....
There might not even be variable "gear" as we know it in AL, but rather just a champion which we shape as we level up through choosing to strengthen certain skills and stats over others.

We just need to remember that this MOBA isn't do-over of the MMORPG's, its a totally different game.

If there is no trade system/nothing to trade, and no global type chats, what is the worst that BOB1827 is gonna do? Friend people and then presuming they accept, pretend to be leaderboarder BOB2837 and then just brag and feed us bad tips? :3

We don't know exactly how gameplay is going to work but I think we can trust that they are thinking this through :)

This is true

Castellann
03-04-2015, 04:10 AM
They said it will be like battletag names where you can pick any display name you like in game (so yes... there can be a hundred Zeus) but the game assigns an identifier to the name so that your friends can still see which one you are.

In battletags its just your name is BOB#1245. Only the Bob part shows in game but when you want to friend someone you have to add the number too. Dunno how exactly similar or different this will be. In battle tags the number I think it is randomly generated so its not like the first person to create it gets BOB#0001.

That way there is now way for players to enter the game on day1 and stock up on awesome names to sell later :3

so true :D

Doframingo
03-09-2015, 09:33 PM
If i can't personalize my name and etc i wont search it at store. I found so weird having a Dofra red vs Dofra blue, and names with numbers are so corpse, i found it a little ugly in the stetic.

PodercriticaL
03-11-2015, 06:42 PM
I like the fact that you can't reserve names because people just reserve all the original names so others who don't have plat don't even have a chance to use those names but I don't like that others can use the same name as eachother

Dalmony
03-17-2015, 09:05 PM
From what I could make out in the videos I could only see the name of the hero above each toon, like "Avalanche" as opposed to the actual player ign... I might be wrong though cos it was kinda hard to make out :)

Communion
03-18-2015, 02:52 AM
We will see many Zeus then

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Laugh Out Loud! why zeus? :( my name is cool too..

D-:
03-19-2015, 10:33 AM
Laugh Out Loud! why zeus? :( my name is cool too..

No.

lethaljade
03-27-2015, 02:39 PM
Lol sorry but I don't think this is the best approach to stop the selling of names, its abit extreme, cuts of us having our own identity, if anyone can use the same name as us, you should make it so nobody can change name, then nobody would be selling names, as we wouldn't even be given the option to change it, just a suggestion, I personally would not want lethaljades running about with no skill killing my image/ego haha.

Oh and of course it goes without saying nobody should be able to reserve names. Everyone should be given an equal opportunity on release to get what name they want.