PDA

View Full Version : 5 minute games?

obee
02-26-2015, 10:26 PM
So I've played some MOBA's, and I saw that the games are going to be 5 minutes. I don't know, that seems really short. I know most games last 20-30 minutes, considering the time it takes to destroy the towers and leveling up. It'll be interesting to see what happens. Also, if you put no chat, people can still team speak, and won't they have an advantage over people who can't?

Zysoulthief
02-26-2015, 10:30 PM
This game may get boring within a few fights,
five-minute matches is too little time to really get into the action

Waug
02-26-2015, 11:54 PM
I don't thing that's gonna be a biggie, if ppls critize after playing the game, Devs may increase the time.

Scroch
02-27-2015, 12:28 AM
Something like what do we have to do
PvP with other online players using our character ???

Darkness Rises

Ignitedmage
02-27-2015, 05:41 AM
well, according to me 20-30 mins was huge time for less players so 5 mins is good like other pvps

XghostzX
02-27-2015, 07:55 AM
I feel like a good time for these matches would be in the 6-8 minute range.

Argyros
02-27-2015, 08:18 AM
http://www.tentonhammer.com/interview/five-minute-moba-call-champions-overview-interview

The above article from tentonhammer answers the 5 min game question really well in my opinion.

Shilooo
02-27-2015, 01:02 PM
An option for a longer game would be great. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

wvhills
02-27-2015, 01:19 PM
It seems to me that the short game time is the niche sts is looking to fill. If they make it longer people will just go play a PC moba that has a lot more depth. I haven't played a moba before so I won't know what I'm missing with it not having jungles, minnions and what not.

Justg
02-27-2015, 01:27 PM
Wait to play before passing judgement. We can't put it down over here. The timing is perfect for mobile!

Theillist1
03-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Think of it this way...when two samurai duel its not a clash of swords for 20-30 minutes or even 5 minutes. Its one blink of the eyes and a foul swoop of the sword. Not even a half a breath before the battle has begun and ended.

Remiem
03-03-2015, 04:22 PM
I've got to agree with JustG. This game is all action with very little fluff like jungles/minions, so getting into the action is quick and INTENSE.

bedmaster
03-04-2015, 06:00 AM
I usually play under my desk at school, on my car to school, on free times at home etc. Id like a 5 mins MOBA so i can still play at 20% or night b4 exam, but id like different rooms with different times, like 5 mins, 10,20 etc so we can choose

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Doframingo
03-09-2015, 09:38 PM
So I've played some MOBA's, and I saw that the games are going to be 5 minutes. I don't know, that seems really short. I know most games last 20-30 minutes, considering the time it takes to destroy the towers and leveling up. It'll be interesting to see what happens. Also, if you put no chat, people can still team speak, and won't they have an advantage over people who can't?

Demonkinghero
03-10-2015, 05:39 AM
I've got to agree with JustG. This game is all action with very little fluff like jungles/minions, so getting into the action is quick and INTENSE.
What?? That's one of the things that make Mobas fun. With no jungle no point in ganks or warding. Honestly did you take time to play an actual moba and fully enjoy. In starting to believe not if 5 minutes is time limit and there's no minions or jungle. You said very little but not at all true but that's still bad

Petrichor
03-10-2015, 06:27 AM
Idk. I just feel like their purpose is not to make a game that is like "most games." They are making their own unique game that differs from "most games." If they just went and copied a game that is already successful on the market then what good would that be? I agree with Rob. If they follow the time frame and total style of other mobas then what differentiates them? I have played LoL and absolutely hated it. The only thing that pops into my head is, "Don't judge a book by it's cover." Try it for yourself and see before you complain about their decisions. If you feel the same way after you play it then go put down some suggestions for them. However, I feel like you should see and play the game they have created before judging too harshly.