PDA

View Full Version : I think you may have overcharged for the Plat Sale

carmine_blade
02-27-2015, 10:29 PM
Hi STS :) um, you didn't give me the full 40% discount on my plat purchase. Since I'm guessing a partial refund is out of the question, and the discount was actually only about 37%, I'd be happy if you gave me 3% of the total plat I bought. Seems fair?

carmine_blade
02-27-2015, 10:33 PM
Also, with the latest update the original pricing has been removed, which seems a bit suspect.. so my figure of 37% could actually be less, as I'm conservative in my estimation.

Visiting
02-27-2015, 11:04 PM
Eeeerm, TAX maybe?

obee
02-27-2015, 11:05 PM
Eeeerm, TAX maybe?
Doesn't it only apply to those that live in Texas?

Visiting
02-27-2015, 11:08 PM
Doesn't it only apply to those that live in Texas?

:O I live there...so maybe I was jus assuming it was applied to everyone XD

carmine_blade
02-27-2015, 11:40 PM
I live in New Zealand, where legally a price includes tax unless explicitly stated otherwise, which this didn't.

Petrichor
02-28-2015, 12:07 AM
I live in Canada and whenever I bought plat there wasn't tax, there was exchange rate. Since they advertise the prices in USD iTunes/Paypal converted it to CAD. I always got charged more than advertised depending on what the dollar value is at the time of purchase. Idk maybe that happened to you

carmine_blade
02-28-2015, 12:28 AM
Prices are NZ dollars so I don't think that's it either!

Serancha
02-28-2015, 12:46 AM
I live in Canada and whenever I bought plat there wasn't tax, there was exchange rate. Since they advertise the prices in USD iTunes/Paypal converted it to CAD. I always got charged more than advertised depending on what the dollar value is at the time of purchase. Idk maybe that happened to you

Where in Canada are you? I'm in B.C. and tax is always added onto the plat price. So the $89.99 normal price is actually $101. Same goes for sale prices... $49.99 is $56 or whatever.

carmine_blade
02-28-2015, 05:44 AM
Also, STS, I'd like to know why the original price has disappeared, and only the discounted price shows... because now we only have your word for it that there was a 40% discount, when in fact I know it's less than that, but can no longer prove it, because I didn't think it necessary to take a screenshot of such a thing. This was my first plat purchase and I'm feeling a bit like I wish I didn't do it. I know we're not talking a huge amount in dollar terms, but it's the principle!

Appeltjes
02-28-2015, 05:53 AM
Also, STS, I'd like to know why the original price has disappeared, and only the discounted price shows... because now we only have your word for it that there was a 40% discount, when in fact I know it's less than that, but can no longer prove it, because I didn't think it necessary to take a screenshot of such a thing. This was my first plat purchase and I'm feeling a bit like I wish I didn't do it. I know we're not talking a huge amount in dollar terms, but it's the principle!

It makes sense that they remove the other price... Why display the original price?

Appeltjes
02-28-2015, 05:55 AM

Haligali
02-28-2015, 05:55 AM
Where in Canada are you? I'm in B.C. and tax is always added onto the plat price. So the $89.99 normal price is actually $101. Same goes for sale prices... $49.99 is $56 or whatever.

1 usd=1.25 cad, so that 89.99 usd should be 112.5 cad. That 89.99 is already include taxes imho, so they just convert into national currencies.

legendarytelly
02-28-2015, 05:59 AM
I bought the 12.99 165 plat and was charged the regular 20.00

Appeltjes
02-28-2015, 06:00 AM
I bought the 12.99 165 plat and was charged the regular 20.00

On apple?

carmine_blade
02-28-2015, 06:08 AM
It makes sense that they remove the other price... Why display the original price?

Because at first they were displaying the original price as well, I guess to show how much of a discount you were getting. But now it's been removed, and that's the bit I find dodgy. Quite apart from the not-40% discount, which could be a simple mistake..

Haligali
02-28-2015, 06:10 AM

Ok this is the website, can you check the prices from ios app?

carmine_blade
02-28-2015, 06:14 AM
I use Android, and am from NZ so prices are different here as they're in NZ dollars. But prices are definitely not 40% less, and the original pricing definitely was showing and now isn't. Not to mention mods and devs have posted on other threads since I started this one, but have assiduously ignored this one... or so it seems.

obee
02-28-2015, 08:04 AM
If you scroll down all the way I think, there is a checkbox for those who live in Texas.

Appeltjes
02-28-2015, 08:22 AM

I don't buy from ios I purchase plat from android since it's cheaper...

Haligali
02-28-2015, 08:25 AM
I don't buy from ios I purchase plat from android since it's cheaper...

Ok can you screenshot the prices from android app?

Haligali
02-28-2015, 08:28 AM
If you scroll down all the way I think, there is a checkbox for those who live in Texas.

Geez its now getting complicated, i bought now 600 plat fom chrome with my paypal for 8400 huf which is ~29.99 usd, while the android app shows me 10000+ huf for the 600 plat.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/28/93073264e0caafd9258b69bab66ce379.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/28/b2e23591bd18263710f00affcc6c6f81.jpg

So i need to upload my paypal acc and pay in chrome instead of using the google play store with the android app.

And lol, the 1700 plat was 18640 huf 1 day ago, now 18890 huf.

obee
02-28-2015, 09:04 AM
127058Here is IOS. IOS has an annoying tax for everything lol.

obee
02-28-2015, 09:07 AM
127060From apple's website. I'm not sure if android gives tax on in app purchases and buying apps.

Petrichor
02-28-2015, 09:14 AM
1 usd=1.25 cad, so that 89.99 usd should be 112.5 cad. That 89.99 is already include taxes imho, so they just convert into national currencies.

Yes, I normally pay around $112 for an $89.99 pack.

I am in Ontario. I never get tax on my purchases. I just get conversion of currency.

Haligali
02-28-2015, 09:18 AM
127058Here is IOS. IOS has an annoying tax for everything lol.

I see the same prices from chrome, it shows up in usd, instead android app, which shows in huf much higher. You can see on my paypal email, that i paid 8464 huf for the 600 plat(which is 1 usd=282 huf exchange rate, 1 usd is 270 on the hungarian national bank central rate now, so 282 is acceptable), instead of paying 10.306 huf. Even with this high exchange rate, the 1700 plat packs should be 15500 Huf not that insane 18890!

This wasnt the case in december, something happened since then..

obee
02-28-2015, 09:21 AM
I see the same prices from chrome, it shows up in usd, instead android app, which shows in huf much higher. You can see on my paypal email, that i paid 8464 huf for the 600 plat(which is 1 usd=282 huf exchange rate, 1 usd is 270 on the hungarian national bank central rate now, so 282 is acceptable), instead of paying 10.306 huf. Even with this high exchange rate, the 1700 plat packs should be 15500 Huf not that insane 18890!

This wasnt the case in december, something happened since then..
That might since STS didn't put the whole 40%. I think they made a mistake there

mlb2005
02-28-2015, 04:37 PM

When you go in a store the regular price is always next to the sale price so you know what kind of deal your getting. It makes perfect sense lol.

Magegrimm
02-28-2015, 04:38 PM
Mistake...well I think it's time to fix it? Or is this 40% discount BS? I'm sorry for the word but as a customer a reply from a mod/dev would be welcome.

carmine_blade
02-28-2015, 10:45 PM
Mistake...well I think it's time to fix it? Or is this 40% discount BS? I'm sorry for the word but as a customer a reply from a mod/dev would be welcome.

Yeah and to further irritate me, my thread header has been modified by Justg but I still haven't had a reply??

Magegrimm
03-01-2015, 04:06 AM
Yeah and to further irritate me, my thread header has been modified by Justg but I still haven't had a reply??
EXACTLY, that's my point, instead of modifying and locking threads explain yourself Sts.

Xorrior
03-01-2015, 04:52 AM
I'm having a moan here....

Whoah! A price hike! I normally buy 2 x 1700 plat packs in a 40% sale. I saw the new prices and was like...nah one will do XD

You charging a lot of real money for just 1700 plat (virtual currency). Is it a coincidence that this price hike has come at the time of the imminent release of the new game - Call of PvP trashtalkers.

Also, I know I suck at maths, but I doubt that is 40% off. I think you gave me 30% discount.

The normal price of 1700 plat is now O.O

Gold is hard to come by ingame, as most loot is either trash or devalued. The one and only vanity I gained via LB, you guys decided it would be untradable later on! I can't make any money from it, it will be rotting away in my inventory. Thank you for catering for the exclusive vanity crowd.

So come new expansion and I'll be looking to sell stuff to gear up (instead of crying 'NERF pls, it's too hard' with level 41 gears). I will look at this untradable thing I can't sell for diddly squat, sitting in my inventory. And before anyone comes out with that cliche of 'money isn't everything', this is a game not real life, you need gold to progress your toon in this game. It's the reason why some of us are part of elite farming guilds.

Well, my future investment and play time within this game shall be heavily reliant on farming in the new expansion. I hope my lepre starts working, it's about time it did!

I gotta spend upto approx 100 quid for 1700 plat *spits out tea*

obee
03-01-2015, 09:40 AM
Yea, honestly platinum is freaking expensive as hell. $89 for 1700? If you go to a game like clash of clans, I can get the gems that I need for $5-$10. Here, that won't do anything for you. And what's interesting is that JustG has edited the thread title, but he hasn't said anything about the fake discount.

G-M
03-01-2015, 10:19 AM
Hi all. The way these sales work is we define a price in US Dollars and then Apple and Google convert the prices to local currency and apply any necessary taxes. We don't control those things and those will change the price you see in the game depending on your location. It sounds like most of you are not paying in US Dollars so I think that's what's going on here.

That said if you think you've encountered a pricing error please do contact Customer Support or PM me.

Xorrior
03-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Hi all. The way these sales work is we define a price in US Dollars and then Apple and Google convert the prices to local currency and apply any necessary taxes. We don't control those things and those will change the price you see in the game depending on your location. It sounds like most of you are not paying in US Dollars so I think that's what's going on here.

That said if you think you've encountered a pricing error please do contact Customer Support or PM me.

That bring said.....you guys set a base price, it's still too damn high to pay for 1700 plat.

80-100 quid can get you a lot irl, here it can't even get you a mythic weapon.

Visiting
03-01-2015, 01:16 PM
That bring said.....you guys set a base price, it's still too damn high to pay for 1700 plat.

80-100 quid can get you a lot irl, here it can't even get you a mythic weapon.

They charge what people will pay; nothing more, nothing less.

kaabacir
03-01-2015, 02:05 PM
:( srry

Axesam
03-01-2015, 03:38 PM

This issue was never happen, thats why we discuss here. Ikr converting dollars to local currency is unstable now bcoz the global economy condition isnt stable too, but like i said it was never happen. U always talk about make constructive post, but u always throw away your issues to others, u blaming our device before when lag issues come out, now u throw away this issues to google and apple. Sigh, cant u read carefully this thread from the beginning?
1st. Why did u remove the original price?
2nd. Why price in google, apple, and web (paypal) r different significanly?

I'll skip this offer, i wont drink potion too.

obee
03-01-2015, 04:19 PM
The only way to find out if this is google's or IOS's problem, is to see if it happens in other games. But you just can't say, oh well, you don't use USD you'll pay more. A lot of the game population is not in the US.

Crown123
03-01-2015, 04:32 PM
pricy

Petrichor
03-01-2015, 04:55 PM
The only way to find out if this is google's or IOS's problem, is to see if it happens in other games. But you just can't say, oh well, you don't use USD you'll pay more. A lot of the game population is not in the US.

He is not saying that. This happens to me with every single in app purchase I make no matter what game it is (not only STS games). I always have to pay the exchange rate. It's not only a game thing. When I order clothes from other countries I have to pay the exchange rate too. For example, $100 CAD is not equal to $100 USD. If I only paid $100 CAD then I would be getting platinum cheaper than those in the US and that wouldn't be fair. It's not that we are getting it more expensive, we are technically paying the exact same price. It's all based around how much your country's dollar is worth at the time. STS is based in the US so it makes sense for them to list their in app purchases in USD for iOS. Ultimately, it's not the game company that makes this decision regarding whether or not the players pay exchange rate. The banks have to deal with this. The money in your bank account/credit card is in your country's currency it has to get converted somehow. It's quite common when buying something in a different currency. I may be wrong, but unless the product price is stated in your country's currency/is coming from your country you have to pay the exchange rate. There's never been an incidence where I did not have to.

carmine_blade
03-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the response STS, I do appreciate it. However, I'm not sure this adequately explains the issue: the original price has already been converted to NZD and includes the tax, so, the discount price should be 60% of that price, which it wasn't. May I ask why the original price is no longer showing, and whether or not there has been a recent price increase? Thanks.

obee
03-01-2015, 06:21 PM
He is not saying that. This happens to me with every single in app purchase I make no matter what game it is (not only STS games). I always have to pay the exchange rate. It's not only a game thing. When I order clothes from other countries I have to pay the exchange rate too. For example, $100 CAD is not equal to $100 USD. If I only paid $100 CAD then I would be getting platinum cheaper than those in the US and that wouldn't be fair. It's not that we are getting it more expensive, we are technically paying the exact same price. It's all based around how much your country's dollar is worth at the time. STS is based in the US so it makes sense for them to list their in app purchases in USD for iOS. Ultimately, it's not the game company that makes this decision regarding whether or not the players pay exchange rate. The banks have to deal with this. The money in your bank account/credit card is in your country's currency it has to get converted somehow. It's quite common when buying something in a different currency. I may be wrong, but unless the product price is stated in your country's currency/is coming from your country you have to pay the exchange rate. There's never been an incidence where I did not have to.
Ah ok. Thanks now I understand! So it's like someone paying £30 will be equal to someone paying $46.

Petrichor
03-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Ah ok. Thanks now I understand! So it's like someone paying £30 will be equal to someone paying $46.

Yes, exactly! In the end they are paying the exact same price.

Haligali
03-01-2015, 07:58 PM

Ty for answer.

I sent email to support now, i hope they contact google why they ripping off YOUR customers. With the chest of platinum, there is a significant 12 usd difference between paying in december or paying now with paypal instead of paying in android app, they must have a clear answer. This affects negatively YOUR company business, less people will buy platinum if they see this insane price increase. I figured out that i can buy with normal prices from the chrome app, but not everyone can login from pc or not everyone have paypal account.

Have a nice day.

Kakashis
03-01-2015, 09:39 PM

Im from Vancouver BC as well! XD small world

grzena1982
03-02-2015, 03:28 AM
Just wait for the offer to end and ill tell you if we are being overcharged or not. I bought 3x max plat offer totaling 5.1k plat. Any taxes, additional charges and exchange rate would explain the difference in price among different countries and the recent hike in the price of plat denominated in euros and pounds as the dollar has strengthen against them.

Nevertheless, discount is a different story, as all additional charges are already a part of the normal price. Therefore, if the exchange rate stays the same then 40% offer equals 40% of the price, if its less than we will be having lots of questions to ask. Printscreens soon to follow.

I could only think of one instance where this may not be the case, namely if any particular country imposes a fixed charge on the top of what we are paying for plat, regardless of the amount you are buying. In this case 40% will never equal 0.4 of the normal price as there is a fixed element within.

Magegrimm
03-02-2015, 10:00 AM
I bought plat many times and this has never happened before so yeah...i won't pay 10 extra euros just because of this.

Franocazzzo
03-02-2015, 10:20 AM
I bought 15.4k plat and I wasn't charged any tax.

carmine_blade
03-02-2015, 09:20 PM
Hi all UPDATE :) I PMed G-M and he totally sorted my issue out. So if you've had any problems definitely let G-M know, I am really happy with the outcome and it was quick too. Faith restored! Thanks STS <3

Axesam
03-03-2015, 03:25 AM
Hi all UPDATE :) I PMed G-M and he totally sorted my issue out. So if you've had any problems definitely let G-M know, I am really happy with the outcome and it was quick too. Faith restored! Thanks STS <3

why need PMed G-M ? if this issues apply for all, they should make any confirmation here or in Announcement sub-forum.

carmine_blade
03-03-2015, 04:20 AM
why need PMed G-M ? if this issues apply for all, they should make any confirmation here or in Announcement sub-forum.

S/he said their explanation in the post but said to PM if that didn't satisfy. Perhaps regional differences do matter and that's why a blanket statement hasn't been issued.. but in any case if you're not happy I definitely recommend PMing G-M.