PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] my thoughts about gears and staggering releases

extrapayah
03-02-2015, 01:14 AM
first of all, thank you sts for always trying to keep the game alive, be events, releases, contests, etc

so here is my thought about how gears should be:

1. the strongest gear set should be no more than 10% stronger than average gears, be it elite legendary, or mythic, or even arcane, the difference could be in stat, or simply just proc
- even if it is only a little bit, i think people will always trying to get the best gears, so not much to be worry about
- reduce gap between maxed players and normal players, with this you can set the PvE difficulty to fit normal players, and won't make it too easy for maxed players (they mostly wanted challenges, i believe), and probably gears won't be overfarmed, and farmed gears price will be stable enough, but if STS think gap between players are okay, then so be it.
- also encourage people to do more PvP

2. release strongest gears from the start, and make it very hard to get, e.g. like how to get imbued sets and planar pendant
- for many players, half season is not enough to farm it, and honestly i don't mind, so keep it rare, but not impossible...

3. release stronger gears that is relatively easier and stronger than average gears in each events
- e.g. 1% stronger per events, like how do in several events before, well done
- so by the end of season, people will relatively have more or less equal gears, and new players can still get that strongest gears

about pets:
1. don't release too many pets
- most of them are never been used anyways
- also if possible, reduce the number of pets, by combine feature, etc. and renew happiness bonuses, AAs, and passives to be balanced with new ones in each of their classes

2. don't release pets which are stronger than previous pets
- if you do so, gap between new players and old players in low levels will be increased by time. and in event time, you'll be having difficulties in setting difficultly of events maps in lower level, if you set it too hard, new players won't be able to participate, but if you set it too easy, old players will be having too much advantages. but again, if STS think it is okay, then no problem, pets are not like gears that have level requirements
- pets should provide variation between players, e.g. this pet good at its passive, that pet is good with their stats

3. make happiness bonus and AA scalable by pet's level
- static stat bonus is sadly useless in capped level and will become more useless by time
- relative stat bonus like %damage, %crit, %dodge, etc. even if it is the same, it will have same or better effectiveness, so no problem with those

thank you

Dvsk
03-02-2015, 01:27 AM
Your about pet section is quite useless, they need new pets otherwise how will the game move forward? Plus newer pets need to be stronger than older ones as they are better gear now and higher level caps they has to pets to match it. You can't have stats from a s1 pet now as it's pretty bad. Older players understand that things get outdated and if your an old player you should have amounted a small fortune to buy the tip top new pet anyway. :)

extrapayah
03-02-2015, 02:02 AM
Your about pet section is quite useless, they need new pets otherwise how will the game move forward? Plus newer pets need to be stronger than older ones as they are better gear now and higher level caps they has to pets to match it. You can't have stats from a s1 pet now as it's pretty bad. Older players understand that things get outdated and if your an old player you should have amounted a small fortune to buy the tip top new pet anyway. :)

it is useless indeed, if you're okay with the increasing gap between new players and old players.

well, moving forward doesn't always have to be getting something newer and stronger, in extreme, we don't get new and stronger character class per season.
as i stated before, pets have levels, it means nothing if it is going to be replaced every season. and i honestly don't think that malison is bad, so does wrathjaw