PDA

View Full Version : hp vs armor

Ratiomod
03-02-2015, 01:58 PM
I just can decide on my own, need some input.
What would you as a mage prefer and why:

- 150hp or 50 armor
- frost gun or elondrian gun

illwilly
03-06-2015, 06:28 PM
Pve = hp
pvp = both hehe..

ive tested both in pve and armor in passive is total waste, never felt it saved me once, die more without the passive hp though..

Pvpers say the 50armor is usefull, but i cant comment, im pve..

Rx8
03-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Pve = hp
pvp = both hehe..

ive tested both in pve and armor in passive is total waste, never felt it saved me once, die more without the passive hp though..

Pvpers say the 50armor is usefull, but i cant comment, im pve..

Lol, If your VS'in a rogue with the bloody passive armor. You're getting rekt.

The passive debuff system and buff system works like this:

Debuff overides the buff so

A rogue's aimed shot decreases armor by 15%, so with the passive on. The debuff becomes 20%-18%.

Your killing yourself!

I would say...If you have a frost with 2 para 1 eye...then get a elon gun with 2para/eye or 2eye/para

I still recommend an elon if your fighting a warrior, the root is almost 8 shots. But i use frost so it really helps me slow em down

illwilly
03-08-2015, 02:59 AM
Lol, If your VS'in a rogue with the bloody passive armor. You're getting rekt.

The passive debuff system and buff system works like this:

Debuff overides the buff so

A rogue's aimed shot decreases armor by 15%, so with the passive on. The debuff becomes 20%-18%.

Your killing yourself!

I would say...If you have a frost with 2 para 1 eye...then get a elon gun with 2para/eye or 2eye/para

I still recommend an elon if your fighting a warrior, the root is almost 8 shots. But i use frost so it really helps me slow em down

Huh? Im not killing myself, i dont pvp.. no idea what u replyed to, but assume its the 50armor passive points i find useless in pve?

Rx8
03-08-2015, 06:52 AM
Huh? Im not killing myself, i dont pvp.. no idea what u replyed to, but assume its the 50armor passive points i find useless in pve?

Yes the passive is a TOTAL NO!

In planar tombs especially those spiked dogs reduce armor, that being said the debuff plus buff will squah you down.

Ratiomod
03-09-2015, 02:59 PM
I thought debaff worked like this : (total armor gained with all possible bonuses)*0,85 = debaffed armor

But anyway, I am looking at two amulets, one gives me 50 armor, another gives me 150hp instead. Which one to pick? Otherwise identical.

For PVE btw.

Madnex
03-10-2015, 07:11 AM
HP > armor, even if they offer the same amount. To give you a more precise example, with 1000 armor, 50 armor basically adds around 36 more hit points (HP). So as you can see, it's not even debatable. You can check out the topic I've uploaded on the subject for more info (link in signature, armor analysis).

I'd take the elondrian gun for the AoE root and armor debuff instead of some freezing that's barely noticeable (you already have more than enough CC's to keep mobs at bay). The armor proc that you can build and keep at +150 is also nice. Frost gun's proc doesn't do anything on bosses either; it's generally better for PvP, not PvE.

Fernando Ocampo
03-10-2015, 02:48 PM
what is best 300 ar or 500 hp??

Psycthe
04-07-2015, 07:42 PM

- 150hp or 50 armor

For me I'd go for ARMOR at first then as you progress I'd go for HP..

It's like this, you have a lot of HP but there is nothing to protect it from DMG but it's also different to have high DEF with LOW HP having high DEF doesn't mean that you're invulnerable to DMG.

It's best/ideal to have both HIGH HP and DEF.

Newcomx
04-07-2015, 08:27 PM

- 150hp or 50 armor

HP vs Armor... IMO Armor if you use gale, HP if not using gale
Frost Gun vs Elon Gun... I dont have it both, but from the gun proc, I prefer Elon Gun