PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] Noob's guide to Planar Arena

extrapayah
03-02-2015, 02:14 PM
again, just another guide for newbies :P
also without discrediting previous pro guides, this is made from the view point of me, as a legendary gears users

basically a challenge to fight boss, where more rogues is better T_T

let's review the requirement first :D

Gear Requirements
Legendariessss + sorry a mythic ring for rogue/mage
Skill Requirements

Warrior

Chest Splitter (+ 1st and 4th upgrade)
main taunting skills, and boss' debuff, probably your highest aoe damage if you can hit 4 everytime
Windmill (+ 1st, 2nd, and 4th upgrade, optionally with 2nd)
secondary taunting skill, and snare boss
Horn of Renew (+ all upgrade)
tertiary taunting skill and survival skill, as you may know already, allies that got healed by you, if seen by mobs, will go to you instead
Vengeful Blood (+ all upgrade)
offensive skill!

Rogue

Noxious Bolt (+ 1st, 2nd, and 3rd upgrade)
secondary offensive skill, main taunting skill, DoT attract enemies more or less equal to taunt, charge it when fighting bosses with mobs (duplicates, mushrooms, spiders), no charge for single target, mainly use to help keeping aggro on you, to save mage, or to equally control boss with other rogue
Aimed Shot (+ all upgrade)
main offensive skills
Razor Shield (+ 1st and 3rd upgrade)
main survival skill, additional dodge, use it in tandem with veil, when waiting for veil's cooldown
Shadow Veil (+ 1st, 3rd, and 4th upgrade)
secondary survival skill

Sorcerer

Frost Bolt (+ 1st and 2nd upgrade)
secondary offensive skill, works on spiders and rutger's doppleganger
Fireball (+ 1st, 3rd, and 4th upgrade)
tertiary disabling skill, main debuff skill, works on every bosses (judging by the symbol appearing near bosses), reduce hit% on bosses and disable spiders and rutger's dopple
Lightning Strike (+ 1st and 3rd upgrade)
main offensive skill
Gale Force (+ 3rd upgrade)
sub-offense, sub-disable and RRRUUUNNNing skill, the 4th quickest cooldown in mage's arsenal

Pet Requirements

Kelvin
4 kelvin, if timed properly can always easily kill bosses here, especially needed for ranged boss (stahl, ferrix, especially ferrix, because he hits just too hard)
Blinky
slowing boss, preferably to be lvl 35 at least to make its normal attack to not missing too much, make melee bosses ridiculous, at least one is recommended
Breeze (Optional)
additional crowd control for bosses
Little bear (Optional)
the tankiest legendary pet, desperately used if you feel you're not surviving enough, three little bears and you can get 10% armor all the time, with AA timed perfectly

The Environment

before getting to the environment details, i'd like to share about my not too sure observation result, as you know, in most of the environment, moving means you'll spawning more pools, spiders, and (most probably) mushrooms. as for me it's true but also wrong, i notice that 'sometimes' even if you stay silent, spiders keep spawning, pools keep spawning, mushrooms focused on you like you're their mate. but sometimes, you can't even make vortex crystal spawn, or in middle of the boss fight, curse just starting to get you. having playing with 3 characters, i notice that being in the middle spawns everything more (some might disagree), but moving and hugging walls spawn everything lesser, sooo, i'm guessing:

there is an circle area, whenever you stand on it, has a chance to spawn/activate environment
every time someone activate that 'chance circle area' (cca for short) the circle will move randomly somewhere else
number of circles increase according to how close boss is going to dead
the circle center point can't be located too near to the walls, probably the edge of the circle must always be inside the arena, with certain limit, and can't overlap with other's

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10998391_10152938837993241_7201018857191182271_n.j pg?oh=5d1f0a525f756162198c23d70ca29dee&oe=5548D911&__gda__=1435808372_551adaf549811fa3b4aadcf8c7a5718 e

with this, it will explain why sometime spiders don't spawn: all your party is not in the 'CCA', why standing on arena edge/walls won't attract mushrooms (case to get rutger's AP): luckily you're also outside of cca, and cca will less likely to touch you in arena's edge. and other phenomena i've been experiencing.

so let's move the environment list:

Vortex Crystal
if triggered, randomly spawning a crystal that follow one player, and periodically generate another crystal which vacuum players (and rutger's duplicate) and damage players at the center

Warrior
should not be afraid of triggering vortex, so ignore this cca thing, and keep aggro on boss, by CS-ing (1st priority), heal, windmill, and vb, but when the main crystal following you, i suggest you to keep away from your party, and keep healing your party as much as possible
Rogue
also no worry, keep taking range, potting, as, nox, veil + razor shield regularly, and move away when being followed, i think combo of charged AS, attack, nox, attack, attack, repeat works miraculously
Sorcerer
also no worry, keep taking range, potting, lightning, ice, charged fireball, gale, and move away when being followed

Proximity Curse

Warrior
no worry, and keep aggro on boss, by CS-ing (1st priority), heal, windmill, and vb, try to keep boss in the middle. could be a disaster if someone tried to pierce the boss, or mage or, another tank closing in with charged gale+speed or skyward...
Rogue
also no worry, keep taking range, potting, as, nox, veil + razor shield regularly, and keep separated between other ranged players, keep watching your party movement, especially when fighting ranged boss, where you need to move to dodge some sure kill attack, try giving ways to players that is got targeted and need to move.
Sorcerer
also no worry, keep taking range, potting, lightning, ice, charged fireball, gale, and do same movement strategy with rogue

Poison Clouds

Warrior
beware of spawning too many pools, try to lure boss near the gate, and keep aware of their 1-hit kill move, dodging left and right, hugging gate while keeping aggro on boss, by CS-ing (1st priority), heal, windmill, and vb and additionally use kelvin to cancel boss' 1-hit kill move that's hard to be dodge, and rotate it with charged heal, to cancel/avoid 1-hit kill moves-which is hard to be dodge, e.g. frostr's.... if the enemies are ranged, try getting close to it by hugging walls
Rogue
also beware of spawning too many pools, keep taking range, keep hugging walls, be free to dodge and move, kiting the boss.
Sorcerer
also beware of spawning too many pools, keep taking range, potting, lightning, ice, charged fireball, gale, and do same movement strategy with rogue

Mushrooms

Warrior
beware of spawning too many mushrooms, try to lure boss near the gate, and keep aware of their 1-hit kill move, dodging left and right, hugging gate while keeping aggro on boss, by CS-ing (1st priority), heal, windmill, and vb and additionally use kelvin to cancel boss' 1-hit kill move that's hard to be dodge, and rotate it with charged heal, to cancel/avoid 1-hit kill moves-which is hard to be dodge, e.g. frostr's.... also, if you're not looking for AP, don't care about the explosion damage, just keep poting, healing, and dodge 1 hit kills
Rogue
also beware of spawning too many pools, keep taking range, keep hugging walls, be free but keep wisely to dodge and move, kiting the boss. a notice here, mushrooms' explosion can be canceled, if you certain amount of damage in the short time when the red warning circle is on the mushroom (ready to explode), so, when you're in razor shield, you're almost certain can cancel the explosion. and try change combo with charged nox, attack, as, attack, attack, repeat, since probably you'll hit mushroom, better to make nox aoe, and chip boss' health, but if with certain luck you saw not many mushroom, don't charge nox.
Sorcerer
also beware of spawning too many pools, keep taking range, potting, lightning, ice, charged fireball, gale, and do same movement strategy with rogue, also if you're lucky, magmatic totem's proc and quick attack rate can help you cancel mushroom explosion

Spiders

Warrior
do the same movement strategy while facing mushrooms and pools
Rogue
also do the same movement strategy while facing mushrooms
Sorcerer
also do the same movement strategy while facing mushrooms, optionally, you can try changing lightning to clock here

Enraging Obelisk

Warrior
do the same movement strategy while facing mushrooms and pools with limiting your hugging the walls movement within a around-120-degrees conic edge, basically gate part plus little bit more to the left/right, and be aware of your pet movement, if your pet is level 30++ your pet can accidentally hit the obelisk, if that's going to happen, try walk as if you're going to outside of the arena, pet will someone think you're outside, and will try to follow you, closer to the wall, if you do that with discipline, you can fight the boss without making it enrage, but if it's rutger, blinky will save even when he's enraged, just take range, even warrior should take range here. also if you're sure you can reduce the rest of the boss' health within 60 seconds, be free to move freely
Rogue
also do the same movement strategy while facing mushrooms, with same limitation as warriors, and, also try to always face the walls, the targeting system prioritize attacking something in front of you, so you can accidentally attack obelisk (fortunately normal attack won't reach obelisk if you keep yourself hugging walls, but not with AS and nox), if you happen need to cross the wall (going from left to right side), and walls are full of ferrix's pools, stop attacking and cross carefully without hugging walls
Sorcerer
also do the same movement strategy with rogue

The Bosses

Frostir
hits harder whenever he is closer near death, has 2 kinds of charged attacks, a conic charge forward, and a more than 180 degrees conic stomp(?), both can 1 hit kill you when he's near death, also has a blue aura that continuously slowing you, and reducing your armor.

Warrior
your friend is kelvin here, your mission is keep aggro on this boss very closely, cancel/avoid his large conic stomp as your priority, since it is the hardest one to dodge. by stunning, or timely casting shield, if you're close enough, you can also try to dodge frostr's stomp by walking behind him, the blind angle of the AoE
Rogue
if no one use blinky, use one, help frostr keep close to your warrior, while taking range, to avoid every charged attack, if you're unlucky and can't get away, you can quickly cast razor shield to hope frostr miss his front charge attack, or veil to increase your armor, (strangely, i feel i survived more with this, lol, even though debuffs always override buffs), OR do normal pierce, and move behind him (haven't tried this one :P)
Sorcerer
also do the same movement strategy with rogue, take range, you might want shield here, or 50% armor from gale (but i assume i will be overridden by the aura)

Mother
the big spider, has normal attack, short conic charged attack (1 hit kill), a pull, shooting something, and a several hit combo whenever someone close to it while it's shooting/pulling

Warrior
one blinky is necessary here, helping you keep close with it, do usual CS-ing, dodge the 1 hit kill, potting and healing regularly, no need to do timed healing
Rogue
take range, do normal attack pattern, based on environment, don't be too close with it, if you're pulled, return to hug the walls/take range, because the hit combo done by it can kill you, especially if you're cornered to walls
Sorcerer
also do the same movement strategy with rogue

Stahl
hard, ranged boss always hard... the knives throwing boss, can hit you and your parties in a line, and can teleport, after teleporting, he usually do a spining blade moves

Warrior
disable him, with breeze, or kelvin, continuously aggro him
Rogue
separate each other within party member, try not standing behind a tank, because if the tank aggro him correctly, you'll get hit everytime, be careful when he teleports near you, his spinning blade attack can be deadly for most of rogues (legendaries, yes...), get away asap, cast razor and veil regularly, also stahl can somehow missed his hit a lot, if you shadow veiled him, also be tankier, i recommend little bear, but more disabling is never bad so breeze and kelvin can help, or probably grimm (for reducing hit, but it's mythic :P)
Sorcerer
also do the same movement strategy with rogue, charged fireball is your friend here, and be the tankier

Ferrix
ranged... hard... has normal attacks, charged forward, poison pools. his normal attacks usually done in successive and pretty fast. poison pools usually cast right below one player, and start moving to another one (idk the reason, probably aggro attracted by heal can attract it) also, it seems there are two types of poison pools, one damaging+slowing, and one only slowing (still a guess, or probably both are damaging, but one of them not damaging that hard, and presumably the darker pools hits you harder)

Warrior
kelvin, be brave and keep him close... until you feel week, lol, at certain unlucky times, pools will accumulated below you, meaning your party failed to share aggro with the boss, at that time, take a short break, don't be too close, but try to be in CS's range + do windmills (it's 6m, yay!!), arguably large swords, and hammers has a little bit more range than sword and shield, so consider use charged attack (+CS) while using bullwark
Rogue
also kelvin, if you're quick, cancel his charged attack, taking turns with your teammate (hard), or just stun after previous stun are finished (easier :P), also take range, and whenever he gets into you, prepare for a two-three quick successive normal attacks which will kill your + charge forward, my suggestion is run, keep him far from you when he start the first normal attack, or stun
Sorcerer
also do the same movement strategy with rogue, charged fireball, and gale is your friend here, be quick, and hope him misses his attacks on you, shield can also help, but you're still vulnerable in the cooldown time, be careful

Glob
can be easy, can be hard, has (arguably) normal attack, dash forward+hits, charged conic attack (1 hit kill), lately his charged conic attack become somehow wider and longer, so take precautions

Warrior
one blinky is necessary here, always aggro him, dodge his 1 hit kill, and take all the damage for the dash forward
Rogue
one blinky, and disabling or tanking pets, take range, regularly cast veil and razor, and of course dodge his 1 hit kill, the dangerous one for you is the dash forward combo, can hits you especially hard when you're cornered in the walls, prepare for quick veil or razor, and it seems he won't attack someone he's trying to come close too, (and) players who's near him when he walks slowly.
Sorcerer
also do the same movement strategy with rogue, charged fireball, is your friend here, be quick, and hope him misses his attacks on you, shield can also help, but you're still vulnerable in the cooldown time, also be careful, helping disabling the boss will also good (totem, breeze), or tanking, and try to guess whether you're his dash forward target, if you think you're the one, don't hug the walls too close

Rutger
can be easy, also can be hard, has (arguably) normal attack, doppelganger, poison attack (the most dangerous one), lately his charged conic attack become somehow wider and longer, so take precautions

Warrior
one blinky is necessary here, always aggro him, be tankier a little bit, tapping potions is a must here, because of his poison attack
Rogue
one blinky, and disabling or tanking pets, take range, regularly cast veil and razor, charge nox whenever he duplicate himself
Sorcerer
also do the same movement strategy with rogue, charged fireball, is your friend here, if you push the doppelganger with gale, you'll know who's the real rutger, will help tank to prioritize aggro

Bloodhammer
can be easy, also can be hard, has strong normal attack, very strong jumping attack, charged short cone short warning lifesteal -_-, stunning pistol shot, bomb

Warrior
a hell for a warrior... -_- it's still a mystery what is causing him to do painful jumping attacks, and the lifesteal which is hard to dodge is definitely a problem. i honestly have no idea in countering him... rather than overpowering our defense and survive from the jumping attacks (pls sts, nerf it), probably you can try kelvin to cancel the lifesteal, or ask for a 3 kelvin 1 blinky party, or you take range, and expect to die from jumping attacks, and expect anytime to dodge the lifesteal.
Rogue
relatively easier for ranged players, with one blinky, kiting the boss, and dodge all lifesteal, you can easily take damage from the bomb, don't fear it, just make sure the bomb won't push you closer to bloodhammer, or cornered with mushroom bombs
Sorcerer
also do the same movement strategy with rogue, charged fireball, is your friend here.

Challenger
will fill it in the future

Special Thanks

Blipz of Elite Runner
OP mage, also aggro magnet, still a mystery on why i can't keep and retain my aggro whenever this mage is in my party... ER's bff
Imhotepx of Elite Runner
an experienced runner, let me run together for a lot of times, even though i'm just a legendaries
Jirikjurasek and Onlyhe of Elite Runner
a never-ever-separated pair... someone even compare them to krunch and arachna partnership, fearful, and experienced arena runner
Ssnndn of Elite Runner
again, a retired-i-hope-to-come-back soon running friend, also lent me his gears :D
radagan, twoc, uzii
previous arena's guide writer
Just'who'hell
lmao, ma brah

.no
03-02-2015, 02:18 PM
Recommend jugg over vengeful blood

extrapayah
03-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Recommend jugg over vengeful blood

my argument on jugg is always the same, it has too long cooldown, and too long vulnerable time, you need to wait 30 seconds until the next jugg... boss battle here is not decided in the first 15 seconds of the fight, no, i still think it is a pvp skill, not a pve...

rather than than, try putting to more passives

Stoba
03-02-2015, 02:41 PM
You made many errors on your sorc portion. No point in taking first upgrade on frost. It has been bugged for a while where a normal non upgraded shot does the same thing without upgrade. Taking 2 &3 is a better move. Why no ignite on fb? This isnt pvp, more damage the better. If you are in legendary gear ditch gale for shield, you do more damage alive than dead. Do you play sorc?

extrapayah
03-02-2015, 02:51 PM
You made many errors on your sorc portion. No point in taking first upgrade on frost. It has been bugged for a while where a normal non upgraded shot does the same thing without upgrade. Taking 2 &3 is a better move. Why no ignite on fb? This isnt pvp, more damage the better. If you are in legendary gear ditch gale for shield, you do more damage alive than dead. Do you play sorc?

i do, in fact, my first toon, and i consider it as my main, too many DoT leads you to too many aggro where mage here has the least survivabilty,
ah yes, first upgrade is probably not necessary here at all, you know that you can do 100% freeze in close, but without the first upgrade, you have no chance doing it from far, so i take it just for that :P

and if you attract too many aggro, you'll depend too much on 15 seconds shield to do close freeze in normal pve, will be hard to do perma freeze in group of more than 6 + some freeze immune units, try tindirin's comodo, a bit OOT though

Jazzi
03-02-2015, 05:16 PM
Very interesting how my comment, which was commending extra's skills got deleted?!?

Anyway the title says it clearly. This is not intended to help "pro" players. Very good guide guildie. Keep up the good work.

Visiting
03-02-2015, 05:19 PM
I'd like to suggest since this is written for non-top geared players, that on the mage build that shield is included, seeing as a mage with "meh" gear will probably be destroyed without it?

extrapayah
03-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Very interesting how my comment, which was commending extra's skills got deleted?!?

Anyway the title says it clearly. This is not intended to help "pro" players. Very good guide guildie. Keep up the good work.

aze, i made two threads, this one you haven't commented yet :P and this is about arena, probably you haven't run much with me, and pretty much meh :P, and probably it is only you that is commending my tanking, lol... many prefer rogues after all, and there is just a little room for mage and tank

I'd like to suggest since this is written for non-top geared players, that on the mage build that shield is included, seeing as a mage with "meh" gear will probably be destroyed without it?

my build pretty much has low aggro, no DoT, so yes, if rogue can't share aggro made by only my normal attacks and normal one-time skill hit, then i'm pretty much destroyed, but this build is really weak in damage compared to people who use full DoT, so yes, as mage, i only function here as debuffer (fireball's reduce hit) and disabler with pets and magmatic totem, but with good team, my meh gears enough to make me survive, but yes, long fight

also if you read some of the lines there (sorry for being too long), i did recommend try using shield to survive, but i'm not using it untill now, just because its cooldown and i'd rather not to get hit, than trying to tank in the first 15 seconds and become vulnerable in the next 13 seconds, increase health with myth ring, full stat passives learned, and keep low-aggro

Jazzi
03-02-2015, 05:52 PM
aze, i made two threads, this one you haven't commented yet :P and this is about arena, probably you haven't run much with me, and pretty much meh :P, and probably it is only you that is commending my tanking, lol... many prefer rogues after all, and there is just a little room for mage and tank

Dam, I got all confused. As for your skills as tank... Well, I know you want to be a mage, but you are really good as a tank :-) As for the room for mage and tank in arena: I have to admit it is not much, especially for a mage. I actually have people on my f list who do not want to run arena with a mage at all. I really wish this would change and I could finally shelf my rogue and gear u my mage. In all the rare occasions I play him I always like it more than rogue, but I am laways compelled to think about all the times i ran tombs without a mage (with a tank though) and how some people left the pt when I invited a mage?!? Sad story. Nice guide though :-)))

extrapayah
03-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Dam, I got all confused. As for your skills as tank... Well, I know you want to be a mage, but you are really good as a tank :-) As for the room for mage and tank in arena: I have to admit it is not much, especially for a mage. I actually have people on my f list who do not want to run arena with a mage at all. I really wish this would change and I could finally shelf my rogue and gear u my mage. In all the rare occasions I play him I always like it more than rogue, but I am laways compelled to think about all the times i ran tombs without a mage (with a tank though) and how some people left the pt when I invited a mage?!? Sad story. Nice guide though :-)))

yeah, mage (and tank) only need one more additional skill for fighting bosses in PvE, i think, a party buff/or boss' debuffer which won't gain aggro, e.g. critical surge like ribbit/gyrm, and/or damage reduction like curse, in shorter cooldown, and also, i found that doing arena with one tank, and two rogues is strangely the easiest and the quickest (did it with fittybat and another rogue of his friend)

Jazzi
03-02-2015, 06:27 PM
yeah, mage (and tank) only need one more additional skill for fighting bosses in PvE, i think, a party buff/or boss' debuffer which won't gain aggro, e.g. critical surge like ribbit/gyrm, and/or damage reduction like curse, in shorter cooldown, and also, i found that doing arena with one tank, and two rogues is strangely the easiest and the quickest (did it with fittybat and another rogue of his friend)

Well I think that it really depends on whether the rogues know how to dish out damage or not. The effective damage of a rogue with gear similar to mine could be less than that of a legendary rogue, if the former is not very skilled. Many charge there skills and do no use priercer at all, which makes them do about half the damage they could do. As for the best/fastest composition of the team, I think it really depends on the environments you get, as some prohibit the rogues from dps-ing (mushrooms, spiders, proximity partially as piercer cant be used safely).

P.S. As for tombs my fastest run in t3 since the timers returned is still with 2 tanks... Have done over 30 since this one and my second best time was 2 minutes worse (3 rogues and one mage pt).

extrapayah
03-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Well I think that it really depends on whether the rogues know how to dish out damage or not. The effective damage of a rogue with gear similar to mine could be less than that of a legendary rogue, if the former is not very skilled. Many charge there skills and do no use priercer at all, which makes them do about half the damage they could do. As for the best/fastest composition of the team, I think it really depends on the environments you get, as some prohibit the rogues from dps-ing (mushrooms, spiders, proximity partially as piercer cant be used safely).

P.S. As for tombs my fastest run in t3 since the timers returned is still with 2 tanks... Have done over 30 since this one and my second best time was 2 minutes worse (3 rogues and one mage pt).

that's why i think you'll think running with me in arena will be 'meh' :P, i like charging nox/as, and do normal attack in between, charging as require you 1 second, it give you more or less 50% more damage than normal AS, and as cooldown become 3s (taking account time to charge), so basically, they give same damage, the difference will be when you had critical on AS...
as for nox, charging nox basically multiply total damage (when done to 6 enemies) by 3.5 (7/2, 6s of nox times more or less equal to 1 impact damage) times, and when fighting mushroom, you will almost always deal that 6s of nox tics, and by taking total 3s interval between AS, you reduce your chance hitting invincible mushroom by twice, or hitting spiders' corpse... (as you know, it is possible to attack corpse at certain times after they die)...

as for SP, SP reset cooldown of all spell significantly for 1s ++ (almost as slow as windmill's), it basically make your AS and nox's cd longer than 2s... and you can't do normal attacks in that cooldown reset phase, you lost 1s normal arrow which can be shot at the time (bow attack rate is around 1s per attack), and idk how can people said that sp does same damage with as, probably i need to unlock some upgrade to make it like that, idk...

as a comparison, i can luckily score a 7k critical charged AS max with my gears to t3's boss vines, (AS' damage range is very wide, for sure), i'd like to know yours though, and others too

but still, without accurate damage counting tools, i can't determine which one is better :P, so the suggestion of giving total damage dealt after run could be great (refer to one of the suggestion), and most probably people who has been running with me as a rogue and the others rogue can make comparison better. (but after thinking so much, probably my method was wrong, since people start running away from my rogue, lolol, but anyway, i find it comfortable for my style, i try to gain aggro from long range)

and that's it...

Jirikjurasek
03-03-2015, 02:23 AM
Gear Requirements
Legendariessss + event rings/amulets

Skill Requirements

Warrior

Axe Throw - very usefull on jumping bosses with spiders environment
Pet Requirements

4. Little bear (Optional)
...10% armor all the time, with AA timed perfectly - override by rogue´s Veil

The Bosses

Stahl
hard, ranged boss always hard... the knives throwing boss, can hit you and your parties in a line, and can teleport, after teleporting, he usually do a spining blade moves

Warrior
facing him back to party, Stahl throw his daggers in front of him

Rutger

Warrior
his clones has 15 min CD, same as your HoR. Charged horn after 1-2s after clones spawn secure easy aggro

Bloodhammer

Warrior
jumping attack - has very VERY short range and Bloodhammer aiming it only in front of him - can be avoided 1) when warrior stand in maximum melee distance or 2) when you move (run in circle in melee distance)

lifesteel - you HAVE TO be ready for run to SIDE. He steel your life even when you stand behind him, so always run to the side. Speed pet helps

Challenger
he is kid, elite Jarl is harder than this boss :-)

Hi, I make just really few main notes. Enjoy playing and have fun

Dex Scene
03-03-2015, 03:52 AM
I choose pierce over Shadow veil in arena. i can dodge out many situations and Veil gets confusing on Poison cloud environment.
Another good way to minimize getting mele attacks from boss is,
Dps class make a triangle.
Boss runs from one to another.
All shoot at boss When boss gets too near to one dps class, he dsnt run but stops attacking while other dps class keep attacking. Boss wont mele attack on the dps class and will run to other dps class. The stopped dps class person starts attacking again. Boss keeps running one to another.

Avshow
03-04-2015, 12:07 AM
the skills for arena:

pierce , nox, as are 3 must have skills, the 4th can be razor, heal, veil doest matter.

the essence for arena is fast damage cast on the bosses

the only chance we die is one hit by the boss( of course you should avoid red zone attack), we cannot control the time when boss have critical attacks( suppose this follows a fixed probability), but we can control the time we kill boss, the less time we use, the less chance we get one hit

extrapayah
03-04-2015, 11:05 AM
I choose pierce over Shadow veil in arena. i can dodge out many situations and Veil gets confusing on Poison cloud environment.
Another good way to minimize getting mele attacks from boss is,
Dps class make a triangle.
Boss runs from one to another.
All shoot at boss When boss gets too near to one dps class, he dsnt run but stops attacking while other dps class keep attacking. Boss wont mele attack on the dps class and will run to other dps class. The stopped dps class person starts attacking again. Boss keeps running one to another.

the skills for arena:

pierce , nox, as are 3 must have skills, the 4th can be razor, heal, veil doest matter.

the essence for arena is fast damage cast on the bosses

the only chance we die is one hit by the boss( of course you should avoid red zone attack), we cannot control the time when boss have critical attacks( suppose this follows a fixed probability), but we can control the time we kill boss, the less time we use, the less chance we get one hit

indeed, damage is one of the way to clear arena better, but it won't work for legendary geared players, with combination of 3 class, since i'm that legendary geared players and playing with all 3 in normal basis, i'm always trying to find the way where all three classes can be used, without spending too many ankhs, but not too slow... for legendary rogues who pierces a lot in spider env, it's almost imposibble not to get overwhelmed, yes, even though they use the 3-combo, but yes, definitely not for group of 4 rogues, i notice that averagely spider always spawn 4 in a time, with piercing rogues, who pierce through the middle.

but it won't happen if you pierce close, but legendary rogue can't tank. many will disagree with this guide, but i urge everyone to try, especially legendaries :P

desperately need a farming team :DDD

Dex Scene
03-04-2015, 11:20 AM
indeed, damage is one of the way to clear arena better, but it won't work for legendary geared players, with combination of 3 class, since i'm that legendary geared players and playing with all 3 in normal basis, i'm always trying to find the way where all three classes can be used, without spending too many ankhs, but not too slow... for legendary rogues who pierces a lot in spider env, it's almost imposibble not to get overwhelmed, yes, even though they use the 3-combo, but yes, definitely not for group of 4 rogues, i notice that averagely spider always spawn 4 in a time, with piercing rogues, who pierce through the middle.

but it won't happen if you pierce close, but legendary rogue can't tank. many will disagree with this guide, but i urge everyone to try, especially legendaries :P

desperately need a farming team :DDD
For spider environment noone should move at all. Warriors dont use skyward and rogues dont use pierce

extrapayah
03-06-2015, 05:03 AM
For spider environment noone should move at all. Warriors dont use skyward and rogues dont use pierce

i kind of disagree with this though, 1-hit kills charged attack are meant to be dodged, i say don't afraid to move, when necessary, and when moving on this kind of random occurrences environment, i found moving by hugging the walls won't spawn spiders as many as moving in the middle,

and even standing in the middle could spawn spiders more than moving by the walls, especially if your team don't stay in exactly same spot

Dex Scene
03-06-2015, 05:08 AM
i kind of disagree with this though, 1-hit kills charged attack are meant to be dodged, i say don't afraid to move, when necessary, and when moving on this kind of random occurrences environment, i found moving by hugging the walls won't spawn spiders as many as moving in the middle,

and even standing in the middle could spawn spiders more than moving by the walls, especially if your team don't stay in exactly same spot
Move minimal only when mele attack red zone shows up.
But if you make triangle with other players or stay a bit far from other players you don't even have to move.

Player A , B , C made triangle centering the boss.
all shoots the boss without moving.
If the boss come to player B and about to do mele attack, player B stops attacking when Player A and C kept on crazy shooting. Boss wont hit player B anymore and will run to player A or C. Player B starts attacking again.
This will make boss run one player to other.

Mr.Diamante
03-06-2015, 05:13 AM
Jugg is better than VB or VB is better?

radagan
03-07-2015, 03:32 AM
This is a great thread!