PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to the Winners of the Cupid's Clash PvP Tournament: Golden Lotus!

Remiem
03-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Congratulations to team GOLDEN LOTUS for winning the Lvl 15 Cupid's Clash Tournament!!!

and a big shout out to runners-up: PRONOOBS!!

You guys fought hard. Thank you so much for taking part in the tournament. Our lucky winners will walk away with some generous plat prizes and these beautiful tournament banners:

(Gold = 1st Silver = Runner Up)

Winners can expect to receive their prizes later this week.

For those who are curious, here are the final results:

A great job done by all!

Did you miss the action? Not to worry, we just posted a ton of highlights and match replays on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SpacetimeStudios

Here's one of my personal favorite quick clips:

http://youtu.be/qOg5awp68iQ?list=UUJd80eT7i4aaBRAh4UmacrA

Akatsuuki
03-02-2015, 04:59 PM
First!! Heya!

alphabane
03-02-2015, 05:11 PM
who are the runner ups?

DiddyMakeit
03-02-2015, 05:18 PM
Thankyou all for the heartfelt cheers and support. This event was really fun and exciting. =D

Remi, please make this an annual tourny so we can draw more pvprs to 15 knowing that next year they will get a chance to compete. =) it really does take time to gather gear and pets when it comes to twinking. Talking to some who wanted to participate, they stated they just didn't have the time to gather the appropriate competitive gears needed. Maybe next year we can get a full tournment signed up. =D

siddhant
03-02-2015, 06:12 PM
who are the runner ups?
Pronoobs-satty luv and nabbed

Zeus
03-02-2015, 06:17 PM
I see STG has partnered up with Hallmark on the banner making! :rolleyes:

*jokes*

DiddyMakeit
03-02-2015, 06:57 PM
I see STG has partnered up with Hallmark on the banner making! :rolleyes:

*jokes*

Yes it's missing the tournament symbol like the ones in your signature. .-.

I can see the pms flooding me asking what banner is for.

Also: The "No credit kills" were actually Trulle kills. She was just unseen on video but we all saw her in game.

Akatsuuki
03-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Hope every one from the tourney gets banner :/

Zeus
03-02-2015, 09:27 PM
Hope every one from the tourney gets banner :/

That would not be fair to the winners.

Akatsuuki
03-03-2015, 01:14 AM
That would not be fair to the winners.

We'll something worth joining for its no diff from joining an event being 1st than being on 25th besides 1st and 2nd gets to have platinum with them and for the first they get the golden one

Zeus
03-03-2015, 01:22 AM
We'll something worth joining for its no diff from joining an event being 1st than being on 25th besides 1st and 2nd gets to have platinum with them and for the first they get the golden one

It is - if people know they'll get a reward just for participating, tournament slots will fill up with inexperienced players who just want to freeload a prize.

If you want a prize, earn it.

Appeltjes
03-03-2015, 02:04 AM
Suggestions

#1: take the endgame pvp banner and replace the sword by an arrow with a big heart as arrowhead.
#2: take the design of this banner and place multiple arrows through the heart.

As of now I can assure you that nobody will know what this banner has been given out for.

Akatsuuki
03-03-2015, 02:52 AM
It is - if people know they'll get a reward just for participating, tournament slots will fill up with inexperienced players who just want to freeload a prize.

If you want a prize, earn it.
As for my own research not a lot of 15's has enough resources to join the event I have 4 arcane legends groups and I'm a admin on 2 out of them on facebook and little do they know about the event either majority of my friends are at 16 and only a handful has an account in forum ,not a lot of them also care a bout the banner I know it's a challenge for everyone to earn it the hard way, but banners don't give us stats it's not like a fancy vanity of leader board either or a expensive pet it's just a simple banner ,compare to the effort and Time spend just to prepair for the event some of us even spend millions on twink stuffs, sts has given out a lot of time for players to register for the event. so what I think is giving out a banner as a consolition isn't really a bad thing and since these events only occurs once in a while like once a year

siddhant
03-03-2015, 02:56 AM
As for my own research not a lot of 15's has enough resources to join the event I have 4 arcane legends groups and I'm a admin on 2 out of them on facebook and little do they know about the event either majority of my friends are at 16 and only a handful has an account in forum ,not a lot of them also care a bout the banner I know it's a challenge for everyone to earn it the hard way, but banners don't give us stats it's not like a fancy vanity of leader board either or a expensive pet it's just a simple banner ,compare to the effort and Time spend just to prepair for the event some of us even spend millions on twink stuffs, sts has given out a lot of time for players to register for the event. so what I think is giving out a banner as a consolition isn't really a bad thing and since these events only occurs once in a while like once a year

"lot of them really dont care"banner gives u bragging rights let there be a difference between the one who participated and who won no one really cares abt the plat or after 6months a guy asks the winner hey how did u get the banner he would say he won the tournament and hence it is rare but when there will be much more ppl there with that banner what would the guy say hey see sts rewarded me plat?

Mkthekiller
03-03-2015, 03:27 AM
'Gratz to golden lotus team..

Brufuzzz
03-03-2015, 05:16 AM
Congratulations to Golden lotus! Well played guys... :)

@STS:
Sadly you guys didn't listened well to the feedback I gave in the discussion thread (which was also confirmed by some other players).

I don't really understand why the feedback thread was created, cause we didn't get any response from the mods. I even did send Remiem a private message, just to be sure that you guys wouldn't miss it. Many people already knew that 2 teams wouldn't show up and you can see on the scoreboard that this has been proven to be true.

So basically, Team Karma went instantly to the semi-finals.... No offense to team Karma, but that's just a joke. 4 teams have to fight 2 rounds earlier to become champion of the tournament and another team can instantly go to the semi-finals. That's a big LOL for me. If there was a proper 'show-up check' at the start of the tourney (which was mentioned several times), we could have started all in round 2 with all teams and everybody would have had an opponent.

We actually would have only had 2 teams that had to fight in round 1 instead of 4 teams and everybody would have had a fight in round 2 on this way. The feedback I gave wasn't really based on 'rocket-science' so it's a big disappointment that you guys didn't think about this properly.

Please understand that feedback is given by players who really enjoy this game and who puts a lot efforts in it. This should be respected, so I hope you guys will be more responsive with future tournaments (or even in general).

Sky_is_epicgearz
03-03-2015, 06:29 AM
@STS:
Sadly you guys didn't listened well to the feedback I gave in the discussion thread (which was also confirmed by some other players).

So basically, Team Karma went instantly to the semi-finals.... No offense to team Karma, but that's just a joke. 4 teams have to fight 2 rounds earlier to become champion of the tournament and another team can instantly go to the semi-finals. That's a big LOL for me. If there was a proper 'show-up check' at the start of the tourney (which was mentioned several times), we could have started all in round 2 with all teams and everybody would have had an opponent.

Strongly with this.
Anyways it was fun, Good Game everyone and congrats to Golden Lotus

wariortheturk
03-03-2015, 06:58 AM
grz all teams. good tournaments

Encase
03-03-2015, 07:03 AM
Are subs also getting prizes?

Soundlesskill
03-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Gz Lotus

mesalin
03-03-2015, 07:42 AM
wtf guys nice

Danisafi
03-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Congratulations to Golden lotus! Well played guys... :)

@STS:

I don't really understand why the feedback thread was created, cause we didn't get any response from the mods. I even did send Remiem a private message, just to be sure that you guys wouldn't miss it. Many people already knew that 2 teams wouldn't show up and you can see on the scoreboard that this has been proven to be true.

We actually would have only had 2 teams that had to fight in round 1 instead of 4 teams and everybody would have had a fight in round 2 on this way. The feedback I gave wasn't really based on 'rocket-science' so it's a big disappointment that you guys didn't think about this properly.

Please understand that feedback is given by players who really enjoy this game and who puts a lot efforts in it. This should be respected, so I hope you guys will be more responsive with future tournaments (or even in general).
Sure Karma had an (sorry) unfair Start in semi Finals , which is annoying many of us "24/7 twinks" .But who ever watched it on twitch has seen karma got rect , so this should show us Karma can be beaten even with their lil bonusses [emoji6] .
Great Post Bruf .

Dex Scene
03-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Gratz to winners..
good job all.
Btw the spams were so annoying to watch in Golden Lotus vs Karma video. specially those 2 persons spamming through. No disrespect but always was missing out who killed whom.

~Venus
03-03-2015, 03:23 PM
Sure Karma had an (sorry) unfair Start in semi Finals , which is annoying many of us "24/7 twinks" .But who ever watched it on twitch has seen karma got rect , so this should show us Karma can be beaten even with their lil bonusses [emoji6] .
Great Post Bruf .

tbh, i never think any endgamer team will win this tournament since this is not their level and its a different game play. I still am impressed with karma as they give the better matches than the final round and shows better fights than the rest, no offense, based on score really - 10-20.

Zeus
03-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Great Post Bruf .

Err, Karma did better than any other twink team against the top tournament team. What are you going on about? The finals got a lower score in TWO matches than team Karma did in ONE match. Lotus has also stated that we were definitely the toughest team to fight so I do not see why you need to insult or instigate.

Danisafi
03-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Im going on about it has been karmas only match , hard work ...

Danisafi
03-03-2015, 03:42 PM
But i dont discuss here.just respect that this thread should have positive argument about the winners and so on , i should've kept it on Discussion thread i guess.

Zeus
03-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Im going on about it has been karmas only match , hard work ...

I wish we had more matches - it would've given us time to be familiar with having Trulle in play. You see it as us having an advantage, I see it as us having a disadvantage.

siddhant
03-03-2015, 04:50 PM
I wish we had more matches - it would've given us time to be familiar with having Trulle in play. You see it as us having an advantage, I see it as us having a disadvantage.
I think the trulle was allowed just to make breeze useless the so called stun for which every1 was going for turned out total fail take breeze aa out and it becomes preety much useless pet to have and trulle is actually a game changer to have especially when u are at disadvantage use him properly and u have far better chance of winning.

Zeus
03-03-2015, 04:52 PM
I think the trulle was allowed just to make breeze useless the so called stun for which every1 was going for turned out total fail take breeze aa out and it becomes preety much useless pet to have and trulle is actually a game changer to have especially when u are at disadvantage use him properly and u have far better chance of winning.

I agree with Trulle being a game changer. So, as I said, for me, it would've been better if we were allowed more matches rather than just get byes. Perhaps we would've been more prepared!

My point is some look at it as an advantage. Personally, I see it as a disadvantage.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Arrowz
03-03-2015, 05:01 PM

Yes because you only had weeks to become familiar with having trulle in play. Lol @ that comment.

~Venus
03-03-2015, 05:05 PM
nothing special in winning this tournament, no offense but its just knowing how to use the trulle. We can clearly see it in videos, no skills needed, just need the trulle to do the job really lol. Calling the trulle to join the match is lame lol, its like asking help from the npc to kill the opponent because their team cant kill the oponent by themselves. Shouldve take the trulle out.

Zeus
03-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Yes because you only had weeks to become familiar with having trulle in play. Lol @ that comment.

Me and my team logged in only to practice tournament style. Why would we practice anything else? You can verify this with Candy.

So yes, lol @ your comment.

Additionally, this is a congratulations thread if anyone has read the title. I do not know why bitterness has to be brought here.

~Venus
03-03-2015, 05:28 PM
Me and my team logged in only to practice tournament style. Why would we practice anything else? You can verify this with Candy.

So yes, lol @ your comment.

Additionally, this is a congratulations thread if anyone has read the title. I do not know why bitterness has to be brought here.

most twinks are too proud that karma just loose on that tourney. If u see the youtube comments lol.

anyways, i am happy for the winners and i do not underestimate the one who looses, i know this tourney is all about trulle luck, nothing special.

siddhant
03-03-2015, 05:30 PM
nothing special in winning this tournament, no offense but its just knowing how to use the trulle. We can clearly see it in videos, no skills needed, just need the trulle to do the job really lol. Calling the trulle to join the match is lame lol, its like asking help from the npc to kill the opponent because their team cant kill the oponent by themselves. Shouldve take the trulle out.
Lol "nothing special" what do u mean huh
when trulle is there he is there as environment making full use of him is skills and if the other team doesnt know how to do it not the fault of the winning team!even if trulle was taken out in my opinion golden lotus is much more better and experienced team at this bracket ty.

siddhant
03-03-2015, 05:37 PM
most twinks are too proud that karma just loose on that tourney. If u see the youtube comments lol.

anyways, i am happy for the winners and i do not underestimate the one who looses, i know this tourney is all about trulle luck, nothing special.
Lol why wouldnt the twinks be proud they have gone on to beat 3ppl from a guild which is renowed especially for its pvp and they have beaten them fair it wasnt that the trulle was only allowed for 1team when u are given a surrounding u need to adapt to that and sometimes u need to have the sportsmanspirit and accept ur loss without blaming it on luck:)

Zeus
03-03-2015, 05:42 PM

I don't see the reason for pride when all other twinks got lower scores than we did against Lotus...

As I said before in the pre tournament thread. I, nor did my team, expect to win. This is not our bracket and frankly, we lack experience at this level. However, it doesn't hurt to try as long as things are moderately fair.

So, if anyone has comments other than congratulations - I suggest they remove themselves from the thread before it gets locked. I will not post anything more other than congratulations and potential tournament improvements for next time. Others should do the same so the thread remains drama free.

@Sidd
I do not disagree. With or without Trulle, Golden Lotus is a formidable team.

~Venus
03-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Lol "nothing special" what do u mean huh
when trulle is there he is there as environment making full use of him is skills and if the other team doesnt know how to do it not the fault of the winning team!even if trulle was taken out in my opinion golden lotus is much more better and experienced team at this bracket ty.

nope trulle ruins the tournament. If u are a skilled player, u dont need to get the help of the trulle. I know few teams who are skilled in this bracket and admitted trulle was the tough part to win. Wearing that banner simply means u are pro… pro at hiding and using trulle rofl.

~Venus
03-03-2015, 06:33 PM
Lol why wouldnt the twinks be proud they have gone on to beat 3ppl from a guild which is renowed especially for its pvp and they have beaten them fair it wasnt that the trulle was only allowed for 1team when u are given a surrounding u need to adapt to that and sometimes u need to have the sportsmanspirit and accept ur loss without blaming it on luck:)

i dont really care if karma looses i am just shocked that they did a better competition than the final round. And i ment no harm on saying twinks are proud.

siddhant
03-03-2015, 06:50 PM
nope trulle ruins the tournament. If u are a skilled player, u dont need to get the help of the trulle. I know few teams who are skilled in this bracket and admitted trulle was the tough part to win. Wearing that banner simply means u are pro pro at hiding and using trulle rofl.
U can go on blabbing all u like but the fact is golden lotus has beaten karma comprehensively:)

siddhant
03-03-2015, 06:53 PM
i dont really care if karma looses i am just shocked that they did a better competition than the final round. And i ment no harm on saying twinks are proud.
Lol this is a false policy just because a team loses 20-8 and 20-10 the second team becomes better no suppose if chelsea beat aston villa 3-2 and they beat manc 3-1 does aston become better than manc?unless those 2teams go up against each other u cant say karma is better in my opinion pronoobs are better than karma.

Zeus
03-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Lol this is a false policy just because a team loses 20-8 and 20-10 the second team becomes better no suppose if chelsea beat aston villa 3-2 and they beat manc 3-1 does aston become better than manc?unless those 2teams go up against each other u cant say karma is better in my opinion pronoobs are better than karma.

Candy's team stated we were the tougher team - the judgement comes from them as well.

siddhant
03-03-2015, 07:54 PM
Candy's team stated we were the tougher team - the judgement comes from them as well.
Int himself stated pronoobs are better just because they had one major flaw(i am not gonna tell u what the flaw is sorry) in their game they got less kills again i have stated "in my opinion" pronoobs are slightly better and experienced which gives them a edge even thou they might not be the best team to take pressure but on paper they are better team for me.

Zeus
03-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Int himself stated pronoobs are better just because they had one major flaw(i am not gonna tell u what the flaw is sorry) in their game they got less kills again i have stated "in my opinion" pronoobs are slightly better and experienced which gives them a edge even thou they might not be the best team to take pressure but on paper they are better team for me.

I guess different members of that team have different opinions then. :p

siddhant
03-03-2015, 08:00 PM
I guess different members of that team have different opinions then. :p

Yup they had a fix strategy against them who to target in particular against ur team idk that strategy existed or no cauz i didnt talk to him abt the clash with karma

Danisafi
03-04-2015, 01:30 AM
If you didnt take part and just want to blame twinks please keep it out from Here and make an own thread , where you can blame us.

Danisafi
03-04-2015, 01:30 AM
AS Zeus said its an congratulations thread

Kingofdevilz
03-04-2015, 02:07 AM
Yeah for those who didn't take part in the tourney, please don't post rubbish comments.

Brufuzzz
03-04-2015, 05:04 AM
Some people are really looking at scores with 'colored glasses' on. If you mention like 3 times that you did such a great job by losing from Golden Lotus with 10-20, than something is really going wrong. Losing by 10-20 isn't good and that's why I would never say that my team did decent with a 8-20 lost. All I am saying is that the results would be a lot different if Trulle wasn't there.

Just a simple fact: You can't say that your team did better than others, when there is a 3rd party (Trulle) in the game. It changes the whole game-play and you are now more depended on the 'luck-factor'. If you want to say something like 'Not based on luck, cause both teams have their advantages and disadvantages with Trulle in the game' than I strongly disagree. Just think about the following things: We have chosen our pets & gear based on not having Trulle in the tournament. For example: Breeze is less powerful with Trulle in the game and as rogue you should always use an umbral bow with Trulle for the patch proc, cause you can barely move from Trulle's hits when you got patched. This are just small things which can influence the outcome of the match. We also had a game strategy, which couldn't be used because of Trulle.

If you disagree on these simple facts, than I am willing to demonstrate this in a 3 v 3 battle (without Trulle) to any of the signed teams of this tournament. This isn't to show-off, but to show that my statements are based on facts and not on opinions of people with colored glasses on.

huntzone
03-04-2015, 08:49 AM
nice

jioleca
03-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Grats to the winners

Appeltjes
03-04-2015, 09:31 AM
Some people are really looking at scores with 'colored glasses' on. If you mention like 3 times that you did such a great job by losing from Golden Lotus with 10-20, than something is really going wrong. Losing by 10-20 isn't good and that's why I would never say that my team did decent with a 8-20 lost. All I am saying is that the results would be a lot different if Trulle wasn't there.

Just a simple fact: You can't say that your team did better than others, when there is a 3rd party (Trulle) in the game. It changes the whole game-play and you are now more depended on the 'luck-factor'. If you want to say something like 'Not based on luck, cause both teams have their advantages and disadvantages with Trulle in the game' than I strongly disagree. Just think about the following things: We have chosen our pets & gear based on not having Trulle in the tournament. For example: Breeze is less powerful with Trulle in the game and as rogue you should always use an umbral bow with Trulle for the patch proc, cause you can barely move from Trulle's hits when you got patched. This are just small things which can influence the outcome of the match. We also had a game strategy, which couldn't be used because of Trulle.

If you disagree on these simple facts, than I am willing to demonstrate this in a 3 v 3 battle (without Trulle) to any of the signed teams of this tournament. This isn't to show-off, but to show that my statements are based on facts and not on opinions of people with colored glasses on.

Yes, I've seen your team practice and that most certainly was not a 20-8 loss.

Also for sts make trulle visible in free camera mode -,-

Soundlesskill
03-04-2015, 10:31 AM

Trull ez to kite nab, and can be a huge advantage..

Akatsuuki
03-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Without trulle .. We(alpha team) already a top by 1 (7-6) against pronoobs when trulle becomes a problem it's a tough one knowing that the outcome would have been different one .. :/

Remiem
03-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Alright, time to lock this one down. As some have said, this thread was for congratulations and celebration. Not arguing. I've made note of your feedback re: Trulle and show-up checks and will definitely keep it in mind going into the next tournament.

Regardless of any bumps in the road, Golden Lotus fought well and deserves people cheering them on...not fighting over Trulle and who's better than who. <3