PDA

View Full Version : UNLOCKED Grand Crate of The Watch or Grand Key

Titanfall
03-04-2015, 01:44 PM
The new frog crate gave me an idea. We should make a Grand Key that can be purhased for 15 plat and is tradeable, or make a UNLOCKED crate that is free to open and bought with 15 plat. However I prefer the key as the unlocked crate will make regular locks 500 gold. I really like this idea as EVERYONE can open locks, more gold coming in to the economy, arcanes and mythics will be more affordable. STS dont lose any revenue, what do you guys think?

Powergear546
03-04-2015, 02:37 PM
I like ur idea but I want arcanes dropped at least in elites cause u get locks with no keys lol n I'm fed up of locks.why we get arcane pets in locks but not a single egg drops in whole arlor with people having even 40% luck.

Fyrce
03-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Actually I think it's called "selling the item in the Auction house". Person A unlocks the crate. Person B benefits when Person A puts the item up in the Auction House or for sale.

Titanfall
03-04-2015, 02:59 PM
Actually I think it's called "selling the item in the Auction house". Person A unlocks the crate. Person B benefits when Person A puts the item up in the Auction House or for sale.
Uhm? This is completely different. I think its called everyone being able to open locks.

emkochiu
03-04-2015, 04:38 PM
I posted an idea about a key in a thread before but noone cares :). Anyway, I hope it will come true in the future.

Titanfall
03-04-2015, 07:29 PM
I like the idea about the key. It would sorta play the same role that Ankh has for plat revive. It will give the platimum players another way of converting the plat to gold and the price of locks will probably go up also because some of the F2P players can open locks finally.
Exactly what I was thinking ^^

Energizeric
03-04-2015, 07:51 PM
As has been previously mentioned, this would cause the price of Elite chests to drop way down to nothing. The only reason why Elite chests keep their value is because for the many non-plat players, this is the only chance they have to loot a mythic or arcane item. If you make it possible for these players to open locked crates, then elite golden chests will be worth very little and that will be the end of elite farming.

obee
03-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Uhm? This is completely different. I think its called everyone being able to open locks.
Not everyone can open locks if they don't have platinum. And making locks 500 gold in the auction house would just be horrible. So many locks would be purchased, next thing you know, too many items on the market, and the people selling don't get anything out of it.

vawaid
03-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Agree!

sent by a nab using tapasucks

aquascaper
03-04-2015, 08:07 PM
As has been previously mentioned, this would cause the price of Elite chests to drop way down to nothing. The only reason why Elite chests keep their value is because for the many non-plat players, this is the only chance they have to loot a mythic or arcane item. If you make it possible for these players to open locked crates, then elite golden chests will be worth very little and that will be the end of elite farming.

Maybe have the keys drop from elites in addition to being purchasable with plat?

obee
03-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Making locks 500 gold in the auction house would just be horrible. So many locks would be purchased, next thing you know, too many items on the market, and the people selling don't get anything out of it. Also, the key would also make people not run elites, since they can open locks.

obee
03-04-2015, 08:08 PM
Maybe have the keys drop from elites in addition to being purchasable with plat?
It would just be a disaster. If everyone opened locks, there would be so many items on the market, it would just be crazy. Locks would eventually decrease to such a low price

Titanfall
03-04-2015, 08:09 PM
It would just be a disaster. If everyone opened locks, there would be so many items on the market, it would just be crazy. Locks would eventually decrease to such a low price
Locks would increase, your right however on items decreasing

Zylx
03-04-2015, 09:24 PM
This has been suggested many times before and it's actually not a half bad idea. Everyone benefits.

Player A buys crate from CS for 10k
Player A unlocks crate for 15 plat
Player A sells unlocked crate for 40k to Player B
Player B opens locked crate.

Result:

● Player A gains 30k gold (2x his plat expense converted to gold, which is the general profit from other plat-purchase-sold items). Profits in Gold.

● Player B (Non-plat user) opens crate and genuinely loots contents. Profits in Crate Loot.

● 1 crate is removed from the game, and 15 plat is ultimately consumed, leaving STS unaffected with the same profit gain as before.

Limsi
03-04-2015, 10:55 PM
Elite farming will die, trust me.

Why farm for elite golden x if you can simply save your money and pop em crates for gold

Appeltjes
03-05-2015, 02:11 AM

Barely any f2p players waste the gold they have on overpriced chests with useless drops.

siddhant
03-05-2015, 04:02 AM
nice idea if ppl are having problem with the key being tradeable and stuff u can keep the key as a drop from elites and its drop rate should be as good as locks or maybe with more difficult maps a much better drop rate this will help game and ppl in following ways:
Very good incentive to run elites
Prices of lock goes up
Free players can open locks with hard work
But this would result to loss to sts cauz ppl would just farm for keys and no of ppl spending 15plats would decrease but i guess sts can increase more plat sale via locks from event now require 30plat to open and ppl cant use key and during plat sale or some weekends there will be no key drop u can only open locks via 15plat for that weekend and ur key stored in inventory wont work during this event and maybe the locks at this special weekend will have a "slightly" better drop rate,just my suggestions ty.

gumball3000
03-05-2015, 05:11 AM
If this gets added then you might expect everything else that is bought with plat to rise in value.
There will be a big demand for these keys so people who now buy ankh, respec kits and elixirs to sell in the auction house wi start selling keys instead because there will be more profitable to do so.
Locks price will increase too since more people will take their chance at opening them which in turn will make loot from locks more expensive. I don't think by adding these loot will get any cheaper.
While changes in the economy will be more or less dramatic i don't approve of this idea because it doesn't move away from the whole gambling aspect of the game.

Hoardseeker
03-05-2015, 10:47 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?156871-Unlocked-Grand-Crate-of-the-Watch-It-should-be-Why

If this gets implemented, there are many benifits

Look at my thread made long before

STS May Try it in Test server

Dvsk
03-05-2015, 11:05 AM
I have a idea which could be slightly better, in terms of making everyone happy. Instead of being able to buy the keys, make them able to be lootable in elite maps. That gives more people the chance to do elites. Any elites, it has a major low chance to loot it. And this means that everyone has the same chance to loot it, for example it shouldn't just be looted in the planar for examples as that would mean only rich people who have the best gear can get them as they can run for runs faster.

So - no buy, just looting in elite. Means locks do decrease prices. Elite chests don't decrease price. Everyone can open locks with grinding. Gets more gameplay. Win Win!

noisy
03-05-2015, 11:21 AM
+1. Equal chance to all.

Titanfall
03-05-2015, 12:55 PM
I have a idea which could be slightly better, in terms of making everyone happy. Instead of being able to buy the keys, make them able to be lootable in elite maps. That gives more people the chance to do elites. Any elites, it has a major low chance to loot it. And this means that everyone has the same chance to loot it, for example it shouldn't just be looted in the planar for examples as that would mean only rich people who have the best gear can get them as they can run for runs faster.

So - no buy, just looting in elite. Means locks do decrease prices. Elite chests don't decrease price. Everyone can open locks with grinding. Gets more gameplay. Win Win!
STS lose a lot of money I don't see that happening.

Dvsk
03-05-2015, 02:35 PM
STS lose a lot of money I don't see that happening.

Please tell me how 'STS loses a lot of money'? Because as far as I understand i said 'low chance' I don't like STS would be losing very much if the chance of drop was for example 1/100 million. They would gain MORE income as it will mean more people will play and have something to do.
So please explain :)

Titanfall
03-05-2015, 02:52 PM
Please tell me how 'STS loses a lot of money'? Because as far as I understand i said 'low chance' I don't like STS would be losing very much if the chance of drop was for example 1/100 million. They would gain MORE income as it will mean more people will play and have something to do.
So please explain :)
If your going to make the drop chance arcane chance, why would anyone bother wasting their time to open 1 crate? If your going to make it same chance as vial, well I don't need to say much more.

mlb2005
03-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Elite farming will die, trust me.

Why farm for elite golden x if you can simply save your money and pop em crates for gold

Elite farming is dead anyway.

VenomsChaos
03-06-2015, 05:54 PM
This has been suggested many times before and it's actually not a half bad idea. Everyone benefits.

Player A buys crate from CS for 10k
Player A unlocks crate for 15 plat
Player A sells unlocked crate for 40k to Player B
Player B opens locked crate.

Result:

● Player A gains 30k gold (2x his plat expense converted to gold, which is the general profit from other plat-purchase-sold items). Profits in Gold.

● Player B (Non-plat user) opens crate and genuinely loots contents. Profits in Crate Loot.

● 1 crate is removed from the game, and 15 plat is ultimately consumed, leaving STS unaffected with the same profit gain as before.

this is also can be good for locked prizes in auc. km3 farms will start again... i like the idea

Dvsk
03-06-2015, 06:17 PM
If your going to make the drop chance arcane chance, why would anyone bother wasting their time to open 1 crate? If your going to make it same chance as vial, well I don't need to say much more.

Never stated that it to be the same as vial. I just gave an example of how to make it so that everyone profits.

And why would anyone bother you say? It's because it has a chance to earn you 50million in a few days instead of years.

Another reason why, because your farming elites anyway at endgame. It's just another benefit.

Titanfall
03-06-2015, 06:18 PM
Never stated that it to be the same as vial. I just gave an example of how to make it so that everyone profits.

And why would anyone bother you say? It's because it has a chance to earn you 50million in a few days instead of years.

Another reason why, because your farming elites anyway at endgame. It's just another benefit.
You do understand most people get arcanes and myths after a minimum of like 100 crates right? .-.

Dvsk
03-06-2015, 09:00 PM
You do understand most people get arcanes and myths after a minimum of like 100 crates right? .-.

So ? What are you exactly trying to say lol?

Plus they must be lucky, as far as I know some people don't get any arcanes until they open like 600 crates.

Titanfall
03-06-2015, 09:01 PM
So ? What are you exactly trying to say lol?

Plus they must be lucky, as far as I know some people don't get any arcanes until they open like 600 crates.
Im tryna say if ur gona make the key hard to get/ time consuming its not worth it

Hoardseeker
03-07-2015, 04:23 AM
It simply brings the cost of Elite chests down and u cannot make money by getting those chests

Pillowhead
03-07-2015, 04:13 PM
I agree with this thread.
They should put keys in the shop for 15 plat each.
The keys won't be cheap tho, it will cost around 20-30k, because it's 15 platinum for each key.
The lockeds will be expensive to, cause everyone wants them.
The loot chance in the lockeds are not even high, the moment you'll get the mythic/arcane, you've already spent 3-6m gold on the chets and keys.
So It's a win for everyone I guess, mostly for the rich players, but everyone can try, right?

SacredKnight
03-07-2015, 04:17 PM

Your point is indeed valid, but please..How many people have actually received an Arcane item from a chest this century? :3