PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with cupids portal

Derezzzed
03-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Im pretty disappointed with the portal, this could have been SO MUCH BETTER ️especially after releasing a poll on the main post hinting towards the new expansion (don't get me wrong I didn't expect a whole expansion) but let's be honest here; a extremely easy boss that we just kill/repeat/kill/repeat for a recolor version of the same vanitys we just spent grinding for just is plain dull, I for one would never have even bothered using my tokens on the store vanity if I knew at the end of the event a recoloured version woul drop from a boss that takes >1m to kill

This could've and should've been better

Visiting
03-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Meh, free stuff is always good IMO...

Derezzzed
03-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Meh, free stuff is always good IMO...

I'll take the free stuffs but...

Late event

Grind

Portal

Oh look grind some more for recoloured stuff

Meh

Doobiez
03-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Better then nothing btw hasent valentines been over XD at least they put in time too give something to the community thank you sts for the event :)

Tatman
03-04-2015, 05:35 PM
I don't like it either, but this weak boss gives the opportunity for actual new low level players to make some gold by selling lovecraft chests or get a cool vanity.

Derezzzed
03-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Better then nothing btw hasent valentines been over XD at least they put in time too give something to the community thank you sts for the event :)

The event was released a week after Valentine's Day lol, hence why I said late event

Derezzzed
03-04-2015, 05:44 PM
I don't like it either, but this weak boss gives the opportunity for actual new low level players to make some gold by selling lovecraft chests or get a cool vanity.

I get what you're saying but same could be said for the candy hearts we just spent a week collecting for this

octavos
03-04-2015, 05:53 PM
i'm happy..its a different event that didn't need energy. So thats all Ill say :)

Earlingstad
03-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Pleased with the portal surprise. :) Cool event. Good job sts. Anybody knows till when can we have the portal open?

Ardbeg
03-04-2015, 05:58 PM
this event is testing new waters. it offers something for collectors and offers opportunities for farmers. no energy mechanic, short crafting time, no crafting ingredients (lockeds) are needed. all in all i would say it helps new/lesser geared players a lot to get gold. and that s a good thing.

nevercan
03-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Look at the positif of it you can get free stuf! Im olways in for free stuf

Ravager
03-04-2015, 06:10 PM
I liked that there was an opportunity for free cool stuff and not so plat-based. No energy either. Sure there weren't too many opportunities to actually make so much money in lots of cases but it didn't cost anything either, free stuff and was optional. I liked it. This way hardly anyone actually misses out on enjoying the event.

Fyrce
03-04-2015, 06:23 PM
I like it. It's much better than any previous Love non-event.

Overweightank
03-04-2015, 06:29 PM

Nothing was better. we lost money from economy. get mocked with wrong class vanities showing up for us countless times. # warrior with 13 rogue/mage sets but no warrior *

Also we're wasting time. Hurray for 'V hearts'

Niixed
03-04-2015, 06:45 PM
this event is testing new waters. it offers something for collectors and offers opportunities for farmers. no energy mechanic, short crafting time, no crafting ingredients (lockeds) are needed. all in all i would say it helps new/lesser geared players a lot to get gold. and that s a good thing.

Excellent point. STS is obviously doing a test run of minor events, similar to the purpose of the goblin event. The economy needed a gold injection and it helps non-wealthy players as well. Yeah, the portal wasn't particularly exciting, but I enjoyed the nod to Call of Cthulhu.

Derezzzed
03-04-2015, 06:46 PM
I liked that there was an opportunity for free cool stuff and not so plat-based. No energy either. Sure there weren't too many opportunities to actually make so much money in lots of cases but it didn't cost anything either, free stuff and was optional. I liked it. This way hardly anyone actually misses out on enjoying the event.

I agree with everything said here

Lemme remind everyone though that I don't hate this event, im just saying with the teasers released along with the grind then grind again this event could've been a lot better

Say: atleast a town from the new expansion, a sneak peek, maybe a tad bit of backstory idk

For getting 100k potions and then just having to farm again is dull

Bellaelda
03-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Was a great little free event, but I agree the hype about what's behind portal was kinda a let down.... Wish they had something rare and awesome in the Lovecraft chests... Maybe a super rare chance at discontinued pets like sns (those been exclusive long enuf) or something like that... Just to satisfy all that hype

Simon Chee
03-04-2015, 07:33 PM
In additional, my pint of view is that for those who needs a gyrm egg, I think is better to buy from cs rather than buying frog crates. Can't imagine how many plats a person need to spend just to get the gyrm..not worth it to spend so much plats to get a legendary pets.

Raregem
03-04-2015, 07:54 PM
What did you expect to be behind the portal, a naked cupid throwing arcane eggs from a basket?

Yes, yes I did! Where's my Arcane Deary?! Too funny.

I think it is the hype that ends up being the problem. Like with the winter event. But, they cant go around saying a "Mediocre event and surprise."

Overall I think this is a nice event very relaxed. I don't understand the crate vanities not being tradable, but that's pretty small in comparison to all the good things we got in the last few weeks. I think Ankhs were my favorite.

Noobx
03-04-2015, 07:55 PM
This event is a test basically. If it goes well, they will start doing more minor events. Sts is trying to add more gold to the economy and help spread it throughout, instead of having just one player hoard 300mil for months and years. By purchasing candies players redistributed gold among others and so forth. Also, when you kill boss, you can get 200-500 gold (depends on pt or if solo) so really youre not wasting gold for pots. This is coming from the point of view of a player that has not spent plat, no full mythics either.

Xpolosion
03-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Couldnt they use all the time they put into this lame event for lets say new cap we been waiting for. Its been a year now. The games got boring as hell. This event was huge disappointment

epicrrr
03-04-2015, 10:04 PM
I liked how its a collective effort. Its free. I love the event overall. :)

Ladysophie
03-04-2015, 10:11 PM
Lol@Poll.

debitmandiri
03-04-2015, 11:09 PM
LOL@arcanedeary
LOL@newexpansion
LOL@u

Wutzgood
03-04-2015, 11:25 PM
I like it. Nice quick boss and a few new vanities to get.

I like the wings only alot. Adding wings to any armor set is great.

Trenton
03-04-2015, 11:31 PM
Im pretty disappointed with the portal, this could have been SO MUCH BETTER ️especially after releasing a poll on the main post hinting towards the new expansion (don't get me wrong I didn't expect a whole expansion) but let's be honest here; a extremely easy boss that we just kill/repeat/kill/repeat for a recolor version of the same vanitys we just spent grinding for just is plain dull, I for one would never have even bothered using my tokens on the store vanity if I knew at the end of the event a recoloured version woul drop from a boss that takes >1m to kill

This could've and should've been better
U poor thing :(

ezkinita
03-04-2015, 11:35 PM
Thank you STS :)

kianex

kinzmet
03-05-2015, 12:23 AM
Wheres my Arcane Deary? http://www.animateit.net/data/media/april2014/deer91.gif
huhuhuhuhuhu

Zynzyn
03-05-2015, 12:29 AM
What did you expect to be behind the portal, a naked cupid throwing arcane eggs from a basket? .

Hahahaha thanks for the laugh! :D

I love the event. I knew this was a mini event. The wonderful vanities need to remain priceless rather than being sold in abundance at 5k gold each on CS So nontransferable is a good idea.

For those who were disappointed with "hype" vs "'reality". Omg that poll was put up there totally in jest! It was in no way a promise or statement of possible things to come, it was just a poll to make us smile, I believe. Why so serious? xD

Ladysophie
03-05-2015, 12:35 AM
With all due respect imo many of you are missing the point of this thread. :)

bedmaster
03-05-2015, 02:57 AM
Yeah i thought after hard work grindin wt for candies and craft em to hearts and potions there will be our prize but it turns out to be more hard work meh

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Dragoonclaws
03-05-2015, 03:11 AM
Wheres my Arcane Deary? http://www.animateit.net/data/media/april2014/deer91.gif
huhuhuhuhuhu

DEAR(Y) Players

The big surprise by STS is

A TROLL (Literally)
NOW BEAT IT

Get it?

carmine_blade
03-05-2015, 03:59 AM
Not gonna lie, I was super hoping for a sneak peek at the expansion, possibly the town. But, I do love this event and I really hope STS use this format in the future- it was totally free to play, there was quite a lot of money to be made from selling candies and now lovecraft chests (one guildie made 1m farming hardcore and selling candies), the vanities look really cool, so yeah.. very happy. Thanks STS!

octavos
03-05-2015, 10:22 AM
This event is a test basically. If it goes well, they will start doing more minor events. Sts is trying to add more gold to the economy and help spread it throughout

agreed..and thats what many will do. I spent 1m in just letter purchases...now a 200-300k on lovecraft boxes....so yes thats whats happening..and I love this event for it..now new players can farm and make a small profit from me :) in exchange for my limited time vanities that I play for.

octavos
03-05-2015, 10:23 AM
huhuhuhuhuhu

oops double post sorry.
thats funny because I did see a red deer after you kill the loveboss. :) and it is said...."you didn't see anything here"..I should have taken a screen shoot.
he pops out by the portal. that helps kill the boss.

nevercan
03-05-2015, 10:37 AM
oops double post sorry.
thats funny because I did see a red deer after you kill the loveboss. :) and it is said...."you didn't see anything here"..I should have taken a screen shoot.
he pops out by the portal. that helps kill the boss.
I have seen it to i though i was dreaming :)

octavos
03-05-2015, 10:42 AM
I have seen it to i though i was dreaming :)

looks like this..thanks to linkandcena

Jhawkeye
03-05-2015, 11:19 AM
I, myself find those golden cupid things amazing and a great looking vanity that easy imo is a great idea

Dalmony
03-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Agreeing with Raregem and Dez here.... the feeling of disappointment some people have is only coming from the fact that the hype in the lead-up then didn't match the reality, especially with the poll.

It was maybe a slight error to let the entire population of the game think that this was going to be related in some way to the coming expansion, because that is something which was feasible and which the majority of players are dying to see.

I too wasn't expecting a full expansion to be accessed via "Cupid," but something like that same tower map and same loot mechanics, but which contained a toned down version of one of the new bosses, with a few of the new expansion style minions to kill on the way up to him just as a sort of "preview."

Ignoring the hype-reality mismatch, the event itself is a nice end to the Valentines event arc - the vanities are really nice, and activity level is way high with people partying up to do the map and chatting about all the random items they've looted from the boss, or how many wrong class items they loot in the quest to acquire the golden wings.

cami
03-05-2015, 01:26 PM
Exeptic..

Allows.
03-05-2015, 02:17 PM
I pretty liked the event, but IMO it was too short.

But honestly, i expected an Arcane Deary as a Boss behind the Portal, waah, that would have been fun!

Dragoonclaws
03-05-2015, 06:17 PM
Why are you talking past tense? The event is still going on and it's almost a 2 week long event.

It's a month long event

Start time: 12 feb 2015
End time: 9 mar 2015

bedmaster
03-05-2015, 06:23 PM
No longer very disappointed now as i also made some good loot off chests. But the arena where we fight the boss reminds me of shuyal gladiator arena turned around...

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Allows.
03-06-2015, 10:27 AM
Why are you talking past tense? The event is still going on and it's almost a 2 week long event.

Sorry I'm from Austria and English is not my native language.

darthdlo
03-06-2015, 02:28 PM
It was a collective event and only few people benefited from reward the community should have been rewarded for community participation not community works for goal then ppl who didnt contribute can log on stand in corner and leech and win new vanities while hard working players get the shaft.

grzena1982
03-09-2015, 05:55 PM
The bottom line is this is a good and rewarding event on many levels. Complaining about voluntary activities that did not meet some of yours made up expectations is weird. I would rather see your view on what you would have them improve in the future.

Zerris
03-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Well it did give lower levels a good way of making money for a while