PDA

View Full Version : Deeper Down the Rabbit Hole

Gouki
05-21-2010, 09:50 AM
I have really enjoyed the game so far and I think it has been a major break through for portable devices. If I was to express my greatest hope for this game it would be to deepen its content and structure. I would really like to see characters expanding their skills into specific nitches like wood working, necromancy, rangering, training, cloth working, mining, gem making, etc etc. Well aware here that there are other games out there that do this and while I am sure no one is trying to remake these games some of these ideas really work and bring extended play and fun into the game.

Aside from character development the maps seem very streamline. Like start here at A and get to Z. It would be super cool to have things opened up, more random wilderness. Also maybe include some natural neutral creatures that live in the world... like oh there's a stray wolf or something don't hit it or it might attack you...

Again my point isn't to attack or critique something that is good only to make suggestions on how it might be better and how we might get deeper down the rabbit hole.

Avadonna
05-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Yes, yes! I would immensely enjoy a gaming world like that on my ipad.

King Richie
05-21-2010, 11:03 AM
But you have to remember it is only an iphone ipad and ipod touch game , i really doubt that much more is possible then what the devs are already making

Gouki
05-21-2010, 11:45 AM
You make a very good point and as much as I would like to see this depth... Is it possible from a develop net perspective? My fear is that your very right "it's just an iPhone game". My hope is your wrong of course. Deva? Can you please shed some light on the limitations were working with?

Ta11on
05-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Well, until quests come, open-world levels would be a huge pain. The current objective of each dungeon is to simply kill every enemy. If you had to run around an open dungeon searching for things to kill, it would be very annoying, and I probably wouldn't enjoy it. I like the dungeon structure the way it is.

I would like to see more character depth, but not in the way you are saying. This game would be better off branching out in ways such as a wider variety of weapons, more strategic skills, and overall more customization options. I don't think this game is fit for mining, wood cutting, and such.

IMO.

flaimdude
05-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Let's not turn PL into runescape. :)

But I would like to know what the Devs think their limitations are as far as ability to make an even bigger game. I mean, player housing, pets, etc. are all in the works, which are fairly big updates when you think about it.

Gouki
05-21-2010, 05:36 PM
This is good feedback, I would like to know what others think about this subject. I am not in complete agreement about the possibility of customizing characters but I am also still in the dark as to what can be developed from a technical side. Devs, what is possible and what is unlikely on small devices? Also please I would like to get some more feedback on this from others. Is this something others would like to see expanded?

Violentsaint
05-21-2010, 05:36 PM
i like pocket legends for what it is, a dungeon crawler, if i wanted to do somthing rediculously boring like woodchopping or mining id go play runescape

i like the dungeon crawling structure the way it is, all that needs is continual updates for pvp when its released.

bopart
05-21-2010, 05:53 PM
I think the Devs should make a place where u could buy pets and they help you fight!
(1 pet per person)

HectorCruz
05-21-2010, 07:23 PM
I think the Devs should make a place where u could buy pets and they help you fight!
(1 pet per person)

I believe this is in the works.

ratava
05-22-2010, 05:38 PM
I believe this is in the works.

I think maybe a special class that herds pets ie bear, bird, elf + puppet-master 4th choice? If everyone has a "pet" the pet's AI is too docile.